Tenebrous,Plagueis,palpatine, VS FOTJ Luke, Kyp Durron, and Jacen Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
The midichlorians wizards VS the the greatest jedis of all time

carthage
Team 1 with mid difficulty.

Jacen might barely take Tenebrous but the combined might of Plagueis and his apprentice is too much for FOTJ Luke alone and Durron gets blitzed. Plagueis and Sidious then kill an exhausted Jacen

NewGuy01
no

Kalen Sykes
Team 2. FOTJ Luke is the most power Jedi ever, and stronger than each Team 1 member, individually. Jacen is the closest person in the Order to Luke's power in the Force and was skilled enough to duel evenly with Kyle Katarn, the Order's Battlemaster. Kyp is a Force beast who, at one time, was thought to have more potential than Luke, himself. I see Luke beating Palpatine, while Jacen makes short work of Tenebrous and Kyp defeats Plagueis in a Force battle.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Jacen wouldn't make short work of Tenebrous no expression

Q99
Team 2. Luke can take Palpatine, Jacen and Kyp can bare minimum hold out against the other two, possibly win.

carthage
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I said he'd likely only narrowly beat him in a theoretical fight.

Nothing suggests Kyp would last long against Plagueis. So I'm not quite sure where some of you are suggest he'd last very long in a combat scenario at Plagueis's peak

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I was responding to Kalan saying that Jacen'd make short work of Tenebrous.

But yeah, I actually agree with you. As much raw power as Kyp has, I don't see him lasting a protracted period of time against Plagueis.

Kalen Sykes

How do you figure? If this is FOTJ Jacen, I don't see why he couldn't.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
FOTJ Jacen? Wut?

and no. Tenebrous is implied to be fairly close to Plagueis/sidious tier in terms of power, which is more than enough to be able to give Jacen a very good fight.

carthage
^Exactly Jacen wins by order of having more feats and generally not being that far off in terms of power. But Tenebrous doesn't go down without a fight, afterwards I'm not seeing him survive long enough after Plagueis kills Durron

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah. IMO Plagueis kills Durron before Luke/Jacen defeat their opponents, and Plagueis can help one of the two (probably palpatine against luke).

Emperordmb
There is no FOTJ Jacen. Unless you're talking about his spirit beyond shadows.

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by Emperordmb
There is no FOTJ Jacen. Unless you're talking about his spirit beyond shadows.

Whoops, my apologies. I meant LOTF Jacen. Thanks for catching that.

Kalen Sykes
Yeah. IMO Plagueis kills Durron before Luke/Jacen defeat their opponents, and Plagueis can help one of the two (probably palpatine against luke).

I doubt it. By FOTJ (yes, I have it right, this time, my mistake), Luke should be on the next tier from Sidious.

Q99
Kyp's supposed to be at least as strong as NJO Luke, he should be able to hold on just find. Heck, he may even be stronger than pre-fall Jacen- Lumiya and Vengere were strongly considering him as a candidate and only passed him over due to his attitude.

Also, shouldn't it be Kyp vs Tenebrous, Jacen vs Plagueis?

Tenebrous was passed by Plagueis who was passed by Sidious, he's at least two steps down (could be small steps, but still).

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by Q99
Kyp's supposed to be at least as strong as NJO Luke, he should be able to hold on just find. Heck, he may even be stronger than pre-fall Jacen- Lumiya and Vengere were strongly considering him as a candidate and only passed him over due to his attitude.

Also, shouldn't it be Kyp vs Tenebrous, Jacen vs Plagueis?

Tenebrous was passed by Plagueis who was passed by Sidious, he's at least two steps down (could be small steps, but still).

Good point. Luke takes Sidious, Jacen takes Plagueis, and Kyp takes Tenebrous.

carthage
Not seeing Kyp take Tenebrous personally mainly due to the speed gap, but then again both don't have very many dueling feats so its kind of up in the air who'd win between them

Luke takes Sidious but if Plagueis gets Durron or Tenebrous takes him I think the Sith can win.

Kalen Sykes
Kyp was able to defeat Yuuzhan Vong Slayers.

Q99
Originally posted by carthage
Not seeing Kyp take Tenebrous personally mainly due to the speed gap, but then again both don't have very many dueling feats so its kind of up in the air who'd win between them

Luke takes Sidious but if Plagueis gets Durron or Tenebrous takes him I think the Sith can win.

One of Kyp's most noted areas in the force is precog, he should be able to defend against Tenebrous's speed. Plus his TK is very strong, so he likely has the edge in force.

And he doesn't even have to win. Just hold him off for awhile.

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by Q99
One of Kyp's most noted areas in the force is precog, he should be able to defend against Tenebrous's speed. Plus his TK is very strong, so he likely has the edge in force.

And he doesn't even have to win. Just hold him off for awhile.

This, too. NJO was Kyp's best series, imo. It's a shame he was pretty much forgotten, after that. I think the final realization that they had moved away from him was when Kyp implied Jacen was more powerful than he was. I don't have the exact quote with me, but it was in LOTF. The Masters were discussing Jacen and the idea of him being promoted to Jedi Master came up. Kyp said "Why not? He's already more powerful than most of the Masters," and the implication was he was including himself.

Q99
Hm, that doesn't sound like he's including himself, since 'most' doesn't mean 'all' and he certainly rates himself at one of the top.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.