Darth Venamis vs. Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Battle takes place on Mustafar

Nalaniel
Venamis. I don't think Katarn could hold his own against Plagueis.

Q99
Originally posted by Nalaniel
Venamis. I don't think Katarn could hold his own against Plagueis.

Keep in mind that was not-yet-peak Plagueis. And he put up a fairly good fight against Caedus, who'd I say is Plagueis's tier.

DarthAnt66
He only lasted 15 seconds iirc. erm

Nephthys
Longer than Kenobi against Dooku.

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys

good point

TheDarthBoy
I might want to give this to Kyle hes pretty versatile in his attacks.
Also depends on where this will take place and if kyle is fully equipped.

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
He only lasted 15 seconds iirc. erm

Katarn wasn't outdueled by Caedus. In fact, he was holding his own while simultaneously protecting the weaker fighters, as well (Than Mithric and Valin Horn were also dueling Caedus). It wasn't until Caedus resorted to the Force that he won. Caedus grabbed a GAG speeder and crashed it into the ground, behind Katarn. The force of the shock wave sent Katarn forward, and into Caedus' lightsaber. That being said, I see this fight going either way.

carthage
I really am not sure who takes this. Venamis in his duel with Plagueis matched his speed, and also constantly switched between form so their skill should be equal. Likewise, Katarn was able to keep up with Caedus so Venamis speed advantage is marginal.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage
I really am not sure who takes this. Venamis in his duel with Plagueis matched his speed,

and also constantly switched between form so their skill should be equal.
How is switching between forms impressive?

Likewise, Katarn was able to keep up with Caedus so Venamis speed advantage is marginal.
Kept up for like 15 seconds you mean.

NewGuy01
Venamis during his duel with Plagueis contorted his body to unreal proportions, successively switched his blade arm several times, and mixed multiple lightsaber styles on the fly, all in the space of a duel that was well under a minute. I find that rather impressive myself.

Nephthys
Maybe he's just a show off.

Hero of Python
Originally posted by Nephthys

Based on the editing in AotC, it looked like Kenobi lasted at least a minute or two vs. Dooku. He was clearly using soresu (albeit a less-mastered version), and Dooku wasn't trying to TK him, so it makes sense that Kenobi would at least last beyond a couple seconds.

Nephthys
In RotS the total time Obi-Wan is dueling Dooku instead of talking or moving to engage him, is about 10 seconds.

Arhael
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
Katarn wasn't outdueled by Caedus. In fact, he was holding his own while simultaneously protecting the weaker fighters, as well (Than Mithric and Valin Horn were also dueling Caedus). It wasn't until Caedus resorted to the Force that he won. Caedus grabbed a GAG speeder and crashed it into the ground, behind Katarn. The force of the shock wave sent Katarn forward, and into Caedus' lightsaber. That being said, I see this fight going either way.

Agree. Although I don't agree about the part that Kenobi protected others. He did not, there is not a single moment, where he tried to protect anyone on the team.

Anyway, I give this one to Kyle mostly to superior Force mastery.

carthage
Venamis tools him

Sinious
Siding Venamis here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.