Link vs. Fairy Tail

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sacred 117
Scenario 1: OoT Link vs. Fairy Tail Guild

Scenario 2: Omni-Link (sans completed Triforce) vs. Fairy Tail-verse

They fight in character, and the fight can take place wherever. (Like, seriously, ANYWHERE.)

How do these play out?

BloodRain
Tanks, speedsters and unhitable characters do well lasting in verse matches. Link only has the latter of that temporarily.

On that one on one, close combat is difficult against an army when not the former two. And arrows won't help too much.

That's my way of shaking my head at the second scenario.

Not sure on the recent calcs for FT. Speed I know there's a mid level being supersonic. In physical strength I'd give it to Link, but then comes both the power backing the guild and the various abilities, like Ice Make.

KingD19
And Crash Magic.

Q99
Spirit King is *extremely* powerful, he sliced apart a floating island easily. And if need be, Lucy can summon him.

ScreamPaste
I know literally nothing about Fairy Tail.

That said, feats? biscuits

KingD19
A lot. Get on that. Bigger feats are towards this part. -gestures to like, all of it-

ScreamPaste
Ah, now that I've been educated it seems clear to me that TP Link soloes. biscuits

No but I have time issues, and as a rule am not much of an animu fan, it took me forever to watch Cowboy Bebop. Though, to it's credit, I did really like CB.

Sacred 117
There are more than I can name right now. I think I could vaguely cover speed, though.

Gajeel was capable of intercepting lightning while starting behind its point of origin. Laxus can mimick the properties of lightning in his movement. Natsu and Gajeel (among others) have kept up with Laxus. Characters in league with Natsu (Gray, Erza, etc.) Have kept up with or even outdone Natsu. Racer outmoved all of them. Mira out moved Racer. So on, so forth.

Like I said, this is just speed coverage. Other factors would take more time and thought at the moment.

ScreamPaste
Those names, except Natsu, don't mean a great deal to me, but h'okay. Let's start with Scenario one, the guild, less to learn for me, lol.

Are those people in the guild?

KingD19
Everyone except Racer.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Those names, except Natsu, don't mean a great deal to me, but h'okay. Let's start with Scenario one, the guild, less to learn for me, lol.

Are those people in the guild?

My bad. I'm just trying to provide you with reference points.

Sans Racer, all mentioned are (currently) guild members.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sacred 117
My bad. I'm just trying to provide you with reference points.

Sans Racer, all mentioned are (currently) guild members. No, you did good, I'm just requesting we discuss the 'smaller' engagement first. Partially because OmniLink is an ungodly cluster**** of feats too, and frankly this thread could get ridiculous with that v.s. an anime verse. RIDICULOUS. Quickly.

Speed wise they seem to be in a good place for this to be a match, OoT Link famously (bring it) played tennis with lightning, as much hate as that gets on this forum.

How is the guild in terms of destructive power?

Sacred 117
No, you did good, I'm just requesting we discuss the 'smaller' engagement first. Partially because OmniLink is an ungodly cluster**** of feats too, and frankly this thread could get ridiculous with that v.s. an anime verse. RIDICULOUS. Quickly.

Speed wise they seem to be in a good place for this to be a match, OoT Link famously (bring it) played tennis with lightning, as much hate as that gets on this forum.

How is the guild in terms of destructive power?

Agreed, but that's kinda the point. I hoped we could all have fun with this. wink

NemeBro provided a link (no pun intended) to a supposedly superior feat that could scale for the entire series, if you wanted to look into that.

It's kinda hard for me to determine this at its height, at the moment. What comes to mind immediately is two Erzas destroying a floating island as collateral damage from their fight. Besides that, I would have to look back at it, but I'm fairly certain there's plenty of better shit I'm overlooking. mmm

One might be able to speculate city-busting, but it would require someone with a better memory than mine to confirm that. haermm

Zack Fair
Gildarts stops Link.

If he can't then Makarov stomps him. Literally.

Laxus and Makarov have access to a one shot kill spell that can and will work.

Link is not winning. He will be owning a few of them though.

KingD19
Gildarts "Crash Magic" is so powerful that an entire city is rearranged on his return, indicating a single clear path to the Fairy Tail Guild so he doesn't bust the city up on his way there.

And yeah, Fairy Law is definitely a game ender.

Zack Fair
What about when he shook the entire tenrou island simply by powering up? OmicJMd4cTo

Skip to 7:50

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Zack Fair

Given the ToC, I wouldn't wholeheartedly (if at all) count on this.

ScreamPaste
Agreed, but that's kinda the point. I hoped we could all have fun with this. wink

NemeBro provided a link (no pun intended) to a supposedly superior feat that could scale for the entire series, if you wanted to look into that.

It's kinda hard for me to determine this at its height, at the moment. What comes to mind immediately is two Erzas destroying a floating island as collateral damage from their fight. Besides that, I would have to look back at it, but I'm fairly certain there's plenty of better shit I'm overlooking. mmm

One might be able to speculate city-busting, but it would require someone with a better memory than mine to confirm that. haermm That feat's old hat, I've known about it forever, it's not nearly as good as deflecting lightning at a distance of 4-5 meters. Originally posted by Zack Fair
Gildarts stops Link.

If he can't then Makarov stomps him. Literally.

Link is not winning. He will be owning a few of them though. Instant kill spell? Explain. That's the kind of thing Fi usually gives the boot to.
Given the ToC, I wouldn't wholeheartedly (if at all) count on this. Link should also have the Master Sword here. Does he not?

KingD19
Oh, and I forgot about Mavis and the 4th Wizard Saint. Both were founding members of the guild.

Oh, and as a note to the power display of Gildarts. Up to this point in the series, Natsu has never shown true fear like this against any other opponent. Including Acnologia, the King of Dragons, or Zeref the most powerful Mage in existence.

Sacred 117
To clarify, yes, Link has MS. (I mean, c'mon. Why the f**k wouldn't he?! haermm)

Zack Fair
Fairy Law is one of the 3 big spells of the Fairy Tail guild. Its basically an all encompassing omni-directional spell that kills/defeats everything the caster perceives as an enemy.

Here Makarov ends the fight with a Wizard Saint in one shot. Fairy Law goes on to annihilate every thing that was attacking the members of the guild. Mp8EIkjUO38 Ignore the thumbnail <_<

The 2nd Master of Fairy Tail describes Fairy Law as a deterrent magic meant to discourage action against the guild. This becomes true when both Makarov and the 2nd master threaten each other to end their war with both of them using the spell.

ScreamPaste
Fairy Law is one of the 3 big spells of the Fairy Tail guild. Its basically an all encompassing omni-directional spell that kills/defeats everything the caster perceives as an enemy.

Here Makarov ends the fight with a Wizard Saint in one shot. Fairy Law goes on to annihilate every thing that was attacking the members of the guild. Mp8EIkjUO38 Ignore the thumbnail <_<

The 2nd Master of Fairy Tail describes Fairy Law as a deterrent magic meant to discourage action against the guild. This becomes true when both Makarov and the 2nd master threaten each other to end their war with both of them using the spell.
That won't work on Link. It's explicitly magical, and it's light to slay darkness. It's basically a less powerful but omnidirectional light arrow, it seems. It does have the benefit of the caster deciding who their enemies are, but well.

Here's the problem, Link carries Fi on his person, the Master Sword, she's got magic dispelling capabilities on at least a planetary scale, as she's matched the triforce before.

That attack in particular is not going to work. Do they have powerful non-magical attacks? Magic is going to be getting absorbed, deflected back at them, or dispelled.

Zack Fair
So you're saying no magic is going to work on link? You realize the entire Fairy Tail verse is based on magic? If this no limits Link is anywhere near what you claim then he solos the universe with laughable ease. lol

ScreamPaste
So you're saying no magic is going to work on link? You realize the entire Fairy Tail verse is based on magic? If this no limits Link is anywhere near what you claim then he solos the universe with laughable ease. lol
I'm not trying to use no-limits, sorry if it comes off that way, it's just that Fi has extremely powerful anti-magical properties.

This could just be a case of Rock > Scissors.

Zack Fair
Gildarts has magic that basically destroys anything.

It overpowered a black hole.

No wonder Gildarts is always written out of the main arcs lol >>

Sacred 117
They're a wizard's guild. Magic is what they do. That said, they can manifest it in more physically constituted form. Dragon Slayers, Molders, Requipers, etc.

^My two cents (for now).

NemeBro
Link can be hurt by a ****ing Wizzrobe.

He isn't immune to direct damage magic. The only question is whether or not his durability can protect him.

KingD19
They've got some pretty hard hitters. Even without magic. Like Erza and all those nasty swords of hers.

ScreamPaste
Gildarts has magic that basically destroys anything.

It overpowered a black hole.

I dunno, man. She's kind of a badass, and odds are she's 'bigger'. What happens when two anti magic spells meet? Nothing, I guess? mmm

And while Nemebro's post is stupid and wrong, part of it is right, a direct hit to him with a physically damaging magical attack can hurt him. The trouble is getting it past Fi and his indestructible shield. Originally posted by Sacred 117
They're a wizard's guild. Magic is what they do. That said, they can manifest it in more physically constituted form. Dragon Slayers, Molders, Requipers, etc.

^My two cents (for now).

So this is useful.

Sacred 117

It does make sense. Barring Acnologia, Gildarts rather soundly kicks the shit out of everything he fights.

Zack Fair
Well those were my 2 cents on the matter. Fairy Tail is a big universe and thinking about everything will give me a headache. So peace ****ers.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by NemeBro
Link can be hurt by a ****ing Wizzrobe.

He isn't immune to direct damage magic. The only question is whether or not his durability can protect him.

Twinrova and others came to mind sooner.

Still, the point is more or less the same. The means by which they apply their magic is nothing if not direct.

Q99
Lots of them, largely physical attacks enhanced by magic. Erza quite often works by just putting all of her magic into physical stats.

Also, she has an anti-magic ability of her own, an armor/weapon that lets her cut through magic easily.

Werewolf582
Fairy Tail wins

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Werewolf582
Fairy Tail wins Why do they win? Originally posted by Q99
Lots of them, largely physical attacks enhanced by magic. Erza quite often works by just putting all of her magic into physical stats.

Also, she has an anti-magic ability of her own, an armor/weapon that lets her cut through magic easily. Putting her magic into physical stats is probably the best application of magic available given Link's ridiculous defenses against magic at large. How powerful does she become?

Q99
Putting her magic into physical stats is probably the best application of magic available given Link's ridiculous defenses against magic at large. How powerful does she become?

That's how she defeated some of her most powerful foes, like Ikaruga (who was able to cut through pretty much everything including a magic pocket dimension), and the S-class giant monster in Pandemonium.

Oh, and recently she charged all the way through a giant cube-shaped floating island...

Erza performs better with raw stats than with her blasty armor that she blew up a small-sized floating island with.

KingD19
Her Nakagami armor cuts through space itself, and anything occupying that space as well.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Q99
That's how she defeated some of her most powerful foes, like Ikaruga (who was able to cut through pretty much everything including a magic pocket dimension), and the S-class giant monster in Pandemonium.

Oh, and recently she charged all the way through a giant cube-shaped floating island...

Erza performs better with raw stats than with her blasty armor that she blew up a small-sized floating island with. This sounds intriguing, and she may be the guild's best bet if she can amp herself enough to compete physically. Can I see some videos of her? How does she fight? Does she have a weapon? She'd need to be able to deal with Link's sword and projectiles.

Q99
This sounds intriguing, and she may be the guild's best bet if she can amp herself enough to compete physically. Can I see some videos of her? How does she fight? Does she have a weapon? She'd need to be able to deal with Link's sword and projectiles.

Yes, Erza normally uses swords, though has been known to pull the odd spear. Normally when in such a mode she fights highly offensively, and is an incredibly skilled swordmaster.

As for projectiles- one time an enemy fired hundreds of explosive homing needles at her, so she took a sword in each hand, and one in each foot, and deflected them all. Erza did this with none of her stat-boosting armor and not in 'all magic into stats' mode either, just completely normal Erza.

This is normal-strength Erza, non-boosted:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111230044858/fairytail/images/f/f3/Erza%27s_enhanced_strength.gif

Also on completely physical- Natsu has been shot in the mouth with a gun and been fine, and uses fire jets to amp his physical blows. Gildartz has used his crash magic similar. Makarov turns into a flat-out giant who can resist magic cannons and crushes giant airships. Gajeel, well, his magic is turning iron and making blades and such out of his body.

While most of the guild doesn't have a way to put their stats *entirely* into physical, they are all superhuman.

KingD19
There's also the Raijin Tribe. Evergreen's stone stare, Freed's runes and Bickslow's Figure Eyes which allow him to possess people.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Q99
Yes, Erza normally uses swords, though has been known to pull the odd spear. Normally when in such a mode she fights highly offensively, and is an incredibly skilled swordmaster.

As for projectiles- one time an enemy fired hundreds of explosive homing needles at her, so she took a sword in each hand, and one in each foot, and deflected them all. Erza did this with none of her stat-boosting armor and not in 'all magic into stats' mode either, just completely normal Erza.

This is normal-strength Erza, non-boosted:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111230044858/fairytail/images/f/f3/Erza%27s_enhanced_strength.gif

Also on completely physical- Natsu has been shot in the mouth with a gun and been fine, and uses fire jets to amp his physical blows. Gildartz has used his crash magic similar. Makarov turns into a flat-out giant who can resist magic cannons and crushes giant airships. Gajeel, well, his magic is turning iron and making blades and such out of his body.

While most of the guild doesn't have a way to put their stats *entirely* into physical, they are all superhuman. Good, she's armed, then, and won't be getting easily spaced.

Not a bad feat, can I see it?

All right, are there videos of her boosted on youtube I can find?

Tanking a bullet is expected, I expect all of them to be baseline superhuman to be in this thread, heh. I'd be very worried about their chances if a bullet could hurt them. stick out tongue
Originally posted by KingD19
There's also the Raijin Tribe. Evergreen's stone stare, Freed's runes and Bickslow's Figure Eyes which allow him to possess people.
Are they in the guild also? I really don't know much about this show.

KingD19
Yeah. Fairy Tail is compartmentalized into teams people who usually work together. The Raijinshuu are Laxus(Guildmasters grandson) personal bodyguards and cheerleaders.

They're a team like Natsu, Lucy, Erza, and Gray usually are.(Team Natsu)

Or Levy, Jet, and Droy.(Team Shadow Gear)

ScreamPaste
The guild is bigger than I initially thought, then. That could be problematic on the level of pure numbers, depending how many can reasonably survive in melee range for a length of time this could turn into a zerg rush. haermm

BloodRain
S+:
Makarov -Titan, allows him to buff any part of his body or his whole body to large building/low skyscraper heights with sizable stats. Light magic, offensive and defensive. Possesses Fairy Law, one of the strongest attacks coming from this side.

Gildartz - Crash, ability to destroy everything. Objects, magic (like fire) and even turn people into many minis if he chooses. Not many many attack properties have been shown, but it's noted to be one of the strongest magics. Also strong enough to take on the next level of wizards without even using magic.

Lucy- Can summon A ranks with possible S class water manip. Only on this level when summoning the Spirit King, who might be the strongest character here.

Imo the gap between S+ and S is low stomp level..

S:
Ezra- Near instantly summoning different armpits and weapons. Master of combat, the best in pure combat just under Gildartz.

Mirajane- Transform self into a demonic form with likely higher stats than Ezra. Can use Dark magic.

Lexus- Lighting manip and absorption, can merge into physical attacks for amps. Possesses Fairy Law.

S-:
Natsu- Fire manip and absorption, can use a melee amp. Limited lightning use only as an amp to his flames. Can enter a power Dragon Force mode when consuming a powerful concentration of magic.

Gajeel- Metal manip and absorption (can even consume strong anti-magic metal), can use as a melee amp. Limited shadow usage only as an amp to his metal.

Gray- Ice manip and absorption, can use to amp melee. His suicidal Iced make could work here.

A+:
Cana- Card magic produces varies spells, only real note is the temp bestowed Fairy Glitter, and attack that rivals Law.

Freed- Close, long range or AoE bodily had. Magic attacks and physical amps to lose but still fight with Mirajane.

Juvia- Water summon/control, logia levels.

Wendy- Air manip and absorption, can mage buff stats. Only on this level when consuming a powerful concentration of magic, her Dragon Force form.

These are the heavy hitters. After this the mages aren't worth mentioning besides select powers. A lesser version of Mirajane's, petrifaction eyes and sand and more fire manip.

There are 13 mages to worry about, with about 20 lesser mages. So 30/40 mages total. Q99 can probably pinpoint more specifically and vids about them.

(Yes the ranks are explanation specific and estimated, in case and Q specific people were wondering.)

BloodRain
This is where being an agile, more speed oriented character would aid Link greatly.

KingD19
I think Laxus would be closer to S+ especially after his fight with Jura, who is ranked #5 among the 10 Wizard Saints. Just under the four members who are so strong, Obaba-sama doesn't consider them human.

On that note, one of those 4 is one of the founding members of Fairy Tail. Does he count as part of the guild? Or even Mavis since she came back and is helping run the guild.

Sacred 117
Current guild (subject to updates as the series progresses).

BloodRain
Given what we've seen Makarov do, and hype from Gildarts, I would place Luxus far closer to Ezra than them.

Hm, good point. Though I don't belive he's an active member now? Mavis I honestly can't remember how she's still around.. used to think it was just her spirit

KingD19
I don't know how she's still around either, but she is, and she's damn powerful. Plus she's got like the best tactical mind ever, which would come in big help.

And are you saying you think Laxus is more powerful or less powerful than Erza? During his fight with Jura, he surprised Makarov with how strong he was.

BloodRain
True but there's not much call for tactics when it's 40 vs 1. Then again major majiks, likeprotecting from the Dragons Roar.

More powerful, but if the two fought he would be exhausted afterwards.

KingD19
The combinations they could use and attack patterns she could devise would definitely keep Him off balance.

The Scenario
Originally posted by BloodRain
True but there's not much call for tactics when it's 40 vs 1. Then again major majiks, likeprotecting from the Dragons Roar.

More powerful, but if the two fought he would be exhausted afterwards.

So you're saying it's 40:1?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by The Scenario
So you're saying it's 40:1?
Welp, now there's epic music playing and Link can't lose. Those are the laws of fiction. Not my fault.

pym-ftw
How can Link deal with Freed?

ScreamPaste
I don't actually know who/what Freed is, but if you tell me a bit about him I'll give you my thoughts on it.

Sacred 117
Fried is a Rune Mage. It's more practical before combat than during given they're often used as traps or nullifying agents.

That said, my guess is that Lens of Truth/ToC/MS probably bypasses these effects, and even if I gave them prep time, Fried's not Link's biggest problem.

ScreamPaste
That doesn't sound especially threatening since the guild doesn't have prep. shrug

AuraAngel
Couldn't Gajeel just eat the Master Sword?

Sacred 117
Something tells me he couldn't. I recall him not eating Lily's sword, and the Master Sword is by no means of conventional make. IIRC, it's not forged of earthly elements.

Q99
I don't actually know who/what Freed is, but if you tell me a bit about him I'll give you my thoughts on it.

Freed can set up rune fields with restrictions like 'no magic can be used within,' or 'no one with an age above X can pass'.

Or he can use them on himself, one of them gives him a demon form that allows him to even go Hand to Hand with Mirajane, their fists clashes caused massive destructive shockwaves.

To go on the lesser mages a little,

There's two gun wielders, Bisca and Alzack. Bisca summons a variety of magic guns (including a bazooka, duel-tommy guns, a sniper rifle...), while Alzack uses just two guns with a variety of magic ammo.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120219021202/fairytail/images/3/3f/Spark_Shot.gif

Alzack using rapid-fire electric stun bullets.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120219021150/fairytail/images/b/bc/Target_Lock_On%2C_Homing_Shot.gif

Bisca using a homing, explosive shot.

Then there's Max and his sand magic, including sand barriers and a variety of sand attacks. He's a bit like a much lower powered version of Gaara from Naruto... but still enough to give base-form Natsu some fight.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121013094937/fairytail/images/d/dc/Sand_Rebellion.gif

Probably those three are the strongest of the everyone-else, but there's a lot of mid-level mages.

For high level ones, let's just show some Mirajane:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120415032108/fairytail/images/e/e7/Soul_Extinction.gif

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111128190248/fairytail/images/b/b6/Evil_Explosion_%28Water_Magic%29.gif

(She took *all* the water of that stretch of river to use as an attack)

ScreamPaste

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.