Star Forge Malak vs Lord Scourge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
Takes place where Malak and Revan fought, except that Scourge doesn't recieve any benefeits from the Star Forge's dark side alignment.

Nephthys
Scourge.

NewGuy01
I agree.

How good of a fight do you think it would be?

Nephthys
Fairly good. Malak did give Revan a good fight, even if he was defeated a ton of times in a row.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Fairly good. Malak did give Revan a good fight, even if he was defeated a ton of times in a row.
Is it really canonical that he just fought Malak a bunch of times instead of just freeing the Jedi?

DarthAnt66
Hold on, I have a quote for this.

DarthAnt66
"The Sith Lord had grotesquely adapted the Rakatan device to draw energy directly from chained Jedi captives. He replenished his life force from the captives by draining theirs. Malak was nearly unstoppable..."
―Star Wars Databanks

Realistically, he could have beat Malak anywhere from 3-9 times (the fact it is plural means Malak at least replenished himself twice), it's unconfirmed though. I seen some who like to stick with 3, while others tend to drag all the way to 9. I personally just stick in the middle around 6, which is still ridiculously insane for Revan, since Malak is among the most powerful Sith in the mythos.

NewGuy01
I still insinuate that draining one of the captive Jedi shouldn't completely replenish the reserves of a powerful Sith Lord, and also that Malak draining these Jedi to sustain himself doesn't necessarily mean he was on the precipice of defeat multiple times.

FreshestSlice
I think that it's not how it's showed in game, and that he really just drained from all the Jedi at once during the entire duel. It takes a next level of stupid to just watch while Malak runs around and heals himself.

NewGuy01
Exactly, that's somewhat how I see it as well. He fed on thier life Forces to sustain himself as he battled it out with Revan, until they were destroyed.

DarthAnt66
The cutscenes disagree.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The cutscenes disagree.
Most of his running around happens in gameplay, only the draining happens in cutscene.

DarthAnt66
And you just stated he drained them all at the same time.

NewGuy01
Ergo, "somewhat".

FreshestSlice
The cutscenes don't really disagree with anything, because Malak is always connected to the Star Forge while on it. I always saw him "casting Drain Lightning" as more of a gameplay thing at worst, and going for a little more healing at best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.