Meetra Surik (Revan) vs Jango Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
Takes place on Kamino, pretty simple.

Fated Xtasy
Meetra being a frontline jedi general as well as a practiced swordsmen of the Soresu form as well as her knowledge of powerful abilities like Force Whirlwind and Force enlightenment as well as being adept at fighting gunsmen and swords men make this quite easy for her to deal with imo

DarthAnt66
Woah, Sasukedc... How the mighty have fallen

Nephthys
Surik, probably.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Woah, Sasukedc... How the mighty have fallen

Nah, think Jango has lately been rather overlooked. He was likely the greatest Mandalorian of his day.

If you want to bring up how he got little more than a stalemate against AotC Kenobi, well, I'd reference that Kenobi fared better against Dooku than Meetra did Nyriss. stick out tongue

Anyway, I'll probably side with Meetra as well. I'd say it could most likely go either way.

Nephthys
Hmmm.....

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Surik, probably.

Dude...do you seriously think Jango is that far below the Champion?

Nephthys
Not that far below.

Lord Stark
Not that far below.

Jango is superior.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Jango is superior.

How do you figure?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by NewGuy01
How do you figure?

Pwning 5 Jedi barehanded is an incredible feat for a force sensitive, let alone a non-force sensitive with no weapons.

EDIT: Sorry 6 Jedi

Nephthys
Jango is superior.

Nah. The Hunter takes out tons of powerful Jedi and Sith in close quarters and huge darkside abominations. Newguy said that Jango is perhaps the greatest Mandalorian of his day. Well the BH is more deadly than the next 3 best Bounty Hunters put together.

Lord Stark
Nah. The Hunter takes out tons of powerful Jedi and Sith in close quarters and huge darkside abominations. Newguy said that Jango is perhaps the greatest Mandalorian of his day. Well the BH is more deadly than the next 3 best Bounty Hunters put together.

Fully armed. Barehandedly downing 6 Jedi is ridiculously impressive. For crying out loud we thought it was impressive when Grievous defeated 5 exhausted Jedi.

Nephthys
4 of whom were Jedi Council members. The Jedi Jango took out were likely the fodderest of fodder.

NewGuy01
*two* of whom, you mean.

Nephthys
Is Aayla Secura not on the Council?

Regardless they were all Jedi Masters.

Lord Stark
4 of whom were Jedi Council members. The Jedi Jango took out were likely the fodderest of fodder.

Huh? Only Shaak Ti and Ki-Adi were Council members.

Also its highly unlikely the Jedi Council would send mooks to deal with Mandalorians. Also Myles killer force jumped and decapitated him making the jetpack a non-factor. Considering the struggles Jedi have with Mandalorians typically due to jetpacks, yeah that's no fodder.

Nephthys
You mean like how it's unlikely they'd send mooks against Geonosis? The majority of the PT era were poorly trained mooks unaccustomed with actual battles.

Lord Stark
Is Aayla Secura not on the Council?

Regardless they were all Jedi Masters.

Aayla Secura may have been a master but Tarr Seirr was not. And do you think they sent only Padawans to deal with Mandalorians?

Nephthys
Who ****ing cares. It was still 4 Jedi masters, 2 of whom were on the Council.

Sure. The PT era Jedi actually are that stupid and arrogant.

Lord Stark
You mean like how it's unlikely they'd send mooks against Geonosis? The majority of the PT era were poorly trained mooks unaccustomed with actual battles.

Lol Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Sora Bulq, Luminara Unduli, Eeth Koth, Shaak Ti, Agen Kolar, Aayla Secura, Adi Gallia, Saesee Tiin and Kit Fisto are mooks? Excuse me while I laugh in a corner. Also they just took the people who were stationed in the Temple, literally assembled in like 5 minutes to rescue Obi-Wan.

Nephthys
Evidently you don't know the meaning of "majority." Most of the PT era Jedi were relatively poorly trained fighters only trained in Niman or Soresu (neither of which are traditionally that strong in close combat). The PT era does have a very high number of exceptional duelists at the top of the Order though.

Lord Stark
Evidently you don't know the meaning of "majority." Most of the PT era Jedi were relatively poorly trained fighters only trained in Niman or Soresu (neither of which are traditionally that strong in close combat). The PT era does have a very high number of exceptional duelists at the top of the Order though.

Oh really? So I guess Kenobi and Exar Kun are poorly trained fighters because they specialize in Soresu and Niman. The guys at the temple are weak because guess what they're dudes stationed on Coruscant. You don't station your best on Coruscant during peace times.

Nephthys
Hence why I said 'traditionally.' Do you not know the meaning of that either? My point was that neither Soresu or Niman are built to do well against, say, someone attacking them in hand to hand. Soresu is focused on blaster deflection and Niman is a relaxed form built for diplomats and force attacks. Kenobi and Kun are exceptions.

My point still stands that most of the PT order weren't great fighters.

Lord Stark
Hence why I said 'traditionally.' Do you not know the meaning of that either? My point was that neither Soresu or Niman are built to do well against, say, someone attacking them in hand to hand. Soresu is focused on blaster deflection and Niman is a relaxed form built for diplomats and force attacks. Kenobi and Kun are exceptions.

Not really true at all. There's no form designed towards fighting an unarmed combatant at all. Just because they aren't the most martial doesn't change the fact that they are superhuman force sensitives with augmented reflexes. Also there is no real evidence that other eras were masters at Makashi or Ataru, for all you know they used Niman and Soresu as well.

Which is utterly unsubstantiated.

Nephthys
Not really true at all. There's no form designed towards fighting an unarmed combatant at all. Just because they aren't the most martial doesn't change the fact that they are superhuman force sensitives with augmented reflexes. Also there is no real evidence that other eras were masters at Makashi or Ataru, for all you know they used Niman and Soresu as well.

Which is utterly unsubstantiated.

Irrelevant, the point is that neither is built for seriously fighting a melee opponent. The fact that they mainly trained to fight blasters or in the undemanding diplomats form is suggestive of their combat ability. It's only natural that the talentless feebs of the era wouldn't do well against Jango getting up in their shit.

Actually in the Jedi Path it says that Makashi was popular during Banes time, for obvious reasons.

I've substantiated it in the past many times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.