Who could take Batman's place?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
If Batman never regained his mobility after getting his back broken, which one of these characters could take over, and do just as good of a job in Gotham, or perhaps even better?

Black Panther
Deadpool
Captain America
The Punisher
Daredevil
Elektra
Wolverine
Nick Fury
Black Widow
Silver Sable

celestialdemon
Out of this group, I'd probably go with Silver Sable.

zopzop
The person would have to :
a) Have a high IQ (Batman is basically an ace detective and genius)
b) Be an expert in the martial arts
c) Have a vast fortune to rely upon to build his gadgets/machines/HQ

Only person on that list that ticks off all those stips is Black Panther.

cdtm
Dr. Who.

Off the list.... Deadpool, probably.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by zopzop

d) Know how the criminal element thinks, especially the crazy ones.

Deadpool.

carver9
Black Panther is the only person on that list that have the versatility both mind and body to take Batman place. The rest would fail.

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
Black Panther is the only person on that list that have the versatility both mind and body to take Batman place. The rest would fail. So Cap and DD would fail?! ahuh

StiltmanFTW
Nobody can replace the Batman.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by zopzop

The only problem with Black Panther is he should have way too much on his plate running his country.

MF DELPH
He could always just deploy his elite guard to kill Batman's rogues and institute martial law in Gotham on his behalf. Batman has Robin & Co. T'challa has his sister, the Dora Milaje, and a hi-tech military. Plus he always finds time for Avenger's business and the Illuminati.

yaadaveyaa
with the punisher's training id take him (does he have to keep up with batmans standards no guns and no killing thing?) and cap could easily succeed here he has a ton of tactical knowledge as well as better combat skills then bats, maybe not enough of an iq but he could mesh well

MF DELPH
Not sure about that. Part of Batman's work involves his investigative and scientific know how. Frank and Steve are lacking in that department. They're not going to be able to formulate cures for Joker Toxins within an hour.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
So Cap and DD would fail?! ahuh

Yep. They would fail, hard.

Decimus
Probably T'Challa but he Joker would reject him and Bruce would have to come back

Khazra Reborn
Punisher would just kill everyone inside of a week. Obviously, Batman's code would be absolutely laughable to him.

MF DELPH
T'challa would likely kill Joker. Some of Batman's villains are just petty thieves and thugs plotting for money and power so not killing them is somewhat reasonable (Two Face or Penguin, for example). Joker's just an insane homicidal anarchist. He'd get beheaded.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

carver9
In some minutes Batman created a poison that was strong enough to knock Konvikt flat on his face, the same Konvikt that took on and defeated (70%) the JLA and one shot koed Superman (along with taken on both Superman and Diana at the same time). If you are taking Batman place, fighting skills isn't the only thing that is needed for his role. The ONLY person on that list that can replicate the ft that I just brought up (this doesn't include his other JLA fts as well that pushed the team through) is Panther, the rest isn't even debatable. Thread.

golem370
Deathstroke

carver9
Originally posted by golem370
Deathstroke

Won't even come close.

golem370
He is smart a goodfighter good preper and harder to put down with his healing

carver9
He is smart a goodfighter good preper and harder to put down with his healing

So he can replicate Batman intellect fts? I would LOVE to see scans of this.

DarkSaint85
If only there was some kind of respect thread....

golem370
I didn't say he was as smart I said he is smart.

SamZED
In some minutes Batman created a poison that was strong enough to knock Konvikt flat on his face, the same Konvikt that took on and defeated (70%) the JLA and one shot koed Superman (along with taken on both Superman and Diana at the same time). If you are taking Batman place, fighting skills isn't the only thing that is needed for his role. The ONLY person on that list that can replicate the ft that I just brought up (this doesn't include his other JLA fts as well that pushed the team through) is Panther, the rest isn't even debatable. Thread. I don't see Frank replicating that feat you've mentioned.

carver9
I didn't say he was as smart I said he is smart.

So he can't take Batman's place?

carver9
Originally posted by SamZED
I don't see Frank replicating that feat you've mentioned.

Nu uh...the only person on that list that can probably do it is Panther.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
If only there was some kind of respect thread....

BATMAN doesn't have a respect thread?

golem370
He could imo where he lack some stuff he would't let people keep killing innocent people

celeyhyga17
Black Panther

/thread

Khazra Reborn
Frank is the mother phucking Punisher, he can kill whatever he wants.

SamZED
Nu uh...the only person on that list that can probably do it is Panther. Oh lol no idea why but I've read your post and saw "Punisher" instead of "Panther" that's why I was surprised. My bad, buddy.

carver9
He could imo where he lack some stuff he would't let people keep killing innocent people

But he would be responsible for the destruction of Earth. Remember, Batman was one of the main reasons (minus Superman of course) the shadow moon didn't collide with Earth. So not only would Gotham have been destroyed during this, the planet would have died as well. I'm trying to figure out why you are clinging to Deathstroke when Batman has aided in saving the entire planet with his mind alone, along with saving the JLA.

carver9
Oh lol no idea why but I've read your post and saw "Punisher" instead of "Panther" that's why I was surprised. My bad, buddy.

Lol...no prob. I was trying to figure out why you responded to that post but I just went with the flow. Didn't want to call you out.

celeyhyga17
So Cap and DD would fail?! ahuh
They won't do as good a job as Black Panther

Genius - check
Resources - check
Fighting Skill - check
Physical Attributes - check + (should be faster/stronger)
Good Leader - check + (lead his own country)

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
They won't do as good a job as Black Panther

Genius - check
Resources - check
Fighting Skill - check
Physical Attributes - check + (should be faster/stronger)
Good Leader - check + (lead his own country)

thumb up

He IS Batman.

deathslash
Panther is the only correct answer. If you were to choose people that weren't on the list, alot more names come to mind.

SamZED
It would be fun to see Spider-man in Gotham. But he lacks detective skills. And a few billion dollars...

carver9
It would be fun to see Spider-man in Gotham. But he lacks detective skills. And a few billion dollars...

I can see Spiderman filling those shoes though. He have everything Batman have (besides the money) along with a physical advantage.

golem370
Deathstroke abilites read as enchanced intellect and master tactican and strategist so add those abilites to Batman's writing he would do great.

maxivitopowe
anyone could do it

carver9
Deathstroke abilites read as enchanced intellect and master tactican and strategist so add those abilites to Batman's writing he would do great.

Sigh, SMH. Lol...it doesn't work like that. That's like saying "Deathstroke mind has been enhance. With that said, he can perform all the fts Reed Richards has done". Provide some scans backing your case Golem. Dang.

maxivitopowe
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=591398

golem370
Writers determine what level they want to portraying their characters so they could portray Deathstroke as smart as Batman. If you put them tale together In a comparison in all categories they would be very close.

carver9
Writers determine what level they want to portraying their characters so they could portray Deathstroke as smart as Batman. If you put them tale together In a comparison in all categories they would be very close.

Prove it.

golem370
Superman going from Jumping and being able to fly. Thing starting off at 5 tons and now being in the 85-100 ton range. Juggernaut classic version to being less powerful now. Odin having trouble dropping Thanos to being able to fight Galactus level beings. Venom being originally only being 700lbs stronger then Spider-Man to being able to stand against Juggernaut Ghost Rider and others. Beyonder being the maybe the most powerful being in marvel to losing to Kubik.

carver9
Superman going from Jumping and being able to fly. Thing starting off at 5 tons and now being in the 85-100 ton range. Juggernaut classic version to being less powerful now. Odin having trouble dropping Thanos to being able to fight Galactus level beings. Venom being originally only being 700lbs stronger then Spider-Man to being able to stand against Juggernaut Ghost Rider and others. Beyonder being the maybe the most powerful being in marvel to losing to Kubik.

Lol...WTF. So you are saying that I can make an argument with someone like Gwen Stacey being able to replicate Batman fts. Do you think Deathstroke is as smart as Reed Richards? Can you also explain your answer.

golem370
I don't think Batman is as smart as Reed Richards and I think writers could make DS just as smart as Batman. I think Deathstroke based on what I have read on here is like the Evil version of Batman but with better physical attributes.

Mindset
BP is the obvious choice.

golem370
As far as Good Guys Mindset I think as Bad guys go DS, Green Goblin and a couple others would do good as well.

Mindset
As far as Good Guys Mindset I think as Bad guys go DS, Green Goblin and a couple others would do good as well. Yea, I would make a good Batman. thumb up

carver9
I don't think Batman is as smart as Reed Richards and I think writers could make DS just as smart as Batman. I think Deathstroke based on what I have read on here is like the Evil version of Batman but with better physical attributes.

The question in this thread isn't "who the writer could make as smart as Batman" because the obvious answer would be "anyone". You are clearly admitting Deathstroke isn't a good choice for this thread so let's move on.

carver9
As far as Good Guys Mindset I think as Bad guys go DS, Green Goblin and a couple others would do good as well.

Lol...Green Goblin. Lol.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Stoic
If Batman never regained his mobility after getting his back broken, which one of these characters could take over, and do just as good of a job in Gotham, or perhaps even better?

Black Panther
Deadpool
Captain America
The Punisher
Daredevil
Elektra
Wolverine
Nick Fury
Black Widow
Silver Sable

Flash

Reflassshh
Batman 1 million.

Stoic
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
with the punisher's training id take him (does he have to keep up with batmans standards no guns and no killing thing?) and cap could easily succeed here he has a ton of tactical knowledge as well as better combat skills then bats, maybe not enough of an iq but he could mesh well

Sorry was away all day. To answer this question, none of them change their tactics, they operate in character.

golem370
Daredevil has the scared villlain shtick better the others. Moon knight?

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Any of them would be able to take his place. Not replace him. Batman and Gotham are almost one character.

Based
All of them if you give them Batman writers.

Badabing
thumb up

He IS Batman. Carver, if you speak such blasphemy again, I'll be on my way to Georgia.

The Bada went down to Geogia, he was looking for a Carver to kill.
He was outta his mind 'cos he was way behind his murders for a thrill.

When he came across this young man besmirching the Batgod.
The Bada jumped in Carver's face and said dude, I am LiZod!

I guess you didn't know this but I'm a Batman fan too.
And if you'd dare besmirch Batman I'll make a bet with you.
Now you debate the Hulk good but give the Raptor his due.
I'll bet I can rip your soul out your mouth and stomp your face with my shoe.

The dude said "My name's Carver and I just can't win. I decline your bet, I won't forget you're the best Raptor that's ever been.

Fire on the mountain, run Carver, run.
The Raptor's in the house of the risin' sun.

the Darkone
Black Panther
Captain America
Deathstroke

these guys will just heck even better IMHO

carver9
Carver, if you speak such blasphemy again, I'll be on my way to Georgia.

The dude said "My name's Carver and I just can't win. I decline your bet, I won't forget you're the best Raptor that's ever been.

laughing Happy Dance

This was amazing. I'm saving this.

pym-ftw
DC's best bet would be Dick but they are very different at their core

Lex could make a cool Batman for an event.

Marvel's best bet is probably Bucky or Moon Knight though a Ghost Rider written down to that level wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.

Golgo13
Paladin.

maxivitopowe
Carver, if you speak such blasphemy again, I'll be on my way to Georgia.

Sick rhymes

And Spidey would be the best bet

Agent Venom as well

rotiart
At first I was thinking black panther... But the answer for me is daredevil.

When I compare black panther against daredevil
Fighting skills? Training? Both are high level fighters... But daredevil has shown himself to be a master ninja which is more what batman is.
Secret identities: everyone knows the king of wakanda is the black panther... Dude can't hold a secret... Matt walks the day as a lawyer and night as a vigilante... Edge daredevil.
Fear factor: the people of Hell's Kitchen have legitimate fear of daredevil.
Arch nemesis? Black panther deals with nations and geopolitical stuff more akin to what namor deals with... Daredevils kingpin to the joker... Crazy homicidal foes like Typhoid Mary vs the joker... The hand vs ras al ghul and his people... Seems a lot more similar villains...
Intelligence... Well the edge likely goes to black panther because of his gadgets and things he's done... But daredevil is similar to Spider-Man in untapped potential... He is a successful lawyer defending even super heroes like the fantastic four during the day while fighting crime at night. He has little resources but is able to perform his own detective work with what little he has... With a billion dollars backing him he could be better but the edge currently has to go to the king...

The most important factor... Both batman and daredevil has a very similar ability... The ability to bed gorgeous women and the ability to hook up with the villains that also want to kill you. For the cat women of batman daredevil has Electra and so forth...

Pimp daddy daredevil wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.