Bio-Immortality can be achieved naturally

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Epicurus
Or so a biology professor from the University of California claims:

http://www.kurzweilai.net/how-to-achieve-biological-immortality-naturally

What does the KMC hive mind think?

Stealth Moose
http://i.imgur.com/P8SC6xs.jpg

Can I get some cliff notes?

Epicurus
^Live like a caveman if you're 40+.

Chances are, you'll end up like the caveman from this movie.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Epicurus

Shit, now I want to see that movie.

Epicurus
Good movie, that one is.

dadudemon
Or so a biology professor from the University of California claims:

http://www.kurzweilai.net/how-to-achieve-biological-immortality-naturally

What does the KMC hive mind think?

AMAZING find! Excellent read. I'm jealous he's your professor.

Also, I find one problem with his ideas: telomeres. If we can overcome the telomere issue, yes, we could be very close to solving the biological immortality question.

That is something I greatly look forward to: biological immortality. Some futurists say it will happen around 2025 (Kurzweil) and others say around 2050.

Mindship
Good movie, that one is. A movie mostly of dialogue. Haven't seen a good one of those since My Dinner With Andre.

Originally posted by dadudemon
That is something I greatly look forward to: biological immortality. Some futurists say it will happen around 2025 (Kurzweil) and others say around 2050. I can't wait to see what sorta stuff will be coming out of left field in pursuit of this objective.

Shabazz916
can't be achieved... your body will fail, this isn't comic books

Lord Lucien

Chances are, you'll end up like the caveman from this movie. Know what I'm downloading next.

Time Immemorial
I got exited at first, then as I began to read, I realized it just gets into the known things about current knowledge of life extension. Better medicine, better diet, raw foods paleo and such. It was a good read, but nothing ground breaking imo.

We are born in a toxic and polluted world, Nothing can change the outcome of this say cloning and consciousness transference into that clone.

Shabazz916
The body is fragile.

Epicurus
Originally posted by dadudemon
AMAZING find! Excellent read. I'm jealous he's your professor.
Your jealousy is misplaced then. I am not a UCI alumnus.

jinXed by JaNx
I stopped paying attention once I read that it was a California professor.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
http://i.imgur.com/P8SC6xs.jpg

Can I get some cliff notes?

common sense covered up with a bunch of rhetoric. Essentially...,you are what you eat.

SamZED
Who would want to live forever? So many d1ckheads on this planet, now imagine they're immortal and constantly breeding new d1ckheads.

jinXed by JaNx
Well, that's one way of looking at things. There's also some pretty righteous people around as well as some cool things to do and see. Beautiful weather is always beautiful weather ;-)

Rage.Of.Olympus

I have to thank you for bringing up this movie.

Just watched it and I really liked it.

Any more recommendations that you have would be appreciated.

NemeBro
Good movie, that one is. thumb up thumb up thumb up

I didn't even read the OP, I just came in to hype The Man from Earth. Sure it's mostly dialogue, but it provided a fresh, interesting perspective on what it would mean to be "immortal" with a small but emotionally complex cast of characters.

Edit: The ending was a bit shit though, fair warning.

Robtard
Is a good movie, DDM recommended it to me a few years back.

Megatom
Originally posted by Shabazz916
can't be achieved... your body will fail, this isn't comic books It would seem like it's only in comic books if I told you 200 years ago that it is possible to fly around the world and talk to people in other countries. A lot of stuff is possible; keep an open mind.

Megatom
Hang on, so obviously this is a long article and I'm not a very patient person, so tell me if I got this right or wrong, but does this only work if you're 40 or older? So I can't stay in my 20s forever with this? Also why no mention of the immortal jellyfish? Instead of slowing/stopping aging, it can actually reverse it aging process, so if you could give that to humans, you could actually experience being an adolescent again.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Megatom
Hang on, so obviously this is a long article and I'm not a very patient person, so tell me if I got this right or wrong, but does this only work if you're 40 or older? So I can't stay in my 20s forever with this? Also why no mention of the immortal jellyfish? Instead of slowing/stopping aging, it can actually reverse it aging process, so if you could give that to humans, you could actually experience being an adolescent again.

Study was from a California Professor wink

Squirtle

jinXed by JaNx

Megatom
Mmm hmm. Didn't mention the immortal jellyfish either. Well at least that means someone else has a chance of figuring it out. You would really be A hero to humanity if you did. It isn't that easy though. At least he's trying.

jinXed by JaNx
Wat, trying o figure out he secret to immortality? HE's deserves a cookie for that? That's something they've been trying to figure out for thousands of years. I'm trying too...,where's my cookies, damnit?

I can tell you how to eat healty and take care yourself too

Shabazz916
being immortal leaders to world power leading to world destruction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.