Darth Thanaton vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
who wins who dies?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'll roll with Thanaton, actually.

Nephthys
I may be inclined to go with Thanaton, yeah.

PTforthewin
I don't know

WildBantha88
Thanaton is an *******, he wins but that doesn't change that fact that he is a prick

carthage
Maul

Q99
If it's at range, Thanaton blasts him, if it's at melee and Maul can keep it there, Maul wins.

Thanaton wins more than not.

NewGuy01
I'd probably place my money on Maul.

Nephthys
Maul doesn't really have a defense against Thanaton's ritual attack imo. And even past that his lightning is significant. Plus I doubt Maul would be able to win purely by virtue of his lighsaber skills, seeing as Thanaton's apprentice was one of the top duelists in the Empire and he never even attempted to take on Thanaton.

NewGuy01
TPM Maul isn't an incompetent with the Force either, though. Even by that point he was rather powerful, despite his strong preference for martial arts. You are correct to believe this is very much a Guardian vs Sorcerer match.

I assume that you do indeed believe that someone like say, Mace Windu could overcome Thanaton, correct? So tell me, what does he have in this situation that would allow him to overcome Thanaton, that Maul does not?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Maul doesn't really have a defense against Thanaton's ritual attack imo. And even past that his lightning is significant. Plus I doubt Maul would be able to win purely by virtue of his lighsaber skills, seeing as Thanaton's apprentice was one of the top duelists in the Empire and he never even attempted to take on Thanaton.

I think that was more the dude wasn't interested in powerplays.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
TPM Maul isn't an incompetent with the Force either, though. Even by that point he was rather powerful, despite his strong preference for martial arts. You are correct to believe this is very much a Guardian vs Sorcerer match.

I assume that you do indeed believe that someone like say, Mace Windu could overcome Thanaton, correct? So tell me, what does he have in this situation that would allow him to overcome Thanaton, that Maul does not?

He's not incompetent, but nor would be be capable of dropping Nox like Thanaton did. And as I said, I doubt Maul can do well against the same technique.

Better Force defenses.

Mace could compete with a sorceress like Talzin, who is likely even deadlier than Thanaton.

S_W_LeGenD
Thanaton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.