Your opinion on Vitiate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
The thing that ruined Star Wars

Sinious
You ruined Star Wars

King Joker
nOTHING RUINED sTAR wARS!

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Sinious
You ruined Star Wars Ok vitiate fanboy

SIDIOUS 66
Emo Sidious.

The Merchant
He's basically what Sidious would have been like if Dark Empire was written post-ROTS. I could totally see say Lucas look at all the EU before making the series and pretty much topping everything in the EU that's a force character. That's what Bioware did to Vitiate, although I honestly see Lucas doing a much better job since Bioware kind of failed.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by King Joker
nOTHING RUINED sTAR wARS!

"cough" sequel trilogy "cough."

"cough" prequelisation "cough."

But anyway:

My opinion on Vitiate? An awesome villain. He's powerful, utterly without mercy or compassion, seeks nothing less than the destruction of all life in the entire galaxy. Truly the perfect villain to be the TOR era's "Big Bad."

I just wish they'd kept his name as Tenebrae though. Nothing wrong with Vitiate, I just think Tenebrae is better.

carthage
Vitiate is diet Sidious without the great writing behind his character.

The Merchant
Tenebrae is too close to Tenebrous, maybe that's why they changed it?

Sinious
Originally posted by The Merchant

Could be yeah

chilled monkey

That's a very good point.

Emperordmb
Wasn't Darth Plagueis released after Revan?

PTforthewin
there is no recent Star Wars books

red8
After all this debate, I have concluded that Vitiate is above Ventress.

Based
I don't know about you guys but PTforthewin is ****ing hilarious.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

PTforthewin
Thanks

NTJack0
Originally posted by Based
I don't know about you guys but PTforthewin is ****ing hilarious. Hilariously awful, maybe.

Darth Abonis
Vitiate is alright. They should have released a novel about him; flesh him out more as a character and give him more depth. Yet its a moot point to me now, as he's non-canon.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Vitiate is alright. They should have released a novel about him; flesh him out more as a character and give him more depth. Yet its a moot point to me now, as he's non-canon.
He was never part of "Muh Vision" to begin with. Nothing is really any more or less canon then it was before. Legends has always been Legends. The EU was always separate, and something being canon doesn't make me care about it anymore. In fact, things being less canon someone make me feel better about my own choices in such matters.

Darth _Sadow1
Vitiate was interesting until I learned his motivation...Perform a ritual and consume all life in the galaxy so he can have 'silence'? Seriously? That's like a Marvel Comics villain. That, and he's basically what Sidious and Nihilus put together would be like: Terrifying, but not that interesting. And no, my opinion has nothing to do with the Revan novel. The combination of Sidious and Nihilus SHOULD be able to beat Revan, so it did not surprise me, but it was still funny that Karpyshin did that to his own character.

NewGuy01

IIRC Tenebrous's name was based on Tenebrae, so I doubt it's that.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
IIRC Tenebrous's name was based on Tenebrae, so I doubt it's that.
Not to mention Darth Plagueis was released after Revan.

The_Tempest
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119363/3772998-2521060549-13969.gif

More or less, Viti represents arguably the biggest missed opportunity in the non-film franchise. The Big Bad of an expansive and heretofore untouched storyline, he ends up being a shameless, one-dimensional knockoff of the mythology's foremost villain.

All Viti does is tacitly remind audiences that Palpatine is the pinnacle of Star Wars villainy and most of the writers aren't up to the task of creating something relatively new and original.

NewGuy01
To be fair, what do you think would have been better? How many character types really fit the SW Emperor role?

FreshestSlice
"I want to eat everyone, because I want to do it again."

The_Tempest
Originally posted by NewGuy01
To be fair, what do you think would have been better? How many character types really fit the SW Emperor role?

I think it would have been best for the Sith Emperor to basically be an Orwellian Big Brother figure perpetuated by the Dark Council. We already have a Sith Emperor archetype in Palpatine, no reason to ape him.

Nephthys
But then I couldn't saberfight him at the end.

The_Tempest
You could saberfight whoever's the biggest badass on the Dark Council.

Nephthys
laem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.