DC equivlent of Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DOLX3
Who would stack up as a DC counterpart of Magneto?

MF DELPH
I want to say Triumph, but he's more Sentry than Magneto (but had Magneto's powers).

Clear analogue is Dr. Polaris though, power wise.

Personality wise, not sure.

Golgo13
Yeah Dr Polaris or Coldcast.

riv6672
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I want to say Triumph, but he's more Sentry than Magneto (but had Magneto's powers).

Clear analogue is Dr. Polaris though, power wise.

Personality wise, not sure.
This. Prrsonality is the hard part to pin down...

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by DOLX3
Who would stack up as a DC counterpart of Magneto?

There can be only one Magneto in both universes is the answer you are looking for.😊

beatboks
Magenta ( Wally West's old girlfriend- Francis Cane) is the closest match in power.

Golgo13
Originally posted by beatboks
Magenta ( Wally West's old girlfriend- Francis Cane) is the closest match in power.

How is she more powerful than dr polaris or coldcast?

riv6672
She's not from what i remember and what i just looked up.
I'd actually forgotten about this character.

Flyattractor
Technically it woud be that Maggy is a clone of Dr.P cause Polaris was created first so....

shadowknight
Dr Polaris is closest in power, I can't think of anyone who comes close to him personality wise

Magog
Dr. Polaris and Dr. Diehard are the DC counterparts....neither are as 'powerful' as Erik though. Perhaps combined they would give him a good fight.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Golgo13

beatboks
When Polaris was trapped in an alternate dimension he could only escape by using his power to influence hers, which he stated was much greater than his but she lacked the control. It was in a Spotlight on Teen Titans as I recall.

Golgo13

Glorificus
How close to Magneto is Cosmic Boy in terms of power? Relative to Dr. Polaris etc.?

Golgo13
When Polaris was trapped in an alternate dimension he could only escape by using his power to influence hers, which he stated was much greater than his but she lacked the control. It was in a Spotlight on Teen Titans as I recall.

Ok, gotcha.

riv6672
Huh. A lot of potential, no practical application.

Sounds like when Emma Frost used Iceman's body and did things he COULD do, but never HAD.
Wally's lucky she never applied herself...

beatboks
Originally posted by riv6672
Huh. A lot of potential, no practical application.

Sounds like when Emma Frost used Iceman's body and did things he COULD do, but never HAD.
Wally's lucky she never applied herself...

yeah in the issue in question Polaris reached out to her with his magnetic power and somehow destabilized her mind. She transformed into a huge (larger than most sky scrappers) entity of pure magnetic force that engulfed all NY city. She then easily opened the portals between realms. The Titans only won through plot. Oh it was also the New Teen Titans #17 not spotlight (issues 16 & 17 in which she was programmed to hunt down Thunder and Lightning)

riv6672
Thanks for the breakdown!
I know i've read those issues, i just dont recall them.

carver9
Dr. Polaris isn't as powerful as Magneto though. They have the same powers but Magneto powers is on another level imo.

TheHulk
Originally posted by carver9
Dr. Polaris isn't as powerful as Magneto though. They have the same powers but Magneto powers is on another level imo.

yeah in the issue in question Polaris reached out to her with his magnetic power and somehow destabilized her mind. She transformed into a huge (larger than most sky scrappers) entity of pure magnetic force that engulfed all NY city. She then easily opened the portals between realms. The Titans only won through plot. Oh it was also the New Teen Titans #17 not spotlight (issues 16 & 17 in which she was programmed to hunt down Thunder and Lightning)

But in truth i don't think it is impressive as powering a celestial body or frying every electronic on earth. But hey, you never know.

riv6672
I think maybe once Magneto took off, DC decided not to compete with that particular power set. At least not with a villain.

JayDaDon
Sinestro actually reminds me a lot of Magneto in principle

riv6672
Possibly.
I'm pretty sure the back back and forth would be outstanding in a fight...

TheHulk
Possibly.
I'm pretty sure the back back and forth would be outstanding in a fight... .....that sig..

riv6672
Originally posted by TheHulk
.....that sig..
You like? Dont like?

TheHulk
You like? Dont like? I'm just afraid that it will spear me wink

Golgo13

What about Lodestone? Do you think she was more powerful?

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/LS_zps11b97ee9.jpg

riv6672
Her powers were low level before her transformation; they've really never been defined afterwards, that i'm aware of.

Originally posted by TheHulk
I'm just afraid that it will spear me wink

LOL!

beatboks
What about Lodestone? Do you think she was more powerful?

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/LS_zps11b97ee9.jpg
Not familiar with the character sorry, not clue one.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Personality wise, not sure. There are none

LeonBuco666
Magneto has no equals. He wins or he loses.

riv6672
Originally posted by psycho gundam
There are none
Not really, no.
DCs mutants arent persecuted the way Marvel's are. No one's ever needed to do what Magneto has.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.