Is there a Top Tier female super villain?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
And does top tier for the females mean the same thing?
I'm talking someone in the same league as Doom, Luthor, Thanos, Darkseid...
Someone with that kind of shock and awe factor in universe when they show up or for the readers when they're shown to be plotting something.

DarkSaint85
Morgan le Fay is the closest I can think of.

Otherwise, you're looking at female versions. So female Loki et al.

riv6672
So basically no, then. sad

Like you said, female versions. Add to that street levelers or team members...

DarkSaint85
Heroes, I guess WW would be the top of the chain.

Mayyyybe Cassandra Nova?

But street tiers etc?

Talia al Ghul (so..a female Ra's)
Sin (a female Red Skull)

riv6672
Not asking for those, just saying the most famous or popular females are usually in those categories. Not Doom/Luthor types.
Sorry wasnt clear. Sleepy!

Insane Titan
Hela?

Stoic
Marvel tends to kill all of the best prospects which in my opinion is really bone headed. The two females of note that I think would have been incredible menaces are, Asteroth, and the female version of Thanos named Terraxia. I'm going to go out on a limb a say that Angela will likely become the new heroic top tier.

riv6672
Spawn Angela?
Forgot she'd wound up in the MU.

Right now i'd consider Invisible Woman the top female character, at least in universe. First Lady of Marvel's first family. Well known, respected. Marvel's Wonder Woman, really.

StiltmanFTW
Superia needs to be mentioned - out of New Dark Avengers, she was basically the only one not jobbing.

MF DELPH
Surprised no one mentioned Dark Phoenix. There's also Circe. Hela was mentioned above. Not sure if Moonstone or Nebula count. Also Mistress Death, but she's not really a villain (or a she).

-K-M-
You mean in power or popularity?

Harbinger
Wouldn't Cheetah count here, given some of her showings?

MF DELPH
Originally posted by -K-M-
You mean in power or popularity?

I think he means power. Popularity is fairly easy (Catwoman).

-K-M-
Dreamqueen then...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/DreamQueen.jpg

Stoic
Alkema is certainly a good top tier female-ish villain. Now if only they would use her more often. The Female Ultron should also not be given up on. The problem with many of these top tier villains is that they often appear too powerful, and are sealed off, killed, or banished.

Sin I AM
No there is not

Sixth_Winged
Erishkigal
Morgan le fay
Circe
Selene
Silver Banshee

Without going into heroines turned villainess of course

Sin I AM
Marvel nor DC knows how to properly market female heroes or villians

-K-M-
There's a lot of great female characters, just not many uber powerful top tier super villains.

Eclipso was for a period of time.

Mindship
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101224221931/marvel-microheroes/images/6/63/Aegis.gif

-K-M-
Oh if were including cosmic, there are a few abstracts: Nemesis, Mistress Love, Infinity, etc.

Most cosmic entities are not always evil, they don't believe in good or evil.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -K-M-
There's a lot of great female characters, just not many uber powerful top tier super villains.

Eclipso was for a period of time.

No

Magog
Are you guys all on crack??

Obviously, it's Squirrel Girl

-K-M-
Not a villian

DarkSaint85
Scarlet Witch.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Dc females sell just fine. Look at current Harley Quinn sales.

TheLordofMurder
Circe is as good as it gets at current...

She's gettng some good run on DC Universe lately (I know its not exactly a comic, but its close enough) and her storylines are pretty good...

I like her, but she's still not what I'd call top tier...

sad

maxivitopowe
Is Harley meta?

-K-M-
Yes

Q99
Circe comes to mind. Fight a high-tier hero *and* with a bit of prep she's a team fighter, having dished things out to the JLA or even the Gods on occasion.

Genocide. Though just from one storyline, she's obviously extremely powerful.

Devastation, the other evil-female-WW-counterpart, this time made by the Titans.

Gamemnae from JLA: Obsidian Age.

Cassandra Nova at Marvel.

Arguably Stardust, though that's more ambiguously-gendered.

Oh! Emerald Empress, from Legion of Superheroes.

Branlor Swift
Proxima Midnight was a thing for a couple months

-K-M-
Queen of Fables

Q99
Astrild Storm-Daughter, one of Starro the Conqueror's top people, was very powerful.

MF DELPH
How about The Goddess ('evil' female Adam Warlock)?

Golgo13
Zatanna is up there. Enchantress as well.

-K-M-
That's a good one, forgot about her

pym-ftw
QoF is probably what the OP was looking for.

"Id"
Top Tier? As in high Herald?
Modeus in Bette Noir body.

She commanded massive levels of gravity and dark matter capable of snuffing out an entire star in moments or potentially use her power to create a black hole.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Blame the people who buy the comic books not the Companies itself.

Q99
Marvel's getting better with the female heroes bit- just look at Carol Danvers.

Female villains could still use some work.

Originally posted by Kazenji

If they don't make it, we can't buy it, and if they do a bad job of making it and/or making it known that it's out there to get, we can't do their job for them.

Mindset
Thanos.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Q99

If they don't make it, we can't buy it, and if they do a bad job of making it and/or making it known that it's out there to get, we can't do their job for them.

Except that there have been times where they have done their job.

riv6672
Lots of posts, thank you.

I think my question's been answered, but what i meant by top tier wss, i guess, status. To use my earlier example, a female that elucits the same oh damn reaction in both characters and rwsders as when you say:
"Luthor/Doom is behind this."
Or
"Thanos/Darkseid is coming."

BUSTER1
Karnilla the Asgardian Norn Queen.

Marvel's Hercules' evil stepmum, Hera

Epicurus
Lilith from Vertigo. Specifically as she was portrayed in Carey's Lucifer series.

basilisk

In general people aren't going to buy something they don't like just to boost the sales of female characters. There just isn't the interest out there.

But I can't think of many top tier female villains - and I mean by influence, longevity, or popularity, not power. Selene, Circe, and Morgana le Fay, & Poison Ivy fulfill some of that but not all. Catwoman is not really a top tier villain.

riv6672
Influence, longevity, popularity. Nicely put. You get where my inarticulate self was going with this.

Tornatic
Don't know about top tier but Enchantress is pretty tough

Glorificus
At Marvel - Enchantress, Selene had her own Necrosha arc a few years ago, Cassandra Nova might be making her return any day now...
Also there's Umar if you start getting into the cosmics.

Q99
Except that there have been times where they have done their job.

Sure, and that's why we have some really notable villainesses like Mystique and etc. etc.. But ultimately they have to be the one who makes a villainess before we can be fans of said villainess.

Mystique being a nice example of someone who's not high in power, but is behind *so much stuff*, and has a lot of influence / longevity / popularity.

Emma Frost too, but by this point she's been hero longer than villain.

Epicurus
Originally posted by riv6672
Lots of posts, thank you.

I think my question's been answered, but what i meant by top tier wss, i guess, status. To use my earlier example, a female that elucits the same oh damn reaction in both characters and rwsders as when you say:
"Luthor/Doom is behind this."
Or
"Thanos/Darkseid is coming."
Originally posted by Epicurus
Lilith from Vertigo. Specifically as she was portrayed in Carey's Lucifer series.

riv6672
I guess. Not saying no, but its a small thing in the long run.
Women are extremely under repped in comics as big time menaces.

Epicurus
I guess. Not saying no, but its a small thing in the long run.
She was one of the main co-conspirators which involved war between Heaven and Hell, and then got to be one of the 2 people who gets to decide the fate of the multiverse.

Being a major villain among Lucifer's enemies doesn't mean you are on Thanos/Darkseid's level of villainy. It means you're beyond it and then some.

riv6672
Uh huh.

Existere
Influence, longevity, popularity. Nicely put. You get where my inarticulate self was going with this. I think that these characters exist, but are limited to being the 'big bad' of particular circles:

Lady Shiva, among DC martial arts characters

Madame Hydra is often seen as this to SHIELD/Marvel spy stories

The X-Men Emma Frost (formerly), Cassandra Nova and Selene.

Probably the closest answer you can get to what you're looking for are the various Phoenix hosts - Dark Phoenix is enough to make the whole Marvel Earth and beyond (Shi'ar, etc) go 'oh, shit!'. See: Avengers vs. X-Men. Not really a true 'top tier female', but it is interesting that the Phoenix almost always has a female host.

SamZED
Dr. Doom in the upcoming FF movie apparently...

-Pr-
...What?

AsbestosFlaygon
Madelyne Pryor

SamZED
Originally posted by -Pr-
...What? You better off not knowing. Just.. don't use the internet for a few years...

EDIT: Actually never mind, just checked, IGN says the studio dropped the idea. Thank God...

riv6672
They dropped it?
Man i was going to ship Doom/Sue HARD. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.