Mystique's DNA Sentinels vs Gort

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theTANTALIZER
Gort (The Day the Earth Stood Still) 2008 version landed in the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" where earth is populated by the Mystique's DNA Sentinels. Could Gort take on the Sentinels without using it's nanobug tech.

Lestov16
GORT annihilates. The Sentinels won't be able to adapt to it, and even if they can, it will be too late.

Time Immemorial
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t596206.html

Didn't the sentinels adapt to mutant gene? How would they adapt to a Automaton with no biologics?

Epicurus
Sentinels win.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Lestov16
GORT annihilates. The Sentinels won't be able to adapt to it, and even if they can, it will be too late.
They adapt to develop a simple EMP. GORT goes down.

Lestov16
Epicurus, did you get into a car accident recently or something, because your quality of posts has taken a sharp nosedive. How the phuck are they going to adapt an EMP? From where? You do understand how and why Sentinels adapt right?

Epicurus
Epicurus, did you get into a car accident recently or something, because your quality of posts has taken a sharp nosedive. How the phuck are they going to adapt an EMP? From where? You do understand how and why Sentinels adapt right?
Because it's the weakness of the nanobots which make up GORT. They adapt in accordance to what best works against their opponent.

Watch the remake, instead of trying to be a smartass.

Lestov16
You fail post has left my jimmies unrustled

Originally posted by Epicurus
They adapt in accordance to what best works against their opponent.

Really now? You should watch DoFP, instead of trying to be a smartass

Epicurus
You fail post has left my jimmies unrustled

Really now? You should watch DoFP, instead of trying to be a smartass
Trying to copy dadudemon don't make you dadudemon.

I did. Every single instance the way they adapted was the way best suited to killing their opponent. Hence they adapt to develop an EMP to kill GORT.

Lestov16
Nah. DDM sees you as Quan-level. You're not that bad IMO.

So you did not comprehend the events occurring onscreen in DoFP then? Because that is NOT how their adaption works.

Epicurus
Nah. DDM sees you as Quan-level. You're not that bad IMO.

So you did not comprehend the events occurring onscreen in DoFP then? Because that is NOT how their adaption works.
Quite ironic, considering how intimate he is with quanchi.

Do tell how their adaption works then. I'd love to see your personal take on the characters' powersets, which goes completely against everything we see in the actual screenfeats.

Lestov16
Not really, spud. They use Mystique's shapeshifting to gain the same power as the mutant they are currently fighting. Example: When Collosus tussled with one, it adapted a metallic body like Collosus.

More importantly, note how I said "mutant". Sentinels adapt only to mutants. Even if you wanted to make an argument they can adapt to any biological lifeform, GORT sure as shit ain't biological.

At best a Sentinel could adapt a similar grey goo trait similar to GORT, but by then it'll be too late, because it takes Sentinels time to adapt.

Rewatch DoFP. Do it for the Dinklage.

KingD19
Actually, it was shown while Sentinels can adapt a similarity to their target to overcome them, they can also just as easily come up with a counteragent. Once counteracted Sunspot by turning into crystal or something. Another turned into fire to melt Iceman, etc...

But a direct power has to be used against them for them to begin the transformative process. And since Gort doesn't really work like that, even if they could adapt, they wouldn't be able to adapt to something specific as an EMP, because it needs to be a direct opposite of an opponent.

Lestov16
Originally posted by KingD19
Actually, it was shown while Sentinels can adapt a similarity to their target to overcome them, they can also just as easily come up with a counteragent. Once counteracted Sunspot by turning into crystal or something. Another turned into fire to melt Iceman, etc...

But a direct power has to be used against them for them to begin the transformative process. And since Gort doesn't really work like that, even if they could adapt, they wouldn't be able to adapt to something specific as an EMP, because it needs to be a direct opposite of an opponent.

I thought they were using Sunspot's powers to kill Iceman. I didn't think it was a separate adaptation.

Also i notice the OP said no swarm form. I still give it to GORT. He's WAYYYYYYYYYY larger than any of the Sentinels and the firebomb the US tried to kill him with is beyond any shown output of the Sentinels. If an exploding X-Jet can wipe out Sentinels, GORT definitely will.

KingD19
One did use Sunspot's fires to melt Iceman, but another turned into crystal to negate Sunspot's fire, which none of the mutants could do.

Time Immemorial
They never adapted to anything other then mutants, hence why they were created and upgraded with her gene.

They cannot adapt to robots, or develop EMP.

Didn't we do this here and Ep made the thread and said Gort won?

Lestov16
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
They never adapted to anything other then mutants, hence why they were created and upgraded with her gene.

WTF Epicurus?

Epicurus
Not really, spud. They use Mystique's shapeshifting to gain the same power as the mutant they are currently fighting. Example: When Collosus tussled with one, it adapted a metallic body like Collosus.

They adapted using fire to fight-off mutants with ice-based powers, and adapted to use ice against mutants with fire-based powers.

Against Colossus, they determined that duplicating his own ability to acquire the strength to tear him apart was the best suited way to deal with him, hence them becoming metallic.

So this goes to show, not only did you not watch the Reeves remake, you didn't watch DoFP either.

More importantly, note how I said "mutant". Sentinels adapt only to mutants.

You have proof that their adaption capability is only limited to mutants, or are you once again making shit up as you did in the Manhattan thread?
Even if you wanted to make an argument they can adapt to any biological lifeform, GORT sure as shit ain't biological.

GORT literally stands for genetically organized robotic Technology. Wat
At best a Sentinel could adapt a similar grey goo trait similar to GORT, but by then it'll be too late, because it takes Sentinels time to adapt.

Rewatch DoFP.
This sentence is irony personified.laughing out loud

Lestov16
They adapted using fire to fight-off mutants with ice-based powers, and adapted to use ice against mutants with fire-based powers.

Against Colossus, they determined that duplicating his own ability to acquire the strength to tear him apart was the best suited way to deal with him, hence them becoming metallic.

So this goes to show, not only did you not watch the Reeves remake, you didn't watch DoFP either.

You have proof that their adaption capability is only limited to mutants, or are you once again making shit up as you did in the Manhattan thread?

GORT literally stands for genetically organized robotic Technology. Wat

This sentence is irony personified.laughing out loud

So they used the powers of other mutants, not powers they adapted out of nowhere, to kill other mutants. You've effectively proven my point.

LOL. The burden of proof is on you to prove your ridiculous No-limits fallacy adaption claim.

Robotic Technology. Not Mutant Organism. Genetically organized could just mean it was built with the complexity of genomes. Not that it is biologically genetic. And they're obviously robots since an EMP took them out. You should re watch the new TDTESS as well as DOFP.

The bullshit no limits fallacy you're spouting is stupidity personified.

Time Immemorial
Scientist had no other explanation for it and they could not even study it cause the diamond drill bit broke on its skin.

So they came up with a stupid name that was only used once in the whole film.

Should have just called it the Destroyer.

Lestov16
the firebomb the US tried to kill him with is beyond any shown output of the Sentinels. If an exploding X-Jet can wipe out Sentinels, GORT definitely will.

Felt this had to be repeated

Epicurus
So they used the powers of other mutants, not powers they adapted out of nowhere, to kill other mutants. You've effectively proven my point.

LOL. The burden of proof is on you to prove your ridiculous No-limits fallacy adaption claim.

Robotic Technology. Not Mutant Organism. Genetically organized could just mean it was built with the complexity of genomes. Not that it is biologically genetic. And they're obviously robots since an EMP took them out. You should re watch the new TDTESS as well as DOFP.

The bullshit no limits fallacy you're spouting is stupidity personified.
How the heck did I prove your point? They adapted in accordance to what was best suited for taking down a particular adversary. Trying to misconstrue my post isn't gaining you any brownie points.

WTF are you ranting on about now? Their adaption abilities were both mentioned and shown onscreen.

Genetically organized.laughing out loud In fiction genetics are almost always biological in nature.

You're acting like you're on acid now. Calm down, get your head together, and then we'll continue this discussion in a more serious tone.

Opinions can change, mon ami. Mine certainly has after rewatching the Reeves remake.

Anyways, since this is a dupe thread; reported.

Epicurus
Felt this had to be repeated
It really doesn't. The 60s version of the X-Jet was far more advanced than anything the US military had in the 2008 remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Lestov16
How the heck did I prove your point? They adapted in accordance to what was best suited for taking down a particular adversary. Trying to misconstrue my post isn't gaining you any brownie points.

WTF are you ranting on about now? Their adaption abilities were both mentioned and shown onscreen.

Genetically organized.laughing out loud In fiction genetics are almost always biological in nature.

You're acting like you're on acid now. Calm down, get your head together, and then we'll continue this discussion in a more serious tone.

Opinions can change, mon ami. Mine certainly has after rewatching the Reeves remake.

Anyways, since this is a dupe thread; reported.

They adapted using MUTANT POWERS THEY COPIED. Not powers they pulled out of their ass. Rewatch the film.

They were designed to adapt to mutants and now you are saying they can adapt to extraterrestrial weaponry. Show me screenfeats or dialogue saying they can adapt to things other than mutants.

Genetically Organized Robotic Technology: robotic technology that is organized in the structure of a genome. Pretty simple to understand. WTF are you even arguing? It's clearly not a carbon based lifeform like Earth's life, so what exactly are you arguing that it is?

Sorry the remake sucked. As Plinkett said, kids are a kiss of death for a mature film. GORT wins handidly though.

Lestov16
It really doesn't. The 60s version of the X-Jet was far more advanced than anything the US military had in the 2008 remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Yeah no. The exploding Xjet was not more powerful than this:
CMDigLTefsk

Epicurus
They adapted using MUTANT POWERS THEY COPIED.
Based on Mystique's shapeshifting powers. Which last I checked weren't limited to duplicating mutants.
Not powers they pulled out of their ass.
It's a good thing then that mutant powers include the ability to produce EMPs.thumb up
Rewatch the film.
It is precisely because I rewatched both films that I am giving them the win against GORT now.
They were designed to adapt to mutants and now you are saying they can adapt to extraterrestrial weaponry.

It was never specified that their adaption capability was limited to mutants alone. You might as well argue that the regular, run of the mill Sentinel was designed to fight mutants, so it can only battle mutants in a forum fight. Doesn't work like that.

Especially when we take into account the fact that the source of their adaption ability(Mystique's cells), aren't limited to copying mutants alone.

Show me screenfeats or dialogue saying they can adapt to things other than mutants.
I'll indulge your negative-proof-fallacy the moment you go ahead and prove that their adaption ability is limited strictly to mutants.

Genetically Organized Robotic Technology: robotic technology that is organized in the structure of a genome.
That's a definition you pulled out of your ass. I can easily claim that it means robotic technology organized from previously existing genetic material and there isn't a goddamned thing you can do to disprove my claim.
Pretty simple to understand. WTF are you even arguing? It's clearly not a carbon based lifeform like Earth's life, so what exactly are you arguing that it is?
Considering that its nanobots were able to replicate by consuming pure carbon and carbon compounds, I'd say you definitely need to rewatch the film before spouting more nonsense in this thread.

Sorry the remake sucked. As Plinkett said, kids are a kiss of death for a mature film. GORT wins handidly though.
I don't care if it sucked. GORT has a shitty weakness which the Sentinels can easily exploit for a quick win in this thread. Sentinels win.
Yeah no. The exploding Xjet was not more powerful than this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMDigLTefsk
laughing out loud

Lestov16

It was never specified that their adaption capability was limited to mutants alone. You might as well argue that the regular, run of the mill Sentinel was designed to fight mutants, so it can only battle mutants in a forum fight. Doesn't work like that.

Especially when we take into account the fact that the source of their adaption ability(Mystique's cells), aren't limited to copying mutants alone.

I'll indulge your negative-proof-fallacy the moment you go ahead and prove that their adaption ability is limited strictly to mutants.

So that's one XL No Limits Fallacy with a side order of Burden of Proof Shifting.

K-Dog
I haven't see the new X-men movie yet, but it seems that Mystique changes appearance, not powers or what she is made of. So already there is a lot of nonsense going on with these sentinels. And even accepting that, I wouldn't go so far to think they could copy Gort.

Lestov16
After getting Mystique blood, they are able to copy mutant powers. It's just like the Kitty having mental time travel thing. You just have to go with it.

KingD19
It was directly stated that with Mystique's DNA, they could adapt to any mutant threat wasn't it? So...that's pretty much been proven. It only works on mutants, considering mutants and humans are the only thing that inhabit the world. And they wouldn't need to adapt to humans since their normal weapons work fine on them.

Also Magneto has never generated an EMP in the X-Men movies to my knowledge. He's strictly magnetism as in manipulating metal. He doesn't have any control over the EM spectrum like comic and cartoon Magneto. That's why he couldn't make forcefields or anything like that.

Epicurus
So that's one XL No Limits Fallacy with a side order of Burden of Proof Shifting.
Your ad hominem is duly noted and tossed in the trash where it belongs.
Originally posted by K-Dog
I haven't see the new X-men movie yet, but it seems that Mystique changes appearance, not powers or what she is made of. So already there is a lot of nonsense going on with these sentinels. And even accepting that, I wouldn't go so far to think they could copy Gort.
IIRC, when Wolverine stabbed her in the first film, she briefly shifted form to Storm, and almost caused a miniature storm, before reverting back to her natural state.

Anyways, when Beast analyzed her cells, he observed that they changed at a genetic level.
Also Magneto has never generated an EMP in the X-Men movies to my knowledge. He's strictly magnetism as in manipulating metal. He doesn't have any control over the EM spectrum like comic and cartoon Magneto. That's why he couldn't make forcefields or anything like that.
IIRC, it was implied in Last Stand that he could, based on how he was compared powerwise to Phoenix-Jean.

Lestov16
That's not ad hominem. That's exactly WTF you are doing in this thread. I know nothing about you besides that your an atheist. How the hell am I going to make an ad hominem attack?

KingD19
How was it implied?

Epicurus
That's not ad hominem. That's exactly WTF you are doing in this thread. I know nothing about you besides that your an atheist. How the hell am I going to make an ad hominem attack?
No, that is exactly what it is. Silly goose, you don't need to know any of my personal details in order to construct an ad hominem.

Anyways, almost every single point of yours, from the Sentinels non-existent mutants-only limitation to GORT being non-carbon based has been disproved via onscreen evidence. You're pretty much done at this point. No point in trying to play a last word game with me, because you can't win it.

Epicurus
How was it implied?
When a mutant claims that she detected an EMP, more powerful than anything she's detected before. More powerful than Magneto himself.

Implying that he could, at least in theory replicate a somewhat weaker version of her EMP.

Lestov16
the Sentinels non-existent mutants-only limitation has been disproved via onscreen evidence./B]

When?

quanchi112
Epidural has changed his stance. I said it the entire time, kiddo.

Epicurus
When?
What do you mean when? When did the movie say that their powers were only limited to mutants? If that's your question, my answer is; never.

Lestov16
Then that's a no limits fallacy and the burden of proof is on you to secure it. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I am not committing a negative proof fallacy. I am basing my decision that they were built for the sole purpose of adapting to and killing mutants. There would obviously be no reason for them to be designed to adapt to anything else. you committing a blatant no limits fallacy by stating they have power beyond that, and the burden of proof is on you to show it.

Come back with screenfeats proving they can adapt to things besides mutants, or don't come back at all, fool.

KingD19
When a mutant claims that she detected an EMP, more powerful than anything she's detected before. More powerful than Magneto himself.

Implying that he could, at least in theory replicate a somewhat weaker version of her EMP.

Are you talking about when Callisto who could sense mutants said she sensed someone more powerful than Magneto? She categorized them from one to five, Magneto was a four I think, Phoenix was a five, that's why they went to get her. I don't recall her saying anything about an EMP.

Epicurus
Then that's a no limits fallacy and the burden of proof is on you to secure it. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I am not committing a negative proof fallacy. I am basing my decision that they were built for the sole purpose of adapting to and killing mutants. There would obviously be no reason for them to be designed to adapt to anything else. you committing a blatant no limits fallacy by stating they have power beyond that, and the burden of proof is on you to show it.

Come back with screenfeats proving they can adapt to things besides mutants, or don't come back at all, fool.
You don't the meaning of a no-limits-fallacy then. Or how the burden to prove something works. Sorry, but spouting fancy debate-related terms you pick up from wikipedia or hear thrown around casually doesn't make you an actual debater.

You're basing your opinion on nothing then. The source of their power, Mystique's genes, wasn't limited to mutants. There is absolutely no precedent to think then that their abilities somehow magically developed said weakness.

Lol, mutants are the only threat which the X-verse humans face. Claiming that the Sentinels abilities are limited based on such a colossal lack of information to back up that stance is saying that nuclear weapons can only harm human beings, because they were designed to kill human beings. Stupid.

Heck, I'll reiterate another point I made; are ordinary, run of the mill Sentinels useless against non-mutants iyo?

Lol, every single goddamned screenfeat supports my point and discounts yours. From carbon-based GORTs to adapt-to-mutant-only Sentinels, you've either outright lied, misrepresented or just made shit up to suit your dumb argument.

Epicurus
Are you talking about when Callisto who could sense mutants said she sensed someone more powerful than Magneto? She categorized them from one to five, Magneto was a four I think, Phoenix was a five, that's why they went to get her. I don't recall her saying anything about an EMP.
Rewatch the scene. She clearly mentions the Phoenix via her detection of a mutant-caused electromagnetic pulse

KingD19
Direct quote from IMDB since finding that exact scene is hell.

Callisto: I just sensed a mutant, off the charts. Whoever it is, they're more powerful than even you are...

Magneto: Where is she?

And to point out, Callisto can't even sense EMP's. She can only sense mutants and their power levels/what their powers are.

That wasn't a direct quote, apparently somebody skimmed over the scene. I'm gonna post the actual scene though.

KingD19
EXnoUsJO5bU

Magneto meets Callisto and the Morlocks. She displays super speed and the ability to sense mutants, power levels(Class 1-5) and what it is specifically they can do. According to her, Magneto and Pyro are Class 4(they're the only ones above Class 3), and Magneto can "control metal", and all we've ever seen him do is control metal. You can speculate and allude all you want, but he's never displayed anything beyond that, so you can't claim he can EMP until you can prove it.

zbpm_FFg3wc

Here she tells him she sensed an electromagnetic force.(not an electromagnetic pulse, an electromagnetic force. There is a large difference. ) A Class 5 more powerful than anything she ever felt. More powerful than even Magneto. She was referring to his power level as a Class 4 because Jean was a Class 5, not that he could create EMP's. If he could create EMP's, why didn't he against the Sentinels?

Time Immemorial
What does something that happened in X-Men 3 have to do with this fight. Sentinels never created a EMP. Nor did Phoenix or Magneto or anyone else.

KingD19
What does something that happened in X-Men 3 have to do with this fight. Sentinels never created a EMP. Nor did Phoenix or Magneto or anyone else.

Epicurus claimed that because Callisto "implied" Magneto could generate an EMP(a claim that was wrong as I proved), that he could actually make one and the Sentinel's copied his powers(which they were never shown doing) and ergo, they could just spam EMP's to defeat GORT.

Time Immemorial
Epicurus claimed that because Callisto "implied" Magneto could generate an EMP(a claim that was wrong as I proved), that he could actually make one and the Sentinel's copied his powers(which they were never shown doing) and ergo, they could just spam EMP's to defeat GORT.

Lol, yea I know it never happened. I'm wondering why he even brought it up considering none of it actually happened and these fights are based off screen feats.

Time Immemorial
Anyways

GORT hacks the sentinels easier then Magento did. Turns them all against each other

He destroys them with his unibeam.

He ahhnialtes them with the nanites.

Sentinels have zero chance.

Alien Tech>Earth Tech

quanchi112
Lol, yea I know it never happened. I'm wondering why he even brought it up considering none of it actually happened and these fights are based off screen feats. Epidural lies all the time. He also claimed the matrix world wasn't a world but instead just cities. He's harmless and just makes things up.

Time Immemorial
Where was it stated a EMP could kill GORT in the first placelaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud

Stoic
GORT to me was like the Celestial of Marvel comics that is sent to destroy the Earth once it is judged. The OP has lessened GORT's capabilities here, so there isn't much to be said about it's effectiveness. However if we allowed GORT to go ape shit, the Sentinel's would be consumed as quickly as a truck would be.

Time Immemorial
Where do the OP lessen his capabilities?

KingD19
Gort's not allowed his nanomite cloud, where he just eats away at everything.

Lestov16
As stated before, even without the nanite cloud, GORT still has a massive size, durability, and (possibly) energy output advantage.

Time Immemorial
Gort's not allowed his nanomite cloud, where he just eats away at everything.

Ill adjust my ending statement

Anyways

GORT hacks the sentinels easier then Magento did. Turns them all against each other.

He destroys them with his unibeam.

Sentinels have zero chance.

Alien Tech>Earth Tech

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.