An interesting blog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dude111
http://web.archive.org/web/20120128184006/http://pauljessup.com/2008/10/17/i-dont-find-video-games-much-fun-anymore

Look at all the replies with people who feel the same way!!

GAMES MADE TODAY ARE COMPLETE TRASH COMPARED TO STUFF WE HAD IN THE 80s.. No doubt about that!

BloodRain
May read that later, but that's what happens with variety and expectations.

Like back in the day there was MJ, Elvis, Beatles, ACDC (no time order) back when there were a low dozen musicians and even less in the prime spotlight. Now we have more genres then the past had songs.

Past games are basic, little to no plot, poor graphics and controls, and lacking everything else we have now. Only difference is that that was all we had to keep replaying daily,new and simple enough to play with the well known difficulties at certain points that got us frustrated. Obviously had little games to go to after a ragequit, so we eventually came back to it with appreciation.

Make a modern A-lister game fully playable 30 years ago and it would be hailed as one of the greatest games made for decades after.

The Renegade
That was a terrible article. It was more like an extended FB post and, even at that, that's not what's fundamentally wrong with it.

Tzeentch
Haven't read it yet, but I'm inherently skeptical of any opinion with the assertion that "X was better in Y times than now".

Generally, it's the existential rantings of people who just fear getting old and out of touch with the times.

Utrigita
We immidiately get somewhat sentimental when dealing with the past, and alot of us remember only the good things. This guy seems to suffer from that as well. What he doesn't take very well into account is the massive shift that have happened. Back then we all played singleplayer, today the majority (or atleast that is my feeling) are playing multiplayer, we are also playing on a multitude of platforms, as opposed to the days PC reigned supreme. As such to draw the parallel past = Good is just wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.