The Predator (2018)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/24/shane-blacks-predator-reboot

Lestov16
So they're remaking my favorite movie of all time and putting the director of that shitty ass IM3 behind it? Phuck your unoriginality Hollywood!

BruceSkywalker
i like this news.. i don't have a problem with shane black.. this film should have some good violence

Lestov16
It's going to be hard to replicate/outdo the perfect script, machismo, and pacing of the original.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
It's going to be hard to replicate/outdo the perfect script, machismo, and pacing of the original. That is your opinion not everyone's.

laughing out loud

Impediment
I'm optimistic, especially if some material is drawn from the Dark Horse well.

-Pr-
Honestly, I REALLY don't see the point in this remake.

Predator is considered by many to be one of the best action movies ever made; why not just do something different this time? There's tons of lore to work with.

Lestov16
I guess I should have expected this after they remade Total Recall. I would like to see a remake of Commando though TBH.

quanchi112
I guess I should have expected this after they remade Total Recall. I would like to see a remake of Commando though TBH. Horrible idea.

Lestov16
That is your opinion, not everyone's.

Esau Cairn
I would like to see a remake of Commando though TBH.

IMO, Taken is the modern day Commando.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by -Pr-

Predator is considered by many to be one of the best action movies ever made; why not just do something different this time? There's tons of lore to work with. Agreed. I thought they were going in the right direction with Predators. If there is one movie that did not need a reboot it is this one. Seriously. But then again I guess everything is up for remakes after they remade Robocop(which I liked, but yeah)

Sigh. At least Robocop made sense from a "Dead franchise" standpoint. But this? Come on!

jinXed by JaNx

Predator is considered by many to be one of the best action movies ever made; why not just do something different this time? There's tons of lore to work with.

I agree, it doesn't need to be re-made, just make another one and give it a subtitle. Although I suppose you could look at a remake like that.

safado
The one thing I really wanted to see in predators is the predator home world and the weird culture they have. Show them at war with a rival warrior race lots there

0mega Spawn
I was hoping they'd remake that predator concrete jungle game...but i guess this will do erm

Zack Fair
i was kind of looking forward to the predators sequel *shrugs*

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Zack Fair
i was kind of looking forward to the predators sequel *shrugs*

As enjoyable as it was, I think there was too many plot holes to warrant a sequel.

Kazenji
So they're remaking my favorite movie of all time and putting the director of that shitty ass IM3 behind it? Phuck your unoriginality Hollywood!

He has done other movies, jackass

also Shane Black was in the original Predator movie

as for this reboot, I don't give a shit one bit.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Kazenji
He has done other movies, jackass

also Shane Black was in the original Predator movie

as for this reboot, I don't give a shit one bit.

What warranted the "jackass"? Why are you and Quan so critical of my subjective opinion?

Kazenji
Maybe because your ignorant at times

and don't compare me with Quan, I don't want anything to do with that clown.

Lestov16
It sounds like you're butthurt for some unknown reason. Oh wellz. Not my problem.

Anyways, I will track the progress of this thing until it's release. The trailer will be the deal-breaker for me IMO.

Kazenji
It sounds like you're butthurt for some unknown reason. Oh wellz. Not my problem.

Actually i'm quite fine, Don't where your getting i'm butthurt over something.

Lestov16
Calling me a "jackass" and "ignorant" just because I said I didn't like IM3 for starters.

Kazenji
That wasn't what i was directing at, Pays to read

the jackass part wasn't because you dislike IM3, I just presumed that that's all you knew of Shane Black's work....sorry if i'm wrong.

Lestov16
I know he's done better stuff, but his latest film is the one I judge the quality of the next off of. As shown by George Lucas, Oliver Stone, Ridley Scott, and others, having some good films under your belt doesn't mean every film you make will be good. The latest film I saw of Black's was IM3, and that was crap IMO. I am fearful that this Predator (again my favorite film ever) reboot will have the same quality.

Kazenji
I might do the same thing as you wait for a trailer for a final judgement

also i'm wondering how much of a reboot this will be, Will be a a 100% restart or something else. Because they said the same thing about the upcoming Terminator movie but it seems to be using the events of T1 & T2 in its story.

Mindship
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/ripemanewone/predator_face_palm.jpg

Kazenji
^

The thing is how much of a reboot will it be?....as i noted about the upcoming Terminator movie.

Lestov16
TBF, it's not exactly hard to reboot this series. The continuity is all over the map.

Flyattractor
That is one thing I was kind of thinking to.

Why can't it just be a "predator" movie.

Granted anything that expunges the AVP crap can't be considered a BAD THING.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Flyattractor
That is one thing I was kind of thinking to.

Why can't it just be a "predator" movie.

Probably because the average person who saw the original Predator (& Robocop) on the big screen is in their mid-40's now.

Re-boots are just pitching old ideas to a younger generation.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Probably because the average person who saw the original Predator (& Robocop) on the big screen is in their mid-40's now.

Re-boots are just pitching old ideas to a younger generation.

Ahh yes. I keep forgetting the STUPIDITY of the Hollywood Suits.

Esau Cairn
More like a lack of imagination.

Kazenji
And would you look at that going by the latest news

Esau Cairn
A sequel to what?

quanchi112
A sequel to what? Predators.

BruceSkywalker
And would you look at that going by the latest news

A sequel to what?

it's my understanding from what i've read is that the danny glover predator 2 film never happened and shane black's film is a direct sequel to arnold's film

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
it's my understanding from what i've read is that the danny glover predator 2 film never happened and shane black's film is a direct sequel to arnold's film

I always loved the early rumours of The Rock playing Arnie's son & somehow travels/teleports to the Pred's home-world to seek out his revenge....

Kazenji
That second predator movie which is loosely based on the story 'Concrete Jungle' (Not the game of the same name) had Arnold's brother in the detective role

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Predator:_Concrete_Jungle_(novel)

BruceSkywalker
I always loved the early rumours of The Rock playing Arnie's son & somehow travels/teleports to the Pred's home-world to seek out his revenge....

it still might happen laughing out loud

Esau Cairn

Point is, who actually makes the decision that a sequel "never happened'?

Impediment
It's been confirmed that this isn't a reboot; it's a sequel.

Dude111
It's going to be hard to replicate/outdo the perfect script, machismo, and pacing of the original. I wont bother seeing it..... THE ORIGINAL IS AWESOME!!!!!!

Lestov16

That is bullshit. Predator 2 was awesome!mad

"His foundation lie in the holy mountain. Selah."

Mindship

Ahh yes. I keep forgetting the STUPIDITY of the Hollywood Suits.
More like a lack of imagination.
Gentlemen, let us not forget good ol' fashioned Greed. "It made $$$ once before..."

Dude111
Was it as good as the first one??

I saw it @ salvation army one day but I didnt get it as ARNOLD ISNT IN IT and I didnt think it wouled be as good...

0mega Spawn
That second predator movie which is loosely based on the story 'Concrete Jungle' (Not the game of the same name) had Arnold's brother in the detective role

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Predator:_Concrete_Jungle_(novel)
Concrete jungle game storyline could work in a film i think
and and an escuse to show a predator in a futuristic earth environment

BruceSkywalker
Point is, who actually makes the decision that a sequel "never happened'?

the studios do that, along with the director/producer, if i am not mistaken

That is bullshit. Predator 2 was awesome!mad

"His foundation lie in the holy mountain. Selah."

nah it was silly and laughable stick out tongue

Lestov16

nah it was silly and laughable stick out tongue

Your taste in films was always horrible, Bruce stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
Your taste in films was always horrible, Bruce stick out tongue

look who's talking big grin laughing laughing

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment
It's been confirmed that this isn't a reboot; it's a sequel. Where ?

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Where ?
http://bit.ly/1miPc7m

Lestov16
look who's talking big grin laughing laughing

Of course you were a fan of that ridiculous talking baby series. Do you like Baby Geniuses as well?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
http://bit.ly/1miPc7m Liar.

Kazenji
^ Nope, It just shows how lazy you by not doing it yourself.

jinXed by JaNx
How about a Predators cooking show? any takers?

Lestov16
If it bleeds, we can cook it

jinXed by JaNx
I like your style.

BruceSkywalker
Of course you were a fan of that ridiculous talking baby series. Do you like Baby Geniuses as well?

lol no, i hated those films

zeel

Because we live in a society of no imagination, this is the reason for all of the reboots. Many movie producers are afraid to create something original I think this is the reason for the lack of anything new anymore. Almost everything out there is a remake,reboot or a copy of something that did well in the past.

nothing against the reboots I love most of them but I miss the overactive imaginations of movie producers in the past that were willing to try something new.

Tzeentch
If the current cinema environment implies that our society has no imagination, then we have never had imagination.

Reboots, remakes and adaptations of previously established stories have been a major hallmark of cinema since... it's inception, basically.

We notice it now more than before because technology has allowed us to be more historically aware.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by zeel

nothing against the reboots I love most of them but I miss the overactive imaginations of movie producers in the past that were willing to try something new.

I get the feeling that the writers strike several years ago really put the scare into Hollywood execs...they didn't realise the domino effect of movie schedules getting postponed or the amount of tv series that got cancelled. I'm guessing reboots need less writers to rely on & still guarantee an opening box office success based more on marketing than the actual quality of the film.

Kazenji

theTANTALIZER
Sequel or is it a reboot?

BruceSkywalker
i hope this lots of blood and guts , good action and story. oh and hope this is casted good

quanchi112
i hope this lots of blood and guts , good action and story. oh and hope this is casted good laughing out loud

Patient_Leech
i hope this lots of blood and guts , good action and story. oh and hope this is casted good
Do you even grammar, bro?

Kazenji
Originally posted by theTANTALIZER
Sequel or is it a reboot?

Both it seems, Same way how Mad Mad: Fury Road was a reboot/sequel for that franchise.

Tzeentch
Gotta refresh them rights.

Kazenji
What rights?.....its a Fox property.

jinXed by JaNx
You know, i never thought i'd be saying that i don't care about a new predator movie.

Just makes no sense. This is akin to rebooting a Spiderman or Batman movie again. It serves no purpose in introducing itself to a new audience. The only people that want to see a predator movie and the vast majority of the people going to see a predator movie are people that are already familiar with it.

It just seems like a bad business decision as well. Predator relies on a relatively niche following. Granted, i don't see the brand having a problem pulling in a fifty million dollar box office if done well, but at this point i think that's actually a big gamble. If they're rebooting the series that suggests to me that they already want to invest in numerous sequels. I doubt that a twenty million dollar profit would be enough to convince a studio to eagerly invest in future sequels just as i doubt another mediocre movie will convince audiences to continue showing loyalty.

I agree with alot of the other posters here. There is such a vast pool of material to choose from when it comes to the, Predator. Considering that the Predator movies don't follow any kind of important story continuity it would be so easy to use anything from that pool.

StiltmanFTW

thumb up

Kazenji
^ Its not a remake

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

I agree with alot of the other posters here. There is such a vast pool of material to choose from when it comes to the, Predator. Considering that the Predator movies don't follow any kind of important story continuity it would be so easy to use anything from that pool.

If they want to tie it into the first movie, Should use one of the stories where it has Dutch's brother "Predator: Cold War" if not change just change it since they already did it with Predator: Concrete Jungle (Not the game of the same name)

Ascendancy
It just doesn't fit. AvP, Preadators, all of the more recent films have pulled from the original lore but been able to stand alone well enough that they brought in fans old and new. It just seems empty and pointless to reboot or refresh the series when progress can be made on the foundation that already exists.

The idea of why reboots are so common now makes sense, but to date very few have interested me.

0mega Spawn
I think the most important part of the original predator...was how they established the group to be badass mofos in their element only to be dismantled easily by an unknown entity...

The problem with remaking this film is that we already know what a predator is... we know what it looks like uncloaked, what it more or less whats, even its technology...

So it jumping through trees screaming and shyt just wont cut it...
Maybe go full horror on it?

Placidity
I'd rather another AVP film, but on another planet/future Earth.

Kazenji
I'd rather they reboot the AVP movie franchise.

Bentley

Flyattractor
I say they should make a movie where they send a Predator(s) into the Middle East and have them kill a bunch of Isis terrorists. The twist....The Predators WIN!

Esau Cairn
I say they should make a movie where they send a Predator(s) into the Middle East and have them kill a bunch of Isis terrorists. The twist....The Predators WIN!

And they'll be dubbed with American accents.

Flyattractor
And they'll be dubbed with American accents.

Make em sound like Arnold Swarzenegger
and John Wayne's love child.

Patient_Leech
I saw this article a few days ago...

http://www.hollywood.com/movies/predator-will-hunt-again-in-a-new-sequel-to-the-80s-action-film-60352275/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=CMHollywood

Robtard
Predator 2 took place in Los Angeles. What a noob.

Inhuman
I like Aliens vs. Predator : Requiem.
Well...... Wolf vs. The Aliens & Predealien. The only shitty parts were, of coarse, the human fodder stories/character arcs. Which unfortunately was most of the film barker

0mega Spawn
So nobody feeling the full on horror mode predator angle?

Fine im not feeling you guys ideas either miffed

Kazenji
Originally posted by Robtard
Predator 2 took place in Los Angeles. What a noob.

Which was "loosely" based on the novel Predator: Concrete Jungle.

0mega Spawn
Anybody remember predator: concrete jungle the game...
Underrated i tell you

Kazenji
Wouldn't mind seeing a Predator game done with the same gameplay style as Assassins Creed.

jinXed by JaNx
I'd rather they reboot the AVP movie franchise.

thumb up

I just don't see a reason to reboot the Predator franchise. None of the movies follow each other in any kind of continuity. Even the AvP movies exist in a universe of their own.

Kazenji
Where exactly are you getting that this is a reboot?.... besides the thread title

its gonna be a sequel, Event Patient_Leech posted a link for it.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Inhuman
I like Aliens vs. Predator : Requiem.
Well...... Wolf vs. The Aliens & Predealien. The only shitty parts were, of coarse, the human fodder stories/character arcs. Which unfortunately was most of the film barker
I enjoyed it relatively speaking. They did do some things correctly, like having the National Guard contingent that was on-site getting shredded because they really had no idea what they were being sent up against; guessing they were purely a delaying tactic until a real time could be sent in. There were good elements of the film.

The main problem was that it was built on utter garbage. AvP was so full of bad writing and plot devices that did not fit at all that it just set the whole series up to be garbage. That said, Predators wasn't too bad as a standalone, and didn't limp in riding the farce that was AvP so it sank or swam based on the movie's own merits.

Kind of rambling here, but as long as they're keeping it to a follow-up and not trying to negate what was established in the first film I'm fine with it. It can't be worse than AvP, right? yes Let's hope not, anyway.

Kazenji
Shane Black & Fred Dekker have turned in their script for Predator 4

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/shane-black-and-fred-dekker-have-turned-in-their-script-for-predator-4-218

quanchi112
I would love to see a higher budget for the next Predator also.

playa1258
Hard R too.

Robtard
Shane Black & Fred Dekker have turned in their script for Predator 4

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/shane-black-and-fred-dekker-have-turned-in-their-script-for-predator-4-218

Good news as we're one step closer to another mother****ing Predator.

Am looking forward to see what Shane Black does with his upcoming Doc Savage.

Patient_Leech
There were some things about Predators I didn't like, it wasn't perfect, but dammit I thought it was pretty damn good for the most part and want to see it continued. Are they at least going to continue it with comics or something?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
There were some things about Predators I didn't like, it wasn't perfect, but dammit I thought it was pretty damn good for the most part and want to see it continued. Are they at least going to continue it with comics or something?

They did continue it

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Predators:_Preserve_the_Game

Patient_Leech
Cool, seems like I remembered that being the case. I knew you'd know, Kaz. Thanks for posting. I may have to order that.

Kazenji
Seems that production is underway on Predator 4.

Khazra Reborn
Seems that production is underway on Predator 4.

Do you know if it's a sequel or a reboot?

Kazenji
Its a sequel, Ignore the title of the thread it hasn't been updated in a while.

Patient_Leech
Its a sequel, Ignore the title of the thread it hasn't been updated in a while.

Is it a continuation of Predators or just another sort of separate film? Or is it retconning Predators and acting as a sequel to the first or 2nd Predator?

Kazenji
or just another sort of separate film?

This one i'm going with... from what i've read about it.

Kazenji
'The Predator' the official title?

http://www.scified.com/news/official-title-for-shane-blacks-predator-4-announced

quanchi112
I like this idea if it is an immediate follow up to the original film with another Predator showing up immediately after.

juggernaut74
I'd like to see Dutch in current day, retired, having to face a Predator once again but this time under different circumstances.

Maybe Danny Glover and Arnold team up? Happy Dance

quanchi112
I would like to see Arnold again. Call it nostalgia call it what you will but gosh darnit I'd get behind that.

juggernaut74
Well FOX announced a release date for the film, can't wait.

March 2nd 2018.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/28/fox-sets-dates-for-two-marvel-movies-and-predator-moves-alien-covenant-and-more

quanchi112
That is a long time to wait.

juggernaut74
Yea I'm not a fan of studios telling us a release date so far out.

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yea I'm not a fan of studios telling us a release date so far out. Yeah, it isn't even coming out at the end of next year. Too far away.

Kazenji
Arnold Schwarzenegger to meet with Shane Black to discuss potential casting in The Predator (Predator 4)!

http://www.scified.com/news/arnold-schwarzenegger-to-meet-with-shane-black-to-discuss-potential-casting-in-the-predator-predator-4

quanchi112
I would like to see Arnie back.

Kazenji
With the comics Dutch got health effects similar to radiation from exposure to the explosion of the Jungle Hunter's Self-Destruct Device and was sent to a hospital and later escapes.

Wonder if they'll use that.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, if it's done right I probably wouldn't mind seeing Arnie return, seeing as he was so crucial in the first film.

Esau Cairn
This really doesn't need Arnie.
The last 2 Pred movies were enjoyable without him.
An ageing, obsolete Terminator was credible enough but an old Dutch versing a Predator is stretching.

Kazenji
Depends how big the role is.

Esau Cairn
True.
But if it's a cameo...why bother?
The franchise doesn't need Dutch.

quanchi112
Yeah, if it's done right I probably wouldn't mind seeing Arnie return, seeing as he was so crucial in the first film. Correctly if it is done right which is easier said than done. I've always favored the Predator films so I have optimism.

jinXed by JaNx
Don't know why I'm supposed to care about this. Just because something should be easily made doesn't it will. All you need to do is look back and see how much they ****ed up the alien and predator series. There's no reason to expect that we'll get anything better than a shitty alien sequel or an alien vs predator movie. I'm a die hard fan of these properties but the writers, directors and studios have everything to prove and convince me of. As of now, I expect nothing but shit from both the, aliens and predator fanchise

Kazenji
pessimistic much?

jinXed by JaNx
perhaps but i have reason to be pessimistic than optimistic. hope in one hand and shit in the other, eh?

Robtard
First Predator film was great (best film with a Predator in it), but Arnold had his time in it and this franchise needs to move beyond him with anything other than a cameo to further the plot or possibly an ancillary role.

quanchi112
I really enjoyed the Predators.

ShadowFyre
I personally enjoyed both 1 and 2. How people hate on Pred 2 is beyond me. It was just as good as, if not better than the first.

Predators was...could have been better bit not to bad. AVP 1 was horrible and AVP 2 was ok I guess.

I'm a huge Yautja fan and I was hoping the movies would show the same respect to them but we will see.

jinXed by JaNx
Predator 1 was a milestone for sci-fi. Predator was great B movie fun. Predators was just ok. Either way there is no need to shoe horn ahnold into another movie. the predator story line can easily be continued on without having to do a remake/reboot but a remake of reboot wouldn't feel unnecessary because it would just be another predator story.

The Nuul
i enjoyed predators, it was fun and kept me interested

i fcking hate shane black after IM3, so i am not looking forward to anymore of his films. he should be blacklisted in hollywood. i am so butthurt. it's a shame because i love me some predators

Kazenji
Shane Black might be back on track with that upcoming The Nice Guys movie.

Inhuman
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I personally enjoyed both 1 and 2. How people hate on Pred 2 is beyond me. It was just as good as, if not better than the first.

Predators was...could have been better bit not to bad. AVP 1 was horrible and AVP 2 was ok I guess.

I'm a huge Yautja fan and I was hoping the movies would show the same respect to them but we will see.

I liked AvP 2. What ruined it a bit was the stupid human story lines no one gives 2 fuqs about. Everyone just want to see Aliens and Predators rip each others rectums out.

Wolf's "cleanup" mission was top notch. One man army goodness vs. the Aliens.

The Nuul
I liked AvP 2. What ruined it a bit was the stupid human story lines no one gives 2 fuqs about. Everyone just want to see Aliens and Predators rip each others rectums out.

agreed. thumb up

Esau Cairn

It would've been a short film but he should've detonated the ship & surrounding town, not go hunting against an unknown number of Aliens.

Kazenji
He wouldn't be the so called experienced predator if he did that.

Esau Cairn
But it part of their "culture".
If against all odds, blow up.
It wasn't a hunt, it was a clean-up.

Inhuman
It was both.

It was a cleanup mission but Wolf was pissed after he got the distress call and found his dead predator friends in the ship.

After that Wolf wanted to fuq up some Aliens.

Utrigita

thumb up

Kazenji
http://screenrant.com/predator-2018-shane-black-event-film/

0mega Spawn
I want the predator to be more unstoppable horror type monster... closer to the first film... but more sadistic.

Kazenji
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
. but more sadistic.

erm

Flyattractor
I bet Reboot Predator will have facebook hooked up to his helmet cam so he can update his kills. Cause you know the kids are all on the facebook so they will love it.

Esau Cairn
I bet Reboot Predator will have facebook hooked up to his helmet cam so he can update his kills. Cause you know the kids are all on the facebook so they will love it.

He'll also post on YouTube, "How To Skin A Corpse." & "Pranking The Neighbor's Cat Using Camouflage."

Kazenji
There's news of 50 Cent being part of the cast

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3386258/rapper-50-cent-battle-predator/

steverules_2
Well you know Curtis was good in that uhm...he was good in that one film which was...yeah

Estacado
Can Pred actually kill Fiddy?
I mean he is kinda bulletproof....

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
Well you know Curtis was good in that uhm...he was good in that one film which was...yeah

Get Rich or Die Tryin?

not that i actually watched it

hope 50 Cent isn't the main actor for this movie.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Estacado
Can Pred actually kill Fiddy?
I mean he is kinda bulletproof....
laughing out loud

The Nuul
http://40.media.tumblr.com/3566e959834cfb5eca14233ec4a41830/tumblr_n1mbj8vz4q1sqqileo2_r1_500.jpg

see... fiddy, is in fact in this movie. that was a screen shot

Igniz
http://screenrant.com/predator-2018-shane-black-event-film/

A Requel?

Kazenji
Humans using stolen Predator technology in Shane Black's The Predator? -

https://www.scified.com/topic/41978

Esau Cairn
Humans using stolen Predator technology in Shane Black's The Predator? -

https://www.scified.com/topic/41978

Why focus on the game when Requiem ended with humans already having Pred tech?

Kazenji
^ Maybe they want to ignore that movie since it wasn't very good.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>