Vodo-Siosk Baas vs Agen Kolar (Dueling Only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Who takes this?
No Force attacks allowed, just precognition, Force speed, etc.

NewGuy01
Kolar. Vodo would be out of his element handling a lightsaber. wink

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Vodo would be out of his element handling a lightsaber. wink
Edited. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2070551810.gif

NewGuy01
Good fight, though, I actually often draw parallels between Kolar and Vodo. I think in a normal fight I'd probably favor Baas, but that's partially because he's displayed greater aptitude with the Force. In a pure melee combat I'm less sure. I might side with Agen, but I may have to think about it a bit more first.

I'll withhold my vote until further notice.

WildBantha88
Vodo stomps hardcore

NewGuy01
lmao

carthage
Not sure

WildBantha88
What has Kolar done other than, yeno, die?

Emperordmb
Their accolades should put them on even footing, so nobody wins based on accolades.

Featwise for skill, Vodo held his own against Kun before his defeat while Kolar beat Vos. Kun is sure as hell FAR more impressive than Vos, though given that Kolar beat Vos easily there is no upper limit established for Kolar other than him getting slaughtered by Sidious.

Speed wise I'd say Baas is superior. Lightning fast reflexes and holding his own against Kun given Kun and Droma's respective speed feats is more impressive than getting blitzed by Sidious.

Armament wise, Baas's staff is quite interesting. Its disadvantages include the fact that the damage it deals is inferior to a lightsaber strike, and the fact that it can be broken under heavy offense. Not sure either of these disadvantages would be too significant here. Kolar hasn't shown the level of heavy offense and brute force that suggests he'd smash through Vodo's staff like that, and being hit by Vodo's staff would spell the end for him. While being hit by Vodo's staff wouldn't kill him, it would hurt him enough and cause him to lapse enough to turn the fight in a direction that would lead to Kolar's demise. Baas's staff does hold the advantage that it is a more unfamiliar weapon than the standard lightsaber, and that unlike a saberstaff Baas can grip it anywhere.

With all of this in mind, I think I'd go with Baas.

NewGuy01
I wouldn't say that. Kolar's accolades are strikingly superior, to be entirely honest with you.

I wouldn't consider their second match the best demonstration of Baas's abilities, as it is Exar's victory over Vodo that displays his own increase in ability since the start of the series.

On the other hand, Vodo initially dominating Exar Kun in their original battle is a much more quantifiable feat, though the latter turned the tides after gaining a second wind.

Uh, not really.

That may be the case, if Agen wasn't a Zabrak, and one whom was noted specifically to have an intense tolerance for physical pain.

WildBantha88

That may be the case, if Agen wasn't a Zabrak, and one whom was noted specifically to have an intense tolerance for physical pain. Tolerant, not immunity.... Broken bones hurt like hell weather you are Zabrak or not and it makes it harder to fight since he is injured

Emperordmb
I wouldn't say that. Kolar's accolades are strikingly superior, to be entirely honest with you.
Based on the accolades for Baas I have heard, he was the Order's best duelist of his time. This TBH places him among the most skilled swordsman in history.

I wouldn't consider their second match the best demonstration of Baas's abilities, as it is Exar's victory over Vodo that displays his own increase in ability since the start of the series.

On the other hand, Vodo initially dominating Exar Kun in their original battle is a much more quantifiable feat, though the latter turned the tides after gaining a second wind.
Ehh... regardless, Kolar has never beaten anyone more impressive than Vos, who he stomped, and he never lost to anyone less impressive than Sidious, who stomped him. This makes Kolar's skill level based on feats very unquantifiable.

Uh, not really.
They are close enough in skill that Vodo landing a legitimate blow could be enough to turn the tide.

That may be the case, if Agen wasn't a Zabrak, and one whom was noted specifically to have an intense tolerance for physical pain.
I was always under the impression that Baas's staff packed more of a punch based on his empowerment of it.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Their accolades should put them on even footing, so nobody wins based on accolades.

Featwise for skill, Vodo held his own against Kun before his defeat while Kolar beat Vos. Kun is sure as hell FAR more impressive than Vos, though given that Kolar beat Vos easily there is no upper limit established for Kolar other than him getting slaughtered by Sidious.

Speed wise I'd say Baas is superior. Lightning fast reflexes and holding his own against Kun given Kun and Droma's respective speed feats is more impressive than getting blitzed by Sidious.

Armament wise, Baas's staff is quite interesting. Its disadvantages include the fact that the damage it deals is inferior to a lightsaber strike, and the fact that it can be broken under heavy offense. Not sure either of these disadvantages would be too significant here. Kolar hasn't shown the level of heavy offense and brute force that suggests he'd smash through Vodo's staff like that, and being hit by Vodo's staff would spell the end for him. While being hit by Vodo's staff wouldn't kill him, it would hurt him enough and cause him to lapse enough to turn the fight in a direction that would lead to Kolar's demise. Baas's staff does hold the advantage that it is a more unfamiliar weapon than the standard lightsaber, and that unlike a saberstaff Baas can grip it anywhere.

With all of this in mind, I think I'd go with Baas.

Well said. I agree completely.

NewGuy01
That's true, but Kolar has also been grouped with Mace exclusively over Kit and Saesee, that's most impressive.

Which is why I drew the comparisons between his battle with Quinlan and Dooku's to provide a better understanding of the range of his capabilities.

Also, those fights really were eerily similar. Like, they both warded off his first assault, kicked him in the face, clashed with him, then slashed him in the back, then the fights ended respectively. Either it's symbolic for Vos being tooled by his masters of both the Jedi and the Sith, or the author is just really unoriginal.

This is absolutely true. I'd argue that being hit with a lightsaber would have a significantly larger impact on your performance myself, though.

At least you admit they're close in skill, despite your trolling on OCF. There is hope for you yet. I'm still not entirely positive who would win this fight myself tbh.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by WildBantha88
What has Kolar done other than, yeno, die?

I could ask the same of Vodo.

carthage
I guess I'll go with Vodo with extreme difficulty. His saber staff has smashed duracreet, and he's got capable speed enough to keep up with Exar. I don't know. Kolar should win more than 3-4 rounds though

WollfMyth
I think I favor Agen in this battle. He was held in high regards by the likes of Mace Windu and Shaak Ti. He stomped Quinlan Vos with ease and was a capable unarmed combatant and is likely stronger and more durable than Vodo. Baas is faster though. It will be a close battle, but Kolar takes it.

carthage
Vodo or even split.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.