Trading Punches: Hercules/Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
In Avengers 274, a drunken Hercules was basically mugged and beaten into a coma by the Wrecking Crew, Tiger Shark, Mr. Hyde and Goliath.

In JLA/Avengers 2, Superman, spent from fighting Thor, was surprise attacked and beaten by Iron Man, wonder Man, Hercules, she-Hulk and the Vision.
Luckily Aquaman broke things up.

The question is, if the beating had continued uninterrupted could the Avengers have inflicted equal/comparable/greater/less damage?

JBL
Originally posted by riv6672
In Avengers 274, a drunken Hercules was basically mugged and beaten into a coma by the Wrecking Crew, Tiger Shark, Mr. Hyde and Goliath.

In JLA/Avengers 2, Superman, spent from fighting Thor, was surprise attacked and beaten by Iron Man, wonder Man, Hercules, she-Hulk and the Vision.

The question is, if the beating had continued uninterrupted could the Avengers have inflicted equal/comparable/greater/less damage? They would have killed him most likely if they wanted to.

riv6672
Yhey WERE pretty pissed.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by JBL
They would have killed him most likely if they wanted to. IMO you're wrong.

riv6672
So, comparable damage, then?

And, if so, is it because they wouldnt or couldnt, in your opinion?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
They would have killed him most likely if they wanted to.

THE MOTHER OF ALL LIES!

JBL
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
THE MOTHER OF ALL LIES! Yeah i know, it takes Classic beyonder to kill your superman roll eyes (sarcastic)

This group was doing a very good job of stomping a mud hole in the comic book version of superman.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/89104/3042232-1168962-aj_02_38.jpg

riv6672
Which begs the question...

deathslash
If that beating had continued uniterrupted, that comic would have to be called The Death of Superman.

riv6672
Ouch!

Stoic
Yes they would have been able to put him in a coma. There were a lot of heavy hitters beating on him, and he was on his last legs after his bout with Thor.

riv6672
Thanks.
I agree. I dont see them doing less damage than the Masters, but not more, either.not because they dont have the power, but their morals would make them stop.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by JBL
They would have killed him most likely if they wanted to. Gotta agree with this.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
They would have killed him most likely if they wanted to. Originally posted by JBL
Yeah i know, it takes Classic beyonder to kill your superman roll eyes (sarcastic)

This group was doing a very good job of stomping a mud hole in the comic book version of superman.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/89104/3042232-1168962-aj_02_38.jpg
That's why he was up and fighting alongside Thor who was knocked out earlier and woke up at the same time as Superman with no damage at all?Originally posted by Stoic
Yes they would have been able to put him in a coma. There were a lot of heavy hitters beating on him, and he was on his last legs after his bout with Thor.
Yeah, no. It takes a LOT more to put Superman in coma than puny gods.

riv6672
Please stop trolling my threads. You put me on ignore, that means ignoring my threads, too.

Insane Titan
If they continued to beat on Superman he would of stayed down, but him staying down would have had a lot to do with his prior fight with Thor. Without the Thor fight taking it's toll Superman would triumph.

riv6672
Having not read the comic in awhile, why didnt the Masters kill Hercules?
Were they interrupted, or lack the power?
As stated above, the Avengers could kill Superman but most likely wouldnt, due to morals...

Tony Stark
Originally posted by deathslash
If that beating had continued uniterrupted, that comic would have to be called The Death of Superman.

yes

DarkSaint85
Herc is actually breaking his mace on Superman. They would've killed him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Herc is actually breaking his mace on Superman. They would've killed him.
Superman didn't even bleed with that mace breaking. Hard to imagine him dying in that state. Even a blast from uber Krona didn't do much damage to him other than knocking him out in the same comic. Knocking superman out and killing him are two entirely different thing.

ermOriginally posted by riv6672
Please stop trolling my threads. You put me on ignore, that means ignoring my threads, too.
Shut the **** up.

DarkSaint85
Have you got the scan after, where Aquaman triumphantly saves Superman?

It might be in Pr's fanfic folder...

riv6672
Originally posted by abhilegend

Shut the **** up.
Reported.

tkitna

Unfortunate would be the correct word.

riv6672
Heh!

I'm a Superman fan, so i cant say i'd have wanted him ended. Still, i can understand the Avengers' reaction.

Badabing
Please stop trolling my threads. You put me on ignore, that means ignoring my threads, too. Shut up. It's not up to you to say who posts in a thread. If he bothers you that much then put Abhi on ignore.

Badabing
Posted

LordofBrooklyn

LIES!

Superman was simply taking a break before catching his second wind.

JBL
That's why he was up and fighting alongside Thor who was knocked out earlier and woke up at the same time as Superman with no damage at all?
Yeah, no. It takes a LOT more to put Superman in coma than puny gods. I'm quite sure then writer wanted superman to be the one to catch Thor's hammer and smash that barrier rather than get pounded to death so he had aquaman save his hide. No damage you say?? Iron mans rays and wondermans fist flattened superman or have you blocked out that part of my scan? The excuses you have for superman has really gotten out of control, if superman was beaten senseless by that short stomping he received ( hercules was a lot longer ) a couple of minutes longer and he would have been DEAD. He could not get up..... he could not defend himself..... Wonder Woman KNEW that that was supermans hide about to be served on a silver platter. Yet you use the storys plot as an excuse to save face for superman ( the same thing that saved hercules ). You overlook the fact that repulsor rays flattened him ( yet it takes more than "puny gods"???? ) Wondermans fist to the face is now by your standard " more than puny gods?". There was a time i received great laughter and the repeated shaking of my head as i read your posts and deceptions. Things change.

JBL
Originally posted by JBL
I'm quite sure then writer wanted superman to be the one to catch Thor's hammer and smash that barrier rather than get pounded to death so he had aquaman save his hide. No damage you say?? Iron mans rays and wondermans fist flattened superman or have you blocked out that part of my scan? The excuses you have for superman has really gotten out of control, if superman was beaten senseless by that short stomping he received ( hercules was a lot longer ) a couple of minutes longer and he would have been DEAD. He could not get up..... he could not defend himself..... Wonder Woman KNEW that that was supermans hide about to be served on a silver platter. Yet you use the storys plot as an excuse to save face for superman ( the same thing that saved hercules ). You overlook the fact that repulsor rays flattened him ( yet it takes more than "puny gods"???? ) Wondermans fist to the face is now by your standard " more than puny gods?". There was a time i received great laughter and the repeated shaking of my head as i read your posts and deceptions. Things change.

Let me make this clear perverts laughing .... the head with the two eyes , a mouth and a nose. JBL does not set himself up... laughing

Zack Fair
crylaugh

Badabing
Originally posted by Digi
Debating Format
No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This includes JLA/Avengers. Canon or not, people just aren't going to agree on it in most cases. Besides, there should be plenty of other comics with which to make your point.

riv6672
Originally posted by Badabing
Shut up. It's not up to you to say who posts in a thread. If he bothers you that much then put Abhi on ignore.

Haha!

So much for doing the right thing and hoping the mods do their jobs.
He trolls me, derails my threads, and supposedly puts me on ignore them does the same things over again.
Fair enough, the little guy gets what he gets from now on.

-Pr-
Haha!

So much for doing the right thing and hoping the mods do their jobs.
He trolls me, derails my threads, and supposedly puts me on ignore them does the same things over again.
Fair enough, the little guy gets what he gets from now on.

We're not babysitters. He isn't derailing it, because if he was, and he was seen, he would have been brought up on it.

If you don't like him, put him on ignore.

riv6672
No explanations needed, i got this. I'll do as he does, pretend i have him on ignore, and post to him regardless.
Appreciate the feedback, though. thumb up

deathslash
LIES!

Superman was simply taking a break before catching his second wind. do Superman's breaks usually involve laying in a pool of his own piss, shit, and blood?

JBL
do Superman's breaks usually involve laying in a pool of his own piss, shit, and blood? You bastard!!!!!! You made me spit out hot coffee on my laptop!!! LMAO!!!! laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

riv6672
Ha, thats good right there!

LordofBrooklyn
do Thor's breaks usually involve laying in a pool of his own piss, shit, and blood?

Yes, they do.

Ask Damborgson.

riv6672
Is that like a falafel?

LordofBrooklyn
Is that like a falafel?

Yes, a Damborgson is exactly like a falafel.

panthergod
Those characters aren't powerful enough to do more than knock him out.

deathslash
Is that like a falafel? do you not know who Damborgson is?

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
I'm quite sure then writer wanted superman to be the one to catch Thor's hammer and smash that barrier rather than get pounded to death so he had aquaman save his hide. No damage you say?? Iron mans rays and wondermans fist flattened superman or have you blocked out that part of my scan? The excuses you have for superman has really gotten out of control, if superman was beaten senseless by that short stomping he received ( hercules was a lot longer ) a couple of minutes longer and he would have been DEAD. He could not get up..... he could not defend himself..... Wonder Woman KNEW that that was supermans hide about to be served on a silver platter. Yet you use the storys plot as an excuse to save face for superman ( the same thing that saved hercules ). You overlook the fact that repulsor rays flattened him ( yet it takes more than "puny gods"???? ) Wondermans fist to the face is now by your standard " more than puny gods?". There was a time i received great laughter and the repeated shaking of my head as i read your posts and deceptions. Things change.
First thing, Iron Man was amped by a mother box and was oneshotting wonder woman and Kyle Rayner, so it was a big boost. Second part, there was no indication that Superman was even bloodied let alone about to get killed.

Takes a blast from Uber Krona from JLA/Avengers meant to kill.

http://i.imgur.com/FFLjkCe.jpg

With only a few tattered clothes to show for it.

http://i.imgur.com/Wz5bHSJ.jpg

This wasn't even a full powered Superman as he was operating on Vision's solar charge. And its perfectly canon for DC.

smile

Even a blast from Krona who had IG, cosmic cube and a shit ton of other artifacts and who was powerful enough to imprison Eternity couldn't kill Superman. Are you trying to say the team is more powerful than that Krona?

And before you say anything, Krona attacking Superman is perfectly canon for DC. It was brought up in JLA and Trinity under Busiek.

shadowknight
Less Damage because of 3 specific reasons

1. Superman is extremely reistant to EB, I pretty doubt IM repulsor rays did much to Superman except knock him down.

2. Superman has incredibly advance enhancing healing, durabilty and invulnerabilty.

3. Eventhough Superman fell after Thor he got up basically the same time as Thor. Which shows either Superman wasn't as badly hurt as Thor, he recovers quicker see reason 2 or while the Avenger Big guns were piling on him and hitting him with all their power in reality all it was flash and bang with very little damage bing done to SM see Invulnerabilty.

Supermex
Originally posted by JBL
Yeah i know, it takes Classic beyonder to kill your superman roll eyes (sarcastic)

JBL u crack me up lol

Luv ur honesty, Brother!!

Diesldude
First thing, Iron Man was amped by a mother box and was oneshotting wonder woman and Kyle Rayner, so it was a big boost. Second part, there was no indication that Superman was even bloodied let alone about to get killed.

Even a blast from Krona who had IG, cosmic cube and a shit ton of other artifacts and who was powerful enough to imprison Eternity couldn't kill Superman. Are you trying to say the team is more powerful than that Krona?

And before you say anything, Krona attacking Superman is perfectly canon for DC. It was brought up in JLA and Trinity under Busiek.

He also grabbed Galactus from another part of the universe, brought him to his presence and then destroyed him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Diesldude
He also grabbed Galactus from another part of the universe, brought him to his presence and then destroyed him.
That was before he had IG, CCU and other stuff.

eek!

JBL

And before you say anything, Krona attacking Superman is perfectly canon for DC. It was brought up in JLA and Trinity under Busiek. What does a blast from Krona have to do with the stomping the avengers gave superman?? WE are talking about the raping the AVENGERS gave him, dont run to another character..... He tanked this from???? He tanked that from????? This blast from?????? DID HE TANK THAT STOMPING FROM THE AVENGERS???? or do you want me to bring up that gas station incident? I dont care if he tanked a blast from an enraged Odin, He did not tank that mauling from the Avengers. They could have killed him so live with it.

Mindset
First thing, Iron Man was amped by a mother box and was oneshotting...Kyle Rayner

False, 1v1 me irl.

deathslash
Originally posted by JBL
What does a blast from Krona have to do with the stomping the avengers gave superman?? WE are talking about the raping the AVENGERS gave him, dont run to another character..... He tanked this from???? He tanked that from????? This blast from?????? DID HE TANK THAT STOMPING FROM THE AVENGERS???? or do you want me to bring up that gas station incident? I dont care if he tanked a blast from an enraged Odin, He did not tank that mauling from the Avengers. They could have killed him so live with it. that was one of the funniest posts that I've read all day.

riv6672
Yes, a Damborgson is exactly like a falafel.
Thats good to know! yes

riv6672
do you not know who Damborgson is?
Its like a falafel, duh. wink

deathslash
Its like a falafel, duh. wink I hate you so much right now.

Mindset
Its like a falafel, duh. wink Originally posted by deathslash
I hate you so much right now. Good work, riv. thumb up

riv6672
big grin

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
What does a blast from Krona have to do with the stomping the avengers gave superman?? WE are talking about the raping the AVENGERS gave him, dont run to another character..... He tanked this from???? He tanked that from????? This blast from?????? DID HE TANK THAT STOMPING FROM THE AVENGERS???? or do you want me to bring up that gas station incident? I dont care if he tanked a blast from an enraged Odin, He did not tank that mauling from the Avengers. They could have killed him so live with it.
Yeah, they stomped him so bad, he was up and fighting some five pages later without a scratch on him. Real dead, I tell you.

And your meltdown is really amusing.

JBL
Yeah, they stomped him so bad, he was up and fighting some five pages later without a scratch on him. Real dead, I tell you.

And your meltdown is really amusing. What kept him from getting up during that stomping? He got up because the Avengers stopped mauling him else he would have died get it? He could not stop them, he could not save himself, he could not call for help, he could not swing back, he could not fire his heat vision.... HE WAS DONE... Beaten down on like a drum. HE COULD NOT DO JACK!! The Avengers had him dead to rights. SCRATCH??? Really dude?? Did thor have a scratch on him? Does that mean that superman cannot damage thor with his heat vision nor his fists?? Stop using plot to hide the fact that you just hate to admit that the Avengers beat superman down and could have killed him.. Now if we were talking about Nafaria, now they failed to maul him. big grin

JBL
Originally posted by panthergod
Those characters aren't powerful enough to do more than knock him out. So if someone knocks you out, your limp body somehow adapts to withstand that same power that put you to sleep?

abhilegend
Yeah, he was knocked out. Nobody said otherwise. But even if he was KOED, it wasn't like he was near dead or something. You have to pretty much drain him out of the solar energy to kill him and that's a pretty huge task. I doubt Avengers could've killed him even if they pounded on him for hours, let alone in minutes.

But you being you, its like Superman was already dead and somehow reborn after Avengers attacked him. Its going to be OK.

Not really, Thor was still KTFO from much less. And Nefaria never had Hercules, Simon, Vision, She-hulk and an amped Iron Man pounding on him. He was taken out by wolverine and ms marvel though.

big grin

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
So if someone knocks you out, your limp body somehow adapts to withstand that same power that put you to sleep?
Its called endurance. Google it. Knocking someone out and killing someone ARE two vastly different things in comics.

Mindset
Its called endurance. Google it. Knocking someone out and killing someone ARE two vastly different things in comics. I'm not sure you understand how a knock out from concussive force works.

Igniz
Some People seem to forget what the topic of this thread is.

The question is, if the beating had continued uninterrupted could the Avengers have inflicted equal/comparable/greater/less damage?

That's the question the thread starter asked.So whatever happened afterward isn't to be taken here since the question is if the mudhole beating continued, what would be the result?Who knows how long the Avengers was putting that mudhole stomping on Superman?I think an entire day of mudhole stomping by the Avengers on Superman would probably kill him(forum mode) or send him in another coma like state(comic mode).

riv6672
Some people seem to purposely ignore the OP to make certain points or start arguments.
I say purposely because i write fairly straight forwardly. I refuse to think people who's hobby is reading comics then discussing them via a written medium dont understand what they're discussing.

Zack Fair
Some people seem to purposely ignore the OP to make certain points or start arguments.
I say purposely because i write fairly straight forwardly. I refuse to think people who's hobby is reading comics then discussing them via a written medium dont understand what they're discussing. All good bro. Soon you will come to a life changing revelation that will lead to the discovery of

http://925rebellion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/fanboy_feature_new.jpg

riv6672
Ha, happened long ago!

Still we're all here to have fun. If putting fictional characters down makes people happy, then, what the heck! smile

Zack Fair
Yeah but....this place would be boring without fanboys and anti-fanboys 131

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm not sure you understand how a knock out from concussive force works.

Shut up. Haile Gebrselassie fuccs Manny, Floyd and Bruce Lee up all at once.

riv6672
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Yeah but....this place would be boring without fanboys and anti-fanboys 131
Well thats what i meant.
Its the Ciiiircle of spiiite. ~holds up Superman plushie, Simba style~

Zack Fair
To be honest...I don't understand why people go on and on about trying to excuse/defend a particular showing. It only incites more shitstorm and dissection of feats to ruin whatever char you tried to defend in the first place. So...I haven't even seen the movie but to quote frozen...just Let it go.

over

riv6672
Its a good movie. You should check it out. thumb up

Zack Fair
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/33893391.jpg

shadowknight
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm not sure you understand how a knock out from concussive force works. The thing is SM regenarate from damage at in incredible rate considerably faster than Hercules, so unless their was someone stopping SM from absorbing sunlight whenever they stopped he would be considerably better off physically than Hercules was after his beatdown.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.