surfer vs new sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yaadaveyaa
new horsemen sentry vs silver surfer who wins

riv6672
Oh good lord there's a new Sentry?
Didnt we just get rid of the old one?
What can this version do, powerwise?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by riv6672

He trashed Thor twice. Thor couldn't even put up a fight, Thor even tried throwing Mjolnir at the Sentry and he just stopped it by staring at it. He also throughout the whole fight was holding back (he mentions that himself) he also while holding back threw a punch that shook a planet. He also knocked Thor out with one blast of heat vision and that was the first fight.

In the second one Sentry tore his whole head off minus his brain and Thor hit him from behind and destroyed his brain. Within seconds Sentry completely regenerated and Ko'd him in 2 punches.

In the latest issue of Uncanny Avengers Rogue absorbed the power of every Avenger including the likes of Hulk and Hyperion and the X-Men and she attempted to stop Exitar who was trying to literally sink his feet into the Earth, she even specifically states that she was using Hulk's strength specifically and that it wasn't enough. Then (off panel) Thor and Wasp convince Sentry to aid them against Exitar and then we see him on panel stop Exitar from moving at all.

So it's fair to say he is quite tough. Also I would've posted scans but I am not allowed yet apparently as I haven't posted enough.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
He trashed Thor twice. Thor couldn't even put up a fight, Thor even tried throwing Mjolnir at the Sentry and he just stopped it by staring at it. He also throughout the whole fight was holding back (he mentions that himself) he also while holding back threw a punch that shook a planet. He also knocked Thor out with one blast of heat vision and that was the first fight.

In the second one Sentry tore his whole head off minus his brain and Thor hit him from behind and destroyed his brain. Within seconds Sentry completely regenerated and Ko'd him in 2 punches.

In the latest issue of Uncanny Avengers Rogue absorbed the power of every Avenger including the likes of Hulk and Hyperion and the X-Men and she attempted to stop Exitar who was trying to literally sink his feet into the Earth, she even specifically states that she was using Hulk's strength specifically and that it wasn't enough. Then (off panel) Thor and Wasp convince Sentry to aid them against Exitar and then we see him on panel stop Exitar from moving at all.

So it's fair to say he is quite tough. Also I would've posted scans but I am not allowed yet apparently as I haven't posted enough.

u did an excellent job of summarizing his latest issues, with that being said (i know thor is a bit of a jobber) does norrin have what it takes to fight this sentry

riv6672
Meh.
Another over powered Superman clone, same as the first? Peace, enjoy the thread, i'm out!

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
u did an excellent job of summarizing his latest issues, with that being said (i know thor is a bit of a jobber) does norrin have what it takes to fight this sentry

This Sentry I highly doubt it. Any reality manipulation or molecular manipulation that Norrin uses Robert will throw back twice as hard. Even if the Surfer hit him with a bolt of some kind the Sentry will regenerate within seconds.

He is far above Surfer. This Sentry is being portrayed on a whole new level. Heck a stable Sentry non Death Seed could more than give Norrin a decent match.

This version of Sentry is way out of the ballpark of any herald tier opponent. He is immortal. Like he says hurting the flesh is pointless. And if when holding back deliberately he can shake a planet I wouldn't want to see him pissed when he's in a fight. I mean he can stop a descending Exitar dead in his tracks. He can KO Thor with heat vision. Surfer has no chance at all.

Here is the scan where he stops Exitar.

http://s21.postimg.org/3ncqiprfb/014.jpg

One_Angry_Scot
Meh.
Another over powered Superman clone, same as the first? Peace, enjoy the thread, i'm out!

Is that your reaction to every post about a character that has a high strength level or performs certain feats? You can't read that many comics if every character that is similar to Superman you hate. I'd like to see if you comment like this on every Hyperion and Gladiator post or Blue Marvel posts.

It shows ignorance more than anything. Seems a pretty silly reason to hate someone because something they do or look like is similar to Superman.

Also could you elaborate on the analogy that Sentry performing them feats makes him a clone?

LeonBuco666
Sentry gets norrin in a headlock, nuggies him an knocks him out.

Stoic

Well for starters he'd probably break the Surfer's face.

Stoic
This Sentry I highly doubt it. Any reality manipulation or molecular manipulation that Norrin uses Robert will throw back twice as hard. Even if the Surfer hit him with a bolt of some kind the Sentry will regenerate within seconds.

He is far above Surfer. This Sentry is being portrayed on a whole new level. Heck a stable Sentry non Death Seed could more than give Norrin a decent match.

This version of Sentry is way out of the ballpark of any herald tier opponent. He is immortal. Like he says hurting the flesh is pointless. And if when holding back deliberately he can shake a planet I wouldn't want to see him pissed when he's in a fight. I mean he can stop a descending Exitar dead in his tracks. He can KO Thor with heat vision. Surfer has no chance at all.

Here is the scan where he stops Exitar.

http://s21.postimg.org/3ncqiprfb/014.jpg

Uhm Rogue held the other half of Exitar's weight with the combined powers of all of Earth's heroes. Good feat and all, but he didn't do it on his own, and we have no idea how much he was lifting and how much Rogue was lifting.

tkitna
He held Exitar? Whoa. Guess the whole helicarrier thing gets thrown out now. Seriously, I just hope Sentry sticks around or makes a few appearances here and there.

Oh, Sentry wins this.

One-Punch
Originally posted by Stoic
Uhm Rogue held the other half of Exitar's weight with the combined powers of all of Earth's heroes. Good feat and all, but he didn't do it on his own, and we have no idea how much he was lifting and how much Rogue was lifting.
thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by tkitna
He held Exitar? Whoa. Guess the whole helicarrier thing gets thrown out now. Seriously, I just hope Sentry sticks around or makes a few appearances here and there.

Oh, Sentry wins this.

Hope you don't use that in a debate brother, because someone is going to be dying to stick it to you if you do. laughing out loud He was helping Rogue with the weight. I say this because she was the one that began trying to halt Exitar's descent, and he came along afterwards to fully stop it..

One_Angry_Scot

I was only going from what was said in the comic. That Stark said she had the power of every hero and it still wasn't enough.

Then when the Sentry stops Exitar Stark says whoever Wasp was talking to they've stopped Exitar. The wording of that statement indicates one person i.e the person Wasp was talking to (Sentry).

Rogue herself says it's not enough. And then Stark infers that the foot is sinking still then when the Sentry arrives when he stops Exitar Stark specifically states it stopped moving. Which gives credence to the fact that it was the Sentry who stopped him.

tkitna
Hope you don't use that in a debate brother, because someone is going to be dying to stick it to you if you do. laughing out loud He was helping Rogue with the weight. I say this because she was the one that began trying to halt Exitar's descent, and he came along afterwards to fully stop it..

How does one look at this? Rogue with the power of all of earths hero's couldn't stop Exitars descent from one of his feet. Sentry goes to the other foot and stops him. Is Death Sentry more powerful than all of Earths hero's or did he need Rogues help in the matter? What would have happened if Sentry got there first? Would he have been able to stop Exitar by himself? Were they both holding the same foot? Lots of ways to look at this.

Doesn't matter, great feat by both of them. There's ammo to use for sure. Lol.

One-Punch
Together they were able to stop Exitar's descent. It's a great feat, for both Rogue and Sentry. But Stoic is right to say that we don't know how much strength either of them were contributing.

Surfer also recently had a monstrous feat too. He used his power cosmic to hold together and power the Impericon world, which was previously powered by a cosmic abstract's heart. The planet was stated to be bigger than any 5 planets combined.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by One-Punch
Together they were able to stop Exitar's descent. It's a great feat, for both Rogue and Sentry. But Stoic is right to say that we don't know how much strength either of them were contributing.

Surfer also recently had a monstrous feat too. He used his power cosmic to hold together and power the Impericon world, which was previously powered by a cosmic abstract's heart. The planet was stated to be bigger than any 5 planets combined.

That is very true. I was perhaps leaning to heavily on what Stark said for the premise of my argument. Like you said regardless they are good feats. I just hope he gets more opportunities to actually appear and replicate similar style showings.

LeonBuco666
I hope they both do...Sentry has been so inconsistent since his introduction...needs a solid timeline and showings.

And The Surfer is jobbed and treated like a hoe all the time, when he should be able to whoop the likes of hulk, thor & Iron man, but marvel decided to let hulk bite his head off. Great.

bbrem123
are there more scans involving that feat for sentry? I would like to see them all before saying anything

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by bbrem123
are there more scans involving that feat for sentry? I would like to see them all before saying anything

No Sentry only appeared for that one page in UA #21, I am pretty sure we will see him next issue though, hopefully he is killing Uriel and Eimin in it though.

What with the Sentry calling himself "caretaker of humanity" he'll be pissed when he finds out they started the whole fiasco.

LeonBuco666
The Sentry is just downright too badass.

bbrem123
No Sentry only appeared for that one page in UA #21, I am pretty sure we will see him next issue though, hopefully he is killing Uriel and Eimin in it though.

What with the Sentry calling himself "caretaker of humanity" he'll be pissed when he finds out they started the whole fiasco.

ahh gotcha. what about the scans of rogue and the other heroes attempting to lift Exitar?

One_Angry_Scot
ahh gotcha. what about the scans of rogue and the other heroes attempting to lift Exitar?

I could get them but it would be from my paper version as I didn't purchase it digitally (will soon though), I could upload them if you wanted.

Looks like I 'm not allowed to upload them due to me needing more posts

bbrem123
no worries. Im sure someone must have the digital copy somewhere.

no rush

One_Angry_Scot
no worries. Im sure someone must have the digital copy somewhere.

no rush

http://i.imgur.com/VFz0ian.jpg?1

One_Angry_Scot

http://i.imgur.com/vVKRKlE.jpg?1

Hopefully they work, imgur kept giving me dodgy links every time I uploaded.

bbrem123
ahh very nice! thanks a bunch

bbrem123
so from what I can see. Rogue along with every hero on earth was not enough to stop Exitar's decent. But sentry was. Gotta see what happens in the next issue though to be sure.

pretty monstrous feat tho if it is true.

bbrem123
scratch that.. what is the other part the equation tony is talking about? the Sentry?

if so then
Sentry=all heroes on earth. Still a crazy feat.

One_Angry_Scot
scratch that.. what is the other part the equation tony is talking about? the Sentry?

if so then

Yes I believe so,

This is the page that comes after the part where cap is calling Wasp.

https://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/co/image/1403/73/1403735465238.jpg

yaadaveyaa

if so then

idk about above all of them, she specifically says shes using the hulks strength (and is she really using all of hulks strength?) idk its def a very good feat but without seeing a lil more i cant tell, and in my opinion and opinion only hes not physically stronger than hulk... if they did something like that i would start losing my fanboy hood for sentry

tkitna
idk about above all of them, she specifically says shes using the hulks strength (and is she really using all of hulks strength?) idk its def a very good feat but without seeing a lil more i cant tell, and in my opinion and opinion only hes not physically stronger than hulk... if they did something like that i would start losing my fanboy hood for sentry

I'm not sure how he can't be physically stronger than the Hulk at this point since Rogue was using not only Hulk but everybody else's strength too, but there's that whole 'Hulk gets stronger the madder he gets deal'. Great feat though. Its enough right now to quench my Sentry thirst.

I might be reading into it differently too. Maybe she has to use only one character at a times attributes. Could she have only been using the Hulk? If so whats the point of having the other abilities. Its vague, i'll give you that.

One_Angry_Scot
I'm not sure how he can't be physically stronger than the Hulk at this point since Rogue was using not only Hulk but everybody else's strength too, but there's that whole 'Hulk gets stronger the madder he gets deal'. Great feat though. Its enough right now to quench my Sentry thirst.

I might be reading into it differently too. Maybe she has to use only one character at a times attributes. Could she have only been using the Hulk? If so whats the point of having the other abilities. Its vague, i'll give you that.

I think she was using all of the powers at once, like she says.

"Too many voices, too much power, tearing me apart"

Then she says "no just needs direction, use the Hulks gamma rays, stop fighting the power grow with it"

From the looks of the panel and her own words she is using all the power but she is struggling to contain it but then she focuses all of the Hulks power. Which she then says is not enough.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rogue wasn't just using Hulks strength but the power of every hero on earth. She just used Hulks gamma rays to grow so that her body can handle the power. She's literally radiating with ionic energy and other shit throughout the whole scene.

The entire narrative of that scene is Rogue using everyone's power at once in a united front. When in doubt, just look at the most likely intent.

tkitna
Then the answer of who's stronger between Hulk and Sentry right now should be written in stone.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Rogue wasn't just using Hulks strength but the power of every hero on earth. She just used Hulks gamma rays to grow so that her body can handle the power. She's literally radiating with ionic energy and other shit throughout the whole scene.

The entire narrative of that scene is Rogue using everyone's power at once in a united front. When in doubt, just look at the most likely intent.

(If this was directed at me) I knew she wasn't just using the Hulk's power, was just stating that she was trying to focus Hulk's power particularly which probably made her change as she did.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That scene implies that Sentry's power rivals Rogue with the power of Hulk, Hyperion, Wonder Man, almost every Avenger ever and the X-men.

He's astronomically more powerful than the Hulk in this particular story.

tkitna
Plus the whole two punch KO of Thor before hand. Nobody just casually two shots Thor like that. He's a beast right now and i'm reveling in delight, but I think he's going to disappear again real soon which will bum me out.

yaadaveyaa
That scene implies that Sentry's power rivals Rogue with the power of Hulk, Hyperion, Wonder Man, almost every Avenger ever and the X-men.

see this is where i was having trouble again i know we have to use on panel feats only but can rogue really use all of hulks power? i dont think so while sentry is super powerful i am not getting on board with him being physically stronger than hulk...

yaadaveyaa
Plus the whole two punch KO of Thor before hand. Nobody just casually two shots Thor like that. He's a beast right now and i'm reveling in delight, but I think he's going to disappear again real soon which will bum me out.

im with u

bbrem123

He's astronomically more powerful than the Hulk in this particular story. exactly how i see it

bbrem123
see this is where i was having trouble again i know we have to use on panel feats only but can rogue really use all of hulks power? i dont think so while sentry is super powerful i am not getting on board with him being physically stronger than hulk... Remember Though. This is not the same sentry we have seen in the past.

We also have the statement from Tony saying "Every hero on Earth gave her everything they've got and it's enough."

all these statements seem to be there to point out to the reader that Sentry is that damn powerful.

yaadaveyaa
Remember Though. This is not the same sentry we have seen in the past.

We also have the statement from Tony saying "Every hero on Earth gave her everything they've got and it's enough."

all these statements seem to be there to point out to the reader that Sentry is that damn powerful.

i would love to have that strong of a sentry believe me, the hulk is one of if not the strongest phyiscally strong character in marvel its a tough feat if it holds i am all for it

carver9
Sentry Stomps. He isn't more powerful than all of earth combined though. Back on topic. It's clear he is above Herald levels.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by carver9
Sentry Stomps. He isn't more powerful than all of earth combined though. Back on topic. It's clear he is above Herald levels.

The writing seems to indicate otherwise, Stark states that she is using all of every hero and it isn't enough.

Then when the Sentry arrives and stops Exitar in his tracks he says and he specifically pertains to the Sentry saying whoever Wasp was talking to he stopped his descent (and the writing is in bold which further shows he is shocked at whoever just stopped Exitar).

I don't see how he can't be above most if not all of the heroes on Earth, you yourself stated he is above Herald levels.

And in the grand scheme of things looking at Sentry's power compared to most Earth bound heroes there is a huge difference. There aren't many characters who could provide much of a challenge at all to him.

Heck when the Sentry fought the Collective he wasn't severely injured or damaged at all.

It's not unreasonable to suggest based on what we are seeing that it is possible.

yaadaveyaa

i was waiting for you to come in and give your 2 cents i needed the hulk expert to talk some sense into these folks

carver9
The writing seems to indicate otherwise, Stark states that she is using all of every hero and it isn't enough.

Then when the Sentry arrives and stops Exitar in his tracks he says and he specifically pertains to the Sentry saying whoever Wasp was talking to he stopped his descent (and the writing is in bold which further shows he is shocked at whoever just stopped Exitar).

I don't see how he can't be above most if not all of the heroes on Earth, you yourself stated he is above Herald levels.

And in the grand scheme of things looking at Sentry's power compared to most Earth bound heroes there is a huge difference. There aren't many characters who could provide much of a challenge at all to him.

Heck when the Sentry fought the Collective he wasn't severely injured or damaged at all.

It's not unreasonable to suggest based on what we are seeing that it is possible.

On one side of Exitar you have Rogue holding him up stating " use theHulks gamma rage", then on the other side you have Sentry holding it up. Remember Rogue was holding up the ENTIRETY of Exitar before Sentry showed up. She did it by herself. It wasn't enough but it slowed him down. Hell, looking at it, she stopped him for a bit. Then Sentry assisted in lifting a portion of him. I'm not seeing what you are seeing friend.

carver9
i was waiting for you to come in and give your 2 cents i needed the hulk expert to talk some sense into these folks

Preach it brother. An argument can be made for Sentry current strength though. Looking at his current power levels, he would merk Hulk imo.

One_Angry_Scot
On one side of Exitar you have Rogue holding him up stating " use theHulks gamma rage", then on the other side you have Sentry holding it up. Remember Rogue was holding up the ENTIRETY of Exitar before Sentry showed up. She did it by herself. It wasn't enough but it slowed him down. Hell, looking at it, she stopped him for a bit. Then Sentry assisted in lifting a portion of him. I'm not seeing what you are seeing friend.

Yes like you said she used his gamma power but she stated it wasn't enough and Exitar was descending still, that doesn't infer that she was actually helping (not to say she had no impact at all) but it was almost ineligible as she said herself.

Like I have said and will repeat the way Stark implies that the guy Wasp was talking to stopped the Celestial suggests that he was the person to stop him. He doesn't say.

"Whoever Wasp was talking to and Rogue, they stopped the Celestial"

bbrem123

to be honest. They make it pretty clear that sentry came in and accomplished what all of the earth's heroes combined could not.

I still what to see more in the next issue though. You very well could be right.

yaadaveyaa
Preach it brother. An argument can be made for Sentry current strength though. Looking at his current power levels, he would merk Hulk imo.

yea he would def give him a better fight maybe even get a KO against the wwh but im not buying physically strong altho he is a beast

psycho gundam
i was waiting for you to come in and give your 2 cents i needed the hulk expert to talk some sense into these folks dear lord....

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by psycho gundam
dear lord....

its a weird world where we need carve to educate people isnt it wink

One_Angry_Scot
its a weird world where we need carve to educate people isnt it wink

It seems even you misinterpreted what he said. He said that he isn't as powerful as every hero put together and he would merk Hulk.

So saying the hulk expert put people right makes no difference at all.

yaadaveyaa
It seems even you misinterpreted what he said. He said that he isn't as powerful as every hero put together and he would merk Hulk.

So saying the hulk expert put people right makes no difference at all.

in an overall fight i think the original sentry would beat hulk that makes no differnece im just saying the phyiscal strength part thats all nothing more

Zack Fair

So it's fair to say he is quite tough. Also I would've posted scans but I am not allowed yet apparently as I haven't posted enough. ****

One_Angry_Scot
in an overall fight i think the original sentry would beat hulk that makes no differnece im just saying the phyiscal strength part thats all nothing more

If the original Sentry can defeat Hulk this one could absolutely murder him. This is a Sentry that has Ko'd Thor with 2 punches, when holding back threw a punch that shook a planet and he also KO'd Thor with heat vision.

Combined with everything else it's unfair. The Hulk to my knowledge hasn't taken Thor in 2 hits ever. I'd like to see proof that Hulk's physical strength can ever come near this version of Sentry.

yaadaveyaa
If the original Sentry can defeat Hulk this one could absolutely murder him. This is a Sentry that has Ko'd Thor with 2 punches, when holding back threw a punch that shook a planet and he also KO'd Thor with heat vision.

Combined with everything else it's unfair. The Hulk to my knowledge hasn't taken Thor in 2 hits ever. I'd like to see proof that Hulk's physical strength can ever come near this version of Sentry.

hulks highest end feats for strength only r far superior to this im at work or i could post scans when i get home from work ill try and remember to hop on here for scans for a bit

One_Angry_Scot
hulks highest end feats for strength only r far superior to this im at work or i could post scans when i get home from work ill try and remember to hop on here for scans for a bit

Remember weaker versions of Sentry have performed extraordinary feats.

Like the Genis-Vell fight when while they were both holding back they were exerting power to shred entire worlds. This Sentry by the looks of things is above that one.

carver9
Thor has been one shot koed by Hulk recently.

One_Angry_Scot

I have to admit I didn't know that, what comic did that happen in?

eaebiakuya

This is very clear. Cant know how someone cant see that.

Why you guys think Rogue absorved powers of all heroes ? You guys really think all she need was Hulk power + flying power ? lol

Rage.Of.Olympus

You mean the Avengers comic?

When Hulk sucker punches Thor. Then the next time we see them, Hulk is unconscious and Thor is trapped?

Tony Stark

Let's be honest, we don't know if he could have done it on his own or not. He didn't need to, the all the earth heroes powered Rogue was there attempting (and failing) it first.

carver9
You mean the Avengers comic?

When Hulk sucker punches Thor. Then the next time we see them, Hulk is unconscious and Thor is trapped?

No.

Tony Stark

Let us NOT forget that SENTRY was severely holding back while 2 shotting THOR.

carver9
I have to admit I didn't know that, what comic did that happen in?

Here you go.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsAvengers157AvengersAssemble4.jpg.html

One_Angry_Scot
Here you go.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsAvengers157AvengersAssemble4.jpg.html

That to me looks more like Mjolnir smacking Thor in the face compared to Hulk's fist (and I don't get how Hulk is using Mjolnir unless I am assuming wrong). It's safe to ascertain that a full on hit from Mjolnir is a lot more stronger than a hit from Hulks fist in that situation.

Plus you couldn't call that a direct confrontation. Sure if somehow this was a Death Sentry gives surfer a sucker punch thread and vice versa then that feat may be applicable. But in this case I don't believe it is. Thor when he's in a proper fight has taken punches from Hulk and not shown much affect from them.

Heck he took a punch from Thanos and wasn't KO'd.

Mindship
Not sure who would win, but I definitely like this Sentry's appearance. Much better than the golden boy look.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.