Does Silver Surfer's power cosmic make Thanos stronger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Just wondering.

Stoic
Originally posted by golem370
Just wondering.

No it does not. Thanos has his own means of increasing his personal power. He can tap the mystical, and the cosmic. When he fought his doppelganger, we see his ability to amplify himself on his own. When he fought the Surfer, Norrin simply didn't possess the amount of power to do any damage to Thanos, but this does not mean that Thanos is immune to the power cosmic. For example Galactus would be able to do significant damage to Thanos as we saw on panel. Thanos was not somehow feeding off of Galactus' power.

Estacado
Thanos also has access to the power cosmic.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Estacado
Thanos also has access to the power cosmic. not to sure if that is true anymore as that was retconed into a clone, though Thanos does use cosmic energy.

As Stoic said he also uses some mystic power which had been described as accult/death or black magic

MF DELPH
Yeah, cosmic energy =/= Power Cosmic. The Power Cosmic is a force specifically derived from Galactus and his unique position. Cosmic energy is simply ambient cosmic radiation which can be drawn on for fuel. For example, Havok and Living Monolith are also powered by cosmic energy but have no connection to the Power Cosmic.

quanchi112
Not at all.

Mindset
I'm not sure I get what you're asking.

Are you asking if Galactus gave Thanos the PC would he be stronger?

LeonBuco666
C'mon guys, Thanos beats everything and everyone by default because you know...hes Thanos.

Dampyre
No.

Ambient
I don't see why it wouldn't. I've never seen implied in comics that Thanos has unlimited supply of energies at his disposal. Having another energy source to purloined from is always advantageous and would make him more than he was.

golem370
Well if says Thanos make cosmic power so I guessed if Silver Surfer use cosmic power it might juice Thanos on power to a degree.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Ambient
I don't see why it wouldn't. I've never seen implied in comics that Thanos has unlimited supply of energies at his disposal. Having another energy source to purloined from is always advantageous and would make him more than he was. Odin commented that Thanos had a energy supply that was nearly unlimited or words to that effect as he was comparing it to his own supply of energy/power

Ambient
Nearly unlimited - is not infinite. I think anyone from trans to skyfather (albeit depends) would benefit from another source of power.

Dampyre
There's never been a shred of evidence that the Surfer's PC makes Thanos stronger. It's never even been implied or suggested.

Stoic
Originally posted by Dampyre
There's never been a shred of evidence that the Surfer's PC makes Thanos stronger. It's never even been implied or suggested.

I'm not completely certain that everyone is on the same page concerning the OP. We may need some clarification.

golem370
I mean when SS with power cosmic/form of cosmic energy does it charge or supercharge Thanos energy like Iron Man amping from Thor's lighting strike

DarkSaint85
No.

DarkRaiden
Not implicitly. He can absorb it IIRC though he rarely does since it doesn't faze him.

Estacado
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Yeah, cosmic energy =/= Power Cosmic. The Power Cosmic is a force specifically derived from Galactus and his unique position. Cosmic energy is simply ambient cosmic radiation which can be drawn on for fuel. For example, Havok and Living Monolith are also powered by cosmic energy but have no connection to the Power Cosmic.
He says "The Power Cosmic" not cosmic energy...

http://s1343.photobucket.com/user/dbzrk/media/PowerCosmic_zpsbb76010b.jpg.html

Anyways it was a clone as Mike said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.