The Mountain vs Riddick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Arena fight

H2H

Arachnid1
The Mountain. If he gets his hands on Riddick, its game over. Being covered in head to toe in mid-evil armor doesn't hurt either.

dadudemon
I think Riddick is physically stronger and faster than Gregor.

But, as Arachnid1 pointed out, Gregor will be in armor.

What weapons do each of them have, TE?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by dadudemon
I think Riddick is physically stronger and faster than Gregor.

But, as Arachnid1 pointed out, Gregor will be in armor.

What weapons do each of them have, TE? Really? Maybe I'm a bit rusty on Riddick, but he I remember him hauling ass when he encountered most of the monsters in his older movies, and having to be stealthy to survive. I also dont remember any super human strength feats like Gregor. I haven't seen the newest one though, so I may be behind. Speed wise, yes, he's much faster.

EDIT: I just watched a few fight scenes. The most impressive strength feat I saw was him kicking a man a few feet and through a wooden door. He's skilled and fast as hell, but I'd give strength to the Mountain, unless I missed something.

Time Immemorial
"As an Alpha Furyan, Riddick has a near-superhuman level of physical strength, speed, agility, reflexes and durability. They also have heightened senses and they can adapt to any given situation almost instantly. "

http://riddick.wikia.com/wiki/Richard_B._Riddick

Robtard
Riddick likely ends up killing Gregor with Gregor's helmet.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
"As an Alpha Furyan, Riddick has a near-superhuman level of physical strength, speed, agility, reflexes and durability. They also have heightened senses and they can adapt to any given situation almost instantly. "

http://riddick.wikia.com/wiki/Richard_B._Riddick The amount of force your fingers would need to exert to crush someones head is definitely super human, as opposed to near-superhuman. The dude walks around in armor thats so heavy, a normal man wouldn't be able to move. He wields a greatsword in one hand like a normal sword no problem, and cleaves a horses head off with one good strike.

Riddick may be able to wear him down and take him step by step like the Viper did if he can target weak spots in the armor, but I still think the same thing that happen to Viper would happen to him if he got his hands on him (if he had a weapon). The thing Riddick has going more than anything is his skill with pretty much every weapon. Unfortunately, he has no weapon here but his hands. He'd have to get in close to Gregor to go HTH, and Gregor would get his hands on him. I don't see Riddick taking the Mountain in hand to hand.

Originally posted by Robtard
Riddick likely ends up killing Gregor with Gregor's helmet. Well, he does know how to make a weapon out of anything apparently.

NemeBro
Riddick once caught a grown man in midair with a single outstretched arm (He did this in the prison brawl scene in Chronicles of Riddick). A real person would break their arm trying this, and that's probably at least one of the strength feats dadudemon had in mind when he said Riddick was stronger since I recall us discussing the feat a while back.

As for who is stronger, probably Gregor if what ScreamPaste told me about the skull-smashing feat is true (Namely that the pressure would have been about the same as a deep sea trench, assuming I'm remembering it right).

dadudemon
There is a single strength feat of Riddick's that puts him comfortably into the super-human class on strength (and, by extension, durability). Youtube vid is around, somewhere. Some dude jumps at him, when he first gets to the prison, and he holds out his arm slightly behind himself, straight out, and catches the guy. His arm doesn't move at all on impact. The guy jumped from...20-40 feet up and 10-20 feet away.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Riddick once caught a grown man in midair with a single outstretched arm (He did this in the prison brawl scene in Chronicles of Riddick). A real person would break their arm trying this, and that's probably at least one of the strength feats dadudemon had in mind when he said Riddick was stronger since I recall us discussing the feat a while back.

thumb up

Yup, that's what I have in mind.

To breaka human skull (which is the only thing it would have required because once you break it, it doesn't take as much force to continue breaking it...so you really only need the peak force required to break the skull to find the answer), this forum discussed this in depth:

http://thewolfweb.com/message_topic.aspx?topic=564853

That's not that far out of range of human strength.

Nephthys
Riddick. Rather easily.

NemeBro
Oh in the actual fight yeah Riddick would win.

Regardless of who is stronger Riddick is much faster and a better fighter. He makes Oberyn look sluggish.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
Oh in the actual fight yeah Riddick would win.

Regardless of who is stronger Riddick is much faster and a better fighter. He makes Oberyn look sluggish. Agreed, but Oberyn also had a spear to cut with. It would have been over in seconds if he went hand to hand.

There is a single strength feat of Riddick's that puts him comfortably into the super-human class on strength (and, by extension, durability). Youtube vid is around, somewhere. Some dude jumps at him, when he first gets to the prison, and he holds out his arm slightly behind himself, straight out, and catches the guy. His arm doesn't move at all on impact. The guy jumped from...20-40 feet up and 10-20 feet away.

thumb up

Yup, that's what I have in mind.

To breaka human skull (which is the only thing it would have required because once you break it, it doesn't take as much force to continue breaking it...so you really only need the peak force required to break the skull to find the answer), this forum discussed this in depth:

http://thewolfweb.com/message_topic.aspx?topic=564853

That's not that far out of range of human strength. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/game-thrones-science-behind-skull-crushing-1451200

Apparently, scientists recreated Gregors feat with a fake skull, and it took "235kg (520lb) or 2,300 Newtons of force in order to crush a human skull, which is more than double what a human is capable of".

That feat you described is pretty ridiculous though. I've never seen Riddick do anything on that level, so I would chalk that up to shitty choreography, but a feats a feat I suppose.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Agreed, but Oberyn also had a spear to cut with. It would have been over in seconds if he went hand to hand.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/game-thrones-science-behind-skull-crushing-1451200

Apparently, scientists recreated Gregors feat with a fake skull, and it took "235kg (520lb) or 2,300 Newtons of force in order to crush a human skull, which is more than double what a human is capable of".

That feat you described is pretty ridiculous though. I've never seen Riddick do anything on that level, so I would chalk that up to shitty choreography, but a feats a feat I suppose.

Excellent find, dude. That's amazing. From that other website I found, it seemed the strength required was not very far beyond human capability based on some other numbers I saw.

Also, there was, supposedly, a sumo wrestler in Japan, in the 90s, that had so much grip strength that he was, again, supposedly, able to just grab a regular human and crush their skull (this was never tested, directly...obviously, that would be murder). That's how strong Gregor is supposed to be. Definitely superhuman, but not very far beyond with humans are capable of.

Also, TBH, I think you're right about that being a really really really high-showing for Riddick. It should probably be thrown out since it greatly eclipses most of his other strength feats. But in a vs. match-up, it counts which is why I don't throw stuff like that out.

quanchi112
Riddick stomps. The Mountain is slow and stupid.

Poor Nemebro.

Arachnid1
Excellent find, dude. That's amazing. From that other website I found, it seemed the strength required was not very far beyond human capability based on some other numbers I saw.

Also, there was, supposedly, a sumo wrestler in Japan, in the 90s, that had so much grip strength that he was, again, supposedly, able to just grab a regular human and crush their skull (this was never tested, directly...obviously, that would be murder). That's how strong Gregor is supposed to be. Definitely superhuman, but not very far beyond with humans are capable of.

Also, TBH, I think you're right about that being a really really really high-showing for Riddick. It should probably be thrown out since it greatly eclipses most of his other strength feats. But in a vs. match-up, it counts which is why I don't throw stuff like that out. Yes, it happened, so its only fair. I concede for this fight I suppose.

KingD19
He has other strength feats as well.

Like sending the Lord Marshal a pretty far distance with an uppercut when he tried to steal his soul.

He's thrown Kira around with one hand effortlessly. What makes this more impressive is when he knelt down, reached over his back and flung her at someone.

He's jumped a dozen or more feet with ease.

He killed a Bio-Raptor(Pitch Black) with his bare hands.

He was punching Mud Demons unconscious or to death in the end of Riddick when his blade broke.

And he's durable enough to take a glancing hit from a gravity gun, as well as fall hundreds of feet and get crushed under rubble.

Mindset
Riddick absolutely rapes him.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
Riddick literally rapes him.

FTFY

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Riddick absolutely rapes him. thumb up

Stoic
Riddick is simply too fast, and too strong to lose this. Even if Gregor is stronger, Riddick is strong enough to hold his own, and fast enough to exploit any weakness that a heavy suit of armor would offer.

Tattoos N Scars
I think Batista's character in last film had to be atleast Gregor's strength, and Riddick defeated him.

Riddick ftw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.