Seireitei is almost 1000 miles long

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HST Gambit
According to the Bleach Movie "Fade to Black" Seireitei is 400 spirit miles for it's diameter

Kubo over seed the production of this movie by the way
http://bleachness.livejournal.com/219899.html

1 spirit mile=2.4 spirit miles

400x2.4=960 miles

This is the diameter of soul society

Now that makes Gremmy's meteor which is close to the size of seireitei that large. Then you have to factor in density and the fact it was mving at hypersonic speeds given it's flames.

If a 10km meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs was country level then something close to 960km is easily continental-multi continental.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by HST Gambit
According to the Bleach Movie "Fade to Black" Seireitei is 400 spirit miles for it's diameter

Kubo over seed the production of this movie by the way

1 spirit mile=2.4 spirit miles

400x2.4=960 miles

This is the diameter of soul society

Now that makes Gremmy's meteor which is close to the size of seireitei that large. Then you have to factor in density and the fact it was mving at hypersonic speeds given it's flames.

If a 10km meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs was country level then something close to 960km is easily continental-multi continental.

You're using a movie to determine something in cannon. You must be new. Kubo oversaw nothing of this movies production. He might have came up with a rough draft of the plot, but nothing more, nothing less.

Also, I don't get "1 spirit mile=2.4 spirit miles". What does that mean? Was it a typo? Do 2.4 miles = 1 spirit mile, or vice versa? Either way, where did you get this info?

Gremmy's meteor was nowhere near the size of the soul society, actually being around half of it. Also, you're forgetting that early on in Bleach, when Kubo was still one of the only people working on it, Shisui shunpo'ed a mile away from Sokyoku hill, and was already almost on the edge of the Seireitei. That's around a 1.5 mile radius approximately, or 3 miles diameter. Silly ol' willy.

HST Gambit
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
You're using a movie to determine something in cannon. You must be new. Kubo oversaw nothing of this movies production. He might have came up with a rough draft of the plot, but nothing more, nothing less.

Also, I don't get "1 spirit mile=2.4 spirit miles". What does that mean? Was it a typo? Do 2.4 miles = 1 spirit mile, or vice versa? Either way, where did you get this info?

Gremmy's meteor was nowhere near the size of the soul society, actually being around half of it. Also, you're forgetting that early on in Bleach, when Kubo was still one of the only people working on it, Shisui shunpo'ed a mile away from Sokyoku hill, and was already almost on the edge of the Seireitei. That's around a 1.5 mile radius approximately, or 3 miles diameter. Silly ol' willy.

Read the interview

It's the chapter where Yama explains to Orihime how to make a king's key.

I am talking about seireitei.
How did he shunpo a mile away? Was that evver said. Otherwise that's just proof shunsui is extremely fast.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by HST Gambit
Read the interview

It's the chapter where Yama explains to Orihime how to make a king's key.

I am talking about seireitei.
How did he shunpo a mile away? Was that evver said. Otherwise that's just proof shunsui is extremely fast.

I have. I saw nothing about it, so give me a direct quote or it didn't happen.

Give a scan, or drop your case.

How? He shunpo'd, genius. It was stated in the anime, but just put as "a long distance", in the manga. I figure I can use the anime more accurately than you can use movies, so it works.

Rikudo sennin
I have. I saw nothing about it, so give me a direct quote or it didn't happen.

Give a scan, or drop your case.

How? He shunpo'd, genius. It was stated in the anime, but just put as "a long distance", in the manga. I figure I can use the anime more accurately than you can use movies, so it works.

You tell him.

HST Gambit

SSJGGogeta

HST Gambit
You literally just disproved your own argument in itself. He clearly states "I try not to speak much during the recording", and even deliberately gave an example of how he assisted, which was simply giving things like the tone of the characters, the way he would imagine them. Why would he voice his complaint if he was only listening in the first place? Not to mention that listening to simple voice acting is in no way, shape or form "overseeing production".

The link you gave doesn't work, so I looked the chapter and page up on Manga panda. Anyway, all it says is that you need 100,000 human souls and a plot of spiritually saturated ground with a 1 RI radius. Nothing about miles. 1 RI converts to about 2.5 miles. Either way, if the movie said specifically that the soul society is 400 miles in diameter, then it is 400 miles in diameter. This is because, not only is the only evidence you have a single adjective that was clearly mistranslated(proven by spelling errors), but we also are lacking a key in determining whether or not the actual size of a "spirit mile" is different than a normal mile. Plus, you know, because the movie's only plea to cannon is that Kubo listened to a damn sound track.

Either way, Kubo oversaw more of the anime than any movie, considering he was directing a lot of it.

Well he did say he tried not to so aside from those examples he may have said something. He also helped in the directing so...

It says in the space between the panels that 1 SM=2.4 mile

And when was that said? And if you want to canonize the Bleach anime all together then that makes it a whole lot stronger.

Blazing Storm
http://i26.mangapanda.com/bleach/76/bleach-1587669.jpg

In 10 days, if you walk for 16 hours a day you can walk for 160 hours.

160 hours x 5 km/h = 800 km

Yep. Seireitei is easily over 800 km in diameter (which is 200 spirit miles according to the canon movie)

Blazing Storm
So a 200-400 km wide meteor will have a multi continent level impact considering a 10km meteor can lifewipe the dinosaurs and create a country sized crater

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Blazing Storm
http://i26.mangapanda.com/bleach/76/bleach-1587669.jpg

In 10 days, if you walk for 16 hours a day you can walk for 160 hours.

160 hours x 5 km/h = 800 km

Yep. Seireitei is easily over 800 km in diameter (which is 200 spirit miles according to the canon movie)

You use this same ridiculous argument every time distance comes up in Bleach.

For the last time, ORIHIME, A TYPICAL TEENAGE GIRL, ISN'T GONNA BE WALKING FOR 16 HOURS A DAY AT 5 KM/HOUR. All you're doing is completely highballing this as much as you can, without even including the fact that this is a 15-16 year olds GIRL that you're trying to scale for. This is just.. Silly. Hell, the gates were even visible from the first gate they were at. Humans can't see 800 km away. At the most, they can see light from around 10 miles to the horizon.

Not to mention, that again, the MOVIE IS NOT CANNON. Show me it happening in the manga or anime. thumb up

None of the Bleach movies are cannon. Except maybe the hell-verse one, but even that one is EXTREMELY debatable.

Blazing Storm
You use this same ridiculous argument every time distance comes up in Bleach.

For the last time, ORIHIME, A TYPICAL TEENAGE GIRL, ISN'T GONNA BE WALKING FOR 16 HOURS A DAY AT 5 KM/HOUR. All you're doing is completely highballing this as much as you can, without even including the fact that this is a 15-16 year olds GIRL that you're trying to scale for. This is just.. Silly. Hell, the gates were even visible from the first gate they were at. Humans can't see 800 km away. At the most, they can see light from around 10 miles to the horizon.

Not to mention, that again, the MOVIE IS NOT CANNON. Show me it happening in the manga or anime. thumb up

None of the Bleach movies are cannon. Except maybe the hell-verse one, but even that one is EXTREMELY debatable. Orihime is superhuman.

She did a lot of training with Yoruichi, outran the cleaner in the dangai, kept up with Ichigo, Chad and Ishida all the time they were running, and even reacted to Mayuri's explosion which requires hypersonic+ speeds.

An average human can walk for 16 hours normally if he takes 8 ours rest, and Orihime is better than an ordinary human. Heck, she can even knock out a couple of soul reapers with a karate chop.

Soooooo....Seireitei is country sized and this makes the meteor atleast small country sized.
A small country sized meteor will have a multi continent level impact

Finally, the movie was supervised by Kubo. Just like the daizenshuu of Dragonball is just supervised by Toriyama, not made by him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.