Why Loki Should Have His Own Stand Alone Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeonBuco666
Why?

He's portrayed by Tom Hiddleston.
His acting abilities are far superior to Hemsworth, Downey, Evans and Ruffalo.

Loki is a better character, Villian or not.
He is witty, cunning and more powerful than most herald tier characters.

He deserves to have his origins recited in more detail.
Theres a little story of his change to a villainous persona, before his angst with Thor, he sensed a troll on a farm, about to attack a family, he transported himself and saved the family from death...he saw the gratitude on their faces, but also the fear, in which he liked more.

And lets be honest, Loki is the most popular character from the movies.
I would pay to see it given it was by a director who knew the character.

Would you or wouldnt you want a Loki stand alone movie?

Inhuman
I like Loki in the MCU, but sometimes good characters are better in small doses.

SamZED
I disagree with Tom being a better actor than Robert D Jr
That said, he fits his role perfectly. I have no doubt that he'd pull off a solo movie and people cough..fangirls..cough... will come see it and it will do well box office -wise. I'd go see it too. But at this point I'd expect at least a couple of cameos from the Avengers.

Firefly218
The movie could bridge the gap between Thor and Avengers. The shit Loki went through and why he decided to invade earth.

LeonBuco666
Tom is more versatile and actor than Downey, Im not saying hes a bad actor, I love him in everything, he is brilliant.
But his characters all seem similar too me, wise cracking dudes BUT that portrayal of the black dude in tropic thunder was fantastic, I literally couldnt tell it was him haha.

Firefly218
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Tom is more versatile and actor than Downey, Im not saying hes a bad actor, I love him in everything, he is brilliant.
But his characters all seem similar too me, wise cracking dudes BUT that portrayal of the black dude in tropic thunder was fantastic, I literally couldnt tell it was him haha.
Both are tremendous actors. Hiddleston is more diverse, Downey is amazing in particular types of roles. Downey in Tropic Thunder was brilliant thumb up He's a better African American actor than lots of actual African American actors.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Firefly218
Both are tremendous actors. Hiddleston is more diverse, Downey is amazing in particular types of roles. Downey in Tropic Thunder was brilliant thumb up He's a better African American actor than lots of actual African American actors.
Yeah, Hiddleston couldnt portray lets say the type of character like Harry Lockhart as well as Downey BUT there are roles Hiddleston has done in which downey simply couldnt pull of at all.

Id love a stand alone film, because Hiddleston as an actor is so likeable and he portays Loki fantastically and turns him into such a brilliant menacing character.

Existere
Both are tremendous actors. Hiddleston is more diverse, Downey is amazing in particular types of roles. Downey in Tropic Thunder was brilliant thumb up He's a better African American actor than lots of actual African American actors. no expression

Firefly218
Originally posted by Existere
no expression I see you've learned how to use the smilie feature

BruceSkywalker
Loki deserves, repeat deserves his own solo film

LeonBuco666
He shouldnt be Thors little whipping ***** any more either.

JayDaDon
Hold up, Hiddleston is not FAR superior in acting to Downey jr. By any stretch of the imagination. He isn't close to as proven yet. He is very good as Loki, but Downey was considered one of the best actors of this generation BEFORE Iron man. If anything I would say they are comparable, because Loki really is the only role I've seen Hiddleston play.

Galan007
Downey in Tropic Thunder was brilliant thumb up He's a better African American actor than lots of actual African American actors. thumb up

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Hold up, Hiddleston is not FAR superior in acting to Downey jr. By any stretch of the imagination. He isn't close to as proven yet. He is very good as Loki, but Downey was considered one of the best actors of this generation BEFORE Iron man. If anything I would say they are comparable, because Loki really is the only role I've seen Hiddleston play.
So you have no idea what you're talking about.

If thats all you have seen him in then you dont know what the **** you are talking about.

He is far more versatile. He can play roles Downey cannot, period.

Watch more films with him in to get a more educated view on what you have just said.

ares834
And lets be honest, Loki is the most popular character from the movies.

In the Thor films perhaps... Because Iron Man is far more popular.

ares834
He's a better African American actor than lots of actual African American actors.

confused

laughing out loud

JayDaDon
So you have no idea what you're talking about.

If thats all you have seen him in then you dont know what the **** you are talking about.

He is far more versatile. He can play roles Downey cannot, period.

Watch more films with him in to get a more educated view on what you have just said.

You need concrete facts to state for sure Hiddleston is better. Where are all his oscars? Anything else is just your loki fangirl opinion. Everyone has roles they are better suited for, only difference between the two is one has been repeatedly called the greatest actor of this generation and one hasn't. Jonny depp is probably the single most versitile actor around but he doesnt crack the top 5 in the game today.

LeonBuco666
Its not a fangirl opinion....
Seriously?? Oscars?

Leonardo Dicaprio
Brad Pitt
Downey himself hasnt won a ****ing oscar
Edward Norton
Gary Oldman
Samuel Jackson
Depp
Ian Mckellan
Glenn Close
Travolta
Neeson

Dont talk about Oscars, they're bullshit.

Go and watch some ****ing movies with Hiddlestone in and you'll see he is more versatile than any of ther other actors in the avenger & thor.

JayDaDon
So basically you have no proof... without it there is no way to say who is (in your own words) FAR better. Even the undisputed pound 4 pound champ of acting right now, Daniel Day Lewis isnt FAR better than RDJ, so Hiddleston definitely isn't either.

LeonBuco666
Oh dear.

Insane Titan
No way on earth should Loki have his own movie, it would ruin him plus I doubt he could carry a full movie on his own.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.