HoT, Satele and Nox vs Anakin, Mace and Talzin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Another TOR vs PT thread, because who doesn't love those? wink

Takes place on Dathomir. RotS Anakin, everyone else at their best.

FreshestSlice
Hmmmm, I can see HoT being similar to Anakin in most aspects. Mace could definitely take Nox, but Satele could probably beat Talzin.

This could go either way. I say a slight edge to PT team with them coming out on more times than not, but I can see TOR Team winning.

Nephthys
What about Satele vs Mace and Nox vs Talzin?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nox could certainly hold out against or potentially defeat Talzin, but Satele should be defeated by Windu IMO. HoT should also take Anakin.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nox could certainly hold out against or potentially defeat Talzin, but Satele should be defeated by Windu IMO. HoT should also take Anakin.
Yeah, Nox could beat Talzin, and Windu should be able to defeat Satele, both good fights though. I don't know about HoT defeating Anakin however, at least not fast enough that Mace wouldn't be able to help him. HoT and Anakin are really the none factors here, I'm thinking. It's which of the others can finish their respective opponents in time to give the edge.

Nephthys
I think there are many ways it could go down depending on who dies first and who fights who. The Hero can beat anyone on Team 2 imo and Nox can beat Anakin and Talzin, but Mace can beat Nox and probably Satele, while Talzin vs Satele would be a great fight.

Overall though I think team TOR takes ***.

Stigma
Anakin has it in him to beat HoT or Satele, dunno about Nox.

Mace can take either opponent from team 1.

Talzin seems to be uber too.

Nephthys
Nox's raw power would overwhelm Anakin.

I also think people are underestimating the Hero of Tython.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nox's raw power would overwhelm Anakin.

Not sure about that. From what I've seen from Nox, which is admittedly limited, Anakin could gain the edge. A team of Nox and the HoT would destroy him however.

Not at all. I already know where they stand in TOR and they are the powerhouse of this team. That being said, nothing from them places them miles above Anakin.

HoT = Anakin, although HoT has much more balance.
HoT > Mace
Hot > Talzin

Satele < Anakin
Satele < Mace
Satele > Talzin

Nox < Anakin, they're saber feats just don't match at all
Nox > Mace, but Mace edges with Vaapad.
Nox > Talzin

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I don't understand: Weren't you the one who, rather recently, was proclaiming,

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Defeating weakened Vitiate on a nexus is a greater feat than beating RotS Sidious.

If you've changed your views that's fine, just wanted clarification.

Nephthys
Not sure about that. From what I've seen from Nox, which is admittedly limited, Anakin could gain the edge. A team of Nox and the HoT would destroy him however.

Nox is insanely powerful, able to casually pwn supremely powerful Sith like Thanaton and truly isn't that much weaker than Anakin in lightsabers tbh. She's defeated a stronger opponent than him in Khem Val and should have comparable skill with a blade going off of her feat of defeating a Sith Lord while depleted of the Force and her accolade about being just as skilled with a saber as with the Force. The only thing Anakin has is an abundance of speed feats and with Nox's power, I truly doubt he'd have a significant advantage in that area.

Furthermore, even if Anakin has a great advantage with a lightsaber, Nox is fully capable of blocking his attack with the Force.

In the end though, I just don't see Anakin standing up to her raw power. She'd overwhelm him with a lightning storm.

Not at all. I already know where they stand in TOR and they are the powerhouse of this team. That being said, nothing from them places them miles above Anakin.

Other than beating Vitiate, as well as being by far the greatest Jedi of the age in an era of powerhouses.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

WildBantha88
team 2 makes like a door and gets blasted by satele :3

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I don't understand: Weren't you the one who, rather recently, was proclaiming,

If you've changed your views that's fine, just wanted clarification.
No I haven't changed my mind on that. I don't think HoT is a saber god, is what I'm saying. They're good. Really good, but I doubt saber skills came into play with their duel against Vitiate. More of HoT's Tutaminis > Vitiate's Lightning even on nexus. Anakin has shown similar skill in sabers and TK. Anakin however lacks the self-control and forethought to defeat Sidious, so it matters not, hence my statement about balance. I consider them peers, and equals in skill, though I don't think Anakin has shown enough Tutaminis mastery or to take on Vitiate.
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nox is insanely powerful, able to casually pwn supremely powerful Sith like Thanaton and truly isn't that much weaker than Anakin in lightsabers tbh.

To my knowledge, Nox has only fought without the Force once, and not to an opponent greater than Anakin in saber feats.

I haven't seen that translated into the game anywhere. I'm also not going to act like Khem Val was in his prime.

I can't argue against this. Nox could certainly overwhelm with Lightning, the only thing I've ever seen them do anywhere, but again I've never seen anything that has shown Nox fighting someone with Anakin's speed feats.

If you say so. Nox is powerful, but I've never seen something like this from them, though again, you probably no more about this than me.

Isn't Nox more about concentrated bursts?

Never denied this. I've always been a proponent of that.

NewGuy01
Team 2.

Mace>Satele and Talzin>Nox

Nephthys
How does Talzin > Nox?

To my knowledge, Nox has only fought without the Force once, and not to an opponent greater than Anakin in saber feats.

True, but Nox won't be without the Force here. If they're able to defeat a Sith Lord without the Force through sheer skill and physical ability, I'd suggest that with the Force they'd be an extremely competent fighter.

I haven't seen that translated into the game anywhere. I'm also not going to act like Khem Val was in his prime.

Even so, in raw strength Khem was still able to punch through a massive stone slab:

GpoXtD6ZTDs

I can't argue against this. Nox could certainly overwhelm with Lightning, the only thing I've ever seen them do anywhere, but again I've never seen anything that has shown Nox fighting someone with Anakin's speed feats.

I suppose that's fair..... although Nox did defeat one of the greatest Sith duelists in the Empire, and I'd suggest such a man would hardly be slow. But I really don't see Anakin getting to Nox with a lightsaber before being defeated.

If you say so. Nox is powerful, but I've never seen something like this from them, though again, you probably no more about this than me.

Nox does it to Thanaton in their final duel. After Nox has walked through his Force Lightning and tossed him around with the Force, Thanaton charges Nox with his lightsaber. Nox just stops the blade in mid-air and forces Thanaton to kneel.

Isn't Nox more about concentrated bursts?

Meh. Either way.

FreshestSlice
Yeah, Talzin's fodder for whoever she fights.

Hmmm, I've played well past the Prologue, but I'll have to reexamine Nox sometime soon. Just never been able to stomach the story.

carthage
Team 2

Nephthys
You could read my respect thread if you wanted:

Nephthys' Super High-Level Darth Nox Respect thread.

NewGuy01
Talzin is a peer of Sidious, but I'll wait until issue 4 of SoD comes out to argue it.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Talzin is a peer of Sidious, but I'll wait until issue 4 of SoD comes out to argue it.
You're literally basing your assumption off a cover? I can't think of a better metaphor than this.

Emperordmb
I'm leaning team two. Talzin is evidently pretty uber.

carthage
Talzin bringing Dooku to his knees and Dookus evident fear of her is quite impressive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.