Hero of Tython vs. Darth Zannah and Luminara Unduli

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Two Soresu masters versus Ancient Jedi hero

FreshestSlice
Don't know if HoT can handle two duelist of this caliber, but Zannah's illusions are definitely not helping her here.

WildBantha88
team

Nephthys
Luminara will be basically a non-factor and I think that the Hero can resist Zannah's mental assault. But I'm unsure about HoT vs Zannah straight-up.

Emperordmb
Keep in mind that Zannah's mental assault, whether or not it works completely, may at least lock the Hero down long enough for Luminara to kill him.

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys
Luminara will be basically a non-factor and I think that the Hero can resist Zannah's mental assault. But I'm unsure about HoT vs Zannah straight-up.

Not sure how Luminara's a 'non factor', her mastery of Soresu was compared to Dooku's mastery of Makashi. She isn't getting one shot or killed any faster than Zannah.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage
Not sure how Luminara's a 'non factor', her mastery of Soresu was compared to Dooku's mastery of Makashi. She isn't getting one shot or killed any faster than Zannah.
Are you seriously trying to claim Luminara=Zannah? :/

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Are you seriously trying to claim Luminara=Zannah? :/

I never made that claim. As a swordsman probably but not by much, and obviously not as a force user,

Emperordmb
Good because that wouldn't make much sense.

FreshestSlice
Keep in mind that Zannah's mental assault, whether or not it works completely, may at least lock the Hero down long enough for Luminara to kill him.
In a duel without prep and a nexus, I doubt it.

carthage
Not sure her illusions would work on him either, given that he's never indicated fear of any sort.

Nephthys

Assuming Luminara can survive that long. I'm inclined to suggest the Hero would one-shot her with the Force.

carthage
^ You might be right about that one.

IDK. He isn't one shotting her in sabers, but his force abilities can likely do the job. Zannah isn't lasting long against him solo.

Nephthys
As for the mental assault, the Hero could resist Vitiate's telepathy, which is obviously a massive indication of mental strength. And she could dominate Tol Braga's mind, which was exceedingly powerful as well. Lastly she resisted Sel Makor's influence in the Dark Heart, the apex of its power and a dark place so powerful Jedi, Sith and Voss Mystics go insane just by being near it and iirc the Hero never bothered to perform the ritual to protect her from it's effects. Sel Makor is a being powerful enough to be called a threat to all existence.

The Hero likely has the greatest mental defense in the mythos imo. But I still don't think it would be easy for them to resist Zannah's attack.

carthage
Yeah, but unless the hero has some stated fear, those mental resistance feats you listed kind of render her sorcery void. There is no sense presupposing he is scared of something for Zannah to exploit. Hero takes this then.

Emperordmb
Set Harth and Sarro Xaj didn't have any stated fears either, that didn't help them very much though.

carthage
Set Harth and Sarro Xaj didn't have any stated fears either, that didn't help them very much though.

Except that Neph listed mental resistant feats that put Hero kind of above Zannah's reach. thumb up

Nephthys
Yeah, it's more than just fears. Bane described it as being immensely painful as well.

Also I'd imagine the Hero would possess some lingering effects from their time under Vitiate's control as well as their defeat by him.

I do think the Hero can resist it though.

Emperordmb
And Bane also has amazing mental feats. He still struggled with Zannah's illusions though.

carthage
And Bane also has amazing mental feats. He still struggled with Zannah's illusions though.

Except that Bane has stated daddy issues, and Hero has none whatsoever thumb up. Zannah's influence over Xaj and Harth is more of a plot device, and unless there is a stated fear by an opponent then they may or may not work. Her usage of illusions doesn't seem to veer into the realm of Kun's or Krayt's i,e using the force to trick rather than play on fear. If they did then you'd have a point.

Nephthys
The description of Zannah's attack on Set Harth:

"Sith sorcery was as much a part of the dark side as the deadly violet bolts of energy her Master unleashed from his hands, and when Bane had first recognized her talent for the subtle but devastating magics he had encouraged her studies into the arcane. From ancient texts she had learned to twist and torment the thoughts of her enemies. She could make them see nightmares as reality; she could cause their deepest fears to manifest as demons of the psyche. She could, and had, rip the minds of her enemies apart with a simple thought and a gesture.

With Set, however, she did not intend to destroy him completely. Instead she enveloped him in a cloud of utter despair and hopelessness. She reached into the innermost recesses of his mind and wrapped it in the nothingness of the void."

It isn't just primal fears. Though I doubt the HoT lacks those.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.