Sora Bulq and Plo Koon vs. Exar Kun and Darth Bane (sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Another sabers only match vs Two of the jedi order's best and two of the greatest Dark lords.

Who wins?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Team 2

Emperordmb
Team two wtf

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Team two wtf

Calm yourself Apprentice, this one shall meet his end(banishment) in due time, patience is all that is required of us..

Nephthys
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Team two wtf

carthage
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Calm yourself Apprentice, this one shall meet his end(banishment) in due time, patience is all that is required of us..

Bane isnt as skilled as Bulq, and neither is Kun in terms of mastery of all forms. Bane also isnt one shotting Koon, as Koon withstood an onslaught from a more skilled duelist i,e Ventress. As no force abilities are involved this should be a level playing field, not that it matters because the EU cult will likely decide differently

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage
Bane isnt as skilled as Bulq, and neither is Kun in terms of mastery of all forms. Bane also isnt one shotting Koon, as Koon withstood an onslaught from a more skilled duelist i,e Ventress. As no force abilities are involved this should be a level playing field, not that it matters because the EU cult will likely decide differently
This post hurts my eyes...

carthage
Bane would lose to Sora Bulq

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

carthage
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Bane would lose to just about anyone

carthage
Wouldnt go that far. Bula fighting Mace is just a better feat than anything Bane has done. Bane has never beaten anyone with his own skill

Nephthys
Bane solo's.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Would go that far. Coleman fighting Jango is just a better feat than anything Bane has done. Bane has never beaten anyone with his own skill

carthage
To be fair Coleman can probably kill Bane

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm lying.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

agreed

FreshestSlice
Are you serious? Coleman is a Council level Jedi Master. Of course he beats Bane. Nowhere near a fair matchup.

WildBantha88
Coleman could attack suddenly and without Bane noticing

carthage
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Are you serious? Coleman is a Council level Jedi Master. Of course he beats Bane. Nowhere near a fair matchup.

And you know this, how? DOE Bane has never actually had a fight with anyone on equal terms without an amp. Its entirely possible the master Trebor could destroy Bane

Emperordmb
Its entirely possible the master Trebor could destroy Bane
watch?v=3_8DUsl1Ea4

FreshestSlice
And you know this, how? DOE Bane has never actually had a fight with anyone on equal terms without an amp. Its entirely possible the master Trebor could destroy Bane
Read what you just quoted again.

carthage
DOE Bane has never beaten anyone in a fair fight. There is nothing to reread Trebor might lose, but then again he might not given how weak Bane admitted he is and because of Bane's laughable dueling feats.

Emperordmb
DOE Bane has never beaten anyone in a fair fight. There is nothing to reread Trebor might lose, but then again he might not given how weak Bane admitted he is and because of Bane's laughable dueling feats.
If you aren't trolling, I'd recommend you get a brain scan or something.

carthage
I think he could beat Trebor tbh wih massive difficulty though. Bane without an amp in terms of dueling feats is laughably dismal though.

carthage
Anyway, back to the topic. Anyone go an analysis for Bane vs. Plo?, it should be close

FreshestSlice
I never said Trebor would lose to Bane. confused

carthage
I misread you. Can you ever forgive me?

Emperordmb
Whose sock is this?

WildBantha88
Emperordmb will attack him with the force suddenly, and without PT noticing

carthage
big grin

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by CaptainRexfan
CHING crack kong!

Wasn't insulting other ethnicities and cultures why you were banned, to begin with?

On topic, Team 2. I find it ridiculous to continue to insinuate that Bane was shoddy in sabers because he was amped, yet overlook the fact that his opponents were amp, as well.

The duel on Lehon: both were amped.

The duel on Tython: Bane had orbalisks, and the Jedi team had Battle Meditation. In fact, you could argue the BM amp was more beneficial.

The duel on Ambria: both were amped.

And as far as Bane and Trebor goes, one of Bane's feats involved him standing in the middle of a storm, deflecting every rain drop that would've landed on him. What has Trebor shown, other than the inability to block more than 2 blaster bolts in a row?

carthage
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
Wasn't insulting other ethnicities and cultures why you were banned, to begin with?

On topic, Team 2. I find it ridiculous to continue to insinuate that Bane was shoddy in sabers because he was amped, yet overlook the fact that his opponents were amp, as well.

The duel on Lehon: both were amped.

The duel on Tython: Bane had orbalisks, and the Jedi team had Battle Meditation. In fact, you could argue the BM amp was more beneficial.

The duel on Ambria: both were amped.

And as far as Bane and Trebor goes, one of Bane's feats involved him standing in the middle of a storm, deflecting every rain drop that would've landed on him. What has Trebor shown, other than the inability to block more than 2 blaster bolts in a row?

Thank you for reemphasizing the point I made about Bane never winning any match he's ever had without an amp/boost. Also there is no way the Jedi's BM compared to Bane's amp, speed boost, invulnerability, and the fact only one duelist posed a serious threat. Even then weakling Bane was protected and she did ZERO damage, why would BM be more effective when they can't even damage their opponent and the rest of the Jedi suck?

Bane is shoddy in sabers because he lacks off nexus feats to prove he is on the level of the other duelists Bulq and Koon.

Kalen Sykes
Thank you for reemphasizing the point I made about Bane never winning any match he's ever had without an amp/boost. Also there is no way the Jedi's BM compared to Bane's amp, speed boost, invulnerability, and the fact only one duelist posed a serious threat. Even then weakling Bane was protected and she did ZERO damage, why would BM be more effective when they can't even damage their opponent and the rest of the Jedi suck?

Bane is shoddy in sabers because he lacks off nexus feats to prove he is on the level of the other duelists Bulq and Koon.

The orbalisks allowed him to fight evenly with a Jedi battlemaster, affected by BM, employing the same style of fighting that he almost lost too on Lehon. You're always so focused on Bane, you fail to see the duels completely. Factoring in amps, Bane fought on even footing each time.

And mastering all 7 Forms is great, but it didn't help Sora against Dooku's 1 form on Bakura.

carthage
The orbalisks allowed him to fight evenly with a Jedi battlemaster, affected by BM, employing the same style of fighting that he almost lost too on Lehon. You're always so focused on Bane, you fail to see the duels completely. Factoring in amps, Bane fought on even footing each time.

And mastering all 7 Forms is great, but it didn't help Sora against Dooku's 1 form on Bakura.

So you're saying Bane couldn't fight with her without an amp? Lol. Thanks for admitting to me for the second time he needs a boost. Onde again the BM is nowhere near the Orbalisk boost bane received, the fact Raskta was the only competent duelist, and the fact none of her strikes could damage him, the fact she had no force abilities to speak of, and the fact he simply was invulnerable. I agree though that Bane couldn't fight her without an amp for either, given his poor performance against Kasaayeeem.

Really? You mean like it didn't help him stay alive against a far superior duelist i,e Mace Windu?

Kalen Sykes
So you're saying Bane couldn't fight with her without an amp? Lol. Thanks for admitting to me for the second time he needs a boost. Onde again the BM is nowhere near the Orbalisk boost bane received, the fact Raskta was the only competent duelist, and the fact none of her strikes could damage him, the fact she had no force abilities to speak of, and the fact he simply was invulnerable. I agree though that Bane couldn't fight her without an amp for either, given his poor performance against Kasaayeeem.

Really? You mean like it didn't help him stay alive against a far superior duelist i,e Mace Windu?

Windu wasn't a far superior duelist to Dooku, especially by that time. Besides, you're acting like Windu was giing for the kill immediately. By that logic, Ventress fought evenly with Windu, when she is clearly an inferior duelist. It makes more sense he would try to just defeat and capture Bulq, so the Jefi coukd find out what he knows.

carthage
Windu wasn't a far superior duelist to Dooku, especially by that time. Besides, you're acting like Windu was giing for the kill immediately. By that logic, Ventress fought evenly with Windu, when she is clearly an inferior duelist. It makes more sense he would try to just defeat and capture Bulq, so the Jefi coukd find out what he knows.

Many sources regard Dooku and Windu as equals, Bulq is also regarded as one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi order's history. So Bulq fighting Windu on even terms at least shows that the skill level between them is slight, Windu is doubtlessly superior but he still was at least slightly pressured by him. Also your second quote is a red herring:

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/members/1/322/321317/thumb_620x2000/Mace_Windu_vs_Asajj_Ventress_part_3.JPG

Ironically, Mace even states Ventress is no match for him. She runs so there goes your statement.

Kalen Sykes
I'm not saying Bulq isn't skilled, just that mastering all 7 Forms doesn't automatically make someone a better duelist than an opponent who focuses on 1. A broader range, sure.

carthage
Sure it does considering his feat, and considering how skilled Mace is in comparison with Bane.

Kalen Sykes
Again, it didn't help against Dooku, who was more impressed with Tholme than Bulq. His duel with Windu also ended with him losing, getting knocked unconscious in rubble. This is also the same person that died to Quinlan Vos, however you want to explain it.

Nephthys
Debating with Carthage:

https://38.media.tumblr.com/80d3433e5fe4ba94ccadd190a2a1ed6e/tumblr_n7szvsYM1F1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Stigma
Carthage might be right about Bulq vs Bane. Bulq should take the majority in sabers only fight.

Raptor22
I'm not saying Bulq isn't skilled, just that mastering all 7 Forms doesn't automatically make someone a better duelist than an opponent who focuses on 1. A broader range, sure. why do u even bother? This is his opinion on mastering the 7 forms in another thread. Kind of different than this one huh?

"Nothing indicates he is skilled at all other than Banes unsubstantiated opinion. Knowing seven forms doesnt make him a good duelist"-carthage

carthage
Originally posted by Raptor22
why do u even bother? This is his opinion on mastering the 7 forms in another thread. Kind of different than this one huh?

"Nothing indicates he is skilled at all other than Banes unsubstantiated opinion. Knowing seven forms doesnt make him a good duelist"-carthage

Except the fact that he fought Windu? Are you daft? He has dueling feats unlike Ka'sim? He is more skilled than Bane by a wide margin

carthage
Debating with Carthage:

https://38.media.tumblr.com/80d3433e5fe4ba94ccadd190a2a1ed6e/tumblr_n7szvsYM1F1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Considering you've been called out for willingly disavowing feats of PT characters, you haven't got much room to talk.

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by Raptor22
why do u even bother? This is his opinion on mastering the 7 forms in another thread. Kind of different than this one huh?

Mostly, because I keep trying to understand his viewpoint, but you're right.

carthage
Mostly, because I keep trying to understand his viewpoint, but you're right.

Ka'sim has no dueling feats unlike Bulq. Its a false analogy. Bulq's skill of the seven forms and skill level kept him alive fighting Windu, helped him defeat Tholme, and his accolade unlike Ka'sim's is actually valid. Not sure what's so terribly difficult to understand here.

Kalen Sykes
Ka'sim has no dueling feats unlike Bulq. Its a false analogy. Bulq's skill of the seven forms and skill level kept him alive fighting Windu, helped him defeat Tholme, and his accolade unlike Ka'sim's is actually valid. Not sure what's so terribly difficult to understand here.

His losses against Dooku and Vos, for starters. Mastering all 7 Forms can give you anvedge in a fight, but it does not automatically make you a better duelist than someone who ficused on 1. Are you saying Bulq could beat ROTS Anakin or Obi-Wan?

Kalen Sykes
Debating with Carthage:

It's like a wreck on the highway. The more I know I shoukd turn awsy, the more difficult it is to do so.

carthage
His losses against Dooku and Vos, for starters. Mastering all 7 Forms can give you anvedge in a fight, but it does not automatically make you a better duelist than someone who ficused on 1?
It makes Bulq a better duelist given Bane has never defeated anyone without an amp, boost, orbalisks etc and he is less skilled. Had Bane beaten someone of note/fought someone on Windu's (or anyone's level), then we could gauge his ability versus Bulq.

Lol no considering both of those individuals are better duelists by order of their feats in spite of being technically less skilled. Both of them would kill him. Bane has no feats that put him as better than either in a sabers only match though.

Kalen Sykes
It makes Bulq a better duelist given Bane has never defeated anyone without an amp, boost, orbalisks etc and he is less skilled. Had Bane beaten someone of note/fought someone on Windu's (or anyone's level), then we could gauge his ability versus Bulq.

Bane has also never faced anyone who wasn't amped. You keep skipping over that. Regardless of how you feel about Battle Meditation, it not only evened the playing field, it was actually turning the tide of battle slowly in the Jedi's favor. Enough of that, though. I don't think we will change each others opinion on that, so there's no need in continuing this endless cycle.

Lol no considering both of those individuals are better duelists by order of their feats in spite of being technically less skilled. Both of them would kill him. Bane has no feats that put him as better than either in a sabers only match though.

Fighting Windu and doing no better than Ventress (who Windu himself said was not his equal) isn't a gold star in his favor. Especially when his other showings have been lackluster (Dooku, Vos). Like I said before, Dooku was more impressed by Tholme, than Bulq and his 7 Form mastery.

carthage
Ventress didn't technically fight Windu though, she exchanged a few blows, admitted she was no match for him and ran. Bulq pressed Windu as hard as he could, and the fight lasted for panels. True Windu one shot him with a force push lol, but he still fought. Not really true, when Dooku one shot Bulq, he mentioned he was impressed more by Bulq's affinity for the darkside over Tholme's flirtations of it. Not sure what that has to do with his saber ability, Dooku also said Vos's form was appalling

Kalen Sykes
Ventress didn't technically fight Windu though, she exchanged a few blows, admitted she was no match for him and ran. Bulq pressed Windu as hard as he could, and the fight lasted for panels. True Windu one shot him with a force push lol, but he still fought. Not really true, when Dooku one shot Bulq, he mentioned he was impressed more by Bulq's affinity for the darkside over Tholme's flirtations of it. Not sure what that has to do with his saber ability, Dooku also said Vos's form was appalling

Dooku may have not liked Tholme's flirtations with the dark side, but he was definitely more impressed with Tholme's dueling skills. The Vos comment was more because of your comment regarding masters of all forms being automatically better in a duel than masters of 1 or 2. Yeah, the Vos scene wasn't great, but it's just one of a few seperate instances where masters of 1 form have defeate fighters with a broader range. Again, I'm not saying Bulq isn't skilled (he is), but I can see Kun defeating him, while Bane defeats Koon. Team 2 wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.