The Best Non Force Sensitive Pilot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kalen Sykes
I hope this is in the right area. It didn't seem like a versus thread.

I'm going with Soontir Fel.

Based
Fel is a badass, his story got lame though.

Q99
Well, Wedge and Han are top pilots. Tycho.

Oh yes, Rookie One from Rebel Assault!

truejedi
Boba or Jango perhaps?

Kalen Sykes
I like to look at what they flew, as well. Fel used either a standard TIE Fighter or TIE Interceptor. By the ime of Endor, he had built up an illustrious career in fighters that most pilots hoped to just survive 1 year in. Tycho Celchu is good, too, but he was taught by Fel, as was Derek "Hobbie" Klivian. In fact, only Wedge was seen as Fel's rival as the greatest pilot in the galaxy, after Vader's death.

truejedi
No shields means high turnover I bet.

truejedi
Who are you exactly? Not Rudy, surely?

Emperordmb
it's PTforthewin

truejedi
I guess I have to look that guy up. Might be after my time, or else I just don't remember him.

truejedi
Yep, way after my time. Makes me think of Fallout: Trolling, Trolling never changes.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by CaptainRexfan
Damn emporer I thought we was homies u tellin all the hood rats dat I'm da one dat can't be named!
It's obvious as ****.

truejedi
Speaking of Iraq: That's some heavy stuff they are going through right now. I kinda have a problem with militant Islam.

Kalen Sykes
it's funny how the greatest pilots are from the rebellion, and there are not many known imperial pilots

Soontir Fel and Marek Stele come to mind. Also, some of those great Rebel pilots defected from the Empire: Tycho Celchu, Biggs Darklighter, Derek Klivian, to name a few.

truejedi
Change the comic, you're not? Even with punctuation those words don't mean anything.

truejedi
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
Soontir Fel and Marek Stele come to mind. Also, some of those great Rebel pilots defected from the Empire: Tycho Celchu, Biggs Darklighter, Derek Klivian, to name a few.

No shields meant no learning from their mistakes in the empire. No way to get better when they were always just dead.

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by truejedi
No shields meant no learning from their mistakes in the empire. No way to get better when they were always just dead.

It also meant a higher learning curve. You're more susceptible to mistakes, with shields catching a few stray shots. TIE pilots didn't have that luxury. No shields meant that everything had to be perfect. No need to learn from your mistakes, if you didn't make any.

Q99
it's funny how the greatest pilots are from the rebellion, and there are not many known imperial pilots

Originally posted by Kalen Sykes

Well, we focus on them less. There's no 'TIE fighter' book series like there is an X-wing one, after all.

The ones I know of note are Vader (of course), Soontir Fel and Maarek Stele (Of the TIE Fighter games, force sensitive) as Kalen mentioned, and Gunn Yage from Legacy.

Originally posted by truejedi

Mind you, the learning curve wasn't *that* different- in the movies, one burst would regularly kill a shielded ship and TIEs were giving almost as good as they got at Endor. Shields mostly helped against glancing hits.

Fated Xtasy
Um ima go old school on your asses and say Rhys Dallows, Nym, Vana Sage from the Star Wars: Starfighters game. those three fought through highly impossible odds imo.

Darth Abonis
Gradd. In new canon, he is said to be the best pilot in the Empire after Darth Vader.

Tzeentch
Lando

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Lando

Lando was very good, as was Han, Jango, and Boba. I would still give the edge to Soontir Fel, followed closely behind by Wedge, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.