Why can't sony do spider-man right? (SPOILERS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Okay so this is gonna be a pretty long rant but I guess the thread title says it all. They can't get a spider-man movie right, the first one with Tobey was mediocre and was only a huge deal because spider-man was finally getting a movie. The green goblin costume was terrible, a power ranger reject suit and whats worse...is they actually had a costume previous to that, that they didn't use and it looked just like the comic GG

http://maxcdn.fooyoh.com/files/attach/images/1068/558/875/006/green_goblin_spider_man_screen_test.jpg

facepalm

The second movie I liked, I won't lie, it was enjoyable. It was awkward when Peter started rambling on with some poetry directed at MJ but was still good and that train fight...so the second movie was one they got right...then came the third film. So sandman is suddenly Uncle Ben's killer, Gwen Stacy gets thrown into the mix as a character who Pete uses to make MJ jealous, Venom looks ridiculous and the symbiote costume...makes Peter emo...and dance...that movie was awful. Okay so we'll move onto Amazing spider-man which I guess I can't complain about too much, I liked Garfield as spider-man but once again they make the villain look so f*cking stupid. Now...amazing spider-man 2, I was so excited...they had the perfect costume for spider-man...looked just like the comics...they had electro who looked pretty damn freaking cool...then...then they added the rhino...in a robot costume...a bad looking robot costume...and Harry as the Green Gobin once again making the Green Goblin look absolutely shit but managing to actually make it worse. So what do they go and do, they have Harry f*cking kill Gwen Stacy...I was hoping, praying that Norman would be the one to do it but no...they change it to Harry which IMO shits on the whole Norman/Peter bitter enemies to the end. And then the Rhino gets about 10 minutes right at the end. I worry for the Venom movie, which was meant to be out about...what...6 years ago? And the sinister six movie and amazing spider-man 3. Maybe I'll be surprised but seriously, when spider-man gets another reboot (which it will) then I hope it's not Sony who is behind the reigns this time. By the way, the shit rhino look is the fans fault according to them erm

Arachnid1
Agreed on everything except the first Tobey movie being bad, it was awesome, and Green Goblin was awesome, even though he didn't look the part.

steverules_2
I think the GG character was done pretty well...but the story as a whole felt kinda weak. Also in spider-man 2 I had a problem with him removing his mask in front of a train load of people, he takes his mask off cause it's damaged or something...then he gets it back...who the hell got his mask for him anyways? I mean he took it off outside the train yet some how someone on there managed to get it...plus his mask was fine!

NemeBro
Green Goblin's comic costume in live-action would look terrible. It already kind of looks terrible in the comics.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
Green Goblin's comic costume in live-action would look terrible. It already kind of looks terrible in the comics. If Thor, Loki, Joker, Spidey himself, and the Hulk can be pulled off in live action, so can the Green Goblin. The dudes costume looks ****ing awesome IMO. I don't see a problem with the basic costume working. Even if they have to make a few tweeks, as long as they have the purple and green color scheme, the glider, and the cap or a hood, there is no way it can fail. Goblin isn't that hard to pull off, and would be miles better than the power ranger, and snowboarder, and whatever the hell ASM2 was.

https://img.neoseeker.com/ca/marvel_ultimate_alliance_2_conceptart_kRg4H.jpg

http://4nabs.com/upload/local1/Green_Goblin_fan_art_image_1XVsO0duje.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/MrDelicious/Goblin.jpg

steverules_2
That would work well

Kotor3
I liked AMS2. I like this version better than any of the other Spiderman movies. If we really are going to break down all the things that they did wrong in the Spiderman movies than AMS2 has the least amount.
It was the most enjoyable for me. Tobey versions, I liked the second one but only because of the actor who played the villain.
I feel the Amazing Spiderman versions of at least going in the right direction.

Zack Fair
thumb up@Kotor They get Spidey right and that is all that matters to me.

Kotor3
Agreed!

uploadingco
After the old peter, spider man is not worth watching, but before that it was a good watch.

zeel
The last spiderman movie made over 500 million over seas alone. Apparently the euro's liked it. I personally liked the flick just thought rhino looked like crap minus that it was a great flick. One other thing bout the movie it seemed a bit over played I personally am getting tired of reboots I would like to see new ideas...............but seems no one seems to want to experiment with anything new.

Zack Fair
I liked it too. Rhino was retarded and the film felt a little longer than it should have but overall a welcome addition to the ever growing list of awesome comic book movies.

Nowadays it feels like Hollywood can't get anything right other than these movies lol.

0mega Spawn
These superhero movies in general are getting old...
im tired of being fed the same regurgitated heroes.

Zack Fair
Sucks to be you 131

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by steverules_2
Also in spider-man 2 I had a problem with him removing his mask in front of a train load of people, he takes his mask off cause it's damaged or something...then he gets it back...who the hell got his mask for him anyways? I mean he took it off outside the train yet some how someone on there managed to get it...plus his mask was fine!

I can understand the need to take off the damaged mask & then accept a simple plot hole that it wasn't damaged when the kids gave it back to him...that whole train stopping scene was so intense to let the minor details slip.

However in ASM what peed me off wast Peter walking around the corridors of HIS HIGH-SCHOOL dressed as Spidey but without his mask looking for The Lizard...that was just plain stupid on every level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.