Revan vs Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperordmb
Who wins dis shit?

carthage
Revan dies and Kun kills Bane

Sinious
It's a good one. Due to his centuries of experience and his achievements during KOTOR, I'm more obliged to say Revan but its a really close one.

Sinious
If Kun could come close and keep it a saber fight for long enough, he would be able kill Revan though.

carthage
Revan struggled with a guard and Mandalorian, lol. Kun's saber feats are better. Kun would also trash Malak and anyone Revan fought, no one Revan fought is on par with Ulic

DarthAnt66
What guard/Mandalorian did Revan struggle with?

NewGuy01
He's talking about Mandalore the Ultimate.

DarthAnt66
Mandalore was confirmed to have been "no match" for Revan in that fight. erm

NewGuy01
Vitiate was confirmed to have been no match for the Hero of Tython as well. Does that mean Revan isn't either? =O

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Vitiate was confirmed to have been no match for the Hero of Tython as well. Does that mean Revan isn't either? =O
Revan can't even stand up to Satele.

carthage
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

thumb up

DarthAnt66
I lol'ed.

Based
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

carthage
I laughed because at least she has actual feats thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I lol'ed.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I lol'ed.

NTJack0
Exar spanks this noob.

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by Sinious
It's a good one. Due to his centuries of experience and his achievements during KOTOR, I'm more obliged to say Revan but its a really close one.

What centuries of experience? Revan was held captive for 300 years and helped postpone Vitiate's invasion of the Republic, with the help of Surik's Force ghost. I say Exar Kun wins.

Kotor3
Revan always.

carthage
Originally posted by Kotor3
Revan always.

thumb up

Sinious
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
What centuries of experience? Revan was held captive for 300 years and helped postpone Vitiate's invasion of the Republic, with the help of Surik's Force ghost. I say Exar Kun wins.

He was constantly tortured by one of the 2 most powerful siths in the entire mythos who is also no.1 in mindraping.

Its true that Revan didn't spend those years fighting or training but he endured and survived Vitiate's torments for 300 years.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

And Exar Kun died way too early. He would have been one of the greatest force users ever had he survived the war he started. He would probably be in top 5 siths but like I said, he died way too early to master the force the way Revan did.

truejedi
Kun's amulets > all, right? He just had superior weapons. It's like saying Othune with death star vs. the Planet of Alderaan. in that situation Othune>complete population of Alderaan.

Kalen Sykes
He was constantly tortured by one of the 2 most powerful siths in the entire mythos who is also no.1 in mindraping.

Its true that Revan didn't spend those years fighting or training but he endured and survived Vitiate's torments for 300 years.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

And Exar Kun died way too early. He would have been one of the greatest force users ever had he survived the war he started. He would probably be in top 5 siths but like I said, he died way too early to master the force the way Revan did.

The only experience that would give you is the knowledge of how much being tortured hurts. Also, he didn't endure it due to his own defenses, alone. Surik's spirit was very important in strengthening Revan over those years. While I agree that Kun died to early and could've been top 5 had he had more time to train and grow in the darkside, he was already one of the greatest Force users when he perished.

Sinious
The only experience that would give you is the knowledge of how much being tortured hurts. Also, he didn't endure it due to his own defenses, alone. Surik's spirit was very important in strengthening Revan over those years.

I wouldn't deem it as such a useless experience.

I agree with you if you're saying Kun's potential > Revan's potential but Revan reached his potential where Kun didn't have that chance.

Reborn Revan > Exar Kun

Kalen Sykes
I wouldn't deem it as such a useless experience.

I'm not saying a useless experience, but I fail to see how useful it will be in a fight. I don't see Kun trying to torture Revan the way Vitiate did. Besides, which version of Revan is this?

Sinious
I'm not saying a useless experience, but I fail to see how useful it will be in a fight. I don't see Kun trying to torture Revan the way Vitiate did. Besides, which version of Revan is this?

Peak(Reborn) since its not specified.

Even without the centuries of tortures, Revan is more experienced.

What feat of Kun makes you think that he is above Revan? Could you specify please

Kalen Sykes
Peak(Reborn) since its not specified.

Even without the centuries of tortures, Revan is more experienced.

What feat of Kun makes you think that he is above Revan? Could you specify please

I think he could defeat Revan though his skill in sabers. He was the greatest duelist of his era (an era not far removed from Revan's.) and never lost a duel, even defeating the battle-master of the Jedi Order, Vodo-Siosk Baas. In fact, only Ulic Qel-Droma could fight him on even ground, and that was before he increased his power and prowess as a Dark Lord of the Sith. His ability to tear Luke's spirit from his body was impressive, as was his ability to freeze the entire Republic Senate (thousands of people) while dueling his former master. The game changer, to me, would be his amulet blast, though. I was going with TOR Revan, since you brought up his time as Vitiate's prisoner. Revan was absent a few marbles when he fought the Sith strike team. Even using Reborn Revan, I would give this battle to Kun. Revan is very powerful and may well have the edge in Force techniques (using both sides), but Kun's saber skills, combined with his Force usage, sorcery, and amulet blasts would give him the edge, imo.

Sinious
Its a reasonable argument.

I personally think:

Sabers: Kun

Force: Revan

All out: I will go with Revan for now but I am open to other possibilities.

If Revan can keep it a ranged force fight, he would break Kun at some point but like I said before, if Kun can manage to defend against Revan's force attacks without tiring and fight him with saber at the same time, he would get the chance to kill Revan.

carthage
In a range fight Revan would get blown to smitherines due to Kuns blasts. In a sabers fight he'd be crushed by a downward strike like how Kun killed Vodo, and in other areas Kun could just send him flying like he did to Sylvar. Revans got nothing

DarthAnt66
Revan is capable of defending himself and overcoming fighters who are "extraordinary" in lightsaber combat through his awesome command of the Force, as well with his own saber skills. Kun won't win this via combat prowess.

carthage
Revan struggled with non force sensitives and is featless as a duelist. Kun has bette dueling feats. Kun will force Revan to eat his mask while he cries

truejedi
I'm a little sad because the Revan novel destroyed the "Revan won by being very sneaky and laying down mines." argument.

DarthAnt66
@carthage Don't try to have a debate with me because when I respond, you don't even bother to reply back.
I am willing to actually have a Revan debate with you. Do you accept? Because I'm not typing if you don't respond. Your never respond.

Kalen Sykes
Its a reasonable argument.

I personally think:

Sabers: Kun

Force: Revan

All out: I will go with Revan for now but I am open to other possibilities.

If Revan can keep it a ranged force fight, he would break Kun at some point but like I said before, if Kun can manage to defend against Revan's force attacks without tiring and fight him with saber at the same time, he would get the chance to kill Revan.

That's similar to my thinking, except I have Kun winning the overall. Honestly, these two combatants are very close and whoever emerges the victor would likely win 6/10. Just my 2 credits, of course.

carthage
Sanity prevails

Board Walker
Revan holds an extreme advantage in this fight due to his ability to absorb force powers, revan could just absorb kun's lasers and redirect them at Kun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.