Archilles/Maximus vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Can the duo take out Cap? They both have their sword's and Cap has his shield.

Archilles is from the movie Troy and Maximus is from Gladiator.

Zack Fair
They die.

Newjak
They get stomped.

carver9
They really don't. I don't think you all are taking their ft into context here.

Newjak
Originally posted by carver9
They really don't. I don't think you all are taking their ft into context here. I am Cap is too strong, fast, agile and his shield is going to break their weapons easily.

Time Immemorial
Achilles is just as fast, if not faster then Cap in combat speed.

He ran up a beach sand dune by himself taking out countless people with a sword and shield.

Cap would have a hard enough time taking Achilles down by himself, adding in Maximus. Negative.

Zack Fair
No.

Cap punches them out cold.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Zack Fair
No.

Cap punches them out cold.

Nope he loses a hand tying to punch Achilles. Let's see him regrow that one.

Time Immemorial
Can the duo take out Cap? They both have their sword's and Cap has his shield.

Archilles is from the movie Troy and Maximus is from Gladiator.

And btw its Achilles, not Archilles.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Newjak
I am Cap is too strong, fast, agile and his shield is going to break their weapons easily.

He isn't breaking their weapons, he tries to throw punches, his arm will get cut off, he tries to throw his shield Achilles will relieve him of it by grabbing it, blocking it with his shield or ducking. He has no sword training against someone like Achilles or Maximus.

Zack Fair
No.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Nope he loses a hand tying to punch Achilles. Let's see him regrow that one. Or he could just bash him with his shield.

I haven't even seen Winter Soldier and I know Cap wins.

NemeBro
He isn't breaking their weapons They're made of bronze.

He'd snap them like toothpicks.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by NemeBro
Or he could just bash him with his shield.

I haven't even seen Winter Soldier and I know Cap wins.

Maybe against one of them, not both.

playa1258
Cap ftw

Time Immemorial
They're made of bronze.

They're made of bronze.

Lol, unknown what the weapons were made of, but lets go with indestructible since caps shield is indestructible, otherwise its pretty stupid.

Caps gonna just grab swords and the two are just gonna let their swords be taken?

Zack Fair
LoL.

Would have been better if it was Leonidas instead of Maximus. And they'd still lose.

Time Immemorial
LoL.

Would have been better if it was Leonidas instead of Maximus. And they'd still lose lol.

Leonidas feats pale in comparison to Achilles, that would have been and even worse stomp. More like spite. Achilles would run circles around Leonidas.

NemeBro
Lol, unknown what the weapons were made of, but lets go with indestructible since caps shield is indestructible, otherwise its pretty stupid. How's about go **** yourself? thumb up

They were made of Bronze. The Greeks and Trojans fought with Bronze weapons in The Iliad.

Though a correction: Gladius' were apparently made of steel.

Time Immemorial
How's about go **** yourself? thumb up

They were made of Bronze. The Greeks and Trojans fought with Bronze weapons in The Iliad.

Achilles sword cut through a stone. Doubtful a bronze sword could have done that.

Carver sucks at making threads, otherwise he would have spelled Achilles name right and make it with indestructible weapons.

He sabotaged his own thread.

Zack Fair
Leonidas feats pale in comparison to Achilles, that would have been and even worse stomp. More like spite. Achilles would run circles around Leonidas. Are you being stupid on purpose?

Time Immemorial
Are you being stupid on purpose?

No are you, did you even watch Troy? Anyone that says Leonidas feats are greater then Achilles has never seen Troy or didn't watch the movie sober.

Please list Leonidas great feats over Achilles.

Robtard

They would have had Xiphos for swords, which would be made of iron in 1250ish BC.

Zack Fair
No are you, did you even watch Troy? Anyone that says Leonidas feats are greater then Achilles has never seen Troy or didn't watch the movie sober.

Please list Leonidas great feats over Achilles. Yes you are being stupid on purpose.

Time Immemorial
Yes you are being stupid on purpose.

Pretty sure your talking out your ass Zach and never saw Troy.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Robtard
They would have had Xiphos for swords, which would be made of iron in 1250ish BC. They would have had Xiphos' for Roman Gladiators?

That seems highly unlikely.

NemeBro
Pretty sure your talking out your ass Zach and never saw Troy. He said Leonidas has better feats than Maximus, not Achilles.

Zack Fair
Pretty sure your talking out your ass Zach and never saw Troy. At this point you're arguing with yourself so

Yes you are being stupid on purpose.

Time Immemorial
At this point you're arguing with yourself so

Should I make a Leonidas vs Achilles thread?

Been done..

Leonidas lost..

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t486102.html

NemeBro
Supra you're being an idiot.

Zack Fair
Should I make a Leonidas vs Achilles thread?

Been done..

Leonidas lost..

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t486102.html http://blog.chron.com/tubular/files/2014/05/ron-swanson-computer.gif

Robtard
They would have had Xiphos' for Roman Gladiators?

That seems highly unlikely.

My error. Was thinking it was Achilles and Hector.

Time Immemorial
Trolling means you lost fan boy.

Zack Fair
facepalm

Robtard
Trolling means you lost fan boy.

Zack. Did. Not. Claim. That. Leonidas. Was. Better. Than. Achilles.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Zack. Did. Not. Claim. That. Leonidas. Was. Better. Than. Achilles.

Lol, ok.

KingD19
Maximus lasts a few seconds max. Them both having blades means Cap will be taking this seriously. Maximus gets booted away, and Achilles puts up a brief fight before Cap's combo of higher strength, comparable skill, and higher speed overwhelm him.

carver9
For this thread, lets not include their weapons being damaged. That's a lame argument tbh.

Newjak
For this thread, lets not include their weapons being damaged. That's a lame argument tbh. Very well Cap still wins even without breaking their weapons.

He is still way too strong for them.

Achilles may be as fast, maybe, but Cap will still bust him up.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Newjak
Very well Cap still wins even without breaking their weapons.

He is still way too strong for them.

Achilles may be as fast, maybe, but Cap will still bust him up.

He struggled with Batroc and Achilles would put Batroc in the dirt, its not as clear as you make it. The giant Achilles fought was 3 times his size and strength and Achilles put him in the dirt. Strength has nothing to do with a sword and shield fight. To add cap lacks the sword and usually tosses his shield at the first sign of trouble.

KingD19
He struggled with Batroc and Achilles would put Batroc in the dirt, its not as clear as you make it. The giant Achilles fought was 3 times his size and strength and Achilles put him in the dirt. Strength has nothing to do with a sword and shield fight. To add cap lacks the sword and usually tosses his shield at the first sign of trouble.

Now who's lowballing? Once Cap got serious he put Batroc down in moments.

And Achilles didn't even really fight the champion. He took advantage of his speed, got a critical hit, and he died. He didn't even move.

Strength has a lot to do with a sword and shield fight, especially when the strongest guy is also highly skilled and fast as hell.

And we all know Cap would never toss his shield if he was going up against 2 guys with swords.

Silent Master
Originally posted by KingD19

And Achilles didn't even really fight the champion. He took advantage of his speed, got a critical hit, and he died. He didn't even move.

Strength has a lot to do with a sword and shield fight, especially when the strongest guy is also highly skilled and fast as hell.

And we all know Cap would never toss his shield if he was going up against 2 guys with swords.

Very true.

Time Immemorial

Nah not really a low ball to say he had trouble with someone extremely fast and talented. I actually have a basis for an opinion because of the Batroc fight..

Cap doesn't have a sword so your second point is invalid.

Cap tosses his shield at guys with ranged weapons, why would he not toss it at people with swords?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Silent Master
Very true.

Says the guy who worships Batroc.

DTM
Cap would beat Achilles and Maximus, but they would make him work for it.

RJ 2.0
Maximus lasts a few seconds max. Them both having blades means Cap will be taking this seriously. Maximus gets booted away, and Achilles puts up a brief fight before Cap's combo of higher strength, comparable skill, and higher speed overwhelm him. Lol no. Cap can only block in one direction at a time. Achilles and Maximus are seasoned warriors and would make an incredible team, working together like few others could.

The two of them skewer Cap.

NemeBro
Maximus is slow and weak. He'd be knocked out in one hit.

RJ 2.0
And in the time it takes Cap to KO him, he leaves himself open for an Achilles attack. Achilles takes his head off.

I swear, there is so much Avengers wanking here it's sickening. IM, Thor, Hulk, Cap, everyone seems to love polishing their knobs.

Zack Fair
No.

Cap handles the duo with mild-difficulty

RJ 2.0
I see, just cuz, right? So as Cap blocks one attack, how does he block the second coming from a completely different angle?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
I see, just cuz, right? So as Cap blocks one attack, how does he block the second coming from a completely different angle?

laughing +1

NemeBro
I see, just cuz, right? So as Cap blocks one attack, how does he block the second coming from a completely different angle? By being much faster than his opponents.

Zack Fair
I see, just cuz, right? So as Cap blocks one attack, how does he block the second coming from a completely different angle? He can simply dodge him.

So yes. Cap wins because. Deal with it.

carver9
Lol...the debates in this thread. Ach took out a group of trained me easily. Everything he did was easy and again, this was against trained warriors. Cap isn't beating any of these two easily and arguments can be made on them winning. Achilles holds the speed advantage...the guy was simply untouchable against the best warriors. His accuracy was uncanny. Didn't know Cap got wanked so hard.

Werewolf582
Cap is superior in almost every category, he shouldn't have much trouble here.

Zack Fair
Lol...the debates in this thread. Ach took out a group of trained me easily. Everything he did was easy and again, this was against trained warriors. Cap isn't beating any of these two easily and arguments can be made on them winning. Achilles holds the speed advantage...the guy was simply untouchable against the best warriors. His accuracy was uncanny. Didn't know Cap got wanked so hard. SMH Carv.

Cap would easily replicate Achille's feat. Achilles is good, and he is one of my personal favorites, but he is no Captain America.

By the way those best warriors are nothing compared to the people Cap has faced.

Again SMH.

Also Maximus is completely irrelevant in this matchup. He gets thrown, punched or kicked 10 feet away from cap.

Edit I could go on and say that you are riding Achielles's dick in the same fashion Hulk is riding Superman's, but I'm not going there....

131 313

Robtard
America, **** yeah.

f1xmaS2E_qA

Lord Lucien
Maximus is pathetic compared to either of the other two. And Achilles has done absolutely nothing that puts him on Cap's level. Take away his shield and tie his hands behind his back or something, then maybe.

Robtard
Unless one of the warriors gets a deep throat wound on Cap, Cap's not going down easily, as he can take alien energy blast, bullets, stabbings and massive concussions and still keep fighting at close to full potential.

IMO, they based Captain America off McClane.

Zack Fair
And Maximus is my favorite between Achilles, Leonidas and him. =\

seymourwal
He struggled with Batroc

moron is being moronic.

if a highly skilled frost giant with a spear couldn't land a killing blow or keep him down then yea... and that was cap before he "took a lvl in badass" and got the upgrade. casually tanks bullets, energy blasts and keeps fighting. buckys fist put a whole in the CONCRETE and cap ate what, 4 or 5 blows? survived falls that would splatter normals. took out a quinjet with a shield..... lol, the speed and agility he displayed there alone tops mr pitt. maximus? lol he gets bfr'd. never to be heard from again.

Silent Master
Only someone that was either trolling or hadn't seen the movie would say that Cap struggled with Batroc.

seymourwal
lol

Zack Fair
Maximus is BFR if he gets lucky. If he isn't he gets laid out cold in one punch lol.

seymourwal
hole*. this ^^

Lestov16
Cap stomps. Winter Soldier was deadlier than both teammates combined and Cap fought evenly with him.

Zack Fair
People being ignorant on purpose

gFuSF576gAM

Time Immemorial
Only someone that was either trolling or hadn't seen the movie would say that Cap struggled with Batroc.

Giving an opinion isn't trolling, ironic you call that trolling when every time you post you can't even debate like a man.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by seymourwal
moron is being moronic.

if a highly skilled frost giant with a spear couldn't land a killing blow or keep him down then yea... and that was cap before he "took a lvl in badass" and got the upgrade. casually tanks bullets, energy blasts and keeps fighting. buckys fist put a whole in the CONCRETE and cap ate what, 4 or 5 blows? survived falls that would splatter normals. took out a quinjet with a shield..... lol, the speed and agility he displayed there alone tops mr pitt. maximus? lol he gets bfr'd. never to be heard from again.

Sock being a coward.

When did captain face a frost giant?

When did cap show he could tank a hand or arm being cut off?

Where and how is Achilles slower in combat then Cap, on the contrary I think he's just as fast.

I think Achilles has a good chance, thats my opinion, if you don't like it, come up with a rational debate instead of the hogwash above.

Silent Master
You're aware that Loki is a Frost Giant, right?

Time Immemorial
You're aware that Loki is a Frost Giant, right?

Oh thats your sock, better keep track of who you logged into.

Silent Master
Should I take your dodging of the question to mean that you weren't aware that Loki is a Frost Giant?

Time Immemorial
Should I take your dodging of the question to mean that you weren't aware that Loki is a Frost Giant?

Should I take you socking as a coward?

Silent Master
So since you can't admit to being ignorant of Loki's heritage you fasely accuse me of having a sock account?

Time Immemorial
So since you can't admit to being ignorant of Loki's heritage you fasely accuse me of having a sock account?

I know his heritage. I was not aware of the socks reference to Loki until you conveniently brought it up ace.

Silent Master
If you knew Loki's heritage, why did you ask when Cap faced a Frost Giant?

Time Immemorial
If you knew Loki's heritage, why did you ask when Cap faced a Frost Giant?

Can you not read or understand?

Silent Master
I see, you knew that Loki is a Frost Giant, but you didn't know that Cap fought Loki in the Avengers.

Pro tip, try watching the movies before entering a debate.

Time Immemorial
Common sense if you ain't a retard would be to say "when cap faced loki" not "when cap faced a frost giant."

Don't play stupid snake eyes.

Silent Master
So now we are back to you not knowing that Loki is a Frost Giant. I mean even a 3 year old would have been smart enough to put 2 and 2 together and realize that seymourwal was talking about Loki.

Zack Fair
lol.

Time Immemorial
So now we are back to you not knowing that Loki is a Frost Giant. I mean even a 3 year old would have been smart enough to put 2 and 2 together and realize that seymourwal was talking about Loki.

Keep conceding to your own lies.

Silent Master

Time Immemorial

Silent Master
What am I lying about?

seymourwal
Sock being a coward.

When did captain face a frost giant

moron is still moronic

explain to me how im a coward? cuz u got found out? lol u shouldn't be upset that u are slower than who you're debating. sometimes ppl are just born that way. its ok, yes yes u knew loki was a frost. shush now little one we know you're a big smart boy big grin .

TheVaultDweller
Captain America takes this IMO. Achilles could maybe match him for speed though.

Maximus is just there to die. But hey ho, maybe he can serve a purpose by dying slow enough to distract Cap, so that Achilles can possibly land a lethal strike.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.