Depowered Thor vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Thor vs Batman in his Prime.

H2H

Fight in Gotham Streets

Arachnid1
Thor wins. That dude beasted through a base of SHIELD agents with nothing but his fists and centuries of skill.

Bats barely handled the SWAT team, and that was with gadgets like his echolocation. Thor beats Bruce down without too much effort in H2H.

quanchi112
Thor beats him down.

Firefly218
Thor destroys batman

DTM
Batman with full gear and gadgets, against Thor with normal street clothes? Ill go with Batman in the end, especially of this is in Gotham, but it would be a good fight.

Stoic
Batman is really great in comics, but in near real life like what you get in live action movies, his suit has to be the stupidest thing that a person could wear to a fight. Exploitation is written all over him, from being able to pull his cape over his head and beating the hell out of him, to displacing the eye sockets on his cowl and beating the hell out of him. Anyways, Thor beats the hell out of him.

RJ 2.0
Compare their high end strength feats.

Zack Fair
You had me at
Originally posted by Stoic
Thor beats the hell out of him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by DTM
Batman with full gear and gadgets, against Thor with normal street clothes? Ill go with Batman in the end, especially of this is in Gotham, but it would be a good fight.

It's a h2h match, so I doubt Batman can use gadgets. Not sure about armor though. That wouldn't be fair.

DTM
Well the OP didnt say it was Thor vs Bruce Wayne, no gear of any kind, so Im assuming Batman at least has his bat-armor with him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by DTM
Well the OP didnt say it was Thor vs Bruce Wayne, no gear of any kind, so Im assuming Batman at least has his bat-armor with him.

Maybe. Still think Thor wins despite the armor. Didn't really help him at all when he faced Bane. Thor is bigger and more experienced than Bane and from their respective fight scenes, seems a whole lot faster.

DTM
Batman wasnt really in his physical prime when he lost to Bane, here according to the OP he is. Dont get me wrong, I can see Thor winning fine, this is a very close match, with pretty even combat feats for both, but in the end Im giving a slight nod to Batman.

KingD19
Batman in his prime couldn't beat Ra's.

And he seemed to be back in fine condition the second time he fought Bane.

DTM
Pretty sure he dealt Ras fine at the end of BB, and this was after Batman had been through how many of his personal guard and been knocked unconscious an hour or so earlier.

Placidity
IMO Batman wasn't in his prime in terms of skills when he fought Ra's, still not a master (compared to what he is supposed to be). He had "only" trained for 7 years, but wasn't really tested yet at that point.

He was worn out by the time of TDKR though, as said by the doctor.

TheVaultDweller
This is a tough match to call. I think it depends on how much damage Batman's suit will be able to soak up, as I give the skill/strength/experience edge to Thor. I can see Batman pulling off some wins, but I see Thor taking the majority.

Robtard
Bruce wins. His H2H skills are at least equal to Thor's (arguably better on the technique side) and he is stronger.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
Compare their high end strength feats.

NemeBro
Compare their high end strength feats. Okay.

Batman is stronger.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
Well the OP didnt say it was Thor vs Bruce Wayne, no gear of any kind, so Im assuming Batman at least has his bat-armor with him. Thor still wins, easily.

FrothByte
Batman moved very stiff and slow in his fights. Bad choreography I know, but if we were to take that as evidence of his fighting skill, then Thor is definitely faster and more agile.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by NemeBro
Okay.

Batman is stronger. And faster.

Firefly218
Thor is more skilled, experienced, faster and stronger. Batman loses, hard.

Placidity
http://24.media.tumblr.com/70149ee98b8ac97cacd1578f8b1b0bca/tumblr_mhwd57kmkE1rknrf9o1_500.gif

Tattoos N Scars
I think Bats is technically more skilled, having spent time in the League of Shadows. It wouldn't be easy, but Bats can do it.

When I first glanced at the thread, I thought I read Depowered Tyrant vs Batman.

I was like, wtf!!! Batman gets killed.

Placidity
Depowered Thor can't replicate most of Wayne's feats.

Bruce would wreck the SHIELD agents easily.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
I think Bats is technically more skilled, having spent time in the League of Shadows.

Eh, I personally think spending centuries (possibly millennia) at the head of Asgard's armies is somewhat more impressive than a few years with the League of Shadows, in terms of skill development potential.

Still think this is a damn close match though.

carver9
Can't believe people are voting for Thor. Batman stomps.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Eh, I personally think spending centuries (possibly millennia) at the head of Asgard's armies is somewhat more impressive than a few years with the League of Shadows, in terms of skill development potential.

Normally, I would agree with that, but Thor doesn't display high levels of skill in pure H2h. Thor has centuries more experience than Cap, but no one would argue that Cap has better h2h skills than Thor.

seymourwal

Arachnid1

Still think this is a damn close match though. Agreed with this.

And I highly doubt Batman would just beast through a base of SHIELD agents 'easily'. These guys are the top of the top. Batman barely handled the SWAT team, and that was with a massive crutch. Even Coulson in the little Marvel shorts displayed some ridiculous skill.

Bats needs darkness and surprise to pull that kind of stuff off. Thor did it with skill and strength, in nothing but a t-shirt and jeans. Bats get his back broken even harder than the first time.

DTM
Gonna disagree with your POV there Arachnid, especially your comment about how Batman was barely able to handle a SWAT team. Also, all of Thors fighting training is based on him having a Godlike physique and using Mjolnir, here he has none of that, so its gonna be a fish out of water situation for him, while Batman is all too well versed in fighting with "mortal" abilities.

Zack Fair
Too bad they decided to leave this out.

4Ybnlsnbqgk

Time Immemorial

TBH we don't know how old Thor or Loki are as it was never stated.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Too bad they decided to leave this out.

4Ybnlsnbqgk

Thats legit. He must have been holding back big time in god mode or since those are Asgardians they have equal durability and strength.

Tattoos N Scars
I think Black Widow or Hawkeye could go through same agents rather easily

Time Immemorial
I think Black Widow or Hawkeye could go through same agents rather easily

Depends man, those were Asgarding warriors. No push overs considering he had all his power.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Firefly218
Thor is more skilled, experienced, faster and stronger. Batman loses, hard. Lol, no. Remember when Thor 1v1'd the big black guard? Batman would have ended that guy in seconds.

FrothByte
Lol, no. Remember when Thor 1v1'd the big black guard? Batman would have ended that guy in seconds.

That big black guy is a SHIELD agent and not just a "guard". You really think Batman can easily end someone like Ward or Crossbones? Because you know, those guys are SHIELD agents too and seem a lot tougher than the average rabble that Batman faces.

FrothByte
Originally posted by DTM
Gonna disagree with your POV there Arachnid, especially your comment about how Batman was barely able to handle a SWAT team. Also, all of Thors fighting training is based on him having a Godlike physique and using Mjolnir, here he has none of that, so its gonna be a fish out of water situation for him, while Batman is all too well versed in fighting with "mortal" abilities.

So Thor beating up all those SHIELD agents while he was depowered and had no weapons don't count?

FrothByte
Normally, I would agree with that, but Thor doesn't display high levels of skill in pure H2h. Thor has centuries more experience than Cap, but no one would argue that Cap has better h2h skills than Thor.

Ok, what skills have Batman displayed (without the use of gear) that you think Thor can't replicate?

jinXed by JaNx
Technically, BAtman could choose to use guns. If he does then this THor is f**ked.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by FrothByte
That big black guy is a SHIELD agent and not just a "guard". You really think Batman can easily end someone like Ward or Crossbones? Because you know, those guys are SHIELD agents too and seem a lot tougher than the average rabble that Batman faces. Lol, dude was sloooooooooooow and Batman would easily dodge every attack thrown his way.

Kazenji
You really think Batman can easily end someone like Ward or Crossbones? Because you know, those guys are SHIELD agents too and seem a lot tougher than the average rabble that Batman faces.

Ward is actually part of Hydra

still if that's what they have to offer that organization better things to come for Avengers 2.

Zack Fair
Lol, no. Remember when Thor 1v1'd the big black guard? Batman would have ended that guy in seconds. I don't like using this strat but...

based on?Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
I think Black Widow or Hawkeye could go through same agents rather easily Yeah, but Black Widow has shown way, way more skill than Batman ever did.

DTM
So Thor beating up all those SHIELD agents while he was depowered and had no weapons don't count?

No no, it counts fine, which is why I think this match is so close, just saying Thors centuries worth of fighting experience isnt all that here, as he no longer has his powers, abilities, gear or weaponry, all of which he would be used to in his centuries worth of training. I really dont see anything depowered Thor did that Batman in full gear couldnt also do, and very possibly easier so.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
TBH we don't know how old Thor or Loki are as it was never stated.

This post actually got me curious, so I did some checking.

The flashback in the beginning of Thor, when Odin wages war on the Frost Giants, is supposed to have happened in 965 A.D. Loki and Thor had already been born by then. So they are both over a thousand years old.

RJ 2.0
I don't like using this strat but...

based on? Yeah, but Black Widow has shown way, way more skill than Batman ever did. Based on the fact that Batman is a superior fighter.

Zack Fair
LoL K. Sure.

NemeBro
He is though.

Thor beat a few scrubs and had trouble with one big scrub.

Batman took punches from someone far stronger than Thor.

Zack Fair
While wearing armor. I honestly believe that black guy would give him trouble in a h2h match, but thats just me.

I definitely believe Batman should be more skilled. I just can't get past the stupid choreography. My problem I know.

RJ 2.0
He is though.

Thor beat a few scrubs and had trouble with one big scrub.

Batman took punches from someone far stronger than Thor. This.

Time Immemorial
This post actually got me curious, so I did some checking.

The flashback in the beginning of Thor, when Odin wages war on the Frost Giants, is supposed to have happened in 965 A.D. Loki and Thor had already been born by then. So they are both over a thousand years old.

Good to know, thanks man!

Silent Master
While wearing armor. I honestly believe that black guy would give him trouble in a h2h match, but thats just me.

I definitely believe Batman should be more skilled. I just can't get past the stupid choreography. My problem I know.

It's actually Batman's problem, because his skill level is determined by the fight choreography.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Silent Master
It's actually Batman's problem, because his skill level is determined by the fight choreography.

Not everyone is Ray Park.

TheVaultDweller
It's actually interesting to note that the fighting styles and choreography for the Batman films was developed by the same company who did it for Jack Reacher and MI3. Defence Lab. I have actually corresponded with them in the past, when they wanted to organise some self defence and fight choreography classes/seminars in my area.

Haven't seen Jack Reacher myself, so I haven't gotten a chance to compare execution of the fight scenes in both films. I just know Batman choreography was extremely inconsistent. Some fight scenes make Bats and his opponents look fast and agile. Others they look slow and awkward.

Good to know, thanks man!

No problem man. Your post got me curious myself.

Giant Anteater
Isn't Thor lightspeed?

Silent Master
No, but even if he was; this is depowered Thor, ie human level Thor.

FrothByte
Lol, dude was sloooooooooooow and Batman would easily dodge every attack thrown his way.

Yeah, as if Batman didn't look slow himself in his fights.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
Can't believe people are voting for Thor. Batman stomps. laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
Read this thread.. How fortuitous that I just happen to be watching The first Thor film.. If this were Thor with all his powers than Batman gets flayed and fried. Since the only feats that count for Thor are the ones where is depowered and fought the shield agents in his guest to regain Mjlonir, he does have some decent h2h skills however Batman is clearly the better fighter between the two. Batman after a nice fight will take this

seymourwal
Originally posted by DTM
No no, it counts fine, which is why I think this match is so close, just saying Thors centuries worth of fighting experience isnt all that here, as he no longer has his powers, abilities, gear or weaponry, all of which he would be used to in his centuries worth of training. I really dont see anything depowered Thor did that Batman in full gear couldnt also do, and very possibly easier so.

lol that's idiotic. without the powers and the hammer does he all of a sudden become helpless. gear? does the combat experience leave him when his armor does? his experience is his most valuable asset outside of his power. we have seen that batmans gear doesn't mean shit to someone who is a better fighter than he is (i.e. bane). seeing as how bane was still able to deal painful blows and what not. the only good I see his armor having is causing thors knuckles to hurt with each strike...and I see thor not givin a fuq

NemeBro
Bane hits much harder than Thor though.

quanchi112
Bane hits much harder than Thor though. laughing out loud

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Read this thread.. How fortuitous that I just happen to be watching The first Thor film.. If this were Thor with all his powers than Batman gets flayed and fried. Since the only feats that count for Thor are the ones where is depowered and fought the shield agents in his guest to regain Mjlonir, he does have some decent h2h skills however Batman is clearly the better fighter between the two. Batman after a nice fight will take this

Pretty much that.

Silent Master
It doesn't hurt that Batman has armor.

Robtard
It doesn't hurt that Batman has armor.

While that helps and it is lame that batman isn't in street clothes like human-Thor is, Bruce would still win in the end without armor. He's stronger and arguably a better fighter.

Even before he was trained by the LoS, he had to to be separated from large groups of inmates cos of his toughness and prowess.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
While that helps and it is lame that batman isn't in street clothes like human-Thor is, Bruce would still win in the end without armor. He's stronger and arguably a better fighter.

Even before he was trained by the LoS, he had to to be separated from large groups of inmates cos of his toughness and prowess. So inmates >>>Thor in your opinion ?

Dear God.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
So inmates >>>Thor in your opinion ?

Dear God.

Attempting a Strawman argument. So Ignoring.

quanchi112
Attempting a Strawman argument. So Ignoring. Thor destroyed trained shield agents but you say batman destroyed scummy inmates and large men as your counter.

laughing out loud

Robtard
Thor destroyed trained shield agents but you say batman destroyed scummy inmates and large men as your counter.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Attempting a Strawman argument. So Ignoring. Large men and inmates>>>trained shield agents according to rob.

Hilarious argument so laughing out loud

Robtard
Large men and inmates>>>trained shield agents according to rob.

Hilarious argument so laughing out loud

quanchi112
Attempting a Strawman argument. So Ignoring. You are not ignoring you are responding.

Thor wins.

LARGE MEN AND INMATES... laughing out loud

Robtard
You're very angry with me and trying to troll me in any thread you can, Quan. Let it go?

Time Immemorial
Cut the shit in this thread, please and thanks.

DTM
Originally posted by seymourwal
lol that's idiotic. without the powers and the hammer does he all of a sudden become helpless. gear? does the combat experience leave him when his armor does? his experience is his most valuable asset outside of his power. we have seen that batmans gear doesn't mean shit to someone who is a better fighter than he is (i.e. bane). seeing as how bane was still able to deal painful blows and what not. the only good I see his armor having is causing thors knuckles to hurt with each strike...and I see thor not givin a fuq

When did I say Thor would become helpless? I said if a character trains a certain way, using certain powers and abilities, and then those powers and abilities are taken away, his training will suffer for it. He will hardly be helpless, but his usual way of fighting will no longer be as valuable or effective. This would be the same for any super powered character who suddenly loses his powers, yes the skills are there, but they wont be quite the same as the physical power/abilities side of things, which work in tandem with the fighting skills, would be gone.

And honestly, you really dont need to be so rude, abusive and aggressive in your posts, it makes you sound like a real JERK!

RJ 2.0
Yeah, as if Batman didn't look slow himself in his fights. Faster than Thor.

FrothByte
Faster than Thor.

Not really. Nolan's Batman is infamous for his ridiculously slow and herky-jerky fight scenes.

quanchi112
You're very angry with me and trying to troll me in any thread you can, Quan. Let it go?

This is Ra's effortlessly crushing Bruce Wayne after he decimated the larger men at the prison.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EFhD3d3q0Zg

You're suggesting despite him being crushed by a trained opponent this feat somehow suggests he stands a chance against Thor despite the video.

Werewolf582
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Read this thread.. How fortuitous that I just happen to be watching The first Thor film.. If this were Thor with all his powers than Batman gets flayed and fried. Since the only feats that count for Thor are the ones where is depowered and fought the shield agents in his guest to regain Mjlonir, he does have some decent h2h skills however Batman is clearly the better fighter between the two. Batman after a nice fight will take this agreed

Robtard
This is Ra's effortlessly crushing Bruce Wayne after he decimated the larger men at the prison.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EFhD3d3q0Zg

You're suggesting despite him being crushed by a trained opponent this feat somehow suggests he stands a chance against Thor despite the video.

Are you being silly again on purpose?

You're ignoring that Bruce had just returned from an exhausting journey, the fight was BEFORE he was trained by the LoS and that Ra's is a very skilled combatant.

So your attempt to paint Bruce as some slump because he had initially lost to Ra's before he was properly trained failed. Sorry, but you're going to have to try better than that.

quanchi112
Are you being silly again on purpose?

You're ignoring that Bruce had just returned from an exhausting journey, the fight was BEFORE he was trained by the LoS and that Ra's is a very skilled combatant.

So your attempt to paint Bruce as some slump because he had initially lost to Ra's before he was properly trained failed. Sorry, but you're going to have to try better than that. He arrived to demonstrate his worth and was effortlessly dominated. Are you suggesting a fresher Wayne would have won that confrontation at that point ?

This was to demonstrate the feat of the men at the prison is worthless. An untrained Wayne is nothing that extraordinary.

Robtard
He arrived to demonstrate his worth and was effortlessly dominated. Are you suggesting a fresher Wayne would have won that confrontation at that point ?

This was to demonstrate the feat of the men at the prison is worthless. An untrained Wayne is nothing that extraordinary.

You tried using a fight scene which had Bruce BEFORE HE WAS TRAINED as some means to make him look lesser. You tried and I called you out on it.

quanchi112
You tried using a fight scene which had Bruce BEFORE HE WAS TRAINED as some means to make him look lesser. You tried and I called you out on it. This was posted in order to dismiss your silly mention of the men at the prison feat. After he was trained he got his ass kicked plenty of times.

Thor effortlessly wrecked shield agents whereas Bruce wakes up with bruises all over his body after kicking the crap out of second rate criminals asses.

Werewolf582
Quan chi sure is getting desperate.

Robtard
This was posted in order to dismiss your silly mention of the men at the prison feat. After he was trained he got his ass kicked plenty of times.

Thor effortlessly wrecked shield agents whereas Bruce wakes up with bruises all over his body after kicking the crap out of second rate criminals asses.

You tried using a fight scene which had Bruce BEFORE HE WAS TRAINED as some means to make him look lesser. You tried and I called you out on it.

quanchi112
You tried using a fight scene which had Bruce BEFORE HE WAS TRAINED as some means to make him look lesser. You tried and I called you out on it. Again, the prison feat happened prior to and this was explained. I posted this to dismiss your earlier silly feat. You're not even smart enough to understand.

Thor wins.

Batman lost to the friggin scarecrow.

laughing out loud

Robtard
Again, the prison feat happened prior to and this was explained. I posted this to dismiss your earlier silly feat. You're not even smart enough to understand.

Thor wins.

Batman lost to the friggin scarecrow.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
You tried using a fight scene which had Bruce BEFORE HE WAS TRAINED as some means to make him look lesser. You tried and I called you out on it. Rage loop.

Scarecrow ended up beating a trained batman.

Thor trashes him.

Inhuman
Why are the same people holding The league of shadows in such high regard dismissing special agents trained by shield?
TLOS are elites in the DC movie-verse. Shield trained agents are also considered pretty elite in the marvel movieverse.

Since this is a movie version fight we have to go on what we saw. What parts of the nolan trilogy did batman look the most elite in his fighting skills? or are we basing it off word of mouth and rep of the league of shadows?

Also the person that said Thors hundreds of years of fighting experience wont be much of a factor because he is used to his hammer and having super powers..... He didn't look like he skipped a beat when taking out those shield agents with no powers. He didn't look lost without his powers. he did just fine against elite opposition.

Batman in the nolanverse was probably the best or one of the best league of shadows fighters. Thats cool i can agree to that, but on the other hand thats like WARD (being one of the best sheild/hydra fighters) becoming a crime fighter. He would be exactly like batman minus the money and bulky costume.

seymourwal
lol agreed ^^^

seymourwal
and ward had some pretty good showings I might add. id even say him vs bruce is closer discussion

FrothByte
Originally posted by Inhuman
Why are the same people holding The league of shadows in such high regard dismissing special agents trained by shield?
TLOS are elites in the DC movie-verse. Shield trained agents are also considered pretty elite in the marvel movieverse.

Since this is a movie version fight we have to go on what we saw. What parts of the nolan trilogy did batman look the most elite in his fighting skills? or are we basing it off word of mouth and rep of the league of shadows?

Also the person that said Thors hundreds of years of fighting experience wont be much of a factor because he is used to his hammer and having super powers..... He didn't look like he skipped a beat when taking out those shield agents with no powers. He didn't look lost without his powers. he did just fine against elite opposition.

Batman in the nolanverse was probably the best or one of the best league of shadows fighters. Thats cool i can agree to that, but on the other hand thats like WARD (being one of the best sheild/hydra fighters) becoming a crime fighter. He would be exactly like batman minus the money and bulky costume.

Agreed. And the thing is, we literally have no idea on just how skilled (or unskilled) the LoS ninjas are. I'm assuming that Ra's being the leader is a lot better than the average LoS ninja, and Bane being kicked out due to being to brutal is probably on a league of his own. So we don't really have a clue how good those LoS ninjas were that Batman beat. After all, if Bruce Wayne could study for a brief time with them and become the top student then, well, that doesn't reflect too well on the quality of the others.

Compare that to SHIELD agents, and even if we took out Black Widow and Hawkeye because they are the top agents, you still have Ward, May, Triplette, Coulson, Maria Hill, Garett, Rumlow... all of whom give us an idea of just how skilled a SHIELD field agent is... and Thor walked all over them.

Come to think of it, I don't recall Batman beating anyone of established skill. He didn't beat Ra's or Bane through skill, he beat them through tactics (using the environment and taking advantage of a weakness). Other than that, he beat up thugs and questionably skilled LoS ninjas. Heck, he even had trouble with Joker.

RJ 2.0
He didn't beat Ra's or Bane through skill, he beat them through tactics (using the environment and taking advantage of a weakness). What you said here.

quanchi112
Agreed. And the thing is, we literally have no idea on just how skilled (or unskilled) the LoS ninjas are. I'm assuming that Ra's being the leader is a lot better than the average LoS ninja, and Bane being kicked out due to being to brutal is probably on a league of his own. So we don't really have a clue how good those LoS ninjas were that Batman beat. After all, if Bruce Wayne could study for a brief time with them and become the top student then, well, that doesn't reflect too well on the quality of the others.

Compare that to SHIELD agents, and even if we took out Black Widow and Hawkeye because they are the top agents, you still have Ward, May, Triplette, Coulson, Maria Hill, Garett, Rumlow... all of whom give us an idea of just how skilled a SHIELD field agent is... and Thor walked all over them.

Come to think of it, I don't recall Batman beating anyone of established skill. He didn't beat Ra's or Bane through skill, he beat them through tactics (using the environment and taking advantage of a weakness). Other than that, he beat up thugs and questionably skilled LoS ninjas. Heck, he even had trouble with Joker. thumb up

Arachnid1

Come to think of it, I don't recall Batman beating anyone of established skill. He didn't beat Ra's or Bane through skill, he beat them through tactics (using the environment and taking advantage of a weakness). Other than that, he beat up thugs and questionably skilled LoS ninjas. Heck, he even had trouble with Joker. Agreed x2

Time Immemorial

Come to think of it, I don't recall Batman beating anyone of established skill.

His skill was extraordinary. For as much as he had to take on by himself, he did a pretty good job considering he had vast amounts of people he had to deal with.

Batman moved very stiff and slow in his fights. Bad choreography I know, but if we were to take that as evidence of his fighting skill, then Thor is definitely faster and more agile.

One can sit here and rag on Batman's choreography being shit but I think you need to re watch some scenes from Thor...

Like this one..choreography is pretty horrible. It looks like it was choreographer from WWE did this scene.

mjuvsvdL0nk

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Agreed with this.

And I highly doubt Batman would just beast through a base of SHIELD agents 'easily'. These guys are the top of the top. Batman barely handled the SWAT team, and that was with a massive crutch. Even Coulson in the little Marvel shorts displayed some ridiculous skill.

Bats needs darkness and surprise to pull that kind of stuff off. Thor did it with skill and strength, in nothing but a t-shirt and jeans. Bats get his back broken even harder than the first time.

A shield Agent here means the same thing as say a SWAT Team, There is no staple of evidence to prove the people here at this base were these highly trained assassins as Coulson made them out to be, After all this is coming from the biggest talker, and exaggerator in Shield. His job is to talk a big game.

As for Batman needs stealth to do his work, funny you mention this since Thor did the exact same thing, went in at night with element of surprise sounds and looks familiar right?

You claims he took out "a base of shield agents" and those people are some greater in skill and number too the two swat teams Batman took down..He took down 6-7 shield agents at most including the big guy. Keep in mind, no one ever never fired a single bullet at him.

How many SWAT Team members and armed thugs that were actually shooting at him? I counted at least 20 or more in TDK scene. I saw zero shots being fired at Thor, Hawkeye never ever let arrow out.

Thor had trouble with the big guy at the end, and that guy would have had his neck snapped in 3 seconds by Bane. So Thor in mortal form took him down after a good fight. I am inclined to think that guy would have been a cake walk for Batman and Bane.

The fight comes down to how much damage you think Thor is brining and if that damage outweighs say Bane's hits.

Robtard
His skill was extraordinary. For as much as he had to take on by himself, he did a pretty good job considering he had vast amounts of people he had to deal with.

One can sit here and rag on Batman's choreography being shit but I think you need to re watch some scenes from Thor...

Like this one..choreography is pretty horrible. It looks like it was choreographer from WWE did this scene.

mjuvsvdL0nk

A shield Agent here means the same thing as say a SWAT Team, There is no staple of evidence to prove the people here at this base were these highly trained assassins as Coulson made them out to be, After all this is coming from the biggest talker, and exaggerator in Shield. His job is to talk a big game.

As for Batman needs stealth to do his work, funny you mention this since Thor did the exact same thing, went in at night with element of surprise sounds and looks familiar right?

You claims he took out "a base of shield agents" and those people are some greater in skill and number too the two swat teams Batman took down..He took down 6-7 shield agents at most including the big guy. Keep in mind, no one ever never fired a single bullet at him.

How many SWAT Team members and armed thugs that were actually shooting at him? I counted at least 20 or more in TDK scene. I saw zero shots being fired at Thor, Hawkeye never ever let arrow out.

Thor had trouble with the big guy at the end, and that guy would have had his neck snapped in 3 seconds by Bane. So Thor in mortal form took him down after a good fight. I am inclined to think that guy would have been a cake walk for Batman and Bane.

The fight comes down to how much damage you think Thor is brining and if that damage outweighs say Bane's hits.

/boom

BruceSkywalker

mjuvsvdL0nk

well said

Inhuman

mjuvsvdL0nk

Still I think that is more impressive than this slow methodical fight.

PVFi6Pb4Guw

The fight at the end is even worst. Again Post or tell me what is batman best scene that shows his most skill. I just watched a few to freshen my memory and they are all pretty slow and methodical like the bane fight.
Batman is a skilled fighter but I can post fight scenes from jason bourne, black widow, jason statham that all show more skill that nolan batman did.

A sheild agent is way more impressive than a swat team member. So you are saying the swat team can produce people like , hawkeye, black widow, Ward, May, Triplette, Coulson, Maria Hill, Garett, Rumlow? You are hugely underestimating sheild. What staple of evidence is there that no name league of assassin guys are as deadly as swat team guys? Rep? word of mouth? league of shadows sounds badass so they must all be badass?

you mean the swat guys batman took out with stealth and gadgets?
I see alot of people duplicating that feat like batman with stealth and gadgets.
jason bourne, hawkeye, black widow, mission impossible tom cruise, etc.

Bane was strong but wasn't super human in any way. i don't know why you are overrating nolan Bane so much.

i explain here that banes feats in the dark knight rises were not anything that a strong man or martial artist (human) can duplicate or even exceed.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=598501&from=thread&pagenumber=2#post14804709

ares834
Bruce wins. His H2H skills are at least equal to Thor's (arguably better on the technique side) and he is stronger.

thumb up

Time Immemorial

PVFi6Pb4Guw

The fight at the end is even worst. Again Post or tell me what is batman best scene that shows his most skill. I just watched a few to freshen my memory and they are all pretty slow and methodical like the bane fight.
Batman is a skilled fighter but I can post fight scenes from jason bourne, black widow, jason statham that all show more skill that nolan batman did.

A sheild agent is way more impressive than a swat team member. So you are saying the swat team can produce people like , hawkeye, black widow, Ward, May, Triplette, Coulson, Maria Hill, Garett, Rumlow? You are hugely underestimating sheild. What staple of evidence is there that no name league of assassin guys are as deadly as swat team guys? Rep? word of mouth? league of shadows sounds badass so they must all be badass?

I see alot of people duplicating that feat like batman with stealth and gadgets.

Bane was strong but wasn't super human in any way. i don't know why you are overrating nolan Bane so much.

i explain here that banes feats in the dark knight rises were not anything that a strong man or martial artist (human) can duplicate or even exceed.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=598501&from=thread&pagenumber=2#post14804709

None of what you said refutes anything I said. Everything you said is wrong and most of it backs up my theory.

You're generic shield agent theory is crap because the agents you mentioned were plot devices, not the generic un named shield agents that Thor fought and were cannon fodder.

None of them even fired at Thor, even though armed.

Bane was strong enough to break concrete and break Batman's back, kill people with one hand. And it took basically a cannon to take him out. If this is not superhuman to you, I'm sorry but you need to read some comics and watch a movie.

Batman wins.

Arachnid1

PVFi6Pb4Guw

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=598501&from=thread&pagenumber=2#post14804709 Agreed with this.

Time Immemorial
Agreed with this.

Considering it's complete nonsense, interesting side to take.

Arachnid1
Considering it's complete nonsense, interesting side to take. What part? On average, SHIELD agents have proven to be much more impressive than a SWAT agent.

Batmans fight with Bane was a skilless brawl. Its like some child who tried to step up to the school bully only to get beat down and humiliated. Bourne, Widow, Jason, Statham, Cap/Bucky/Batroc, Hunt, and plenty more have shown significantly more skill in their respective fight scenes.

Deadlifting two hundred pounds over your head? Not super human. And he didn't break Batmans back with his own hand. He dropped him and his knee made contact with his spine. Gravity did all the work. Not superhuman. That pillar he cracked open? It didn't look like it was anything super hard or reinforced. It came off as shitty sand-filled plaster or really thin concrete, like the wall of any typical house. It clearly wasn't marble or super solid concrete or anything like that. There are plenty of accounts of people who have broken concrete, and they didn't have any amazing strength. Not superhuman.

The League of Shadows? Not impressive, considering some rich boy walked into their home, and rose through the ranks to the top spot in little time. The only thing that made them a force to be reckoned with was the fact that they had infiltrated every part of the city, and were willing to do some pretty immoral things to places they deemed unworthy. Fighting skill wise, not very impressive.

Everything he said was on point. Its a far cry from nonsense, to be sure.

FrothByte
None of what you said refutes anything I said. Everything you said is wrong and most of it backs up my theory.

You're generic shield agent theory is crap because the agents you mentioned were plot devices, not the generic un named shield agents that Thor fought and were cannon fodder.

None of them even fired at Thor, even though armed.

Bane was strong enough to break concrete and break Batman's back, kill people with one hand. And it took basically a cannon to take him out. If this is not superhuman to you, I'm sorry but you need to read some comics and watch a movie.

Batman wins.

If you want to claim that the "generic" SHIELD agent is not that skilled, it's up to you to prove it. Because as far as we have seen, every SHIELD agent that has a fight scene (that's not against Captain America or Thor) has shown pretty great h2h skills. Even agents who are not known for being top of the line h2h fighters like Coulson or Maria Hill have shown skill, at least moreso than any of those SWAT or LoS ninjas have.

So if you want to claim that the SHIELD agents that took on Thor are at a lower league, then you have to prove it.

Inhuman
I'm sorry but you need to read some comics and watch a movie.

Batman wins.

this is movie version not comic version. very different animal.

Time Immemorial
What part? On average, SHIELD agents have proven to be much more impressive than a SWAT agent.

Batmans fight with Bane was a skilless brawl. Its like some child who tried to step up to the school bully only to get beat down and humiliated. Bourne, Widow, Jason, Statham, Cap/Bucky/Batroc, Hunt, and plenty more have shown significantly more skill in their respective fight scenes.

Deadlifting two hundred pounds over your head? Not super human. And he didn't break Batmans back with his own hand. He dropped him and his knee made contact with his spine. Gravity did all the work. Not superhuman. That pillar he cracked open? It didn't look like it was anything super hard or reinforced. It came off as shitty sand-filled plaster or really thin concrete, like the wall of any typical house. It clearly wasn't marble or super solid concrete or anything like that. There are plenty of accounts of people who have broken concrete, and they didn't have any amazing strength. Not superhuman.

The League of Shadows? Not impressive, considering some rich boy walked into their home, and rose through the ranks to the top spot in little time. The only thing that made them a force to be reckoned with was the fact that they had infiltrated every part of the city, and were willing to do some pretty immoral things to places they deemed unworthy. Fighting skill wise, not very impressive.

Everything he said was on point. Its a far cry from nonsense, to be sure.

That really was not how the fight went down and you know it. Batman weighed way more then 200lbs. That was his base weight without armor, armor added another 40-60lbs. And it was not just a dead lift, a dead lift is when you pick a weight up from the ground and lift it to your waist and set it down, he completely put him over his body. Also, IDK if you lift weights but lifting a weight that is designed tp be lifted is completely different lifting a body. Go try and pick someone up, you will not be able to.

Your league of shadows is biased and full of crap. A rich boy walked in? He had been training for years before he got recruited by Ras. Didn't you watch the movie? The prison scene, his climb to the top of the mountain? You keep acting like he has a 5th grader with zero training.

As for this?

"and were willing to do some pretty immoral things to places they deemed unworthy."

This is laughable argument as the whole reason Thor was in this situation was because he was deemed unworthy.

Try again.

Robtard
TE is absolutely correct there, comparing the lifting of Bruce to just a given amount of weight is a faulty argument.

I can grab a 85lbs dumbbell in each hand and lift them up and over my head, full arms extended. I can do this, because the weights are easy to grab, the weight is evenly distributed across my arms/back/shoulders and I've trained myself to do it.

I do not believe I could grab a 170lbs person or two 85lbs midgets and lift them similarly.

Raisen
Thor's showing against the Shield agents was impressive.

Batman's showings against the inmates and in general is meh compared to the Thor feat. IMO

however, i never understood why people assume Thor is a bad ass cuz "centuries of experience" Doesn't matter. Thor has always relied heavily on his weapon and fists. It's not like he's a martial arts master. Centuries of street brawling or using the same tactics doesn't necessarily mean you will overcome a guy with more of a variety of skill.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Raisen

Batman's showings against the inmates and in general is meh compared to the Thor feat. IMO

however, i never understood why people assume Thor is a bad ass cuz "centuries of experience" Doesn't matter. Thor has always relied heavily on his weapon and fists. It's not like he's a martial arts master. Centuries of street brawling or using the same tactics doesn't necessarily mean you will overcome a guy with more of a variety of skill.

Yes it would be like Superman losing his powers and somehow how he could now beat Batman up.smile

3fvfsT3LNNM

Raisen
Yes it would be like Superman losing his powers and somehow how he could now beat Batman up.smile

3fvfsT3LNNM

many people simply throw terms out like "god" or "centuries of experience" and act like it's an auto win. thor is a slugger for the most part. he's been slugging, hammer smashing, and occasionally dodging for centuries. that's what he does.

Time Immemorial
many people simply throw terms out like "god" or "centuries of experience" and act like it's an auto win. thor is a slugger for the most part. he's been slugging, hammer smashing, and occasionally dodging for centuries. that's what he does.

Very true

Inhuman
Im not basing off the notion that Thor had centuries of training.
Im basing off the fighting skill Thor showed when depowered and with no hammer.
He didnt just take on and beat some street thugs. He took and and bested shield agents. Meaning he took on some of the most highly trained humans around and bested them.
Plus the scene that thor accomplished this IMO is more impressive that any Nolan batman scene i can think of. All the scenes that ive re-watched recently have batman fighting stiff and sluggish compared to the thor scene.
Ive been asking for a particular scene that shows batmans skill the most. No one has posted or said which one it is.

No, that is not the same.
Superman has never shown any fighting skill without any powers in any of his movies. So why would I think he could beat up batman if powerless?
Thor on the other hand handled himself fine taking out elite skilled men without his powers or hammer.

Time Immemorial

Plus the scene that thor accomplished this IMO is more impressive that any Nolan batman scene i can think of.

He admits to cat woman that the people they are fighting are not ordinary street thugs, they are trained killers and mercenary's. Alfred confers with him on banes training, strength, speed and ferocity.

Yes Thor fought 6 shield agents, is that greater than or equal to everything Batman did in three movies? I don't believe it is. Sure if this was Bruce Wayne without his suit, he would be stomped out. I am inclined to think with his suit it gives him an equal playing field and Thor's short and brief run through the base would not undercut everything Batman did in 3 movies.

Think of Bane vs Thor, is Thor going to walk all over Bane now because he he beat 6 shield agents? IMO, Bane would have walked though that base easier then Thor did.

FrothByte

Thor has displayed in his movies that he is not simply a brawler. I'll never understand why people equate "good fighting skill" with "fancy moves". Why would you think that Batman has more variety of skill? Is it because he does spinning heel kicks and Thor doesn't?

Thor fights primarily with Mjolnir (which is the whole point of having a weapon in the first place) and with his fists secondly, but he's also used elbows, knees, kicks and grappling throughout the MCU movies.

Plus, I'd go as far to say that Thor IS a martial arts master. People automatically associate "martial arts" with eastern martial arts, like kung-fu, karate, taekwondo, etc. People forget that the term "martial arts" actually originated from the west, and that western martial arts are just as old if not older than eastern martial arts, and that they're just as efficient if not more so. Martial arts like boxing, wrestling, savate, krav maga, abrazare are all effective martial arts despite them not having fancy moves (well maybe savate a little).

Point is, Thor doesn't need to do fancy kicks to become a martial arts master. He's shown plenty skill. In a deleted scene in Thor TDW he took out 4 armed Asgardian guards while being unarmed himself. He evaded pretty much all of Hulk's punches (aside from the sucker punch) and even caught Ironman's punch in his grip. Granted, he did all of these while being superpowered but considering his opponents were also superpowered then it speaks highly of his skill.

Silent Master
Given that it was Thor's first real fight after losing his strength/durability I'd say the Shield scene was very impressive...I doubt Bane could do the same if he was put in a average human body.

That said, Batman having armor for this fight pretty much makes the outcome obvious.

Time Immemorial

Point is, Thor doesn't need to do fancy kicks to become a martial arts master. He's shown plenty skill. In a deleted scene in Thor TDW he took out 4 armed Asgardian guards while being unarmed himself.

It was deleted for a reason, hence it was deleted, not seen in the movie, therefore not applicable to this fight. And its actually shit because having all his power he should have rofl stomped those guys considering he went H2H with Hulk, so lets not get into that one. I'll act like I never saw that scene and will not count it against him.

Time Immemorial
Given that it was Thor's first real fight after losing his strength/durability I'd say the Shield scene was very impressive...I doubt Bane could do the same if he was put in a average human body.

That said, Batman having armor for this fight pretty much makes the outcome obvious.

This is a fair assessment for both sides and very true.

FrothByte
It was deleted for a reason, hence it was deleted, not seen in the movie, therefore not applicable to this fight. And its actually shit because having all his power he should have rofl stomped those guys considering he went H2H with Hulk, so lets not get into that one. I'll act like I never saw that scene and will not count it against him.

Those were fellow Asgardian warriors, who should have similar strength and durability to Thor.

Plus he didn't want to kill or seriously injure them.

Anyway the point is, Batman literally has no proof to show that he's more skilled.

And if you're giving him armor for this fight, then I guess it's obvious that you believe Batman is outclassed in this fight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.