Who can beat Revan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
The only being to defeat Revan in one on one combat is an fully empowered Vitiate.

Which star wars characters can defeat a prime healthy Revan?

Sinious
I assume you're talking jedi/sith wise?

If so, more than a few can do the deed.

Nihilus, Luke, Sidious, Caedus, Plagueis, Bane, HoT, Yoda, Darth Raptus would all kill him on 1on1 with no doubt.

Tulak Hord, Windu, Barsenthor, Marka Ragnos, Darth Jadus - These are likely to kill him but it would be a close fight.

He is more or less equal to the likes of Exar Kun, Darth Vader, Naga Sadow, - With these, it could go either way.

Emperor's Wrath, Malgus, Satele, Count Dooku, ROTS Anakin - Revan has the upper hand with these but it could still go either ways if they get lucky.

This is how I see it. I'm sure more names could be up there.

Nephthys
Bandon.

Kotor3
Always interesting to hear people opinions on this one.

Sinious
Actually after reconsideration and adjustments:

Nihilus, Luke, Sidious, Caedus, Plagueis, Bane, Yoda, DM Bestia - Raptus would all kill him 1on1 with no doubt.

Rest of the Dread Masters, HoT, Tulak Hord, Windu, Marka Ragnos, Darth Jadus - These are likely to kill him but it would be a close fight.

He is more or less equal to the likes of Barsenthor, Malgus, Exar Kun, Darth Vader, Darth Zannah - With these, it could go either way.

Emperor's Wrath, Satele, Count Dooku, ROTS Anakin, Naga Sadow, Exile, Darth Marr - Revan has the upper hand with these but it could still go either ways if they get lucky.

Sinious
Originally posted by Sinious
Actually after reconsideration and adjustments:

Nihilus, Luke, Sidious, Caedus, Plagueis, Bane, Yoda, DM Bestia - Raptus would all kill him 1on1 with no doubt.

Rest of the Dread Masters, HoT, Tulak Hord, Windu, Marka Ragnos, Darth Jadus - These are likely to kill him but it would be a close fight.

He is more or less equal to the likes of Malgus, Exar Kun, Darth Vader, Darth Zannah - With these, it could go either way.

Barsenthor, Emperor's Wrath, Satele, Count Dooku, ROTS Anakin, Naga Sadow, Exile, Darth Marr - Revan has the upper hand with these but it could still go either ways if they get lucky.

Sinious
oops quoted instead of editing embarrasment

FreshestSlice

He is more or less equal to the likes of Barsenthor, Malgus, Exar Kun, Darth Vader, Darth Zannah - With these, it could go either way.

Emperor's Wrath, Satele, Count Dooku, ROTS Anakin, Naga Sadow, Exile, Darth Marr - Revan has the upper hand with these but it could still go either ways if they get lucky.
Emperor's Wrath, Anakin, Naga Sadow, Darth Marr, and Exile are all greater than the Barsen'thor. The Emperor's Wrath, Anakin, and Darth Marr are also all very capable in beating Revan more times than they would lose.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Emperor's Wrath, Anakin, Naga Sadow, Darth Marr, and Exile are all greater than the Barsen'thor. The Emperor's Wrath, Anakin, and Darth Marr are also all very capable in beating Revan more times than they would lose.

No.

Sinious

Barsen'thor is at least equal to them and Revan is closely more powerful than Barsen'thor. Suggesting otherwise doesn't make sense to me.

Originally posted by Nephthys
No.

I don't know why but people like underrating Revan.

carthage
Tons of people lol, he isn't that good.

Sith: Exar Kun, Darth Malgus, Darth Krayt, Darth Bane, Darth Sidious, Darth Caedus, Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Darth Plagueis, Darth Tenebrous, Darth Venamis, Darth Vader, etc

Possibly Prime era Nadd though he lacks feats

Jedi: Yoda, Mace Windu, Jacen Solo, Luke Skywalker, Hero of Tython, Satele Shan, Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, Barsenthor

Possibly prime era Ulic Qel Droma and Kyle Katarn for a slim majority too

Lord Lucien
Tons of people can when the difficulty is raised and Revan has only the most worthless feats and skill points.

Kotor3
Originally posted by carthage
Tons of people lol, he isn't that good.

Sith: Exar Kun, Darth Malgus, Darth Krayt, Darth Bane, Darth Sidious, Darth Caedus, Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Darth Plagueis, Darth Tenebrous, Darth Venamis, Darth Vader, etc

Possibly Prime era Nadd though he lacks feats

Jedi: Yoda, Mace Windu, Jacen Solo, Luke Skywalker, Hero of Tython, Satele Shan, Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, Barsenthor

Possibly prime era Ulic Qel Droma and Kyle Katarn for a slim majority too

For some one who is all about feats and you mention Nadd. Though I like your comments, keep them coming.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Tons of people can when the difficulty is raised and Revan has only the most worthless feats and skill points.

Yes, a voice of reason.

S_W_LeGenD
I don't think many can beat Revan, in-fact "many" is wrong term to use here. I see some names in the lists here who stand no chance.

In short, very few can handle him. And even some of these "few" can loose to him as well.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Kotor3
The only being to defeat Revan in one on one combat is an fully empowered Vitiate.

Which star wars characters can defeat a prime healthy Revan?

No one but Viti. He's just that good, man.

Kotor3
Finally someone understands!

FreshestSlice
Barsen'thor is at least equal to them and Revan is closely more powerful than Barsen'thor. Suggesting otherwise doesn't make sense to me.

The Emperor's Wrath's feats are above the Barsen'thor's. While they have a few TK and support feats, the Wrath shows saber feats well above just about anyone in TOR.

This isn't about me underrating Revan, it's about my view that you're underrating the people I mentioned.
No.
Yes.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Emperor's Wrath's feats probably aren't even equal to the Barsen'thor's, much less above.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Emperor's Wrath's feats probably aren't even equal to the Barsen'thor's, much less above.
Feel free to convince me. I for one see defeating Baras as well above defeating the First Son, though you're free to disagree. While defeating the Voss Voice/Entity may not be as impressive as defeating the one/realdeal on DK, it's still well up there. The E'sW is defeating Dark Coucil members well before there prime.

Sinious
The Emperor's Wrath's feats are above the Barsen'thor's. While they have a few TK and support feats, the Wrath shows saber feats well above just about anyone in TOR.

This isn't about me underrating Revan, it's about my view that you're underrating the people I mentioned.

Potentially, I think Wrath is superior to most of the force users in TOR era. He will definitely be stronger than Scourge and probably Barsen'thor but just not yet.

He is powerful enough to stand a fair chance against everyone I considered his equal. I'm not underrating any of them. I'm saying they are so powerful that they're Revan's equals.

Nephthys
Feel free to convince me. I for one see defeating Baras as well above defeating the First Son, though you're free to disagree. While defeating the Voss Voice/Entity may not be as impressive as defeating the one/realdeal on DK, it's still well up there. The E'sW is defeating Dark Coucil members well before there prime.

The Barsen'thor has some of the greatest TK feats of anyone. And their feat of defeating Vivicar, an ancient Sith Lord empowered by hundreds of Jedi Masters (while she was weakened no less) is an insanely good feat few can top. Also well before her time.

I do think the Wrath is drastically underrated, but I think the Barsen'thor is simply the superior combatant.

Yes.

Emperor's Wrath - I disagree.

Anakin - Lol. Nope.

Naga Sadow - Based on what?

Darth Marr - Again, he lacks the feats to suggest that.

The Exile - Pfft, nah.

FreshestSlice
The Barsen'thor has some of the greatest TK feats of anyone. And their feat of defeating Vivicar, an ancient Sith Lord empowered by hundreds of Jedi Masters (while she was weakened no less) is an insanely good feat few can top. Also well before her time.

I do think the Wrath is drastically underrated, but I think the Barsen'thor is simply the superior combatant.

And I don't. For all of Vivicar's power, I don't see them as superior to the Voice.

Eh.

I don't think TK gives the edge here.

I haven't seen anything from the Barsen'thor that puts them above anyone here. Marr being the defacto leader of the Empire speaks volumes of his power. Well maybe Sadow, I'll concede there.
Potentially, I think Wrath is superior to most of the force users in TOR era. He will definitely be stronger than Scourge and probably Barsen'thor but just not yet.

He is powerful enough to stand a fair chance against everyone I considered his equal. I'm not underrating any of them. I'm saying they are so powerful that they're Revan's equals.
Ah, I see. I can agree with that, I guess.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
See, the problem with using the Wrath's confrontation with the voice is that presumably Vitiate is also fighting for dominance over his body after Sel Makor takes over. Hardly fully focused.

Nephthys
And I don't. For all of Vivicar's power, I don't see them as superior to the Voice.

I don't think TK gives the edge here.

I haven't seen anything from the Barsen'thor that puts them above anyone here. Marr being the defacto leader of the Empire speaks volumes of his power. Well maybe Sadow, I'll concede there.

The Voice was possessed by Sel-Makor, who lacks a physical body. I doubt it could fight particularly competently. Plus I'd think Vitiate would be helping and weakening Sel Makor a bit.

I think it does. Anakin can be thrown around by Dooku, who is quite a bit weaker in TK than the Barsen'thor is. Plus I think she's just a superior combatant than he is. If he tries to engage in lightsabers she can use a Force Bubble to block him.

And the First Son was Vitiate's de facto second in command. And the Exile? Meetra's performance is hard to ignore here.

FreshestSlice
The Voice was possessed by Sel-Makor, who lacks a physical body. I doubt it could fight particularly competently. Plus I'd think Vitiate would be helping and weakening Sel Makor a bit.

Which is why I said it wasn't as impressive as defeating the Voice itself. You may see a Sith drawing on 100s of Jedi Masters as superior, but I think hat fighting a being of the Dark Side who was able to subvert the Emperor is a better one.

I feel as if you're overestimating the ability of their Force Bubble at blocking every single attack from Anakin, while calli

The Dark Council has been the one controlling the Empire for a long time. As for the Exile, when I say this, I mean the one from KotOR II. Surik is obviously not on Revan level.

DarthAnt66
I been gathering Revan feats now for the last year or two now, and it is now safe to say that I have personally went through every known source he is in.
Despite such, I still do forget details here and there, making my Respect Thread forever expanding. I recommend checking up on the thread every so often.

That being said, based of feats and accolades, Revan is exceedingly difficult to overcome in battle.
His lightsaber prowess is skilled enough to slaughter Sith armies, slay seemingly invincible Mandalores, and overcome Terentatek.
His Force prowess, ultimately, allows him to overcome "extraordinary" warriors with "tremendous" power of his own.
His Battle Precognition and military genius add to his already "immense power", making him seemingly unstoppable.
Very few can defeat him, which is why he is considered among the most powerful Jedi, Sith, and the Star Wars universe itself.

"There weren't many people able to face Revan across a battlefield and survive the encounter."
―Chris Avellone (KOTOR Designer)

"Although Traya was more powerful, the Exile managed to defeat her in combat."
―The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

The Star Wars The Old Republic: Revan novel then confirms that Revan was "greater then that of anyone else she had ever met, bringing forth the fact Revan is Darth Traya's superior.
There is also the fact that despite Darth Traya being corrupted by Malachor V's energies, Revan's power and will was great enough to resist where so many others failed.

Nephthys
Which is why I said it wasn't as impressive as defeating the Voice itself. You may see a Sith drawing on 100s of Jedi Masters as superior, but I think hat fighting a being of the Dark Side who was able to subvert the Emperor is a better one.

Maybe. But as I said, the Barsen'thor was greatly weakened when she fought Vivicar. And this was merely the end of Act I. She likely grew even more powerful after fighting him. So I think her feat is overall superior.

I feel as if you're overestimating the ability of their Force Bubble at blocking every single attack from Anakin, while calli

It's enough for her to block his lightsaber attack and them counter with TK. She was able to shield herself from an explosion that obliterated a blast door, at close range. Her defenses are potent.

Also what was your full sentence?

The Dark Council has been the one controlling the Empire for a long time. As for the Exile, when I say this, I mean the one from KotOR II. Surik is obviously not on Revan level.

No, they run the Empire. But Vitiate and his agents actually have control over it. They're just content to leave it up to the Council to make sure the trains go on time while they pursue other plans. But anyway, this is irrelevant. Marr controlled a decimated Dark Council that had many of it's members recently replaced. His control is likely to owe to his seniority and long grasp of power. While I'd agree he's probably extremely powerful, this factor alone doesn't put him above someone as provably incredible as the Barsen'thor.

Even the one from Kotor II isn't on the Barsen'thor's level imo.

FreshestSlice
Maybe. But as I said, the Barsen'thor was greatly weakened when she fought Vivicar. And this was merely the end of Act I. She likely grew even more powerful after fighting him. So I think her feat is overall superior.

If you say so. Vivicar was spending a vast amount of power creating a plague, no?

I feel as if Force Bubble were the go to for ever attack, no Jedi would ever die. While it's something they could do, I'm not going to assume it's a guarantee by any stretch of the imagination. As for the left overs, that was from me changing my wording, and I didn't delete all of it. My bad.

Marr still must have vast amounts of power and influence to control the Council. The Sith, as they always have been, are a society where the weak replace the strong. I also don't consider the Barsen'thor incredible by any stretch. They are powerful, greatly, no question, but they are firmly within the grasp of anyone else shown competent in TOR. The most amazing and powerful things I've seen from them have no combat application.

As for Ant, I never said the Exile would defeat Revan. Not sure why you pulled that quote out.

DarthAnt66
Whatever. Just wanted to make myself feel good by crushing some characters under Revan's might.

carthage
Might add Emperor's wrath to my list, I lost the video Freshestslice gave me of all of his saber feats though.

DarthAnt66
Revan can overcome the Wrath.

Nephthys
I think it'd be a good fight. Revan does have more Force feats, but the Wrath has fought some extremely powerful opponents too.

NTJack0
Bandon.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by carthage
Darth Bane

lol

DarthAnt66
Throwback to the days people thought the protagonists could beat Revan.

DarthAnt66
Darth Marr are also all very capable in beating Revan more times than they would lose.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4542284-9254045775-ezgif.gif

How times change.

Syndicate
Like a million people.

The Ellimist
There's debate with the likes of Vader, Ragnos/Sadow, etc. If you disable teleportation, Dooku and Anakin could win under conditional starting distances. I'd say Exar Kun would take a majority. Caedus and Krayt almost certainly win. Plagueis tier + dominate.

DarthAnt66
Revan would ragdoll Dooku, massacre Kun, and stalemate Plagueis.

|King Joker|
ahsoka

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan would ragdoll Dooku, massacre Kun, and stalemate Plagueis.
thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Throwback to the days people thought the protagonists could beat Revan.
This was my assessment back then:

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I don't think many can beat Revan, in-fact "many" is wrong term to use here. I see some names in the lists here who stand no chance.

In short, very few can handle him. And even some of these "few" can loose to him as well.

- I am good at drawing accurate inferences. cool

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The Ellimist
There's debate with the likes of Vader, Ragnos/Sadow, etc. If you disable teleportation, Dooku and Anakin could win under conditional starting distances. I'd say Exar Kun would take a majority. Caedus and Krayt almost certainly win. Plagueis tier + dominate.
No.

Count Dooku; Anakin Skywalker; Naga Sadow = no chance at all

Darth Vader and Marka Ragnos = no chance without circumstantial advantage

Darth Caedus; Darth Krayt; and Darth Plagueis = possible (but they may loose as well)

Originally posted by |King Joker|
ahsoka
No, not even close.

|King Joker|
No.

No, not even close. Vader > Palpatine

Palpatine > Revan

Vader >/= Ahsoka > Palpatine > Revan

Sorry, LeGenD, but with Ahsoka's ascendency Revan falls behind. Not a mark against Revan, but Ahsoka is Palpatine-tier now, she would massacre most.

The Ellimist
Count Dooku; Anakin Skywalker; Naga Sadow = no chance at all

You didn't read my stipulations - in a saber duel, the first two have significantly better feats and accolades, and so would likely gain the upper hand. It's just a matter of getting to that point, which depends a lot on starting conditions, etc.

Vitiate thought Nadd was a legitimate threat to his reign.

I'm sort of powerscaling with Ragnos, but Vader has the superior dueling feats, and quite frankly superior feats in the Force thanks to The Force Unleashed. The only area where Revanites can press their luck is with powerscaling, hence why I call things debatable. Beating up the strike team seems a lot less impressive given that none of them are anywhere near Vader's level.

Palpatine was scared to take on Plagueis in a fair fight, lol.

Ahsoka would oneshot Revan lol.

|King Joker|
LeGenD should probably learn the ground realities of Ahsoka Tano before commenting on her. smile

DarthAnt66
Quote for the Nadd and Vitiate claim from someone other than Gnost-Dural?

DarthAnt66
but Vader has the superior dueling feats,
Like what?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Vader > Palpatine

Palpatine > Revan

Vader >/= Ahsoka > Palpatine > Revan

Sorry, LeGenD, but with Ahsoka's ascendency Revan falls behind. Not a mark against Revan, but Ahsoka is Palpatine-tier now, she would massacre most.
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000043102842/afd562c597df16854a8d8380041d25cc.jpeg

The Ellimist
Like what?

Even as a padawan, Anakin's described by Dooku as one of the best djem so practitioners he's ever seen. By RoS, he's considered to be the strongest and fastest Jedi "maybe of any generation", and proceeds to render one of the greatest swordsmen in the history of the galaxy into an utter joke within like 20 seconds.

Darth Vader loses some of his mobility, which he has mostly compensated for by RotJ, but he grows in raw power. Within weeks of getting into his suit, he's already created his own fighting style that combines elements from a variety of fighting styles including juyo/djem so/makashi/soresu/etc.

Basically, I think his demonstrated and implied technical skill in the dueling golden age signals a higher position relative to the mythos than Revan's very vague lightsaber accolades which could apply to Agen Kolar/Qui Gon. Revan's abilities are more unknown than weak, but in the absence of feats, we have to defer to some sort of average given his surrounding abilities, and that doesn't push him up to Vader's level, given that Vader's technical ability is especially prodigious independent of his strength in the Force.

Trying to compare duelists between eras is incredibly haphazard, but given that Vader stands out as a duelist more in a stronger dueling era, I'd give him the edge.

Nephthys
I think Revan might be able to beat Vader in sabers if he spams teleport to take advantage of Vader's lack of mobility and maneuverability.

The Ellimist
Peak Vader isn't slow, but yeah teleportation is haxxed.

AncientPower
Not sure which induces more hysteria, Revan doing anything like massacring Kun or Revan being an equal to Plagueis.

Prove he can even beat Vader first.

Beniboybling
Who can't? rolling on floor laughing

Nephthys
Ahsoka.

FreshestSlice
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4542284-9254045775-ezgif.gif

How times change.
Kill yourself.

Trocity
Palpatine was scared to take on Plagueis in a fair fight, lol.

TPM Palpatine.

Legend has Revan slightly above ROTS Palpatine.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
Not sure which induces more hysteria, Revan doing anything like massacring Kun or Revan being an equal to Plagueis.

Prove he can even beat Vader first.
How have you been doing without me to keep you company all these months, my dear Kulvax?

Syndicate
Even as a padawan, Anakin's described by Dooku as one of the best djem so practitioners he's ever seen.

Um. Can I get the quote for this? I had thought Anakin and Obi Wan had practiced Ataru in AotC.

Nephthys
Yeah, I think Ellimist might be thinking of RotS Anakin who, uh, wasn't quite a padawan.

NewGuy01
LOL WHAT?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
That was back when everyone thought Revan was below Vader and each Dread Master was above Vader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.