Hero of Tython vs. DE Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
force, sabers, all out

carthage
Its pronounced TEEN, like Ovaltine

carthage
Woah. Now we're getting X rated

FreshestSlice
lolspite thread.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
lolspite thread.
This isn't a spite thread by any stretch of imagination.

FreshestSlice
How? DE Palpatine has some of the most powerful showings of all Force users in the mythos. While he may not stack up in sabers, which I'm not so sure of, his Force feats are staggering to say the least. The HoT has shown nothing in direct combat that suggests that he could fight DE Palpatine and defeat him.

That being said, carthage hasn't shown a high opinion of the HoT in the past, which is why he picked DE Palpatine in the first place.

Of course this also all depends on where you place weakened Vitiate on the ladder to DE Palpatine in direct combat showings. I probably don't agree.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
How? DE Palpatine has some of the most powerful showings of all Force users in the mythos. While he may not stack up in sabers, which I'm not so sure of, his Force feats are staggering to say the least. The HoT has shown nothing in direct combat that suggests that he could fight DE Palpatine and defeat him.

That being said, carthage hasn't shown a high opinion of the HoT in the past, which is why he picked DE Palpatine in the first place.

Of course this also all depends on where you place weakened Vitiate on the ladder to DE Palpatine in direct combat showings. I probably don't agree.
I am aware of what DE Palpatine is capable of, given sufficient time, he might just one-shot the Jedi with Force Storm (Wormhole) power.

However, HoT also have insane strength, speed and dueling abilities. He can prevent Palpatine from unleashing his most potent powers and possibly even outduel him, strike him down or something.

Some people think that Sidious is unlikely to be outdueled because of his quick dismissal of 3 Jedi Masters in a battle but this isn't the case. Mace, Yoda and Luke demonstrated that it is certainly possible to outduel Sidious. HoT matches the quality of these Jedi.

Nalaniel
Hero of Tython < Yoda < DE Sidious

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I am aware of what DE Palpatine is capable of, given sufficient time, he might just one-shot the Jedi with Force Storm (Wormhole) power.

However, HoT also have insane strength, speed and dueling abilities. He can prevent Palpatine from unleashing his most potent powers and possibly even outduel him, strike him down or something.

Some people think that Sidious is unlikely to be outdueled because of his quick dismissal of 3 Jedi Masters in a battle but this isn't the case. Mace, Yoda and Luke demonstrated that it is certainly possible to outduel Sidious. HoT matches the quality of these Jedi.
Good points, but didn't DE Sidious outduel Luke, and Luke again only dueled effectively against him because of Leia's amp? Mace used Vaapad against Palpatine, something HoT doesn't have, and while I have no doubts that the HoT can achieve Yoda level power, they have not yet.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nalaniel

thumb up fact.

Fated Xtasy

thumb up

Sinious

While this is true, I wouldn't just end this by saying Sidious wins.

HoT could give him a good fight. HoT has successfully defended against Emperor's Voice's force attacks. (Its impressive even though the Voice was weakened) He is also an excellent duelist.

However, I don't see how HoT could out duel him while defending against Sidious' incredibly powerful force offense. HoT would be overwhelmed at some point and lower his guard against Sidious which get him killed instantly.

Sidious was also expert at deception in combat. Especially in lightsaber duels. He could even make HoT think that he is winning and then strike him down unexpectedly.

Both in sabers and force Palpatine is superior.

Nonetheless, I still think it would be a really good fight.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Sinious
Sidious was also expert at deception in combat. Especially in lightsaber duels. He could even make HoT think that he is winning and then strike him down unexpectedly.
Yes... deception in combat is very effective thumb up

Sinious
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yes... deception in combat is very effective thumb up

Especially if the victim isn't very experienced in combat which is the case with HoT. It would be harder to trick the likes of Scourge for example.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
whoa whoa whoa.....HoT isn't experienced in combat?

FreshestSlice
TOR is 3+ years of only combat experience, you do know this, Sinious? I'd say they're more experienced than Palpatine in that regard, though Palpatine in undoubtedly more powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.