Son vs. Darth Vader ROTS, Exar Kun, DE Palpatine, Orbalisk Bane, Reborn Krayt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The son

DarthAnt66
Son one-shots everyone sans DE Palpatine.
He two-shots him.

WildBantha88
Dark Transfer, Essence Transfer, Gauntlet Blasts, Force Storms, Foce Waves, Force Lightning, ect. Sonny boy you must weather all of this and more to win this fight

Nephthys
Without Tulak Hord these guys are in trouble.

FreshestSlice
Is it on Mortis? If then, Vader solos. RotS Vader>TCW Anakin.

Anywhere else, the Son probably takes it.

S_W_LeGenD
Team

The_Tempest
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Is it on Mortis? If then, Vader solos. RotS Vader>TCWAnakin.

Anywhere else, the Son probably takes it.

This assumes dark side!Anakin (Vader) can assume control of his Mortis powers.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by The_Tempest
This assumes dark side!Anakin (Vader) can assume control of his Mortis powers.
Good point.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Team
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-02-2014/jgVImo.gif

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-02-2014/jgVImo.gif
So?

Disarming Jedi like that and sending them packing with a Force wave - are realistic possibilities for powerful Force-users in general. The Son isn't the only one capable of pulling this off.

---

Sith Strike Team, mentioned in this thread, is simply too much.

DarthAnt66
Wait...
You were actually serious. O.o

He *cannot* be killed without the Dagger of Mortis.
I question if mortal attacks can even affect him at all.

S_W_LeGenD
Wait...
You were actually serious. O.o

He *cannot* be killed without the Dagger of Mortis.
I question if mortal attacks can even affect him at all.
Dagger of Mortis is quick way to put him down.

Abeloth is just like these beings and she was downed without the use of Dagger of Mortis. However, Luke still wanted the Dagger just to prepare for possibility of return of Abeloth.

The Ones aren't omnipotent or infallible. The Father was in decline and would have eventually perished, as evidence.

DarthAnt66
Once again, it seems the Mortis family is unaffected by any Mortal weapons, including lightsabers.
I don't see anyway of the team winning this. They don't have the Dagger. The Son is beyond even Abeloth.

S_W_LeGenD
Once again, it seems the Mortis family is unaffected by any Mortal weapons, including lightsabers.
I don't see anyway of the team winning this. They don't have the Dagger. The Son is beyond even Abeloth.
Force powers will do the job. Lightsaber is not needed.

And you are mistaken if you think that Son is stronger then Abeloth. The latter entity is a product of both Font of Power and Pool of Knowledge nexuses while Son is product of Font of Power nexus only.

Nephthys
Abeloth is just like these beings and she was downed without the use of Dagger of Mortis. However, Luke still wanted the Dagger just to prepare for possibility of return of Abeloth.

Abeloth wasn't a true One. Her power was unnatural iirc.

The_Tempest
FTR, the official Star Wars blog confirms Abeloth is lesser than the Mortis Anchorites.

DarthAnt66
The Son outclasses them all in Force abilities by far.
His powers are said to be capable of tearing the very fabric of the universe.
Abeloth is confirmed to be weaker then the Son. erm Learn your lore.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
Abeloth wasn't a true One. Her power was unnatural iirc.
Abeloth is just like The Ones, possibly even more powerful then Father. Unlike Father, she was not in decline.

DarthAnt66
The Father is the confirmed most powerful character in Star Wars, lol.

Nephthys

So are Sidious'. wink

DarthAnt66
True enough, just on a *much* smaller scale.
Vader, Kun, Krayt, and Bane are non-factors tbh.

S_W_LeGenD
The Son outclasses them all in Force abilities by far.
Even DE Palpatine?

That is a claim made by The Father and he was trying to manipulate Anakin to do his bidding.

This is the latest revelation: http://www.starwars.com/databank/son

Wreaking havoc in the galaxy doesn't implies that The Son would rip the galaxy apart or something. It is just a symbolic way to point out that he will cause lot of trouble to the Republic if he ventures out from Mortis.

Abeloth is confirmed to be weaker then the Son. erm Learn your lore.
Where?

Nephthys
Sel Makor was also said to threaten all of existance btw. Maybe he's a peer of the Son. smile

S_W_LeGenD
The Father is the confirmed most powerful character in Star Wars, lol.
Opinion of Mr. Chee, not an official declaration.

S_W_LeGenD
Sel Makor was also said to threaten all of existance btw. Maybe he's a peer of the Son. smile
Yes, and same is true for Terror from Beyond and World Razer.

FreshestSlice
Abeloth is just like The Ones, possibly even more powerful then Father. Unlike Father, she was not in decline.
Where is this said?

DarthAnt66
Mr. Chee's word is canon.
He is in charge of Star Wars canon itself, lol.
I hold his word on like T-Canon level, perhaps higher.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
not sure about the TFB or the world razer, but Sel Makor definitely was.

DarthAnt66
Yes. Watch TCW to actually participate in a debate.

LMFAO. So we are ignoring all previous statements of him?
He is still beyond any Sith in history by far, which is also canon.
You can't use a databank that excludes EU for a EU debate. erm

S_W_LeGenD
Where is this said?
My point is based on following reasons:

1. Abeloth had been trapped by special arrangements in a cluster known as MAW, she was so powerful and dangerous. The Ones facilitated in this development.

2. The Father, at some point, began to decline and would have eventually perished. However, Abeloth was absolutely fine.

Emperordmb
Yeah I'm not sure official statements made in the Disney Continuity from now on can be applied in the Legends Continuity

DarthAnt66
thumb up You can't use those databank entries for EU. It's only logical.

Nephthys
Yes, and same is true for Terror from Beyond and World Razer.

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
not sure about the TFB or the world razer, but Sel Makor definitely was.

Huh, really? I was joking.

Emperordmb
Opinion of Mr. Chee, not an official declaration.
There is the official T-canon statement you are choosing to ignore because it places the Ones above your precious SWTOR characters.

"There, they discover three beings more powerful with the Force than any Jedi have seen before."

The Ones>Vitiate. Stop deluding yourself.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Huh, really? I was joking.

Im talking about beings that threaten existence. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

ares834
thumb up You can't use those databank entries for EU. It's only logical.

Hmm... I dunno.

The newest revelation on Vitiate is rather enlightening.

S_W_LeGenD
Yes. Watch TCW so actually participate in a debate.
Does it makes difference?

Events of DE take place after the fall of The Ones.

I am not ignoring anything. Yes, TCW promotes Son in such a manner but BioWare disagrees. Official databank also have reduced the hype of The Ones.

There never have been a consensus on matters of "most powerful" in case of Star Wars.

ares834
I am not ignoring anything. Yes, TCW promotes Son in such a manner but BioWare disagrees.

Cool. Bioware is wrong though. T canon > C canon. Not sure why you have so much trouble grasping this simple concept.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ares834
Hmm... I dunno.

The newest revelation on Vitiate is rather enlightening.

Lmao.

DarthAnt66
@ares Exactly. thumb up
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vitiate
That's ****ing hilarious, lmfao. ^

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Emperordmb
There is the official T-canon statement you are choosing to ignore because it places the Ones above your precious SWTOR characters.

"There, they discover three beings more powerful with the Force than any Jedi have seen before."

The Ones>Vitiate. Stop deluding yourself.
My precious SWTOR characters?

Did I write SWTORE? It is a product of collaboration between BioWare and LucasArts.

DarthAnt66
You are ignoring the point of his post.

FreshestSlice
My point is based on following reasons:

1. Abeloth had been trapped by special arrangements in a cluster known as MAW, she was so powerful and dangerous. The Ones facilitated in this development.

2. The Father, at some point, began to decline and would have eventually perished. However, Abeloth was absolutely fine.
Yet was still able to hold his children and Abeloth in check. erm

Either way, my point was, nothing suggests that Abeloth is as powerful as any of the Ones. Stating that she lived longer doesn't really support that she is more powerful.

Emperordmb
I am not ignoring anything. Yes, TCW promotes Son in such a manner but BioWare disagrees.
And TCW>Bioware in terms of canon. T-canon overwrites C-canon.

Official databank also have reduced the hype of The Ones.
I don't see how it reduces their hype at all. Sure its accolades aren't as great as their TCW accolades, but it does not contradict those accolades, nor does it demonstrate a limit for the Ones.

I also doubt we can even count the Official Databank in the Legends continuity anymore. hell by that token Vitiate doesn't even exist.

There never have been a consensus on matters of "most powerful" in case of Star Wars.
the fact of the matter is that the Ones' accolade that states them to be superior to Vitiate hasn't been contradicted in a source of equal or higher canon standing.

Stop deluding yourself and trying to pretend Vitiate is the most powerful character ever.

S_W_LeGenD
Yet was still able to hold his children and Abeloth in check. erm

Either way, my point was, nothing suggests that Abeloth is as powerful as any of the Ones. Stating that she lived longer doesn't really support that she is more powerful.
- Abeloth is product of Font of Power and Pool of Knowledge
- Son is product of Font of Power
- Daughter is product of Pool of Knowledge

Do the math.

FreshestSlice
- Abeloth is product of Font of Power and Pool of Knowledge
- Son is product of Font of Power
- Daughter is product of Pool of Knowledge

Do the math.
Except the Son and Daughter were already powerful before using the Font and Pool respectively. Nothing suggests that Abeloth was anywhere near their level even afterwards. The Father still held more control, her not aging doesn't prove that she was more powerful.

S_W_LeGenD
And TCW>Bioware in terms of canon. T-canon overwrites C-canon.
If you are looking at this matter from 'canon versus legends' perspective, then I cannot say much to you. You are simply taking advantage of Disney's latest canon policy.

However, Disney Administration have pointed out that it is not dismissing the credibility of legends, just that it will recognize every kind of contribution to the lore as canon post-takeover.

I don't see how it reduces their hype at all. Sure its accolades aren't as great as their TCW accolades, but it does not contradict those accolades, nor does it demonstrate a limit for the Ones.
SWTORE was released after Season 3 of TCW which contains episodes featuring The Ones. Authorities behind TCW had no idea that BioWare would contradict their vision about most powerful Force-user but SWTORE was given go-ahead for publication regardless.

The renewed official databank is representative of vision of Disney Administration itself, not representative of vision of Mr. Lucas and his colleagues. Some changes have been made to previous G-canon ground realities in this latest development. As an example, Anakin is no longer touted as having the potential to become the most powerful Force-user ever, Yoda is no longer touted as the most powerful Jedi in history and The Ones are not touted to be the strongest Force-users that Jedi have ever come across. In short, room for creative liberties exists.

Of-course, Disney Administration is not going to undo TCW series itself. Therefore, older accolade is not out of the picture.

However, if I am dismiss a BioWare's accolade then why not dismiss pre-takeover EU on the whole? Why double standards?

Get my position now?

I also doubt we can even count the Official Databank in the Legends continuity anymore. hell by that token Vitiate doesn't even exist.
Renewed official databank is canon and represents vision of Disney Administration itself.

Yes, Vitiate is currently stuff of legends as per latest canon policy.

However, interestingly, Great Galactic War have been referenced in TCW.

the fact of the matter is that the Ones' accolade that states them to be superior to Vitiate hasn't been contradicted in a source of equal or higher canon standing.
See above

Stop deluding yourself and trying to pretend Vitiate is the most powerful character ever.
I personally don't care if he is regarded as the most powerful Force-user ever or not, I do give importance to legends content however and Emperor have been promoted in multiple sources as most powerful Force-users ever.

Now, if you are disregarding legends, then do it in its entirety instead of pick and choose within it. Do not exercise double standards.

S_W_LeGenD
Except the Son and Daughter were already powerful before using the Font and Pool respectively.
And you know this how?

Nothing suggests that Abeloth was anywhere near their level even afterwards. The Father still held more control, her not aging doesn't prove that she was more powerful.
Abeloth was trapped within MAW. She have nothing to do with Father's control over Son and Daughter.

Emperordmb
If you are looking at this matter from 'canon versus legends' perspective, then I cannot say much to you. You are simply taking advantage of Disney's latest canon policy.

This is not what I was saying at all. I was referencing the Canon hierarchy within the Legends continuity, where TCW is a part of T-canon, SWTOR is a part of C-canon, and T-canon trumps C-canon.

I was not including the Disney Continuity in this at all.

SWTORE was released after Season 3 of TCW which contains episodes featuring The Ones. Authorities behind TCW had no idea that BioWare would contradict their vision about most powerful Force-user but SWTORE was given go-ahead for publication nonetheless.
That's not how these things work. C-canon does not trump T-canon regardless of publication dates. With both of these statements in the lore contradicting eachother, the statement that constitutes a higher level of canon trumps the other.

The renewed official databank is representative of vision of Disney Administration itself, not a work of Mr. Lucas and his colleagues. Some changes have been made to previous G-canon ground realities in this latest development. As an example, Anakin is no longer touted as having the potential to become the most powerful Force-user ever, Yoda is no longer touted as the most powerful Jedi in history and The Ones are not touted to be the strongest Force-users that Jedi have ever come across. In short, room for creative liberties exists.

Of-course, Disney Management is not going to undo TCW series itself. Therefore, older accolade is not out of the picture.
It's hard to tell, but if you are acting as if the Databank not mentioning their accolades makes those accolades worthless, then that is not true at all. These accolades have not been contradicted at all in the databanks.

However, if I am dismiss a BioWare's accolade then why not dismiss pre-takeover EU on the whole? Why double standards?

Get my position now?
There are no double standards on my part here. I am not arguing Canon and Legends continuities, I am arguing the canon heiarchy within the Legends continuity.

Renewed official databank is canon and represents vision of Disney Administration itself.

Yes, Vitiate is currently stuff of legends as per latest canon policy.

However, interestingly, Great Galactic War have been referenced in TCW.
The renewed Databank, since it follows the whole Legends/Canon split no longer has any impact on the Legends continuity.

I personally don't care if he is regarded as the most powerful Force-user ever or not, I do give importance to legends content however and Emperor have been promoted in multiple sources as most powerful Force-users ever.

Now, if you are disregarding legends, then do it in its entirety instead of pick and choose within it. Do not exercise double standards.
You are completely missing my point. I am not arguing stuff is invalid because it is legends, why would I? We are debating in the Legends continuity, so I am not dismissing stuff because of its status as Legends material.

I am not disregarding Legends at all here, and I am certainly not exercising double standards.

My entire point is that within the Legends continuity, the hierarchy of canon within the Legends continuity has T-canon trumping C-canon, which makes TCW's statements more canon than SWTOR's statements. This means that if there is a contradiction, TCW's statements trump SWTOR's statements, even within the Legends continuity.

carthage
Bane dies

S_W_LeGenD
This is not what I was saying at all. I was referencing the Canon hierarchy within the Legends continuity, where TCW is a part of T-canon, SWTOR is a part of C-canon, and T-canon trumps C-canon.

I was not including the Disney Continuity in this at all.

That's not how these things work. C-canon does not trump T-canon regardless of publication dates. With both of these statements in the lore contradicting eachother, the statement that constitutes a higher level of canon trumps the other.

It's hard to tell, but if you are acting as if the Databank not mentioning their accolades makes those accolades worthless, then that is not true at all. These accolades have not been contradicted at all in the databanks.

There are no double standards on my part here. I am not arguing Canon and Legends continuities, I am arguing the canon heiarchy within the Legends continuity.

The renewed Databank, since it follows the whole Legends/Canon split no longer has any impact on the Legends continuity.

You are completely missing my point. I am not arguing stuff is invalid because it is legends, why would I? We are debating in the Legends continuity, so I am not dismissing stuff because of its status as Legends material.

I am not disregarding Legends at all here, and I am certainly not exercising double standards.

My entire point is that within the Legends continuity, the hierarchy of canon within the Legends continuity has T-canon trumping C-canon, which makes TCW's statements more canon than SWTOR's statements. This means that if there is a contradiction, TCW's statements trump SWTOR's statements, even within the Legends continuity.
Older canon hierarchy is no longer valid.

It is now legends content and canon content.

Emperordmb
Older canon hierarchy is no longer valid.

It is now legends content and canon content.
The older canon hierarchy is no longer valid in the Canon continuity, because Disney is micromanaging it to make sure everything fits together right. There is no need for it in the Canon/Disney continuity.

The Legends continuity is a different story however.

S_W_LeGenD
The older canon hierarchy is no longer valid in the Canon continuity, because Disney is micromanaging it to make sure everything fits together right. There is no need for it in the Canon/Disney continuity.

The Legends continuity is a different story however.
Legends continuity doesn't have hierarchies either.

Emperordmb
Legends continuity doesn't have hierarchies either.
Bullshit.

S_W_LeGenD
Bullshit.
How?

Emperordmb
How?
Disney changed it because they were making Canon into one seamless continuity. This has no bearing on legends.

S_W_LeGenD
Disney changed it because they were making Canon into one seamless continuity. This has no bearing on legends.
I am not getting you here.

Older canon hierarchies have been dismissed and new canon policy have been proposed by Disney Administration. According to this new canon policy, content have been classified in to two types:

1. Canon
2. Legends

Canon content represents all works of Mr. Lucas. However, every contribution to the lore post-takeover is part of canon continuity.

The entire EU lore pre-takeover represents Legends continuity.

Clear now?

Emperordmb
I am not getting you here.

Older canon hierarchies have been dismissed and new canon policy have been proposed by Disney Administration. According to this new canon policy, content have been classified in to two types:

1. Canon
2. Legends

Canon content represents all works of Mr. Lucas. However, every contribution to the lore post-takeover is part of canon continuity.

The entire EU lore pre-takeover represents Legends continuity.

Clear now?
So the EU lore prior to the takeover, which included a hierarchy, is in legends, with the hierarchy still standing.

red8
Wasn't the Son able to casually corrupt the entire planet of Mortis with his Dark Side abilities? And the Daughter was able to heal it back? And they did this on a daily basis?

The Son stomps this.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by red8
Wasn't the Son able to casually corrupt the entire planet of Mortis with his Dark Side abilities? And the Daughter was able to heal it back? And they did this on a daily basis?

The Son stomps this.
Yes...

And the Son and Daughter were able to grant and strip force sensitivity from an entire species at will.

Nephthys
Was Mortis even a planet? It seemed pretty small.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.