ROTJ Luke vs ROTS Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Luke goes back in time to stop Anakin from becoming Vader. Anakin has just turn to the dark side. Battle takes place where Obi fought Anakin.

Who wins?

Impediment
Anakin slaughters Luke.

Kotor3
I forgot to add this to the thread. Leia comes with Luke. Anakins force chokes her. This starts the battle.

quanchi112
Anakin wins.

StealthRanger
ROTJ Vader>Anakin in terms of raw power and Luke was able to evenly match and overpower him

Anakin prolly has an edge in skill in melee though

quanchi112
Originally posted by StealthRanger
ROTJ Vader>Anakin in terms of raw power and Luke was able to evenly match and overpower him

Anakin prolly has an edge in skill in melee though Based on what ? Quit making things up without proof.

StealthRanger
Go away quanchi

quanchi112
Go away quanchi Back your claim.

Impediment
Annie rapes.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment
Annie rapes. thumb up

StealthRanger
Vader casually flinging large metal objects at Luke in ESB. Contrast to his ROTS self who was above Dooku who needed some effort to bring down large rocks from a ceiling

That and it's rather silly to believe he got weaker between ROTS and ANH

quanchi112
Vader casually flinging large metal objects at Luke in ESB. Contrast to his ROTS self who was above Dooku who needed some effort to bring down large rocks from a ceiling

That and it's rather silly to believe he got weaker between ROTS and ANH Look at Annie when he got pissed off Padme died. Far more impressive than that weak display.

Anakin rapes.

StealthRanger
Not even relevant to actual combat

You suck at rebuttals and trolling

quanchi112
Not even relevant to actual combat

You suck at rebuttals and trolling Suit Vader is far slower and if he stands there Anakin would have cleaved him in two. Luke was a loser. He took on a slower, shittier Vader.

We see a noob Luke keep up with him. Awful.

StealthRanger
He was physically stronger and had greater force power than his ROTS self

Vader was holding back against Luke by trying not to kill him. COntext

quanchi112
He was physically stronger and had greater force power than his ROTS self

Vader was holding back against Luke by trying not to kill him. COntext Less Midichlorians.

Slower and less mobility.

Not to the point you're implying. Movements are far slower than Anakin in ep three.

You're always wrong.

playa1258
Anakin

StealthRanger
Originally posted by quanchi112
Less Midichlorians.

Only means anything in terms of potential to become powerful

Does a decent job of keeping up with Obi-Wan

Based on?

Says the guy who thinks Khan or Voldemort>Superman

BruceSkywalker
You should have given Luke his NJO feats mad mad mad mad mad

Luke dies horribly

DTM
Unfortunately the timeframe when ROTJ was made and ROTS was made has alot to do with this fight, as special/fighting effects in film between the decades is a key factor here. Taking that real world issue out of this, personally I feel this is a pretty darn close fight, one in the end I probably would give to Anakin (superior experience and training), but Luke would make him work for it.

RJ 2.0
Anakin. He is way too fast for Luke.

steverules_2
So I guess Obi-Wan> Anakin> Luke? I mean Obi-Wan did defeat Anakin in ROTS

StealthRanger
To be fair, that was more due to Anakin's arrogance and pulling a move that gave Obi-Wan a massive opening rather then Obi being a superior combatant to Anakin

Zack Fair
Luke wins.

quanchi112
Only means anything in terms of potential to become powerful

Does a decent job of keeping up with Obi-Wan

Based on?

Says the guy who thinks Khan or Voldemort>Superman False. He had a higher count and showed greater feats in combat.

Obi is extremely old at this point. Context.

Obi lets Vader attack him in the end.

His feats of speed in episode three when compared to the later films.

laughing out loud

Quit going off topic and pouting about my supported opinions.

Zack Fair
To be fair, that was more due to Anakin's arrogance and pulling a move that gave Obi-Wan a massive opening rather then Obi being a superior combatant to Anakin I dunno. Saying that is kind of a little disservice to Obi-Wan's efforts throughout the entire fight.

dadudemon
To be fair, that was more due to Anakin's arrogance and pulling a move that gave Obi-Wan a massive opening rather then Obi being a superior combatant to Anakin

thumb up

For the trillionth time, Anakin had Obi Wan on the ropes almost the entire fight and Obi Wan was known for his ridiculous defense. Obi Wan is no slouch: he was among the very best of the Jedi.

Still, Anakin had him on the ropes and Obi Wan was working to barely stay alive. It wasn't until Anakin decided to get arrogant up in dat b*tch that he lost.

As for this thread, George Lucas himself indirectly stated the Vader was shitty compared to his prime. Do any of you remember Lucas' words about the fighting being improved in the Prequel Trilogy? Something about a barely trained Jedi and a slow and Cumbersome Cyborg not being comparable to the Jedi at the height of their power.

So, no, Vader was never canonically intended to be better than Anakin. That's only some EU shit.

Zack Fair
I get all of that...but lets not forget Obi-Wan sort of put Anakin in that ridiculous position. If we didn't know about Obi-Wan's bromance for Anakin one could say he baited the bastard into jumping. He was always aware of his surroundings, granted to stay alive and escape Anakin's onslaught.

As for the EU...I'm not going there. Nope. Nope. Nope. Fuq dat.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I get all of that...but lets not forget Obi-Wan sort of put Anakin in that ridiculous position.

Yup, more arrogance from Anakin while Obi Wan was thinking about what was going on.

quanchi112
I get all of that...but lets not forget Obi-Wan sort of put Anakin in that ridiculous position. If we didn't know about Obi-Wan's bromance for Anakin one could say he baited the bastard into jumping. He was always aware of his surroundings, granted to stay alive and escape Anakin's onslaught.

As for the EU...I'm not going there. Nope. Nope. Nope. Fuq dat. He didn't bait him. He pleaded with him not to do so. He was torn up inside and didn't finish him off when he had the chance.

dadudemon
He didn't bait him. He pleaded with him not to do so. He was torn up inside and didn't finish him off when he had the chance.

I say the truth is between both your positions. Obi Wan knew what he was doing but didn't want to do it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by dadudemon
I say the truth is between both your positions. Obi Wan knew what he was doing but didn't want to do it. Obi didn't want him to but knew if he did jump he would end the fight brutally. He didn't want to have to crush Anakin but he did.

Zack Fair
He didn't bait him. He pleaded with him not to do so. He was torn up inside and didn't finish him off when he had the chance. Which is exactly what I said? I just said it would be really easy to think Obi-Wan baited him if we did not know the truth behind his feelings.

Wonder how the saga would have gone down if Obi finished him off right there.

quanchi112
Which is exactly what I said? I just said it would be really easy to think Obi-Wan baited him if we did not know the truth behind his feelings.

Wonder how the saga would have gone down if Obi finished him off right there. One couldn't say he baited him though. That is my point.

Vader actually became cool after the suit. Pre suit ruined Vader for me.

Zack Fair
Ok.

And I agree. Well Vader was balls in RotS barring the "Nooooo"

Its fkn episode 1 and 2 that completely ruin him over

I know we could count Anakin and Vader as being different characters...but god damn it Anakin was so poorly developed it ruins Vader. I really dont know wtf Lucas was thinking.

Kotor3

Kotor3
People also seem to forget that Yoda told Luke no more training needed and sent him to go face Vader. Luke wasn't as untrained as people are saying. There was no reason for Yoda to send Luke to face Vader if he didn't think he was ready.

Zack Fair
Didn't look like Yoda would be able train him anyway. He could've just told Luke what he wanted to hear. *Shrug*Or he probably meant it. I dunno lol.

Kotor3
Didn't look like Yoda would be able train him anyway. He could've just told Luke what he wanted to hear. *Shrug*Or he probably meant it. I dunno lol.

Luke could still see them as force Ghost so I do not see why he still could not have been trained. Obi wan was directing him all the time since ESB. I am posting quotes from the movies that show they felt Luke was ready.

Kotor3
Quotes from ROTJ and ESB:

Yoda: Stopped they must be; on this all depends. Only a fully trained Jedi Knight, with the Force as his ally, will conquer Vader and his Emperor. If you end your training now - if you choose the quick and easy path as Vader did - you will become an agent of evil.

Yoda: No more training do you require. Already know you, that which you need.
Luke: Then I am a Jedi.

Yoda: No. Not yet. One thing remains. Vader. You must confront Vader. Then, only then, a Jedi will you be. And confront him you will.

Darth Vader: I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen.

Yoda: Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke... Luke... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Luke. There is... another... Sky... walker.

Firefly218
Anakin wins. Prequels had better fight choreography

Robtard
Luke casually waves his hand and chokes out his younger-self father. /screenfeats /cantbedenied /pwneditagain /thread

Firefly218
disregard this troll ^

Robtard
Originally posted by Firefly218
disregard this troll ^

Did you not watch Return of The Jedi? /screenfeats

quanchi112
Originally posted by Firefly218
disregard this troll ^ We all do.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Kotor3
Luke could still see them as force Ghost so I do not see why he still could not have been trained. Obi wan was directing him all the time since ESB. I am posting quotes from the movies that show they felt Luke was ready. Yeah you are right thumb up

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Luke casually waves his hand and chokes out his younger-self father. /screenfeats /cantbedenied /pwneditagain /thread

Luke didn't have force choke, nor would he use it, and Anakin was by far a better swordsmen and showed better force control then Luke.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Luke didn't have force choke, nor would he use it, and Anakin was by far a better swordsmen and showed better force control then Luke. He does have force choke. LoL.

Time Immemorial
He does have force choke. LoL.

Really? What movie?

quanchi112
He does have force choke. LoL. Do you believe one force choke could easily end Darth Vader ?

Robtard
Luke didn't have force choke, nor would he use it, and Anakin was by far a better swordsmen and showed better force control then Luke.

He does. He used it in ROTJ.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
He does. He used it in ROTJ.

Oh shit, in Jabbas Palace, so was he dark there?

dadudemon
Oh shit, in Jabbas Palace, so was he dark there?

He choked 2 at once. smile

Better than any choking feats Vader had. big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Zack Fair
Do you believe one force choke could easily end Darth Vader ? Not really.

Time Immemorial
He choked 2 at once. smile

Better than any choking feats Vader had. big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Yea Luke was pretty OP. What is the best force feat he has and whats the best one Anakin has. I don't remember them having any great lifting or TK feats like Yoda or Dooku.

dadudemon
Vader force-crushed all the equipment in the medical room right after becoming "suit" Vader. That's the best TK or force feat between the two.

But we're going to get probably better ones in Eps 7-9. smile

KuRuPT Thanosi
Some of you guys crack me up... ROTJ Vader was FAR FAR above Anakin in the force. Anakin was quiet pedestrian in the force compared to Suit Vader.

What are people talking about Vader not having feats or being formidable in his suit.. he went around killing Jedi left and right in his suit. He was force choking people from far far way while looking at them through a screen. Sure he was slower and not as agile.. but the suit also gave him added durability and strength since he was part mechanized now.

As far the thread.. Anakin crushes Luke if they fought.. Luke was a relative noob by that point and wasn't the swordsman than Anakin was... nor was he as powerful in the force as Anakin was. Obviously if this was NJO Luke he would casually wave his hand and crush Aankin... this isn't though and he's a relative noob at this point.

dadudemon
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Some of you guys crack me up... ROTJ Vader was FAR FAR above Anakin in the force. Anakin was quiet pedestrian in the force compared to Suit Vader.

What are people talking about Vader not having feats or being formidable in his suit.. he went around killing Jedi left and right in his suit. He was force choking people from far far way while looking at them through a screen. Sure he was slower and not as agile.. but the suit also gave him added durability and strength since he was part mechanized now.

As far the thread.. Anakin crushes Luke if they fought.. Luke was a relative noob by that point and wasn't the swordsman than Anakin was... nor was he as powerful in the force as Anakin was. Obviously if this was NJO Luke he would casually wave his hand and crush Aankin... this isn't though and he's a relative noob at this point.

I mean, if you want to contradict George Lucas, himself, on this, be my guest.

No one will take you seriously, though. no expression

Time Immemorial

Why the hell not, he contradicted himself all the timesmile

dadudemon

Well, then, by all means: post a newer quote where he contradicts himself. If you had something, I'd be willing to concede this point switch sides.

Time Immemorial
Well, then, by all means: post a newer quote where he contradicts himself. If you had something, I'd be willing to concede this point switch sides.

Lol, I'm just bullshitting yousmile

dadudemon
Oh. Well, I'm not opposed to changing my mind, though. Evidence is evidence. smile

Time Immemorial
Oh. Well, I'm not opposed to changing my mind, though. Evidence is evidence. smile

This is basically based off power scaling at this point. Anakin showed way more power and better with a saber but Luke has some great feats as well. It's hard for me too decide.

Kotor3
Quotes from Vader in ANH:

Darth Vader: I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master.
Obi-Wan: Only a master of evil, Darth.

Darth Vader: Your powers are weak, old man.

Clear Vader is stating that he is more powerful then in ROTS.

focus4chumps

{citation needed}

don't recall GL ever commenting on vader losing any of his power/ability with the force that didn't require agility or physical speed.

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

choking someone out from some another part of a super-star destroyer is quite a feat of control, which ROTS anakin/vader does not display...nor any other character for that matter. however that doesn't mean he can fling heavy shit around at the same distance.

with that said, i think it all comes down to the playing field. in close quarters/duel anakin dices luke. anyone that wants to debate this shoukd immediately be tranquilized and strapped down. however i think it too presumptuous to dismiss luke's force capabilities as inferior if we're going by screen feats. luke lifted an xwing...and yes he dropped it because he gave up like a sissy, but what's the heaviest thing anakin's lifted?*

*this is why i think strict adherence to screen feats can get silly. of course anakin wins. but someone could make the preceding points and have a valid argument.

DTM

Funny, I was Just about to say this in response to the contradicting Lucas comment. smile

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by DTM
Funny, I was Just about to say this in response to the contradicting Lucas comment. smile

big grin

It's xyz!
Luke > Vader > Anakin

Is it even worth debating?

quanchi112
Luke is greater than older, shittier Vader but Anakin at his peak would wipe his ass with Luke.

jinXed by JaNx
That's irrelevant because it's here-say. Look at what Luke accomplished in the short time of his training. Anakin fell victim to Palpatine and was fatally wounded by Obi Wan. Luke overthrew Palpatine and bested Vadar.

RJ 2.0
ROTS Vader was a superior saber duelist, ROTJ Vader was a superior master of the force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.