Darth Malak runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I know I made a Malak gauntlet a long time ago, but IDGAF. So, how far does he get, with full rest/healing in between:

1. Coleman Trebor
2. AotC Kenobi
3. Kit Fisto
4. S5 Ventress
5. TPM Maul

Boss: Count Dooku

Note: This is Malak without the amplifying powers of the star forge, and each fight takes place on neutral, flat ground.

carthage
Loses all. I'll be generous and say he might take 1 with HIGH difficulty, Coleman would be a tough opponent for Darth Bane

NewGuy01
Loses at 4, though 3 could be argued.

S_W_LeGenD
Come on, Malak isn't that bad.

He will likely reach Count and this particular battle might go either way.

NewGuy01
lol

Based
Originally posted by NewGuy01
lol

King Joker
Loses at 4, though 3 could be argued. thumb up

The Merchant
I say Kit Fisto can actually pull off a win.

Q99
I'm going to say I think Malak deserves more credit. Even Ventress, he has a nice force edge.

Getting to Dooku is quite possible.

DarthAnt66
He has a saber edge over her as well. erm
After all, that is what he is most famous for.

Kalen Sykes
I don't see him making it past Maul.

DarthAnt66
roll eyes (sarcastic)

FreshestSlice
Malak could probably beat TPM Maul, don't know if he could defeat the Count though.

carthage
He has good saber feats like getting shitcanned by a Mandalorian and dying against Revan. He is a master duelist

DarthAnt66
Like Anakin got destroyed by A'Sharad Hett?

carthage
Anakin ROTS would ragdoll Malak and kill him

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Like Anakin got destroyed by A'Sharad Hett?
- - - -
Your argument for Mandalore holds the same for Hett, bro.

Nalaniel
I'm not sure if he can beat Maul, but Dooku will definitely kill him.

Nephthys
Loses at 4, though 3 could be argued.

thumb up

The_Tempest
TPM!Maul and Malak would be a really good fight, imho. But he can't take Dooku, imho, especially without the amplifying powers of the Star Forge.

DarthAnt66
thumb up The rest of you disgust me for thinking he would lose to Fisto.
You all should checkout my Malak thread: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-malaks-combat-overview/97192/

The_Tempest
thumb up The rest of you disgust me for thinking he would lose to Fisto.
You all should checkout my Malak thread: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-malaks-combat-overview/97192/

I don't think the notion of Malak losing to Fisto is entirely outside the realm of probability. Fisto is one of the most accomplished duelists in galactic history; Malak does have better Force feats, though. I'd probably give Malak the nod 6 or 7 times out of 10.

DarthAnt66
Except whatever Force feats Malak has, his lightsaber skills must be superior, according to Mr. Drew.

The_Tempest
Except whatever Force feats Malak has, his lightsaber skills must be superior, according to Mr. Drew.

"Mr. Drew"? Address Karpyshyn by his last name, please. Anything else reminds me of LeGenD and you really ought to distance yourself from that guy.

That Malak is a superior swordsman than a Force adept doesn't really change anything for me since Malak isn't necessarily a superior Force adept vis a vis Fisto; he just has much better feats.

Karpyshyn's commentary is, more or less, what compels me to give him the benefit of the doubt when comparing him to Fisto as a swordsman in the first place. But it doesn't change Fisto's own renown with a blade and it doesn't prove that Malak is the superior duelist.

DarthAnt66
Alright. embarrasment

Malak *is* the superior Force adept. TKing Revan and that Mandalorian alone should prove that.
Malak's Force abilities were stated to be "extraordinary", "incredible", and "masterful." Fisto's are not.

Darth Malak's combat skills has been directly compared to Revan's military genius, in which according to Wizards of the Coast, is Revan's greatest factor.
On top of this, Drew *Karpyshyn* stated that Darth Malak's lightsaber skills are superior to Revan's. Meanwhile, Revan is a master duelist with a lot of combat feats I am sure you are familiar with.

The_Tempest
Malak *is* the superior Force adept. TKing Revan and that Mandalorian alone should prove that.

As I said, Malak has the superior Force feats.

Malak's Force abilities were stated to be "extraordinary", "incredible", and "masterful." Fisto's are not.

Unamplified Malak has no such appellations to his name, as I recall.

Darth Malak's combat skills has been directly compared to Revan's military genius, in which according to Wizards of the Coast, is Revan's greatest factor.
On top of this, Drew *Karpyshyn* stated that Darth Malak's lightsaber skills are superior to Revan's. Meanwhile, Revan is a master duelist with a lot of combat feats I am sure you are familiar with.

Which doesn't mean Malak's combat skills were necessarily equal to Revan's tactical prowess, merely that his skills were his defining trait whereas Revan's was his intellect.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by The_Tempest
"Mr. Drew"? Address Karpyshyn by his last name, please. Anything else reminds me of LeGenD and you really ought to distance yourself from that guy.
I was wondering why reading that made me want to claw my eyes out.

I guess now I know

DarthAnt66
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-03-2014/L4wmhp.gif

"The ruling Dark Lord of the Sith is a master of the Dark Side of the Force."
―Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

"Malak's incredible power incacpiates both Carth and Bastila..."
―Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Prima Guide

"An imposing figure with ghostly pale features, prominent Sith tattoos, a gleaming red lightsaber, and devastating Dark Side power, Malak struck terror into the hearts of his former allies."
―Wizards of the Coast: Darth Malak

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-malak-respect-thread/97104/

No, you don't understand (I didn't explain well enough).

"While many credited the Revanchist's military strategies for the campaign success, others were quick to point to Alex's fierce courage and relentless fury on the forefront of every battle as the key part to Republic victory."
―The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

And then, another source states Revan's military genius is his greatest factor. They are two independent sources.

Nephthys
Fierce courage and relentless fury =/= lightsaber skill.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys (Fixed Edition)
Fierce courage and relentless fury on the forefront of every battle=combat skill.

Also, the quote nearly parallels another one:
"Malak gained a reputation as a headstrong warrior who would recklessly charge into danger."
―Star Wars Databanks: Darth Malak

Nephthys
And that's impressive?

DarthAnt66
Being compared to Revan's military genius? Highly impressive.

S_W_LeGenD
So subscribing Mr. to someone's name is now an issue?

People need to grow up and get some life.

My disliking of Revan novel doesn't means that I should disrespect the author as a person.

@DarthAnt66

If you expect a breakthrough in your discussion with that guy, you are wasting your time. You got to stay from that guy, really.

Don't believe me? Look no further then this thread for evidence on his behavior: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t597205.html

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
http://i.lvme.me/743pv7l.jpg

The_Tempest
Really, LeGenD, you try too hard.

S_W_LeGenD
ninja

FreshestSlice
Is Malak amped on the Leviathan? Bastilia seems to imply that she wasn't amped in the Temple, but somehow was on the space station overhead. The Leviathan was far away from the Star Forge at the time, and nowhere near a nexus, Manaan being the closest planet.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No, Malak isn't amped on the Leviathan.

FreshestSlice
That's why I was confused as to why Malak didn't have any unamped feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.