Meetra Surik vs. TPM Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yep, I'm goin there....

Sabers, force, all out

carthage
Maul.

S_W_LeGenD
Surik

The_Tempest
Originally posted by carthage
Maul.

thumb up

Good fight, though.

NTJack0
I'd like for Meetra to win, but feats why she's been screwed up.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If we were to just take the jedi exile into account, she wins.

Kalen Sykes
Good fight, but Maul wins.

NewGuy01
Maul wins, like Nyriss did.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by The_Tempest
thumb up

Good fight, though.

thumb up

red8
The Exile wins.

Sinious
Exile>TPM Maul>Meetra

NewGuy01
Stop trying, my friend. You can't redeem Surik from her shame against Nryiss. The outcome is inevitable. Your striving is insignificant. Let your deathconcession be the same.

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Stop trying, my friend. You can't redeem Surik from her shame against Nryiss. The outcome is inevitable.

I've just started playing KOTOR 2 again. I can't let go that easily. Plus Darth Nyriss is bad ass.

That's my joke. sad

FreshestSlice
Nyriss was going to disintegrate Scourge as well on a Dark Side nexus and even managed to do it to herself. Let's not pretend that the Exile, a Light Sider on a Dark Side nexus, is showing weakness by not being able to block it with a shield.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Nyriss was going to disintegrate Scourge as well on a Dark Side nexus and even managed to do it to herself. Let's not pretend that the Exile, a Light Sider on a Dark Side nexus, is showing weakness by not being able to block it with a shield.
Dromund Kaas is not a nexus in its entirety.

However, you have a point. thumb up

Meetra Surik was able to call upon the light side of the Force and use her powers in Dromund Kaas. This is impressive keeping in mind that she pulled this off in a planet strong in the dark side on the whole.

FreshestSlice
It doesn't have to be a nexus in it's entirety for that point. She lived in Kaas City.

Nephthys
Only the Dark Temple is specifically a darkside nexus.

Sinious
Originally posted by Nephthys
Only the Dark Temple is specifically a darkside nexus.

thumb up

FreshestSlice
While areas near the Dark Temple were definitely more concentrated then others, the entire planet was still strong in Dark Side energy from the Sith that lived there.

Nephthys
I still doubt that. Darkside nexus' like the Dark Temple as known to cause extreme adverse affects like, you know, insanity and shit from being on them. An Imperial civilisation living there for a millennia without any notable problems suggests either it's not actually a full nexus or that it's so weak as to be insignificant. If it doesn't affect normal humans, why would it affect Sith?

FreshestSlice
I don't believe any of those problems with the Dark Temple started until Kallig passed the trials on Korriban. At that point, Aloysius awoke and started causing problems that lead to more Sith spectres awaking, and so on. At least that is how the other Sith seem to imply it began.

Nephthys
Naw, a thousand slaves went insane from building tunnels too close to it.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I don't believe any of those problems with the Dark Temple started until Kallig passed the trials on Korriban. At that point, Aloysius awoke and started causing problems that lead to more Sith spectres awaking, and so on. At least that is how the other Sith seem to imply it began.
No, events surrounding the Dark Temple is a product of EVIL of Emperor Vitiate. Many visitors went insane and died in that region.

FreshestSlice
Ah, I see, still, I think most of the planet is considered nexus, or at least the areas around the Temple and Kaas City, despite people living there and remaining sane, though the Dark Temple clearly a much stronger one then. From the Holonet:

" Power hungry, the Emperor spent great energy discovering and perfecting esoteric rites of darkness – rituals that wrecked the atmosphere of Dromund Kaas, transforming the ionosphere into a swirling electric storm......However, Dromund Kaas remains home to both the Emperor and his Dark Council. Even though the planet is bristling with the energy of the dark side, it is the Imperial military that has the largest visible presence on Dromund Kaas. "

S_W_LeGenD
Nexus represents a strong concentration of energy, so strong that it can influence surroundings.

In the Kaas City, normal people also live and do just fine. Now send these people to Dark Temple and see what happens.

FreshestSlice
Your definition of a nexus is very strict. I don't think it needs to drive you insane to be a nexus. Dromund Kaas' entire atmosphere is gone and the fauna changed. Seems enough for me.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Stop trying, my friend. You can't redeem Surik from her shame against Nryiss. The outcome is inevitable. Your striving is insignificant. Let your deathconcession be the same.

There's a lot of evidence that suggest she was a lot weaker by the revan novel, why cant you not see that? but your opinion is yours I suppose

NewGuy01
Because there isn't good evidence. It's the fans desperately trying to make up for Drew's bad writing in any way they can.

Meetra as she appears in "Revan" is the canonical Exile, even if she sucks balls.

FreshestSlice
That's not really how canon works. Both are just as valid as the either, and while the most recent is where they rank powerwise, here performance in KotOR II didn't become invalid because of it.

NewGuy01
It's not invalid, but there is no canon evidence to support that she became weaker, nor does common sense back it.

Frankly, before the Malachor arc, Meetra's strength wasn't all that inconsistent with "Revan".

Nephthys
In that case the only explanation is that Nyriss is just that good, to casually defeat a Jedi that ran through a Sith academy on a nexus, godstomped Sion and beat Traya twice in a row. I'd say.... Caedus level easy.

And before the Star Forge arc Revan was no better.

NewGuy01
You're right, Revan really wasn't impressive before the Star Forge.

Also, Traya is canonically more powerful than the Exile anyway. Sion's combat capabilities are in question, and he was only truly defeated because of his feelings for Surik.

Though it's possible Meetra had some sorta wizard connection to Malachor as well stick out tongue

Nephthys
Solo'ing two Terentatek's is impressive.

The Exile defeating a more powerful opponent is only indicative of her sheer combat skill. "Truly defeated" as in she curbstomped him 6 times in a row, before he decided to give up.

DarthAnt66

FreshestSlice

DarthAnt66
I agree. I'm sure looking at the Star Forge and walking through it helped him remember a lot of experiences as a Darth.

NewGuy01
Not impressive.

Impressive, but hardly exceptional.

True.

DarthAnt66
Levitating is a display of great control and mastery over telekinesis.

In comparison to who?
Calo Nord is hyped to have an immense kill record.
Darth Bandon is highly skilled in combat and killed 20+ Jedi.

http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

Also, how about the other bullets? erm

NewGuy01
Obvious and not worth mentioning, or over debated crap that I'd rather not get into in a non-Revan thread.

DarthAnt66
Every thread is a Revan thread bro.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.