Lurtz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kjm87
Was he a made up character, or name anyway, as there is no reference to him in the book. I liked the way that Boromir fought back twice after being shot with arrows, but according to the books, he was found already dead, with no mention of Lurtz - is he meant to be a leader? Don't think that I'm always picking faults with the movies, as I think they are great, as not many films closely follow the book they were made from.

turin
Well i am pretty sure Lurtz is made up. The movie needed kind of climax to the battle scene, so they created him. In the book you dont read anything about the actual fight till it is over and legolas aragorn and gimli discover boromir. I will go home to check my facts, but i am pretty sure that is the way it goes.

Dexx
yeah...they find him stuck to a tree with several arrows in him.
His death in the film is more heroic.

turin
well in both circumstances he dies defending the hobbits, but in the book you dont know what happens. like dexx said they find borimir dead with arrows all through him and piles of orcs around him.

Member.
the movies and the book are different so don't expect too much.

Captain REX
Lurtz was completely made up, and did not exist in the books.

DeepThought
They had to make up a lot of Urak-Hai stuff, like their actual creation (which I thought qas pretty cool, if still confusing wink)

Captain REX
Yes, they weren't created like that. But I'm not sure they wanted to show Men and Orcs doing 'stuff.' That's what breeding is...

DeepThought
embarrasment Bad Saruman!

Captain REX
Yep, that would have been just gross to watch...

Ack! Bad images entering my mind, BAD IMAGES!!!!

DeepThought
Saruman the mascocist (sp?)

"You have chosen the way of PAIN!!"

aww crap. now I've got images ;p

Captain REX
Please stop, your giving me a headache... sick

undomiel
that is soooo gross!!

Captain REX
No, really?

undomiel
you are the one who said it

Captain REX
*points*

DeepThought made it worse! I was just stating a fact!

DeepThought
I deny any wrongdoing! wink

Captain REX
Fine, live with your guilt... big grin

Anyway, not much to talk about in here except for the "Way of Pain".

DeepThought
What guilt?? wink

Don't make me photshop some really scary photos eek!

darthgaruda
He is a brand new character and there is no reference to him at all in the books.

But despite that I think he is one the the best baddies to appear in a film for years. He is pure evil, he murdered just after he was born. He was the best looking by far of all the Uruk-Hai, he is supposed to play the Witch King in ROTK.

They should not have killed him, but then we would not get the superb death he had. I though it was brilliant the way he went right in Aragorn's face, he did not care that he would die, Lurtz was the best!

This picture was drawn by me, its not finished yet but the face is ok so far.

nazgulinthedark
actually near the very end of the two towers book they say that orcs were indeed messed up elves

Aragorn#1
Hey buddy the Nazgul rule!! wu hu sorry back to the subject! he he, ops

Exa
Yes Nazgul rule big grin

Nice picture, darthgaruda!
I first thought it was from the scetchbook... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.