Planet Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
New Hulk after Avengers

http://collider.com/avengers-2-ending-planet-hulk-movie/

http://www.mtv.com/news/1858659/avengers-planet-hulk-mark-ruffalo/

dadudemon
Good. That's some of the best that Hulk has to offer: Planet Hulk.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by dadudemon
Good. That's some of the best that Hulk has to offer: Planet Hulk.

I like the sound of this.

"Possible Hulk-Centric Plot for AVENGERS 3"

Mindset
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I like the sound of this.

"Possible Hulk-Centric Plot for AVENGERS 3" Pretty sure they want to take a cosmic route with Avengers.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Mindset
Pretty sure they want to take a cosmic route with Avengers.

I wonder if we will see Thanos and Galactus again then.

BruceSkywalker
If this be true than YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
If this be true than YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

haha

This is the part where we get naked and frolic through a pile of Hulk comic books?

BruceSkywalker
haha

This is the part where we get naked and frolic through a pile of Hulk comic books?

lol

I loved Planet Hulk/WWH

I've always felt that doing a planet hulk/wwh film is the best way for them to do a hulk solo film

dadudemon
lol

I loved Planet Hulk/WWH

I've always felt that doing a planet hulk/wwh film is the best way for them to do a hulk solo film

It certainly has the best Hulk characterization or rather the most mature character development for a Hulk story.

Let's hear it for some Skaar action! smile

tkitna
Maybe the Sentry will get some film time in a few years.

wakkawakkawakka
While this is well and good...then what is Disney going to do with Thanos?

Zack Fair
Yeah. Whatever happened to Thanos?

Maybe they will save him for Avengers 6 >_>

Firefly218
I seriously doubt this. Marvel doesn't have enough established characters, and it's not practical. An entire movie of CGI Hulk on an alien planet? Not happening.

Also Tony Stark and Bruce Banner are such good friends.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Zack Fair

Maybe they will save him for Avengers 6 >_>

After GOTG prolly..

BruceSkywalker
It certainly has the best Hulk characterization or rather the most mature character development for a Hulk story.

Let's hear it for some Skaar action! smile

Skaar is a pretty good character

as long as beiber doesn't play him lmao

Time Immemorial
I can't wait to see him but a beating on Ultron and possibly Thanos.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
While this is well and good...then what is Disney going to do with Thanos?

Hate to think someone at Disney does not like Thanos, thus his screen blank.

Shabazz916
forget planet hulk.. just do a hulk vs avengers... and show off hulks real abilities

Kazenji

They're basically using him like the Emperor from Star Wars

so i fail to see why they would make him do his grand appearance straight away.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Kazenji
They're basically using him like the Emperor from Star Wars

so i fail to see why they would make him do his grand appearance straight away.

Makes sense

steverules_2
Skaar is a pretty good character

as long as beiber doesn't play him lmao

Nah he's playing Robin remember shifty

Mindship
Planet Hulk? World War Hulk?

Sentry?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
Nah he's playing Robin remember shifty

harry pothead i thought was embarrasment

jinXed by JaNx
Ida sounds stupid and will fail

Kazenji
That's because you've never read the story itself.

carver9
This will be a good one but no one knows anything about Sentry, so who will be the ending character before he goes world Breaker?

Firefly218
This movie won't happen in the near future. I'm pretty sure Feige has confirmed this isn't happening in some of his press interviews.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by carver9
This will be a good one but no one knows anything about Sentry, so who will be the ending character before he goes world Breaker? Thor.

ares834
Originally posted by Firefly218
This movie won't happen in the near future. I'm pretty sure Feige has confirmed this isn't happening in some of his press interviews.

Thank god.

Time Immemorial
Here is some more info carver linked me

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/mark-ruff...-012500157.html

Firefly218
Mark Ruffalo rejects the idea of a Planet Hulk movie

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/hulk/236892/mark-ruffalo-rejects-planet-hulk-film

Impediment
If a Planet Hulk movie is made, a SHIT TON of material is going to have to be adjusted.

The Illuminati is going to have to be established, or some other "group" will have to be put in place.

Why eject Hulk from Earth when he's a member of the Avengers and crucial to their success?

Who's gonna replace Hulk? Will this be a lead into World War Hulk?

Banner is going to stay in Hulk form 24/7, like in the comics and movie? Also, he's just gonna conveniently learn to speak proper English and not be a constant rage case?

F*ck this idea, man. I'm all about the comics and animated movies, but this idea just doesn't need to be introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe

BruceSkywalker
Mark Ruffalo rejects the idea of a Planet Hulk movie

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/hulk/236892/mark-ruffalo-rejects-planet-hulk-film

lmao.. actors lie all the time about film projects, fact is Ruffalo signed up for 6 films and i believe cameos/post credit scenes don't count.. Besides if indeed that there will be a Planet Hulk/WWH film , Marvel will announce it when they want too..

QUOTE=14790843]Originally posted by Impediment
If a Planet Hulk movie is made, a SHIT TON of material is going to have to be adjusted.

That is easily done, just needs a good writer to bring it all together. Besides Marvel already changed around shit for the Ant Man film so this shouldn't be any different

Originally posted by Impediment The Illuminati is going to have to be established, or some other "group" will have to be put in place

Why eject Hulk from Earth when he's a member of the Avengers and crucial to their success?

The Illuminati doesn't have to be established at all.. If this takes place during the events of Age of Ultron then it is reasonably assumed that something will happen in which the rest of the team doesn't trust him so thereforth, the Hulk will be jettisoned off into space. also they way that the link says it about the Hulk facing Ultron all alone on the Quinjet as it flies away, it can be reasonably assumed that the Hulk feels the team let him down and thus wants revenge.

Originally posted by Impediment Who's gonna replace Hulk? Will this be a lead into World War Hulk?

With Marvel's ever changing landscape into their movieverse they have a plan which they will tell at the appropriate time. According to the article Avengers 3 is all about World War Hulk

Originally posted by Impediment Banner is going to stay in Hulk form 24/7, like in the comics and movie? Also, he's just gonna conveniently learn to speak proper English and not be a constant rage case?

Most likely i will assume so, Ruffalo will be doing all the Mo Cap work. Stranger things have happened in movies that aren't explained, of course folks will rage about it on here afterward stick out tongue

Originally posted by Impediment F*ck this idea, man. I'm all about the comics and animated movies, but this idea just doesn't need to be introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe

We just have to agree to disagree stick out tongue

Zack Fair
I do believe its a bad idea.

Time Immemorial
More rumors lurking

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/6614/20140708/why-planet-hulk-movie-come-soon.htm

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/09/mark-ruffalo-talks-begin-again-and-the-hulk

Firefly218
Terrible idea. There are so many other great stories that translate well into film.

BruceSkywalker
More rumors lurking

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/6614/20140708/why-planet-hulk-movie-come-soon.htm

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/09/mark-ruffalo-talks-begin-again-and-the-hulk

i am so all forward to see a Planet Hulk/WWH film

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment

The Illuminati is going to have to be established, or some other "group" will have to be put in place.

Who's gonna replace Hulk? Will this be a lead into World War Hulk?

Banner is going to stay in Hulk form 24/7, like in the comics and movie? Also, he's just gonna conveniently learn to speak proper English and not be a constant rage case?

F*ck this idea, man. I'm all about the comics and animated movies, but this idea just doesn't need to be introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Agreed. Planet Hulk for live action is a meh idea at best.

Still waiting for the 2nd part of the animated flick to be made.

jinXed by JaNx
I think if they end Avengers 2 leadin u to this movie it could work, like Ultron and Hulk being jettisoned from Earth. Even though all of the recent Marvel movies haven't been everything I wanted them to be, I have no reason to doubt their capabilities because even though I trouble with some of their movies, I've still been able to thoroughly enjoy them all.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Robtard
Agreed. Planet Hulk for live action is a meh idea at best.

Still waiting for the 2nd part of the animated flick to be made.

I thought that too until stared thinking about them tying In, Planet Hulk with Avengers 3. It would take a good script but you don't see the potential of tying in a planet Hulk with Avengers 3? I only say that because Hulk is that last of the THREE main Avengers that requires a stand alone movie Personally, i'd be fine with the HULK just being a side lines character but even I understand that they can't do that when considering how they've introduced the characters. There is no way Hulk is not going to get another SOLO movie. If he is it has to include forces that are un earthly and don't see how else they could make a Hulk stand alone movie without him appearing as though he doesn't need the Avengers.

TheVaultDweller
I loved the Plant Hulk comic arch but, to make the story compatable with the current MCU, they'd have to butcher and rewrite large chunks of it. And that would ruin it IMO. So I am personally not very keen on this idea.

Robtard
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I thought that too until stared thinking about them tying In, Planet Hulk with Avengers 3. It would take a good script but you don't see the potential of tying in a planet Hulk with Avengers 3? I only say that because Hulk is that last of the THREE main Avengers that requires a stand alone movie Personally, i'd be fine with the HULK just being a side lines character but even I understand that they can't do that when considering how they've introduced the characters. There is no way Hulk is not going to get another SOLO movie. If he is it has to include forces that are un earthly and don't see how else they could make a Hulk stand alone movie without him appearing as though he doesn't need the Avengers.

I really want another stand alone Hulk flick, especially with Mark Ruffalo since his performance > Norton's. Just Planet Hulk wouldn't transfer well into live action, imo.

DARTH POWER
Not sure why they've been so afraid of doing Hulk solo movies post Avengers. It should be pretty clear by now that all of the Avengers have gotten massive box office boosts with their own solo films since Avengers. Hulk would be no different.

Firefly218
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Not sure why they've been so afraid of doing Hulk solo movies post Avengers. It should be pretty clear by now that all of the Avengers have gotten massive box office boosts with their own solo films since Avengers. Hulk would be no different. I don't think they're afraid. I think they have a plan. Avengers 2 is going to be very hulk centric, and will maybe serve as a foundation or building block for a hulk solo film later on. It'll happen before Avengers 3 imo

Robtard
Be great if they spun off the 2008 flick and went with Tim Blake Nelson as 'The Leader' for the villain.

wakkawakkawakka
Not sure why they've been so afraid of doing Hulk solo movies post Avengers. It should be pretty clear by now that all of the Avengers have gotten massive box office boosts with their own solo films since Avengers. Hulk would be no different.

Well Hulk 2008 did make the least amount of money. That and perhaps Disney is trying to ride the Loki/Iron Man gravy train for all its worth. Then again GoTG is coming out so who knows.

Kazenji
Be great if they spun off the 2008 flick and went with Tim Blake Nelson as 'The Leader' for the villain.

Can they even hire Tim Blake Nelson or is he now contracted to Fox.

jeromanomic
Planet Hulk was tied in with Civil War,

Anyone heard if that's on the cards for a film either amimated or feature?

DARTH POWER
I don't think they're afraid. I think they have a plan. Avengers 2 is going to be very hulk centric, and will maybe serve as a foundation or building block for a hulk solo film later on. It'll happen before Avengers 3 imo

Yes but it was a plan based on Hulk not being ready for Solo movies yet. Just the fact that he was the only Avengers not to be given his own solo movie through Phase II is proof of that.

Fact is if Norton's Hulk was a big success then Hulk would have had a solo film in Phase II. So it was about the worry of it not being profitable enough. In fact they've almost outright stated that, with various Marvel execs saying Hulk as to be figured out correctly.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by jeromanomic
Planet Hulk was tied in with Civil War,

Anyone heard if that's on the cards for a film either amimated or feature?

Definitely not feature since Fox owns Xmen and Sony owns Spiderman. I don't know about animated though.

jinXed by JaNx
I really want another stand alone Hulk flick, especially with Mark Ruffalo since his performance > Norton's. Just Planet Hulk wouldn't transfer well into live action, imo.

I'm with you in the sense that I jut want to see another Hulk movie. However, I think PLanet Hulk would be an excellent way to tell a Hulk story. For one, you don't have to worry about what Shield or the Avengers would do if Hulk goes on a rampage. I could also see it being a great way to Segway into Avengers 3

carver9
Thor gets curbed stomped.

carver9
Whoever the guy is that made the last Superman and Batman movie, HE needs to write the Hulk. No one but him. That guy is amazing. You know there is destruction when he is writing it.

Zack Fair
???

Why though? Thor showed he had what it takes to fight Hulk to a standstill.

A pissed off Hulk running rampant vs a pissed off Thor using Mjolnir's powers would be a sight to behold in the movies.

Time Immemorial
Whoever the guy is that made the last Superman and Batman movie, HE needs to write the Hulk. No one but him. That guy is amazing. You know there is destruction when he is writing it.

Yea he would do a great showing of the Hulk.

carver9
???

Why though? Thor showed he had what it takes to fight Hulk to a standstill.

A pissed off Hulk running rampant vs a pissed off Thor using Mjolnir's powers would be a sight to behold in the movies.

WWH is Hulk at his best. A Hulk that makes Savage Hulk look like doo doo. Thor should get curbed by this version of Hulk. Picture it as the Kurse fight but much more devastating.

juggerman
WWH is Hulk at his best. A Hulk that makes Savage Hulk look like doo doo. Thor should get curbed by this version of Hulk. Picture it as the Kurse fight but much more devastating.

If Thor fights like a bone head(which he will) then yeah Hulk curb stomps his face off.

Zack Fair
WWH is Hulk at his best. A Hulk that makes Savage Hulk look like doo doo. Thor should get curbed by this version of Hulk. Picture it as the Kurse fight but much more devastating. You do realize Thor was not fighting at his best as well, right? Except Hulk has no invulnerability spell against Asgardian weaponry. Thor should/will be the one to stalemate Hulk long enough. No one in the cinematic universe has what it takes. Thor is the only logical choice. Don't be such a biased fanboy, man. You know it makes sense.

carver9
You do realize Thor was not fighting at his best as well, right? Except Hulk has no invulnerability spell against Asgardian weaponry. Thor should/will be the one to stalemate Hulk long enough. No one in the cinematic universe has what it takes. Thor is the only logical choice. Don't be such a biased fanboy, man. You know it makes sense.

Kurse easily demolished Thor. If you honestly believe Kurse would do the same to Avengers Hulk, then you are crazy. And that's Avengers Hulk. WWH is a different beast.

carver9
Originally posted by juggerman
If Thor fights like a bone head(which he will) then yeah Hulk curb stomps his face off.

Uuuuummmm, even if he didn't fight like a bone head, what attack of Thor do you think would stop an amped Hulk? His tornado? What about his lightning? What fts does that have to suggest he would stop an amped Hulk? Wait a minute, you are talking about that hit that Thor used during the ending fight that shattered some glass? Do you HONESTLY think that Lick was stronger than the one Hulk used against the big worm?

juggerman
Uuuuummmm, even if he didn't fight like a bone head, what attack of Thor do you think would stop an amped Hulk? His tornado? What about his lightning? What fts does that have to suggest he would stop an amped Hulk? Wait a minute, you are talking about that hit that Thor used during the ending fight that shattered some glass? Do you HONESTLY think that Lick was stronger than the one Hulk used against the big worm?

Thor takes Hulk off his feet and places Mjolnir on him. Hulk will eventually calm down and that would end the hoopla. Or hell Thor can BFR him. Thor has a few way to beat Hulk without having to beat him unconscious. But again Thor will likely resort to fisty cuffs or nothing too damaging since they are teammates and that's what will give Hulk the dub. Just like in the actual WWH arc. People held back cuz they cared about Banner.

juggerman
Kurse easily demolished Thor. If you honestly believe Kurse would do the same to Avengers Hulk, then you are crazy. And that's Avengers Hulk. WWH is a different beast.

Kurse would beat down Avengers Hulk based on their respective fights with Thor

carver9
Kurse would beat down Avengers Hulk based on their respective fights with Thor

I still disagree with this seeing that Hulk easily demolished Loki, something Thor couldn't do, AND, Hulk didn't display the punching power he displayed when Banner had control of the Hulk.

juggerman
I still disagree with this seeing that Hulk easily demolished Loki, something Thor couldn't do, AND, Hulk didn't display the punching power he displayed when Banner had control of the Hulk.

Loki was mid sentence and caught by surprise. And that's blatantly ignoring the fact that Thor was clearly trying to redeem/save Loki and therefore took it easy on him. Thor didn't go all out on Loki like he did the Destroyer right? Cuz he loves Loki and whatnot.

Kurse made a "non holding back" Thor look like a chump whereas a "holding back" Thor made Hulk look like a slow bumbling joke for a good portion of the fight

DARTH POWER
Thor flat out says in TDW that he always held back on Loki.

Zack Fair
Kurse easily demolished Thor. If you honestly believe Kurse would do the same to Avengers Hulk, then you are crazy. And that's Avengers Hulk. WWH is a different beast. Hulk is not Kurse, so what does it matter? I like how you are ignoring the context behind Kurse. Oh and by the way Hulk barely got the upper hand against a handicapped Thor. Kurse was owning the shit out of all out Thor. The two fights dont even compare. Kurse ***** slapped Mjolnir like a fly. Hulk on the other hand went along for the ride. Just to add a little perspective to your Gamma burned eyes.

And again THor doesn't have to beat Hulk. He just has to fight Hulk to a standstill and he most definitely could if going all out with his hammer.

carver9
Loki was mid sentence and caught by surprise. And that's blatantly ignoring the fact that Thor was clearly trying to redeem/save Loki and therefore took it easy on him. Thor didn't go all out on Loki like he did the Destroyer right? Cuz he loves Loki and whatnot.

Kurse made a "non holding back" Thor look like a chump whereas a "holding back" Thor made Hulk look like a slow bumbling joke for a good portion of the fight

Loki was looking right at Hulk when he got thrown around like swiss cheese. That's not an excuse.

Hulk displayed more power during the end.

juggerman
Loki was looking right at Hulk when he got thrown around like swiss cheese. That's not an excuse.

It's not an excuse. It's what happened. Loki was not actively trying to fight or defend himself. So Hulk beat a non fighting back Loki and looked pretty bad against a holding back Thor.

Not really. But since you didn't even try to refute my examples of ways Thor could beat Hulk, even World War Hulk, I guess you agree and we can move past it?

DARTH POWER
Plus Loki was without his weapon when he fought Hulk. A weapon he had against Thor. Plus Thor outright stated he always held back on Loki. Plus Thor never even used all his powers against either Loki or Hulk.

So anyone who thinks An all out Thor isn't capable of stalemating an all out Hulk is just plain crazy

quanchi112
Hulk is more impressive than movie Thor.

juggerman
In outright strength

Time Immemorial

Honestly this was not one of hulks best showings in the movie.

juggerman
He knows. He's trying to say that since Thor "struggled" with Loki but Hulk didn't that means Hulk > Thor. But he needs to leave out critical information for this to even come close to working.

Time Immemorial
He knows. He's trying to say that since Thor "struggled" with Loki but Hulk didn't that means Hulk > Thor. But he needs to leave out critical information for this to even come close to working.

They had that scene imo because Loki has basically stole the show in every movie from Thor and his band of merry friends. Hulk got his smash in but Loki got back up and walked home with Thor to Asgaurd. To me it shows humor, for both characters but we all know Loki ends up free after all this doing whatever he wants in the end of the day, so Loki wins again without his fists as usual.

carver9

Wait, let me guess what that information is, Thor held back? Lol.

DARTH POWER

Clearly you haven't seen Thor 2, where Thor flat out States he's always held back on Loki.

Not to mention Loki was missing his Scepter against Hulk and was clearly taken by surprise mid-lecture.

And if you don't believe in any of the above then you can explain why Hulk then couldn't trash Thor in mere seconds.

Robtard
We actually see Thor not holding back on Loki in Avengers, it's right after Loki surprise stabs Thor while the idiot is yet again trying to reason with Loki.

Goes something like this: Angry Thor grabs Loki, overpowers him, kicks him through glass, picks him up over his head and slams him to the ground. Fight last about 4-5 seconds and ends with Loki having to flee.

juggerman

Are you really arguing Thor doesn't hold back on Loki? Or that Loki wasn't mid sentence when Hulk attacked? These are critical point you are just leaving out so your point can work

DARTH POWER
Are you really arguing Thor doesn't hold back on Loki? Or that Loki wasn't mid sentence when Hulk attacked? These are critical point you are just leaving out so your point can work

Yeah if you take Hulk vs Loki and Thor vs Loki that literally as they were shown, then you would have to explain why Hulk didn't just Stomp Thor in seconds LOL

Anyway some details on Avengers headquarters and looks like there's still no solid plans for a Solo Hulk film anytime soon:

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/avengers-2-age-of-ultron-generous-spoilers-by-kevin-feige-25970

Time Immemorial
Clearly you haven't seen Thor 2, where Thor flat out States he's always held back on Loki.

Do you remember which scene this was? I would like to re watch it.

DARTH POWER
Do you remember which scene this was? I would like to re watch it.

It's when Thor goes to see Loki in prison and convince him to join him. He warns him about betraying him, that in the past he's always held back but if he Betrays him again he won't hold back anymore.

juggerman
And then Loki betrays him and Thor doesn't do shit about it.

Granted Thor doesn't know Loki is wearing his father's skin but still...

Time Immemorial
There is only one side, its Loki's. Only thing Odin can do is say "No Loki"

Zack Fair
And then Loki betrays him and Thor doesn't do shit about it.

Granted Thor doesn't know Loki is wearing his father's skin but still... Not sure I get it....So how is Thor supposed to back up his claim if he has no idea of what Loki is up to?

DARTH POWER
^ Besides he still cried over Loki's "death" which means he'll likely still be holding back against him in the future.

juggerman
Not sure I get it....So how is Thor supposed to back up his claim if he has no idea of what Loki is up to?

I kinda pointed that out in the second sentence. I was being silly

shahbazzz
awesome

carver9
Thor always holds back, even when he tried to kill Cap. Everyone holds back against the Hulk and the uppercut that Thor hit Hulk with was a holding back uppercut. Hell, Cap talked to Loki during their fight, Cap held back as well. So what we have here is Thor only legit fights is when he does good. He went all out against Kurse though because he threw his hammer at him which means, Kurse is stronger than Hulk. We also have Loki holding back/not paying attention to a Hulk that just punched him inside of a building and if he had his toys, he would've defeated Hulk. This is amazing. Everyone in the Avengers movies minus Hulk held back. KMC.

juggerman
Thor always holds back, even when he tried to kill Cap. Everyone holds back against the Hulk and the uppercut that Thor hit Hulk with was a holding back uppercut. Hell, Cap talked to Loki during their fight, Cap held back as well. So what we have here is Thor only legit fights is when he does good. He went all out against Kurse though because he threw his hammer at him which means, Kurse is stronger than Hulk. We also have Loki holding back/not paying attention to a Hulk that just punched him inside of a building and if he had his toys, he would've defeated Hulk. This is amazing. Everyone in the Avengers movies minus Hulk held back. KMC.

Strawman

carver9
Strawman

Lol...me being the one thats strawman? Really? Thor holds back 99.9% of the time except when he wins against the Destroyer and the Ice Giants? Hilarious.

juggerman
Lol...me being the one thats strawman? Really? Thor holds back 99.9% of the time except when he wins against the Destroyer and the Ice Giants? Hilarious.

There's a difference between "holding back" and "not going all out"

EDIT: Example: he holds back against Loki, he doesn't hold back against Ice Giants but neither does he go all out, he goes all out on Destroyer.

carver9
There's a difference between "holding back" and "not going all out"

EDIT: Example: he holds back against Loki, he doesn't hold back against Ice Giants but neither does he go all out, he goes all out on Destroyer.

So he didn't try to stop Loki and the War? He held back against Kurse because he didn't fight the way you think he should've fought. He held back against Ironman because he didn't win i guess because he threw Mjlonir, hit him with lightning, tried to crush his arm and went for a killing blow against Cap, but wait, he held back. He held back against Hulk because he was talking to him (Loki talked to Thor during their battle so he held back as well). He held back against Cap even though his hammer shot would've killed him.

Like I've stated before, he only went all out against the Destroyer because he won. Did he go all out at the end of Thor 2 when he was saving the Universe/planet from that guy? He didn't use tornado or lightning and he was talking during mid combat.

Zack Fair
I do think he was holding back on Iron Man. He progressively did so less as the fight went on tho.

Time Immemorial

Bro Thor wins when he can, when he can't he gets trashed. He tried to pull off a win on Cap at 100% non holding back and Cap's shield no sold his hammer.

He tried going 100% on Kurse and Kurse no sold him and his hammer.

He tried keeping Hulk at bay and he got trashed by the Hulk.

What feats to the Ice Giants have other then fodder to suggest they could hurt Thor. He can easily dismiss them as fodder.

The destroyer was a immobile, slow moving beast with one weapon who had to die.

It is what it is man.

juggerman
So he didn't try to stop Loki and the War? He held back against Kurse because he didn't fight the way you think he should've fought. He held back against Ironman because he didn't win i guess because he threw Mjlonir, hit him with lightning, tried to crush his arm and went for a killing blow against Cap, but wait, he held back. He held back against Hulk because he was talking to him (Loki talked to Thor during their battle so he held back as well). He held back against Cap even though his hammer shot would've killed him.

Like I've stated before, he only went all out against the Destroyer because he won. Did he go all out at the end of Thor 2 when he was saving the Universe/planet from that guy? He didn't use tornado or lightning and he was talking during mid combat.

Again you're strawmanning. He did try to stop Loki but by his own admission he held back. No amount of dancing or ignoring facts changes this.

I never said he held back against Kurse.

He did hold back against Ironman but not as much as against Loki. He also got more serious as the fight went on. Same with Hulk.

I'm sure he would've killed Cap had he not blocked. I don't think it was his intent tho. I think he was pissed and was lashing out in anger.

In the Hulk fight he started out trying to reason with Hulk(holding back). Then he got more serious but couldn't go all out due to the location(not holding back but not going all out).

Loki talking doesn't have the same implications as Thor talking. Loki tends to distract or buy time while he works on something else. Thor talking is pretty straight forward.

Iirc he was going all out in Thor 2 but lost his primary weapon in the fight so he was limited to what he could do. I don't remember that fight fully tho.

DARTH POWER
So he didn't try to stop Loki and the War?

Jeez he flat out states in TDW that he always fought him with the hope he would change. But that hopes gone now, so if he tries anything now, he will just outright finish him.

In the Hulk fight he started out trying to reason with Hulk(holding back). Then he got more serious but couldn't go all out due to the location(not holding back but not going all out).

You actually notice all through his fight with Malekith and Kurse, he always charges his Mjolnir strikes with Lightning, and Usually shoots heavy doses of Lightning at his opponent to.

He didn't do that against Hulk. Hence, whether he was holding back or not, fact is he didn't give Hulk everything he had. Likely due to the location like you said.

juggerman
You actually notice all through his fight with Malekith and Kurse, he always charges his Mjolnir strikes with Lightning, and Usually shoots heavy doses of Lightning at his opponent to.

He didn't do that against Hulk. Hence, whether he was holding back or not, fact is he didn't give Hulk everything he had. Likely due to the location like you said.

Well he was clearly holding back at first. After Hulk made his nose bleed he seemed to get more serious and actually try to KO Hulk. He was essentially a boxer fighting with one arm tied behind his back. He can still swing with all his might and not hold back but he is still not able to give his best either. Carver seems to be confused about this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.