Star Trek vs Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Who has better shields?

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Who has better shields?

c4PH_K7XzEo

bO_rbg_fWaE

Time Immemorial
TBF I think that just interrupted the transmission. The ship was never shown to be destroyed. Vadar when communicated with the empire asked the fleet be moved out of the astroid field so that communication could be established.

Robtard
TBF I think that just interrupted the transmission. The ship was never shown to be destroyed. Vadar when communicated with the empire asked the fleet be moved out of the astroid field so that communication could be established.

It destroyed the transmission tower.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard

Trek shield get ruined all the time as well. In fact that's usually the first to fail. I don't think the enterprise would fair well being hit by a asteroid.

ares834
Originally posted by Robtard

Uh, where is this stated?

Darth Truculent
As much as I am a Wars fan, Trek shields are stronger. Next generation shields are much stronger due to advances in the Dominion War & Seven of Nine's knowledge of Borg shielding. Besides, some Trek ships are equipped regenerative shields like the Prometheus class.

Federation ships have a 360 firing arc which means they can attack and defend in any direction. Some ships can fire while cloaked (see Scimitar). Even the DS wouldn't be able to defeat a cloaked warship like Scimitar.

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834
Uh, where is this stated?

The video. But since that vid no longer works, I looked it up and it seems the whole ship was destroyed.

jinXed by JaNx
Trek shield get ruined all the time as well. In fact that's usually the first to fail.

To be fair though That's because the battles we see are generally matched between ships with similar weapon and shield capabilities. When an inferior ship does overtake a superior one it's because of luck or better commander tactics.

In the Star Wars universe, however, it seems like the ships that are protected by shields can maintain them until someone blows up their shield generators. It's really hard to speculate on Star Wars shields for me because sometimes it seems like ships don't have shields at all. They just require a certain caliber weapon. Then there are other times where they have to blow up an isolated shield generator on a planet somewhere or hijack the oppositions ship and blow up the generators from within.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.