Black Panther showing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Area Vet
Recently in the Original Sin story, Emma Frost tried to probe his mind and he casually kicked her out. Thoughts on his psi resistance.

DarkSaint85
Emma is less of a sledgehammer, and more a scalpel.

Which is to say, in psychic terms, she's very skilled, but not THAT powerful.

Not to mention, her powers were screwy after AvX.

I could well see BP having some form of TP defences (magical, or tech or just him being that prepped).

riv6672
Interesting.
I wouldnt have pegged him as able to do that!

Blue Area Vet
Emma is mid level in terms of power, but she is incredibly skilled and prepared to the point she had had some successes against the heavyweights. She is being blocked by someone with NO stated TP powers and there is nothing in the panel to suggest tech or magic.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Emma is mid level in terms of power, but she is incredibly skilled and prepared to the point she had had some successes against the heavyweights. She is being blocked by someone with NO stated TP powers and there is nothing in the panel to suggest tech or magic.

Agreed on the points, I wonder if its something to do with the KotD upgrade (which, tbh, I still haven't really seen any evidence of lol).

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by riv6672
Interesting.
I wouldnt have pegged him as able to do that!

Especially not in the casual, confident manner in which he did it. I am 100% BP fanboy, but when you add up all the parts, BP is VASTLY underrated overall. The thing is (and yeah, I'm officially off on a tangent) people still want to place him in the peak human class- he is clearly through feats, depictions and description closer not to meta, but enhanced meta, between Cap and Spiderman. Back to the psi resistance, this is just one more thing in his arsenal.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Agreed on the points, I wonder if its something to do with the KotD upgrade (which, tbh, I still haven't really seen any evidence of lol).

I don't thing the upgrade itself was that obvious. He gained the knowledge of the previous BPs, but he was already incredibly knowledgeable to begin with. And he gained their "strength", which I never took to mean their combined strenght. This upgrade was just that, an upgrade, not a full tier change on it's own. I compare it to Silver Surfers upgrade by Galactus that everyone was temporarily going insane about.

deathslash
Didn't Cable once have trouble sensing BP?

Existere
Emma SHOULD be much stronger than 'mid-level in power', and was written that way prior to AvX

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by deathslash
Didn't Cable once have trouble sensing BP?

Yup.

zopzop
America Force and Diversity Force are the two greatest forces in Marvel comics!

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by zopzop
America Force and Diversity Force are the two greatest forces in Marvel comics!

Sure, that's why there are so few white characters in comics.

zopzop
Sure, that's why there are so few white characters in comics.
America Force!
http://s22.postimg.org/pp7c91t4t/IMG_01851.jpg

Diversity Force!
http://s22.postimg.org/n95iv7b25/1796543_scan0016.jpg

Both Cap or BP should have been utterly annihilated by opponents many tiers above them in power, yet.....

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by zopzop
America Force!
http://s22.postimg.org/pp7c91t4t/IMG_01851.jpg

Diversity Force!
http://s22.postimg.org/n95iv7b25/1796543_scan0016.jpg

Both Cap or BP should have been utterly annihilated by opponents many tiers above them in power, yet.....

Okay. But their rabbits feet pale in comparison to the one Batman has up his ass.

zopzop
Okay. But their rabbits feet pale in comparison to the one Batman has up his ass.
Psh, I left out the Bat Force because it's a given!
http://s28.postimg.org/68yccuy2x/Hfj_K5_DS.jpg

riv6672
Lotta force, here.

I can buy BP being between Cap And Spidey.
Easily explained by prolonged exposure to the mystic herbs that empower him. No one's ever said it simply leaves you at one level. Maybe the longer a Panther riles, the more he powers up.

deathslash
Easily explained by prolonged exposure to the mystic herbs that empower him. No one's ever said it simply leaves you at one level. Maybe the longer a Panther riles, the more he powers up. prolonged exposure? He only took the herbs once and he lost the amps that they gave him during Doomwar.

riv6672
Thought he needed regular doses.
Ah well, chalk it all up to rule of cool then. smile

Blue Area Vet
Lotta force, here.

I can buy BP being between Cap And Spidey.
Easily explained by prolonged exposure to the mystic herbs that empower him. No one's ever said it simply leaves you at one level. Maybe the longer a Panther riles, the more he powers up.

All his old feats put him there long ago. From day one.

OnslaughtKILLS
It seems like Marvel is having a trend that "dark" characters are immune to telepaths, which I don't necessarily understand but oh well

riv6672
All his old feats put him there long ago. From day one.
How long is long ago? I dont remember him being more than a cool athletic guy back in the early 80s. By cool i mean he took on a bunch of polar bears in an Avengers book; Cap level for sure. This was way before his vibranium tech.

StyleTime
Uh...I know I am going against the grain here, but the showing is being blown out of proportion a bit. Emma did try a surface read, but she withdrew when she felt some intense pain. Panther didn't "kick her out", and her powers have been on the fritz after AvX, as was noted in the same issue.

Is it impressive? Yeah. He's clearly got some mental safeguards in place, but it is premature to call Black Panther immune to telepathy.

I'm willing to bet a legitimate psychic assault, from Emma or others, would still succeed on him. She's busted through psychic defenses before.

I can post the scan if anyone wants to see it.

riv6672
I'd like that if you dont mind!

Mindset
Originally posted by StyleTime
Uh...I know I am going against the grain here, but the showing is being blown out of proportion a bit. Emma did try a surface read, but she withdrew when she felt some intense pain. Panther didn't "kick her out", and her powers have been on the fritz after AvX, as was noted in the same issue.

Is it impressive? Yeah. He's clearly got some mental safeguards in place, but it is premature to call Black Panther immune to telepathy.

I'm willing to bet a legitimate psychic assault, from Emma or others, would still succeed on him. She's busted through psychic defenses before.

I can post the scan if anyone wants to see it. Why do you hate black people though?

riv6672
Oh God, racial alert.

StyleTime
I'd like that if you dont mind!
http://s28.postimg.org/ivklya72x/Panther_TPDefense1.jpg http://s28.postimg.org/cj5gog40p/Panther_TPDefense2.jpg

Everyone is free to interpret how they want I guess, but don't like....revive the Psylocke vs Black Panther thread saying he is immune to telepathy or some shit. I will find you. uhuh
Originally posted by Mindset
Why do you hate black people though?
laughing out loud
Originally posted by Existere
Emma SHOULD be much stronger than 'mid-level in power', and was written that way prior to AvX
thumb up In addition to being a mostly stupid event, AvX screwed her powers up.

riv6672
Thank you!

I have to say, its not quite what i thought. Good, though.

Philosophía
http://s28.postimg.org/ivklya72x/Panther_TPDefense1.jpg http://s28.postimg.org/cj5gog40p/Panther_TPDefense2.jpg
I know it's already been said but..worst.emma.dialogue.ever

Branlor Swift

I can post the scan if anyone wants to see it. Your post is like... a papercut wrapped in salt... that someone sprayed lemon juice on.

StyleTime

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
Why do you hate black people though?
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Your post is like... a papercut wrapped in salt... that someone sprayed lemon juice on.
laughing out loud

I love this forum.

-Pr-
How is this a vs thread?

tkitna
I'm chucking that whole resisting Emma to bad writing. That should have never happened.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by -Pr-
How is this a vs thread?
Sure it is.
Your post is like... a papercut wrapped in salt... that someone sprayed lemon juice on.
Hehehe.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by -Pr-
How is this a vs thread?

It's not, but it's relevant to battles involving the character. How do you allow the racial commentary and baiting?

Trackz
How long is long ago? I dont remember him being more than a cool athletic guy back in the early 80s. By cool i mean he took on a bunch of polar bears in an Avengers book; Cap level for sure. This was way before his vibranium tech. he took on the fantastic four in his first appearance...

-Pr-
It's not, but it's relevant to battles involving the character. How do you allow the racial commentary and baiting?

The first mention of race wasn't by you, but the second was.

So you're baiting too. shrug

I don't mind punishing everyone that's baiting, but fair is fair. Not going to leave people out.

carver9

laughing out loud

riv6672
So, impressive but not AS impressive as first suggested. Nothing wrong with that.

DarkSaint85
Emma is less of a sledgehammer, and more a scalpel.

Which is to say, in psychic terms, she's very skilled, but not THAT powerful.

Not to mention, her powers were screwy after AvX.

I could well see BP having some form of TP defences (magical, or tech or just him being that prepped).

I am of course, 100% correct.

riv6672
You made me a cool $16, yeah.

I'mthinking BP doubling up, using tech, maybe gleaned from Iron Man's defenses that he's built into his armor.
Obviously not as powerful, given uniform differences, but enough to enhance a natural ability....

DarkSaint85
Yah.

Tech, natural abilities (so a strong will or something), something mystical from the Panther God, KotD (so all those dudes rattling about in his head), PLUS Emma not being as in control as she used to be.

All in all, I don't think it's THAT surprising.

maxivitopowe
I am of course, 100% correct.
And as always, humble as a brick to the head

riv6672
Lead pipe to the knee.

DarkRaiden
He's shown TP resistance before when Cable struggled to even sense him a while ago.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.