ROTS Dooku vs ESB Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Vader is searching for luke but finds a clone Dooku. Dooku wants revenge.

Who wins?

Impediment
Dooku displayed far better light saber feats, as well as mastery of the Force.

Vader dies.

Placidity
You know, I always wondered why Sidious wanted Anakin. It was completely unnecessary.

Sure, had Anakin been given the chance, potentially would have surpassed Sidious. But that is not good for Sidious - surely he must've known Anakin would then destroy him. That is the dynamic of the Sith Master/Apprentice. And as we can see, Vader never fulfilled his potential, but was still sufficient.

Keeping Dooku would have granted Sidious the same victory, and secured his reign with little threat of Dooku trying to surpass him.

There are many ways it could have played out, but for example:

1. At the start of ROTS, when Obi Wan/Anakin come to save Palpatine. Palpatine reveals himself and slaughters them both.

2. Dooku and Sidious kill off Grievous and the droids. Palpatine "escapes" back to the Senate and makes up whatever story he likes - the brave heroes sacrificed themselves so he could escape.

3. Execute Order 66.

4. Sends Mace and the other Masters a message to lure them into a trap. Dooku/Sidious takes care of them.

5. Send in Dooku and troopers to clean out the Jedi Temple. Dooku can wear a mask if necessary.

6. Send Dooku to Mustafar to clean it up.

7. Dooku would then take of business from then on.

The only thing I can think of is that Dooku is getting "old", but not as old as Sidious, so there are no legacy problems. Plus Sidious can probably sustain their lives with the Force.

With Obi Wan dead, only Yoda is left to train Luke (which is probably even better if he started very young).

This post is completely relevant.

TheLurkingFear
Dooku had better feats, but Vader had higher implied power, that could probably be attributed to ROTS being 25 years newer though.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Placidity
You know, I always wondered why Sidious wanted Anakin. It was completely unnecessary.

Sure, had Anakin been given the chance, potentially would have surpassed Sidious. But that is not good for Sidious - surely he must've known Anakin would then destroy him. That is the dynamic of the Sith Master/Apprentice. And as we can see, Vader never fulfilled his potential, but was still sufficient.

Keeping Dooku would have granted Sidious the same victory, and secured his reign with little threat of Dooku trying to surpass him.

There are many ways it could have played out, but for example:

1. At the start of ROTS, when Obi Wan/Anakin come to save Palpatine. Palpatine reveals himself and slaughters them both.

2. Dooku and Sidious kill off Grievous and the droids. Palpatine "escapes" back to the Senate and makes up whatever story he likes - the brave heroes sacrificed themselves so he could escape.

3. Execute Order 66.

4. Sends Mace and the other Masters a message to lure them into a trap. Dooku/Sidious takes care of them.

5. Send in Dooku and troopers to clean out the Jedi Temple. Dooku can wear a mask if necessary.

6. Send Dooku to Mustafar to clean it up.

7. Dooku would then take of business from then on.

The only thing I can think of is that Dooku is getting "old", but not as old as Sidious, so there are no legacy problems. Plus Sidious can probably sustain their lives with the Force.

With Obi Wan dead, only Yoda is left to train Luke (which is probably even better if he started very young).

This post is completely relevant. Drunken rant complete.

DTM
Ill go with Darth Vader to win, but it would be a good fight.

TheVaultDweller
Well, this whole debate really comes down to whether you think ROTS Anakin or ESB Vader is better/more powerful. Because we know Anakin beat Dooku in ROTS. Shittier fight choreography and special effects aside, I think Vader takes a close fight.

StealthRanger

Vader stomps Dooku

Placidity
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, this whole debate really comes down to whether you think ROTS Anakin or ESB Vader is better/more powerful. Because we know Anakin beat Dooku in ROTS. Shittier fight choreography and special effects aside, I think Vader takes a close fight.

IMO, Dooku > ROTS Anakin

I have a theory Sidious was influencing the fight.

FYI, Sidious told Dooku to hold back/not kill Anakin in the novels.

Kotor3
Vader has superior TK and implied power. His saber skills are not bad. Obi wan couldn't defeat him in ANH. It would be a great match but I say Vader.

in ANH he already stated he was now master, implying superior mastery of the force.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Impediment
Dooku displayed far better light saber feats, as well as mastery of the Force.

Vader dies.

What superior mastery of the force has Dooku shown?

RJ 2.0
Uh.....

ares834
Originally posted by Placidity
FYI, Sidious told Dooku to hold back/not kill Anakin in the novels.

Those same novels also make it clear that once Anakin goes into rage mode Dooku didn't stand a chance.

Kotor3
During the three movies appearances (including the animated movie) by Dooku he has shown the ability to use the force during combat, however he is always shown using his hands while performing acts with the force.

Vader on the other hand has shown the ability to use the force during battle (granted it was against untrained Luke). However, he did not use his hands. He was moving objects without the use of this hands while attacking. He also was choking people across space and in his presence without any motion while taking.

Vader seems to be the more superior force user of the two.

Zack Fair
Vader

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
Drunken rant complete.

laughing laughing laughing

BruceSkywalker
Vader says "It is useless to resist" before decaping Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.