The Dolphin who Loved Me!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Epicurus
Weirdest shit I've come across so far:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/jun/08/the-dolphin-who-loved-me

In the 1960s a small selection of neuroscientists like John Lilly were licensed to research LSD by the American government, convinced that the drug had medicinal qualities that could be used to treat mental-health patients. As part of this research, the drug was sometimes injected into animals and Lilly had been using it on his dolphins since 1964, curious about the effect it would have on them.

In the years that followed the house has fallen into disrepair, but the ambition of what went on there is still remembered. "Over the years I have received letters from people who are working with dolphins themselves," she recalls. "They often say things like: 'When I was seven I read about you living with a dolphin, and that's what started it all for me.'"

Peter is their "Miss Kelly", she explains, remembering her own childhood book about talking animals. "Miss Kelly inspired me. And in turn the idea of my living with a dolphin inspired others. That's fun. I like that."

Robtard
So the punch-line is: Margaret Lovatt masturbated dolphins and called it "science".

Nemebro would be into this story, I'm pretty sure.

https://api-assets-staging0.s3.amazonaws.com/slide/5394c7d841707012d0660000/medium/medium_image-5394c7d841707012d0660000-coalesced

Wuh wuh wuh!

NemeBro
"He was sexually coming of age and a bit naughty."

**** this is hot.

I Hate Bane
I've seen this the case with german shephards.

popoyez
Like most children, Margaret Howe Lovatt grew up with stories of talking animals. "There was this book that my mother gave to me called Miss Kelly," she remembers with a twinkle in her eye. "It was a story about a cat who could talk and understand humans and it just stuck with me that maybe there is this possibility."

Robtard
Peter ended up committing dolphin suicide after he was separated from Magarett. Those must have been some epic tug-jobs.

Time Immemorial
Down boy!

Digi
Originally posted by Robtard
Nemebro would be into this story, I'm pretty sure.

Originally posted by NemeBro
**** this is hot.

laughing out loud

Chris 1986
You know there is a fascination for increasing the height of buildings in Southeastern Florida. I lived there until I was a young child. We are also bred to feel an affinity for dolphins. Are you??

smilie_mysql

Also, my blue beta boy and female dwarf hamster talk.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Chris 1986

Also, my blue beta boy and female dwarf hamster talk.

What do they say?

Chris 1986
My beta shakes his head when he's not hungry. When I asked if he was happy, his lip sucked up, like "yup." I had even recorded it to get on the Ellen show before. The hamster made a sound with the wood chips like, "Chris," before I called myself Chris!

Shakyamunison
My beta shakes his head when he's not hungry. When I asked if he was happy, his lip sucked up, like "yup." I had even recorded it to get on the Ellen show before. The hamster made a sound with the wood chips like, "Chris," before I called myself Chris! laughing out loud

NemeBro
My beta shakes his head when he's not hungry. When I asked if he was happy, his lip sucked up, like "yup." I had even recorded it to get on the Ellen show before. The hamster made a sound with the wood chips like, "Chris," before I called myself Chris! Can I buy some LSD from you?

Chris 1986
laughing

Dramatic Gecko
The story is written like a short story to be any kind of feature article and probably fake.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
The story is written like a short story to be any kind of feature article and probably fake.

Naw it's real and has been known about for a while. Just randomly got traction semi recently. Various parties confirmed it back in the day. She gave a dolphin handjobs as part of a study on trying to communicate with them so she could keep it under control regarding it wanting to mate with something.

Chris 1986
I don't think I'd do that unless I was sure I absolutely had to. embarrasment

Robtard
I don't think I'd do that unless I was sure I absolutely had to. embarrasment

I have a dolphin outfit I can jump into.

Chris 1986
eek

Robtard
Oh yeah. Waaaah! Waaaahhh! Waaaahhh!

Omega Vision
I wonder when they'll make a movie adaptation of this story.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I wonder when they'll make a movie adaptation of this story. Zeus and Roxanne 2?

Chris 1986
Originally posted by Robtard
Oh yeah. Waaaah! Waaaahhh! Waaaahhh! blushing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.