Lumiya and Darth Zannah vs. Barsenthor and Mara Jade Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Lumiya and Zannah are prepped

Battle takes place on neutral ground

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Team 1.

Emperordmb
Team one.

Nephthys
The Barsen'thor might just one-shot Lumiya, but Zannah is very powerful so she can probably carry her team.

DarthAnt66
No.

Nephthys
Lumiya was losing in a TK tug-of-war to a random Jedi Knight. She's pretty weak. The Barsen'thor would Force Obliterate her.

DarthAnt66
Anyone who can hold there own against NJO Luke is not weak. erm
Also, when did this TK battle happen? messed

Nephthys
Luke never attacked her with the Force, I recall.

Betrayal. She also failed to defeat this Jedi in lightsabers as well. So she's hardly on "hold her own with Luke" levels. Her whip is likely the only thing stopping him from dominating her.

DarthAnt66
Can I have a name for "this Jedi"?

Nephthys
Nelani Dinn. She'd barely even become a Jedi Knight.

DarthAnt66
Rank means nothing. Kun and Revan were only padawans. Also, when did they stalemate. Isn't this the fight below? Nelani and Lumiya are both badass:

"NELANI'S LIGHTSABER BLOW WAS LIGHTNING-QUICK, BUT BY THE time it landed the older woman had twirled to one side, positioning herself behind a bust. The glowing blade sliced off the marble top of the head of some long-dead Rodian scholar. Nelani advanced. Lumiya retreated, slapping her thigh-digging her fingers through the cloth and into her thigh. She yanked, and suddenly in her hands was a whip. She flicked it back, preparatory to striking with it; its tendrils, for there were several instead of just one, spread out into something that moved like a weaponized cloud, some of them shining iron-like and jagged, some of them glowing like a lightsaber's blade. Lumiya cracked the weapon forward; Nelani, her body language suggesting confusion as she faced this unusual weapon, twisted to one side, but one of the lashes, a metal one, grazed her face, drawing blood all along her left cheek. Nelani took a step back, shaking her head."

Nephthys
"Nelani tried again, this time with the bust of the Bothan. It reached a halfway point between her and Lumiya, but the older woman reached out with her own free hand and the bust stopped in midair. Now it strained forward toward her; a moment later, it crept back through the air toward Nelani. It was a piece in a game of push-of-war between the women, and neither was winning.

The strain showed in Lumiya's voice, causing it to hoarsen. "Vergere sacrificed herself so you could assume the Sith mantle she wanted for you. That's the kind of self-sacrifice no Jedi would admit is possible for the Sith, but it's the truth. Take what I have to teach you, Jacen. Take this place and the dark side power it contains. Take the knowledge that rests in its tombs on the world of Ziost. And use them against the forces that are trying to tear this galaxy apart. Restore order. Give your cousin, give the children in your family and your life the chance to grow up in a galaxy without war."

"You're still withholding the truth," Jacen said. His voice was hard now, his manner uncompromising, unconfused. "You killed the security chief on Toryaz Station, didn't you?"

"Yes," she said. "Of course. I caught up to him too late to prevent the attack on you-it was already under way. But I could force from him an admission of who he was working for, and avenge the dead."

"Who was he working for?"

"Thrackan Sal-Solo. Who else?"

"And all those situations on Lorrd-you didn't 'dream' about them, did you? You had direct access to the perpetrators."

Lumiya cast a sideways glance at the bust hovering between her and Nelani. It was beginning to creep back toward her, and the strain of keeping it at bay was showing on her face. "Yes. My visions were waking visions. I could have interfered directly with their plans-probably with exactly the same results you experienced."

"Why didn't you?"

"I used them as a test for you." Lumiya closed her eyes and strained, but the bust still moved toward her. "Sith, like Jedi, have to determine the fates of others. Unlike Jedi, they know that sometimes this means sacrificing one so that twenty may live. I had to find out whether you understood that. And you do."

"How about your confederate?" Jacen asked. "The man Master Skywalker keeps glimpsing but can't quite see? The man he says doesn't exist?"

Lumiya managed a laugh that was half-exhausted gasp. "Jacen, that's you, visions of you. The Sith you will become. Luke can't make out his features because he's not willing to accept what he sees through the Force-your face where the next Lord of the Sith stands." Her last words were little more than a gasp, and her control slipped at that point. The bust of the Bothan hurtled toward her. She cracked her whip at it, a foreshortened stroke that might have missed in any case, but the bust's trajectory changed, sending the statuary beneath the tendrils. Instead of striking Lumiya's head or chest, the bust cracked into her right hand, sending the whip spinning from her grip; its tendrils twisted across the floor like living things, scarring it with their passage."

Emperordmb
Holy shit team 1 is prepped?!!

They take this for sure then.

DarthAnt66
Embarrassing showcase for Lumiya's TK, I must admit.
However avoiding "lightning-speed" attacks is highly impressive.

Nephthys
Come on man, Lightning-quick is like the most generic hyperbole in history. erm

DarthAnt66
You think I'm not aware? That wasn't the point. The hype supplies she has great speed. It is one thing merely blocking the attack, but completely getting out of the way of it? I am impressed.
She was personally able to combat Luke Skywalker, whose speed rivaled DE Palpatine's himself. She's a very impressive lightsaber combatant.

Nephthys
No it doesn't, it implies shes quick. Any Jedi is quick. I'M quick. Luke has been personally combated by random Sith, the truth is that he's just not that dominating of a fighter.

DarthAnt66
Theres a difference. Luke is not always like a Sith and bares down all his strength in effort to take the opponent down as quickly as possible.
But he has been in this state before, three times since his fight with Vader iirc. Once against Palpatine, once against Lumiya, and once against Caedus.

DarthAnt66
Example:

"Galant struck Luke, high, low, a series of subtle and sophisticated blows that would have bewildered any lesser duelist. He was good; Luke gave him that. He might have been a match for an expert sword master such as Kyp or Kyle Katarn...He parried each of Gaalan's blows, and his ripostes-his blade skittering off Gaalan's and thrusting now at the Sith Lords's face, now at shoulder or knee or torso-came increasingly close to touching flesh. Luke smiled at the man."

Nephthys
Nelani was godstomped by Jacen in a single saber attack without even looking at her though.

As I said, the only reason Lumiya lasts against him is her whip.

DarthAnt66

Nephthys
Because we have proof that she's nowhere near Luke's level with her fight with Nelani, a person JACEN casually one-shot. She only lasts against Luke because the length of her weapon makes getting to her past it difficult.

DarthAnt66
Her fight with Nelani only demonstrates a lack of telekinetic ability, not lightsaber prowess.
Easily dodging her blows is a demonstration of speed and superiority. I'm not sure why you think otherwise.
If her weapon is still effective against Luke Skywalker after numerous battles, why does Barsen'thor differ?

Nephthys
Nelani wasn't able to stand up to Jacen in lightsabers at all though, suggesting Lumiya couldn't either in the same position.

"Easily" dodging? She got hit. Plus that just suggests that Lumiya sucks more.

A willingness to attack with telekinetic waves that smash through meter thick blast doors.

DarthAnt66
Easily dodging as reference to Lumiya.

Nephthys
Who did she easily dodge?

DarthAnt66
"NELANI'S LIGHTSABER BLOW WAS LIGHTNING-QUICK, BUT BY THE time it landed the older woman had twirled to one side, positioning herself behind a bust. The glowing blade sliced off the marble top of the head of some long-dead Rodian scholar. Nelani advanced. Lumiya retreated, slapping her thigh-digging her fingers through the cloth and into her thigh. "

Nephthys
Meh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.