Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
Apparently it'll be less supernatural, and more piratey.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135908-Jerry-Bruckheimer-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-5-Wont-Have-Demonic-Monsters

After that last shitfest, is anyone still excited?

Kazenji
I still am slightly

hope this new one is much better then the last one.

jinXed by JaNx
yea, last one had the quality of a made for tv movie

BruceSkywalker
i have never seen these films.

are they any good

Mindset
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

are they any good The first one was, they've gone done in quality as each movie has come out, I still enjoy them though.

DARTH POWER

are they any good

Never seen POTC? Dude it's awesome. Just the last one was lame but you need to watch the first one right now!

NemeBro

are they any good First one was legit, and while the following movies aren't as good they're pretty dumb fun.

The Renegade

are they any good

Watch the first one.

Then, pretend the other films don't exist.

Firefly218
Originally posted by The Renegade
Watch the first one.

Then, pretend the other films don't exist. thumb up

Kazenji
erm

The other two movies are good

the one complaint i came across from critics when they came out was the stories with them was convoluted.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Kazenji
erm

thumb up

I loved all of them except the last one.

Firefly218
The 1st movie was amazing. The 2nd and 3rd were pretty good. The 4th was bullshit.

Arachnid1
The second one is my top. That was the best live-action Kraken ever.

ares834
Originally posted by The Renegade
Watch the first one.

Then, pretend the other films don't exist.

thumb up

Originally posted by Kazenji
erm

The 2nd was decent but the 3rd was garbage.

Kazenji
Each to their own.

TheVaultDweller
This has become one of those franchises where I cringe when I hear that they are making another one. I loved the first one, but it went steadily downhill from there.

Based
The first is overrated. 2nd and 3rd were good. Never seen the 4th.

-Pr-
First one imo was the best, but didn't like them as they went on, because i'm not a fan of Bloom or Knightly, and they seemed to get more and more screen time.

Didn't see the 4th one.

Holy shit though, Bad Boys 3? **** yeah.

Tzeentch
One was really good, two wasn't as good but it was still decent (as noted, the Kraken was ****ing awesome), three was a ****ing mess.

Four was pretty bad, though I really liked the presentation of the mermaids, the stupid inter-species romance aside.

80sBaby
1 & 2 were really good. 3 wasted all the opportunities from part 2. 4 was very meh.

siriuswriter
First three = Official trilogy. Otherwise - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kazenji
One thing i found strange for part 3 was with the big ship battle, You see thousands of ships from both sides but in the end the focus was on just the two erm

jinXed by JaNx
Even for as bad as the can be I liked the first three movies. I was sick of Sparrows character by the second movie though. I'd like to see them advance his character

Firefly218
Official release date 2017

http://screenrant.com/pirates-caribbean-5-release-date-2017/

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/15/d23-2015-orlando-bloom-confirmed-for-pirates-of-the-caribbean-5

So Bloom is back in this one. Hoping for Knightley too. That combined with the focus on pirates instead of the supernatural makes me cautiously optimistic.

They need a new villain too. Blackbeard was wasted in the last one. I cant believe they wasted the single most famous real life pirate in the worst film.

KingD19
So would a soft reboot mean he's not Captain of the Flying Dutchman anymore?

Arachnid1
The after credits scene of the third one had him come back 10 years later as captain, so I think he's stuck in that regard

KingD19
Originally posted by Arachnid1
The after credits scene of the third one had him come back 10 years later as captain, so I think he's stuck in that regard

I remember the scene. Jane's there with their kid and he's grinning like an idiot that he gets to see his family again. Junior gets to see grandpa, etc, etc lol.

I'm wondering though if the focus isn't on the supernatural, why would probably one of the most supernatural people in the series(imagine Will with all Davy Jones powers) show up?

And since he is showing up, and if he is still Captain of the Dutchman, the film would have to be set for 10 years after his visit. But that's only if the original caveat no longer holds true.

Originally Jones was only supposed to Captain the Dutchman for a decade, and when he came back he could be with Calypso. But she never showed up which is why he went renegade in the first place. Since Jane waited faithfully for those 10 years, I'm assuming Will could get released from the bond.

|King Joker|
If Bloom is coming back Knightley sort of has to, too, right? Those two characters are very intertwined. Either way, I'm extremely happy he's coming back. On Steanger Tides was so extremely lame, and I think Bloom and Knightley's absence was a big reason why.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.