First Names of Characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
I just discovered with great shame and shock that "Dooku" is a last name, not a first. sad
This has not been first time I was in shock. The Darth Plagueis novel states Palpatine is also a last name.

So I thought here we could discuss other characters who don't have canonical first names, and why their first names remain hidden. smile

NewGuy01
I knew about Dooku, but not Palpatine. Damn...

Anyway, Dooku's first name is Jard. /supershadowbs

DarthAnt66
http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Jard_Dooku thumb up

In terms of strictly movies, I was under the assumption that Dooku and Palpatine are their first names.
Is that not how Lucas envisioned it? I put more to blame towards the EU and establishing characters with the last names of "Dooku" and "Palpatine."
Like "Consinga Palpatine"? "Kostanza Dooku"? Next I anticipate a "Mazals Yoda". erm

DarthAnt66
UPDATE: According to http://scifi.about.com/od/starwarscharacters/a/SWAR_palpatine-first-name.htm , Palpatine's script name was "Ethril" or "Cos."

ares834
Of course they weren't first names. I'm honestly baffled that people thought that.

The Merchant
In the Darth Plagueis Novel Palpatine doesn't have a first name, he just uses his families name.

realslimshady25
Can I kiss you ant?

DarthAnt66
Sorry. Taken by Neph. <3

NewGuy01
Ethril Palpatine...

realslimshady25
EWWW gay couple

Selenial
Please tell me you're not serious....

No one ever calls someone count *first name*
The dude was a count of Serroco, highly important. It's like seeing a professor, and calling them professor Steve, not professor hawking.

As for Palpatine....
"Senator Amidala"

Her first name's Padme bro.

I really don't understand how this is surprising to you, they're being courteous. It's like "Master Kenobi"

Though, I must admit.... Yoda is one.

Lucas has always been horrible with names, (in response to Sidious' first name) yknow the only reason Galen Marek wasn't a Darth was because Lucas was DEADLY SERIOUS about wanting to call him Darth Icky.... He didn't see the funny side of it.

I'm not even joking.

I really wish I was.

NewGuy01
Jesus Christ, it's true! XD Wtf Lucas?!

Selenial
Oh I forgot, he was happy with option 2:

Darth Insanius.

NewGuy01
Yeah, I saw that as well.

realslimshady25
Dooku's first name is Count, duhhh

NewGuy01
thumb up

Selenial
Originally posted by realslimshady25
Dooku's first name is Count, duhhh

Quoted for truth

NTJack0
Well, there's Savage, whose first name is Randy.

realslimshady25
His first name is Savage Dumbass Savage Opress

carthage
Given that Bandon already has an inexcusably lame Sith name, I imagine his first name to be like Walter or Thurston or some other equally geeky name.

realslimshady25
Originally posted by carthage
Given that Bandon already has an inexcusably lame Sith name, I imagine his first name to be like Walter or Thurston or some other equally geeky name. His first name is Brandon lol

Selenial
Given that Bandon already has an inexcusably lame Sith name, I imagine his first name to be like Walter or Thurston or some other equally geeky name.

Walter White begs to differ

FreshestSlice
I think Bandon was his actual name. How sad.

Nephthys
Bob Malgus.

Phineas Scourge

Meetra Surik

Raven Revan OR Revan Baxter

Emily Kreia

Emperordmb
I laughed at Meetra Surik LOL

Nephthys
We all did. no expression

FreshestSlice
Kreia's real, hypothetical, name is embarrassing enough.

Nephthys
Master Nyghtshade Fyrehawke Vitiate

Bloodfyst Killburne Sion

Evil McBadguy Sidious

NewGuy01
Arren Kae mad

realslimshady25
Originally posted by Nephthys
Master Nyghtshade Fyrehawke Vitiate

Bloodfyst Killburne Sion

Evil McBadguy Sidious **** you, I hate you

carthage
Jerry Tenebrous

NewGuy01
Ruggess Nome, bro.

realslimshady25
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Ruggess Nome, bro. That's Darth Tenebrous's REAL name

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Arren Kae mad

I'm glad someone pointed that out... Jesus

Beniboybling
Palpatine does not have a first name, he chose not to.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Selenial
I'm glad someone pointed that out... Jesus
It's obvious that the names aren't real. I mean Revan Baxter?

Nephthys
Revan Baxter is 100% real, my friends uncle works for Lucasarts and is buddies with Karpyshan and he told me so suck it nerd.

FreshestSlice
He spoke of his travels during the Jedi Civil War quite often: "I didn't even remember who I was at the time, I was like a child sometimes, asking stupid questions like 'You speak Basic, when not a single person has misunderstood me so far, or, "How do I read this," but I knew one thing at the core of my being: my name certainly wasn't some sidekick ass bullshit like Baxter."

-Life and Death of the Revanchist: Deluxe True 100% Real Edition

realslimshady25
NON-CANON

FreshestSlice
How is it N-Canon? It's a quote, and it's in italics.

NTJack0
Originally posted by realslimshady25
His first name is Savage Dumbass Savage Opress You must be great at parties.

Insults will make you no friends.

Nalaniel
Dooku and Sidious are so badass they need no first name. cool

carthage
haha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.