Darth Bane DOE and Satele Shan vs. Reborn Revan and Darth Malak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Malak has his Star forge amp

Force, sabers, all out

DarthAnt66
Nah, but they do win.
Shan is the weak link here.

Nephthys
Team 1. Bane > Revan, Satele > Malak.

DarthAnt66
Revan can hold his own against Bane.
I can't say the same for Shan regarding Malak.

DarthAnt66
Erm...Bane and Shan are on the same team.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan can hold his own against Bane.
I can't say the same for Shan regarding Malak.

If by "hold his own" you mean "dies" then yes.

I can. She's got superior lightsaber and Force feats than him.

carthage
Unamped Bane has no feats that suggest he can defeat Revan, or at least not without high difficulty. Bane fought evenly with Zannah unamped, but Revan defeated Malak with a high amp. That is more impressive to me at least. Bane may be more skilled, but he's never demonstrated his "skill" with the exception against his apprentice and he lost that duel.

Revan has a chance.

DarthAnt66
The same Bane who got captured by mercenaries is not going to easily beat Revan, Neph.
All Shan has on Malak is tutaminis. I would say Malak is superior in all other aspects.
His performance against Revan is better then Shan's against Malgus'.

carthage
Not true he can change forms!

Nephthys
The same Bane who got captured by mercenaries is not going to easily beat Revan, Neph.
All Shan has on Malak is tutaminis. I would say Malak is superior in all other aspects.
His performance against Revan is better then Shan's against Malgus'.

With his power being suppressed. Plus Cognus was helping and you know she has haxx foresight powers. And I didn't say it would be easy.

Satele can blitz Sith Warriors, shatter blast doors and crush super-powerful droids into balls. Her Force Bubble let her be used as a wrecking ball to destroy hex droids and she was able to telepathically control them through their biological components. Her Force powers are much more developed than his.

Only because he could regenerate and shit.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
With his power being suppressed. Plus Cognus was helping and you know she has haxx foresight powers. And I didn't say it would be easy.
There were innumerable factors there. I actually had a post based on that, but I'ma wait a little while to post it.

carthage
How did she have "haxxed" foresight? She hadn't developed it fully at that moment, for instance she didn't even know who'd win the fight between Bane and Zannah. Bane got his ass kicked by those mercenaries in an ambush, if he was so strong he would've gotten out of it, instead he got beaten by an untrained force sensitive and a bunch of fodder.

Yet one more duel he lost, lol

Nephthys
Go away.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage
How did she have "haxxed" foresight? She hadn't developed it fully at that moment, for instance she didn't even know who'd win the fight between Bane and Zannah.
She may have lacked training, but her foresight was still far superior to almost every other force user out there.

Bane got his ass kicked by those mercenaries in an ambush, if he was so strong he would've gotten out of it, instead he got beaten by an untrained force sensitive and a bunch of fodder.

Yet one more duel he lost, lol
And Dooku got his ass kicked by drunken pirates, yet I never see you harping on him for that.

carthage
She was physically weaker and far less skilled than Bane, yet he lost miserably to her and those mercenaries. How is she superior when she has few feats in any other regard?

He never fought them they took him aboard their ship, and surrounded him without any sort of engagement whatsoever. Bane on the other hand fought them and went down hilariously

Emperordmb
She was physically weaker and far less skilled than Bane, yet he lost miserably to her and those mercenaries. How is she superior when she has few feats in any other regard?
I said her foresight was superior to almost every other user, I never made any claims about her martial ability.

Hell, the Huntress on her own would've been absolutely no match for an unarmed drugged Bane.

He never fought them they took him aboard their ship, and surrounded him without any sort of engagement whatsoever. Bane on the other hand fought them and went down hilariously
Nah there was an offscreen fight. Hondo pretty much confirms this later on in the episode.

Nephthys
Bane only lost because of deadly neurotoxin haxx.

carthage
Her foresight was fragmentary at that point, it wasn't "superior" based on what? There is no comparison to be made to anyone else in Bane's area for Cognus to make that assumption. Also there is no way to test your last assumption, unamped Bane has never fought any individual in DOE apart from Zannah. The Huntress dodged multiple lunges and blows from him, because he was slow and weak.

Suuuuree

Nephthys
Huntress also dodged his lightning, she was ****ing fast.

DarthAnt66
Yes, I am aware of Shan's feats. Though like Nomi's and Bastila's, they aren't totally combat directed. Keeping up with Revan in a "brutal" battle, then previously causing his Dark Lord himself to become "desperate" in combat is a superior combat and speed showing then really anything Shan has demonstrated.

Having lightning capable of killing a Jedi instantly is superior then anything she performed with the droids, as does having a Force Stun mastery with a 3-0 record. Ultimately who's to say that with his powers amplified even greater by the Star Forge, he cannot replicate his feet on Satele herself? And must I redirect you to him throwing a Mandalorian hundreds of feet?
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3825656-malak+pushhh.png

Ultimately, if you like it or not, Mr. Karpyshyn displays Malak and Revan as half of a full. They are closer in power then you believe.

"For me, Malak was always the 'brawn' to Revan's 'brain' - he was renowned for his combat abilities, and I always felt that he was even better than Revan with a lightsaber. I also felt that he wasn't as strong at using the Force in other ways as Revan was."
―Drew Karpyshyn (Author)

carthage
I agree. She was one of my favorite characters out of the book. Its a shame they never made a book about her.

Nephthys
Yes, I am aware of Shan's feats. Though like Nomi's and Bastila's, they aren't totally combat directed. Keeping up with Revan in a "brutal" battle, then previously causing his Dark Lord himself to become "desperate" in combat is a superior combat and speed showing then really anything Shan has demonstrated.

No it isn't. Not in terms of speed or strength or even lightsaber skill. Revan had just fought through the Star Forge and had to defeat Malak multiple times. Malak managing to put up a decent fight isn't indicative of superiority to Satele. Given the same advantages she could easily do the same. Probably even beat Revan in fact.

Having lightning capable of killing a Jedi instantly is superior then anything she performed with the droids, as does having a Force Stun mastery with a 3-0 record.

And his lightning is utterly useless against her Tutaminis. Also that Jedi was already being ragdolled, so I doubt he had force defenses up. Force Stun is similarly not going to effect her.

Ultimately who's to say that with his powers amplified even greater by the Star Forge, he cannot replicate his feet on Satele herself?

Lmao.

And must I redirect you to him throwing a Mandalorian hundreds of feet?
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3825656-malak+pushhh.png

This is really nothing that special tbh. It's nowhere close to shattering a blast door or cubing a Jedi-level droid with a flick of her wrist.

Ultimately, if you like it or not, Mr. Karpyshyn displays Malak and Revan as half of a full. They are closer in power then you believe.

"For me, Malak was always the 'brawn' to Revan's 'brain' - he was renowned for his combat abilities, and I always felt that he was even better than Revan with a lightsaber. I also felt that he wasn't as strong at using the Force in other ways as Revan was."
―Drew Karpyshyn (Author)

Don't care. Feats and showings prove otherwise. Revan sliced off Malak's jaw, not the other way around.

DarthAnt66
I'll respond later, despite it being short anyway. ^
Gt work out then start my first Revan/Malak fanfiction.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys (Today)
Revan had just fought through the Star Forge and had to defeat Malak multiple times.
Originally posted by Nephthys (A couple days ago)
Also Revan had time to rest during the Star Forge battle, while he was making his new robes and talking to Bastila and Malak before fighting them.
Don't give me double-standards, Neph.http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3156199618.gif

Malak managing to put up a decent fight isn't indicative of superiority to Satele.
Except Satele Shan's greatest combat showing is holding her own against Darth Malgus from "Hope" according to SWTORE.
Darth Malak contesting in a "brutal" battle with Revan on the Star Forge is much more impressive then this.
And don't forget this is Darth Malak with the Star Forge in the battle. wink
No it isn't. Not in terms of speed or strength or even lightsaber skill.
It is a display that Darth Malak can press Revan in combat to a far point.
Having impressive speed, strength, and lightsaber skill is required for this to happen.
And his lightning is utterly useless against her Tutaminis.
That wasn't the point. The point rather was he has "incredible power", as demonstrated by his lightning.

Also that Jedi was already being ragdolled, so I doubt he had force defenses up.
Ragdolling a Jedi is also very impressive.http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif Though it is logical to assume an instinctual Force barrier was put up in a last-effort to save themselves.

This is really nothing that special tbh. It's nowhere close to shattering a blast door or cubing a Jedi-level droid with a flick of her wrist.
Erm, what? Demagol, a famed Mandalorian (a warrior race that rivals the Jedi Order according to sources), was thrown *hundreds* of feet. That is highly impressive.

Don't care. Feats and showings prove otherwise. Revan sliced off Malak's jaw, not the other way around.
Feat and showings don't prove otherwise. In their three battles, Darth Malak has proved himself excellently against Revan.
In one, it was described as "desperate" In another, it was described as "brutal". Hell, Malak even beat Revan once.
- - - - -
Why is losing to Revan a poor showcase? He's goddamn Revan. No one else in that time period sans the KotOR2 gang could rival him!
Ignoring statements that suggest Revan and Malak are close in power is really lame Neph. Revan was so beat up in the Star Forge battle he required time to recover.

NewGuy01

thumb up

realslimshady25
Duchess satine

WildBantha88
Revan isn't that much more powerful than Satele Shan, honestly I can see them being equals.

realslimshady25
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Revan isn't that much more powerful than Satele Shan, honestly I can see them being near equals. Or EQUAL.

Nephthys
Don't give me double-standards, Neph.http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3156199618.gif

He still had to fight Bastila multiple times, defeat that room of infinitely spawning droids and beat Malak multiple times. Besides, I only said that he had some time to rest, but he could still have minor wounds and some weariness. The fact is that Malak had a ton of advantages and still got shit-stomped.

Except Satele Shan's greatest combat showing is holding her own against Darth Malgus from "Hope" according to SWTORE.
Darth Malak contesting in a "brutal" battle with Revan on the Star Forge is much more impressive then this.
And don't forget this is Darth Malak with the Star Forge in the battle. wink

I just think that it's wank of the highest order to give Malak the win JUST because he managed to give KOTOR Revan a good fight. I know you like Revan, but come the eff on. Malak had tons of advantages in that fight and still lost again and again and again and again and again. He is far below Kotor Revan, let alone Revan Reborn, who has most of Revan's actually impressive feats.

It is a display that Darth Malak can press Revan in combat to a far point.
Having impressive speed, strength, and lightsaber skill is required for this to happen.

Not really with the speed and strength considering Revan has next to no feats in that. I can't believe that you're giving Malak the nod in several areas purely because he managed to fight Kotor Revan.

Satele was able to blast 3 Sith into the air then cut them down from several meters away before they'd even started falling. With strength she managed to hold off Malgus with one hand while using the Force.

That wasn't the point. The point rather was he has "incredible power", as demonstrated by his lightning.

Gee and here Satele only have "slightly above the norm" power. erm

Ragdolling a Jedi is also very impressive.http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif Though it is logical to assume an instinctual Force barrier was put up in a last-effort to save themselves.

And Satele can take out multiple Sith with a single attack, well before her prime. As well as shatter blast doors casually and cube super battledroids with a gesture.

Its not logical. He was already being ragdolled, his defenses wouldn't be up.

Erm, what? Demagol, a famed Mandalorian (a warrior race that rivals the Jedi Order according to sources), was thrown *hundreds* of feet. That is highly impressive.

It doesn't matter if he was a famed barber his weight would be the same. And I don't find it impressive to throw a human that far. It's less than an Obi-Wan level feat, let alone a Satele Shan level feat. It's not in the same ballpark as her.

Feat and showings don't prove otherwise. In their three battles, Darth Malak has proved himself excellently against Revan.
In one, it was described as "desperate" In another, it was described as "brutal". Hell, Malak even beat Revan once.

And amnesiac, half-baked Revan sure. In the other two Revan cut his jaw off and humiliated him and in the other Revan beat the piss out of him over and over again despite being disadvantaged and before Revan's prime.

Why is losing to Revan a poor showcase? He's goddamn Revan. No one else in that time period sans the KotOR2 gang could rival him!
Ignoring statements that suggest Revan and Malak are close in power is really lame Neph. Revan was so beat up in the Star Forge battle he required time to recover.

You mean, besides Kotor 2 AND the Sith Empire? And Satele does rival him in her era. Without needing a nexus amp and 5 goes at him as well. Even straight up she'd give Revan a great fight, forget about being able to fight him multiple times in a row.

Nalaniel

DarthAnt66

ares834
Satele should be able to beat Malak and help Bane with Revan. So edge to team 1.

Board Walker
Revan's command of the force as a whole, including both the light and dark would allow him to some pretty crazy things.

For example Revan could command the light side and force sever team one, and or then he could command the dark side and create a non stop force lightning aura that would incinerate them.

Or he could combine the powers and create a storm of force sever beams.

Emperordmb
What the fahk?!!!

NO!!!

Nephthys

DarthAnt66
Oh wow, you actually responded! stick out tongue However, I'm going to wait a little bit to respond. I just emailed Drew on the 10th concerning Darth Malak. Hopefully his response should clear up some issues.
I don't see a reason responding now when one of our arguments can be destroyed/confirmed in several days. Though if he doesn't respond by the 24th (two weeks later), I'll respond back anyway.

Nephthys
Or you could concede.

What did you ask him?

DarthAnt66
Concede? Over Malak being weak? Why would I concede on something completely not true? erm

I asked him about your entire argument, which is that how did Malak get beat by Revan on the Star Forge despite his advantages.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by ares834
Satele should be able to beat Malak and help Bane with Revan. So edge to team 1.
I do not underestimate Malak but I think this is possible.

Nephthys
Being lesser than Satele is being weak?

Well he'll obviously just say "Revan was better than him, duh."

DarthAnt66
Eh. *motions to Mehkis*

I didn't directly say what I told you. erm He should give a good response.

S_W_LeGenD
@DarthAnt66

I must caution you against underestimating strength of Satele Shan.

Satele Shan, at one point, held Darth Malgus at bay with one hand and (simultaneously) used her other hand to pull down a gigantic tree with her power in the Force in an attempt to force Darth Malgus away from her. I mean, this is one of the greatest display of strength from a character in the mythos.

I don't think I need to tell anybody how strong Darth Malgus is.

DarthAnt66
Lol I am aware. Though that fight as a whole was rather embarrassing for Shan.
However, we can't merely ignore her fight on Mehkis, like we can't ignore the Exile's against Nyriss.

Nephthys
The fight Satele won?

Yeah, what a terrible showing for her. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarthAnt66
She won thanks to Jace Malcom. She was utterly beaten in lightsaber combat and her tutaminis would have been overloaded by Malgus in time.

Nephthys
Mehkis.

But with Malgus, isn't it possible she could absorb enough energy to blast Malgus away?

DarthAnt66
What about Mehkis, the Sith she merely stalemated? erm

It is, though I find it very unlikely. If you look at the video, she was clearly struggling, and trying to unleash anything would most likely result in her head being swiped off.

S_W_LeGenD
Lol I am aware. Though that fight as a whole was rather embarrassing for Shan.
Embarrassing for Shan? Seriously?

Shan demonstrated incredible power and talents in that battle. I have yet to see even Jedi Master Yoda duplicating some of her actions.

However, we can't merely ignore her fight on Mehkis, like we can't ignore the Exile's against Nyriss.
What happened in this battle?

Nephthys
No, she won. Mehkis was wounded and ran away. Satele beat her.

DarthAnt66
Also, NewGuy01 also messaged Drew. He asked concerning the power difference between KotOR Revan's and TOR:Revan's Revan. This will also help establish a power for Malak. smile

Hold on.

Nephthys
Techno holding.

DarthAnt66
Don't rush your wife.

DarthAnt66
http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/17/73/92/12/woah_b10.png
They fought to a stalemate. The fact Mekhis was wounded (which I haven't really seen a source for besides Wookieepedia), doesn't mean she lost.
I got to go though, so don't expect a response for a little while.

Nephthys
That's only one crazy guys opinion. Another person says that Satele humbled her or whatever.

DarthAnt66
(On my phone) I believe you are referring to Theron Shan. I thought he was referring to the entire battle of Rhem Var itself (a crucial victory for the Republic), not just the individual duel.

Nephthys
This was already discussed recently by other members. Your source isn't reliable.

DarthAnt66
(On phone) I don't care what other TOR fans think, tbh.
It says that she "broke" her. Yet meanwhile none of Mekhis injuries were even noticeable. The quote just makes much more sense if it's referring to Mehkis' entire forces and strategy, as well as her ego. Hell, he says it right infront of Mehkis, it could easily have been just to piss her off.
I stand by the fact she stalemated her until someone can make a decent argument otherwise.

Nephthys
I think you should, they're more familiar with the material.

Mekhis was the one who ran away injured. At the end of the day we only have the word of a crazy hermit that they drew. The facts say otherwise. How would he even know that? Fvcker wasn't there. His opinion isn't fact, so you're incorrect to suggest it is in this case. Mekhis ran, Mekhis was injured, Mekhis lost the battle.

Besides which is the fact that its still not a bad showing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.