Darth Tyranus vs Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperordmb
Who wins?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'll vouch for Exar Kun.

Emperordmb
I'd second that

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd second that

I'll third it.

Tyranus is good but Exar Kun is a good enough duelist to at least hold him off and he has no way to counter Kun's Sith sorcery.

While he's a powerful dark sider his knowledge of Sith ways is limited. Tyranus himself even notes in Labyrinth of Evil that Palpatine basically gave him just a crash course.

NewGuy01
What sorceries are you referring to specifically?

I wouldn't say that. He has a multitude of ancient Sith Holocrons and teachings in his possession, including Andeddu's.

He also has at least some expertise in Sith Sorcery, considering he was able to create a dark side doppleganger of himself that was convincing enough to make Anakin think he had killed Dooku after defeating it.

realslimshady25
Count Dookie easily

carthage
Kun dies

realslimshady25
Carthage whats a brick bully

carthage
A power ranger villain

Nalaniel
Kun.

Stigma
Dooku.

Sinious
Exar Kun takes this.

Kalen Sykes
Exar Kun wins this.

Trocity
Exar Kun.

AncientPower
Exar Kun.

EmperorSidious2
Dooku

Angelalex242
Dooku can outfence Kun, but he'll lose Force and all out.

AncientPower
Kun with only a standard saber was a perfect match for Ulic Qel-Droma whom has been compared to DE Luke as an excellent swordsman by an author of both Tales of the Jedi and Dark Empire, DE Luke is better than Vader by that point. Now take into account that Kun with his saberstaff is even better than that and Kun should by extension be better than Dooku.

Emperordmb
I don't completely agree with that line of thought, but I'll still vouch for Kun.

The Merchant
I thought Tom was comparing Ulic to ROTJ Luke. That's still a good feat though. Kun takes this.

AncientPower
Eh Luke, Ulic and Vader all employ Form V lightsaber combat and Ulic was a prefiguration of DE Luke as the author describes, comparing them as excellent swordsmen. In reality it is just confirming their status as the two greatest swordsmen of the OR era and two of the greatest of all time, now we simply have an indication of their tier.

AncientPower
Originally posted by The Merchant
I thought Tom was comparing Ulic to ROTJ Luke. That's still a good feat though. Kun takes this.

I thought so to but then I realised that he called Ulic a prefiguration of the Luke Skywalker he was designing and writing, which is the Dark Empire version. They even share the same character arc through both stories, they both attempt to infiltrate the Sith, fail and join them and are then redeemed in some way.

carthage
Exar wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.