Redeemed Revan (Grey) Vs. Jedi Arrest Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Board Walker
Redeemed Revan (Grey) versus the Jedi Arrest team that arrived at Sidious office in ROTS.

Sinious
Windu might solo and with the other 3 jedi, they destroy him.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Sinious

FreshestSlice
What do you mean by "Redeemed Revan?" If you mean Revan Reborn, he isn't gray; he's a firm believer in the Light Side. If you mean KotOR Revan, he's more Light Sided than anyone.

That being said, I think Revan could take Mace, but certainly not all 4.

ares834
Did you read the novel? Because Revan was clearly a grey Jedi in that.

Board Walker
I meant the Revan that is grey, the one which believes that the light side as well as the dark side of the force are one and the same. The one that wields both sides of the force in unison with one another, that is the Revan I am referencing.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by ares834

FreshestSlice
There's no such thing as a "grey" Jedi in the moral sense. Either you're aligned with the Light Side of the Force or the Dark. There are a few exceptions, but Revan isn't on of them. He's close to the middle, but by no means is he there.

ares834
Uh , yes he was.... As stupid as it is, he used both sides of the force.

Tzeentch
That is incredibly stupid, yeah.

But par the course for the Old Republic era.

FreshestSlice
Uh , yes he was.... As stupid as it is, he used both sides of the force.
So does Kyle or Jolee, but I wouldn't say they are "grey" per se. Revan's one I put pretty close, but he's more Light than Dark, is what I mean. Of course that, "Channeling the Light and Dark as twin rivers to release the Force in its purest Form," is bs to the nth degree.

Board Walker
The book makes it seem like Revan is the epitome of a grey entity, Revan himself states that he perceives the light side and dark side being one and the same with both flowing through him.

That and he channels the dark side for his force lightning, then states he is channeling the light side in order to heal himself. Finally he states that he channels both light and dark simultaneously to produce the force explosion that knocked the emperor back.

Pretty sure he is grey...

FreshestSlice
And that's cool and all, but also very impossible. To use the Light Side of the Force, you have to be calm and collected. To use the Dark Side of the Force, you have to corrupt and imbalance it. To use the Dark Side is to subvert the Force and use the Light is to allow it to will itself through you. It's simply impossible to do both at the same time. Either way, morally, he can't want to be both Light and Dark either; his opinion on the matter is irrelevant.

Emperordmb
Light and Dark are more Yin Yang than natural and corrupt.

FreshestSlice
BioWare aside, only Mortis shows a similar thinking, and Revan isn't a One, so he wouldn't be able to think, act, or use the Force as they do. For just about any Jedi, the Force doesn't work that way.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
BioWare aside, only Mortis shows a similar thinking, and Revan isn't a One, so he wouldn't be able to think, act, or use the Force as they do. For just about any Jedi, the Force doesn't work that way.
Well obviously the Jedi and Sith would be biased towards their respective alignments and believe it to be the force in its "natural state"

It's safe to say that the Ones are more knowledgeable about the force than any other organization, so I hold their Yin Yang view higher than Jedi and Sith dogmas.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by realslimshady25
Freshest you do realize that no one likes TOR
You do realise that you're wasting precious brain cells by responding to my criticism of BioWare with criticism of me praising them.
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well obviously the Jedi and Sith would be biased towards their respective alignments and believe it to be the force in its "natural state"

It's safe to say that the Ones are more knowledgeable about the force than any other organization, so I hold their Yin Yang view higher than Jedi and Sith dogmas.
Of course, but first you have to show that normal none Celestials can use the Force in the same way that they can. Either way, during the Foundry flashpoint you can say, "I too serve the Light," and Revan will say that the Sith/Imperial in question understands him. I believe for all intents in purposes he believes that he switches from side to side, more than he is both at the same time, his words.

Stigma
Windu can solo, adding the team is an overkill.

Kotor3
Revan force drains all of them. Windu is the only threat to Revan.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Sinious

Based
There's no such thing as a "grey" Jedi in the moral sense. Either you're aligned with the Light Side of the Force or the Dark. There are a few exceptions, but Revan isn't on of them. He's close to the middle, but by no means is he there.

Kalen Sykes

What would you call a Force wielder who morally believes in the greater good, but is willing to use darkside techniques and aggression to achieve it? An "ends justify the means" kind of person?

FreshestSlice
A Dark Sider? There' no Light Sider that works for the greater good and believes that the ends justify the means of achieving it. If you mean someone who wants to accomplish good things, but uses anger at times to achieve this positive things, they are probably mostly Light Sided, but again using the Dark Side eventually will lead to falling to it. That's just how morality has always been portrayed in Star Wars.

Nephthys
Kyle Katarn used Force Lightning too. Just sayin'.

FreshestSlice
So does Kyle or Jolee, but I wouldn't say they are "grey" per se.

Nephthys
I know. But isn't using Force Lightning an "end justify the means" kind of thing? It's using literally evil energy to better protect the galaxy.

FreshestSlice
That's not really the type of separation I was going for. Someone who uses anger for the "greater good," doesn't sound like Kyle. Kyle uses Lightning because he doesn't believe in the distinction to begin with. Someone who does it for the greater good sounds like someone who doesn't care for morals and just wants to justify their actions.

Nephthys
Then you think Revan was more Sith than Jedi? I mean, he was trying to genocide the Empire for the greater good. That, plus using the Dark Side prove that he's no pure lightsider.

FreshestSlice
Aside from KotOR, I never believed that Revan was a pure Light Sider, even then I can't say if he used the Dark Side or not. As for TOR Revan, as I've said before, he's a mental patient so I won't judge him. If he's thinking of sound mind though, yes. I don't think killing 97.8 of any population is something a Lightsider would do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.