Strongest Female Jedi Tournament: Round 1 Battle 12. Anya'Kuro Vs Darth Nyriss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Welcome back the SFJ tournament, in our last battle, Tahiri Veila defeated Maris Brood In a saddening 5 to 2, now we have two new powerful combatants, both regarded as powerful and aggressive duelist and force users. Now on the fight!!

First Up.

The powerful and unorthodox. Anya'Kuro
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs31/i/2008/213/6/8/The_Dark_An__ya_Kuro_by_Asraniel.png

A powerful and mysterious jedi master, Anya'Kuro was a woman who trained the orders finest, producing fine and great warriors, Like Ki Adi Mundi and Jon Antillies, as well as its threats, as her training produced the powerful jedi turned bounty hunter Aurra Sing and the powerful sith lord and ruler of the one Sith A'Sharad Hett, Her training was harsh and devastating to such a point that the order would only send "difficult" or troublemaking jedi to her in order to teach them humility.

Anya'Kuro's lightsaber Form. Despite her advanced age, The Dark woman - much like Yoda, utilized The fourth form of lightsaber combat like a master, her mastery with the form allowed her to fight on par with Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel a feat only replicated by a select few jedi. She fought ferociously against her apprentice A'sharad hett and displayed great talent with Jar'Kai.

Anya'Kuro's force prowess/powers. was a master of the unorthodox, displaying power of controlling the local fauna, cloaking herself with the force and passing through solid matter as it where nothing and even possessed knowledge of teleportation, she was a master of unorthodoxy.

VERSUS

The dark lady of the sith and dark council member. Darth Nyriss

A powerful and well renowned sith lady, Darth Nyriss was a member of the dark council for twenty years, Darth Nyriss was feared by many as there had been many attempts on her life, yet she thanks to her guards and her cunning, she survived until Revan was freed by the powerful jedi master Meetra Surik and the equal strong sith lord Scourge.

Darth Nyriss' Lightsaber form. a powerful combatant who despite her age was able to beat powerful opponents like the great lord scourge and the Meetra Surik - though it is MY opinion that this is a weakened version of Surik but this is not the place to discuss that. regardless of that, Nyriss was able to fend both of these highly skilled combatants off with her great Skill and was only defeated after the powerful "balance of the force" himself intervened

Darth Nyriss' Force Prowess/Powers. Darth Nyriss was proficient user of Force speed and used it in conjunction with her lightsaber skills to overwhelm them with ease, She was a practiced hand at force lightning being able to literally disintegrate soldiers as if they were nothing, though the intensity varied as when she used it on T3-M4 he merely fell backwards.

Two powerful women, one a powerful dark council member, the other revered for her skill and her training methods. Please don't forget to vote on the Poll thank you!

DarthAnt66
Nyriss' slaughters.

carthage
Kuro with high difficulty

NewGuy01
I'm siding with An'ya Kuro, unless the consensus here is that Darth Vader would be slaughtered by Nyriss. Because even after living in isolation for 16 years she was nearly capable of defeating him.

Emperordmb
I'd probably give this one to Kuro. She seems to be someone with a lot of tricks up her sleeve, and I doubt she'd be caught off guard by Nyriss's ferocity as much.

Nephthys
Nyriss. You guys are nuuuuuts.

Emperordmb
Don't you know Neph? Nyriss was on a nexus, therefore she completely sucks, and the entirety of her feats are completely invalid. She may as well be completely featless.

Nephthys
I think the poll is an unreliable way of doing this considering all the socks and trolls currently running around.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
I think the poll is an unreliable way of doing this considering all the socks and trolls currently running around.
Yeah based on the posts of members with some actual legitimacy, it should be 2 and 2 for the combatants.

Me and Newguy1 for Kuro, and you and Ant for Nyriss

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Don't you know Neph? Nyriss was on a nexus, therefore she completely sucks, and the entirety of her feats are completely invalid. She may as well be completely featless.

She could still probably kick Bane's and Zannah's ass though.

Nalaniel
I'm going with Kuro.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah based on the posts of members with some actual legitimacy, it should be 2 and 2 for the combatants.

Me and Newguy1 for Kuro, and you and Ant for Nyriss

Either Neph or Ant didn't vote, and Me/You/Carthage/Nalaniel/2 Others voted Kuro.

Nephthys
I'm obviously not aware of Kuro's feats because I don't understand why she's winning.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Either Neph or Ant didn't vote, and Me/You/Carthage/Nalaniel/2 Others voted Kuro.

I voted Kuro.

Q99
I dunno, Anyo used terrain and such to her advantage a lot to do as well as she did against V. In pure dueling, Ms. "I handled Meetra and Scourge at the same time," may be better.

NewGuy01
An'ya passes through her light saber Obito-style.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nyriss shows her what it means to be a true master of the dark side. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3388927884.gif

NewGuy01
She's completely light-side, her name is referring to her robes and mysterious nature.

carthage
Kuro fighting Vader >> losing in spite of being on a nexus.

Nephthys
You're so biased, Carthage.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
You're so biased, Carthage.
quoted for truth

carthage
Originally posted by realslimshady25
Kuro is a lot better then Vader, vader just has plot convenience

haha

carthage
If Nyriss didn't utterly get lolstomped by her own lightning she could take this but no.

Kuro's fight against Vader is a better feat than getting killed by your own abilities.

carthage
I highly doubt Nyriss can catch her, she has no speed feats off nexus to suggest she can. Also Kuro can teleport and has superior saber feats i,e holding her own against Vader. She's more skilled and better around the board then Nyriss.

Kuro wins

carthage
Either way Nyriss's feats are on a nexus and can be called into question

Her lightning is likely not as strong either imo

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Nyriss

This shouldn't be even a debate.

Nephthys
Originally posted by carthage
I highly doubt Nyriss can catch her, she has no speed feats off nexus to suggest she can. Also Kuro can teleport and has superior saber feats i,e holding her own against Vader. She's more skilled and better around the board then Nyriss.

Kuro wins

Holding her own with Vader isn't better than pwning Scourge and Meetra at the same time.

NewGuy01
A nearly century-old An'ya almost defeated Vader after living in isolation for nearly two decades out of combat.

S_W_LeGenD
A nearly century-old An'ya almost defeated Vader after living in isolation for nearly two decades out of combat.
Statements such as these do not prove anything. Darth Nyriss also had long breaks from action.

Details of the battle between An'ya and Vader will be appreciated.

Nephthys

She's in the same state in this fight presumably so stressing those aspects doesn't change anything.

NewGuy01
Presumably from the picture provided by the OP, we are discussing Kuro as she appeared before the Clone Wars. So the conditions are not the same.

Even if we were debating her later incarnation, Darth Vader is still more powerful than Nyriss--A case could easily be made for her.

S_W_LeGenD
Presumably from the picture provided by the OP, we are discussing Kuro as she appeared before the Clone Wars. So the conditions are not the same.

Even if we were debating her later incarnation, Darth Vader is still more powerful than Nyriss--A case could easily be made for her.
Look! "Darth Vader is still more powerful than Nyriss" is not a valid argument either. This is a supposition, not something confirmed or verified at official capacity. Characters tend to grow and change with passage of time, so caution is advised while evaluating them. Furthermore, it is not likely that Darth Vader is superior to Darth Nyriss in virtually every context. Darth Nyriss doesn't have limitations of lets say mechanical Darth Vader, it is likely that she is faster then mechanical Darth Vader. In addition, Darth Nyriss can unleash powers potent enough to destroy even powerful Force-users, powers that Darth Vader cannot unleash during his mechanical form or does not specializes in. In the nutshell, these matters aren't so black and white.

It is also important to understand the ground realities of battle between Vader and Kuro. When did this battle occurred? What was the condition of Vader during this time? What happened during the battle?

Based
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Darth Nyriss

This shouldn't be even a debate.

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

It is important to understand the ground realities of battle between Vader and Kuro. When did this battle occurred? What was the condition of Vader during this time? What happened during the battle?

...How can it not be a debate if you don't know who the other character is?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Based
...How can it not be a debate if you don't know who the other character is?
Do you think I cannot or do not read?

Maybe you can present a valid argument in favor of Anya'Kuro. If I am missing something, educate me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.