new thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
ohai jockey

It's xyz!
Hey up love.

silver_tears
hiya blush2

It's xyz!
smile So travelling is a really good thing. Have you ever been to Barcelona?

silver_tears
no, I'll be going in September after I move to Portugal
I'm gonna do Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid, and Seville droolio

Clovie
a tutaj kiedy będziesz?

silver_tears
funny story, I'm flying through Warsaw in August to get to Lviv, or Lvov as all the peasants know it haermm

Bardock42
I haven't been to mainland Spain. Something I should do soon.

silver_tears
jes, I hear it's spectacular, I'll go and report back jockey

Robtard
Is this thread better than the old thread?

silver_tears
You tell me naughty

Clovie

silver_tears

It's xyz!
Originally posted by Bardock42
I haven't been to mainland Spain. Something I should do soon. Originally posted by silver_tears
jes, I hear it's spectacular, I'll go and report back jockey I'd fancy Madrid but you can't beat those Mediterranean beaches.

silver_tears
I think I'm going to fly into Barcelona, take the train through Barcelona, Granada, Seville, and then Madrid, and fly out of Madrid hmm

It's xyz!
That sounds good hmm

Must visit Benidorm if you like to drink though.

silver_tears
I just don't know if I should do this in August or September hmm

It's xyz!
August - party season

September - quiet season

Which works best for you?

silver_tears
September I think, because by then I'll be closer and it'll be cheaper to fly into Spain hmm

Clovie
Originally posted by silver_tears
it's anglia in english as well Really? not England? big grin

It's xyz!
It's England but Anglia is another name for it ja.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Clovie
Really? not England? big grin

stick out tongue

silver_tears
I prefer anglia awesome

It's xyz!
Sounds more European, but not so much as Caledonia!

silver_tears
What should I do with my day?

Bardock42
Have you considered lying in bed and wasting time on the internet?

silver_tears
I feel like I can confidently cross that off my list haermm

Clovie
reading a book lady

And obviously Anglia, sounds better to me too big grin

silver_tears
YouTube comments fills me with rage. I really can't stand these "super fans."

It's xyz!
I never comment on youtube.

But when I did, they were probably the best in the world.

silver_tears
Yea, me too haermm

Bardock42
YouTube comments fills me with rage. I really can't stand these "super fans."

Yeah, those other "super fans" just don't understand him at all...

silver_tears
Lawl I don't pretend to be a super fan. Just irritates me when people think that buying all their crap and having followed them for several years somehow makes them a band's best fan. Like please *****, you're no more likely to sleep with them than I am just because you own their b-sides haermm

But seriously, it bothers me when people think you can't be a legitimate fan just because you can't name every single song they've ever put out off the top of your head. Shouldn't matter imo, a fan's a fan's a fan.

Bardock42
http://us-fan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Best-Oscillating-Fan.jpg

?

It's xyz!
I listened to them in 2006, was obsessed. Also listen to some of their B sides.

I consider myself a fan.

i5xNF-39fCk

Bardock42
I've been following this conversation, and others like it, for a while now, and I still don't know who we are talking about...

silver_tears
the future father of my children link-rape

http://i62.tinypic.com/2eyjha9.jpg

It's xyz!
I listened to them in 2006, was obsessed. Also listen to some of their B sides.

I consider myself a fan.

i5xNF-39fCk

silver_tears
A super fan?

It's xyz!
A super fan.

silver_tears
I somehow managed to get chocolate in my hair no expression

Oneness
I somehow managed to get chocolate in my hair no expression Chocolate and cuties.

Two of my favorite things.

It's xyz!
I somehow managed to get chocolate in my hair no expression Wrong hole?

silver_tears
I was laying down in bed haermm

It's xyz!
That's part of the process.

silver_tears
Something something about holes uhuh

It's xyz!
Yeah, I kinda went over board.

Robtard would be proud.

silver_tears
He does enjoy talk of holes

It's xyz!
Particularly the butthole.

He has an unhealthy obsession. ermm

silver_tears
He's just a fan haermm

It's xyz!
He needsa fan. haermm

silver_tears
There's a couple like two feet away from me breaking up...no expression

It's xyz!
Don't be the rebound.

Spice up their relationship. shifty

silver_tears
No thank you, they're ugmos haermm

It's xyz!
Then you're going to have to go to Sheffield for your kicks. haermm

silver_tears
Oh I ****ing will, I've become a touch obsessed, I wanna hear that accent moaning my name haermm

It's xyz!
That. That can be arranged.

silver_tears
eyes

It's xyz!
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Jk6E6gT0yu

I tried my best. ermm

silver_tears
crylaugh

And now the internet has it eyes

It's xyz!
I'mma be KMC's new singer.

silver_tears
I wanna date a rockstar

Time Immemorial
XYZ is KMC"s Rocking Post whore? Does that count?

It's xyz!
Post whore?

Whatevs.

Bardock42
I wanna date a rockstar

And if the world does turn
And if London burns I'll be standing on the beach with my guitar
I wanna be in a band when I get to heaven
Anyone can play guitar
And they won't be a nothing anymore

silver_tears
TAKE ME NOW

It's xyz!
ermm You're two timing me?

silver_tears
You know the deal, make some introductions haermm

Bardock42
This is all making me very uncomfortable....

silver_tears
Does Jonathan Ross have a lisp? hmm

Bardock42
He does, he also has an insanely great series about Japanese culture, called Japanorama, you should check it out.

silver_tears
Meh, I'm not really nuts about Japan

Bardock42
It's good whether you are nuts about Japan or not....

It's xyz!
You know the deal, make some introductions haermm But you're not a super fan so you won't recognise em. ermm

silver_tears
I could recognize them in the dark haermm

silver_tears
Children prepare yourselves, it's 1:14 am on Tuesday July 15 in London, today is the day I perfect the cat eye liner, I'm gonna be unstoppable.

It's xyz!
Get on a train to my house!

silver_tears
Where do you live? I have to take a train there?

Bardock42
He lives in Baba Yaga's house, it'll come to you.

silver_tears
I actually get that reference haermm

Bardock42
That's cause you are some sort of slav....

silver_tears
Ukrainian

Bardock42
Yeah, that's what I meant. Ukrainians are like our next door next door neighbors.

What are you up to?

silver_tears
I'm writing a short story actually, drinking an iced latte, listening to Arctic Monkeys. You?

Bardock42
I'm chilling at home. Been working a bit on some stuff I had to do for my new company, but now I'm mostly reading stuff online. What short story are you writing on? Do you write a lot? Can I see it?

silver_tears
Oh what new company is this?

It's a little bit angsty. Kind of repressed emotion type of stuff. I do write a lot, I have folders of things on my laptop. I love spending time in cafes writing stories. And no, you may not, I'm very embarrassed about the whole thing, but I just do it for my own enjoyment blush

Bardock42
We make software for the readymix concrete industry. In particular a platform where concrete producers can get rent concrete transporters. I started working on that platform about one and a half years ago. And about 5 months ago a potential competitor, that was at a similar stage, approached us to make a company together. And now, 5 months later, we finally started it. Had to be in Hamburg for that yesterday. But it has been a stressful 5 months, so I'm glad we finished that first milestone.

Aww, okay, if you ever change your mind though, I'd love to read it. It's good to have an outlet. I've been trying to write, but I'm very undisciplined, I mostly just plan things in my mind, and never actually get to the putting it on paper stage. But I'll try to be better, I have this new idea for a story I've been fleshing out, and hopefully, if I have time and discipline, I'll start writing that soon.

silver_tears
That's fantastic babe, congrats huh, huge accomplishment already!

Yeah I'm the same, tons of ideas, but I lack discipline and sometimes I let the stories get too involved and then the idea of finishing them feels like a dreadful amount of work, so I don't. I would love to be a writer, but I have trouble taking criticism and I don't think I could stick to tight deadlines.

Epicurus
Basically speaking, you would rather waste your potential instead of making small, reformative changes to your personality. Gotchya.

Bardock42
Thank you. It's been a pretty big weight lifted off my shoulder, I was anxious about the deal falling through.

Oh yeah, me too. I'd love to write semi-professionally at least, but when I do start writing I almost always start hating what I did write at the very latest a day later. And it just doesn't flow the way I want. I suppose more practice would help. And same about criticism, it hurts my feelings and also what has the critic ever done anyways except for being stupid and ugly?

silver_tears
Thank you. It's been a pretty big weight lifted off my shoulder, I was anxious about the deal falling through.

Oh yeah, me too. I'd love to write semi-professionally at least, but when I do start writing I almost always start hating what I did write at the very latest a day later. And it just doesn't flow the way I want. I suppose more practice would help. And same about criticism, it hurts my feelings and also what has the critic ever done anyways except for being stupid and ugly?

I feel like almost everyone at some point in their life thinks about writing? But just because you want to do something, doesn't mean the world would be a better place for it stick out tongue

The Renegade
Originally posted by Epicurus
Basically speaking, you would rather waste your potential instead of making small, reformative changes to your personality. Gotchya.

Do you consider it's not something that's small to her? Some things can be easy or difficult, depending on the individual.

Have a shred of sympathy.

silver_tears
I'm just rolling my eyes at his unsolicited advice. Not entirely sure what kind of changes one needs to make to get better at taking criticism.

Bardock42
I feel like almost everyone at some point in their life thinks about writing? But just because you want to do something, doesn't mean the world would be a better place for it stick out tongue

WHO ASKED YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE!!!

You are right though, still, **** making the world a better place, I don't care what my momma says I'm gonna have a baby!

silver_tears
Then you have the best baby you can, baby. Like Nicki Minaj says, you gotta do you. haermm

Bardock42
Nicki Minaj also says "Bitches ain't shit and they ain't saying nothing, a hundred mother****ers can't tell me nothing", words I live by.

The Renegade
I'm just rolling my eyes at his unsolicited advice. Not entirely sure what kind of changes one needs to make to get better at taking criticism.

Well, in my opinion, in order to take solid/constructive criticism, you'd probably want to broaden your tolerance for specific type of conversation or analysis. Criticism is an important type of reception because it can definitely strengthen what you do and may alert you to weaknesses that you yourself could not identify previously.

This is just general advice, though. I'm not saying this will be effective for you personally.

It's a bit of a more understandable approach than, "You're potential is shit because these puny changes won't be made! Lol!"

silver_tears
Originally posted by The Renegade
Well, in my opinion, in order to take solid/constructive criticism, you'd probably want to broaden your tolerance for specific type of conversation or analysis. Criticism is an important type of reception because it can definitely strengthen what you do and may alert you to weaknesses that you yourself could not identify previously.

This is just general advice, though. I'm not saying this will be effective for you personally.

It's a bit of a more understandable approach than, "You're potential is shit because these puny changes won't be made! Lol!"

I suppose I can take criticism, I just don't actively seek it out.

Nicki Minaj also says "Bitches ain't shit and they ain't saying nothing, a hundred mother****ers can't tell me nothing", words I live by.

Of course you do. Germans are weird.

The Renegade
words I live by.

This explains a whole host of things.

Bardock42
This explains a whole host of things.

And then some

It's xyz!
Where do you live? I have to take a train there? If you're in London yeah.

Doncaster London express it's called. ermm

silver_tears
Where does it go?

Bardock42
Nine out of ten times to Doncaster, but sometimes it takes a detour to Hogwarts.

It's xyz!
More like 9.75 times it goes to Doncaster. ermm

silver_tears
WHERE DO I CATCH THIS MAGICAL TRAIN

It's xyz!
King's Cross station.

Don't know the platform though.

silver_tears
I wanna go to Hogwarts

It's xyz!
Voldermort time?

silver_tears
I'm thinking of getting my nose pierced hmm

Bardock42
What are you thinking of wearing on it?

It's xyz!
Tragus or side?

silver_tears
What are you thinking of wearing on it?

Just a small delicate hoop, maybe a stud.

silver_tears
Originally posted by It's xyz!
Tragus or side?

Isn't tragus the ear? haermm
Just on the side.

Bardock42
So will you do it???

silver_tears
Yeah, probably tomorrow, just don't wanna spend a lot. Like tattoos are really expensive here.

Bardock42
I don't know what piercings or tattoos cost or are supposed to cost...

The Renegade
I wanted an eyebrow piercing for a while and tattoos. At this point, I lost interest. I had an earring when I was younger (usually a silver loop) but the hole has closed since.

Tattoos are quite expensive. Here, at least, something as small as, say, a 1 UP mushroom on your arm can cost almost two hundred dollars so imagine the cost of a sleeve.

silver_tears
Well a tattoo here is 50 pounds, regardless of how simple it is. Naturally the longer it takes the more expensive. My tattoo took a total of like 10 minutes and is simple and black, not colour, and it bothered me to pay that. In Toronto, I could probably get the same thing for err maybe the equivalent of 25 pounds, if not less.

Bardock42
What did you get as a tattoo?

And London is really just stupidly expensive generally.

silver_tears
It's a five-pointed black outline of a star on the inside of my wrist

The Renegade
And London is really just stupidly expensive generally.

Vancouver is the same. On top of that, B.C. is the most expensive province to live out of them all.

Bardock42
It's a five-pointed black outline of a star on the inside of my wrist

Why that in particular?

Vancouver is the same. On top of that, B.C. is the most expensive province to live out of them all.

In good news though, Bamberg is extremely cheap in many regards...

The Renegade
In good news though, Bamberg is extremely cheap in many regards...

I mean, Vancouver is no Oslo or Zurich but it's damn expensive.

To compensate, the income generated here on average is a bit greater but the margin isn't high enough to compensate for costs of living. It's generally shit.

You Upper Franconians are, as the name suggests, uppity.

Bardock42
I mean, Vancouver is no Oslo or Zurich but it's damn expensive.

To compensate, the income generated here on average is a bit greater but the margin isn't high enough to compensate for costs of living. It's generally shit.

You Upper Franconians are, as the name suggests, uppity.

Yeah, and you have to live in Vancouver. Adds insult to injury.

The Renegade
Yeah, and you have to live in Vancouver. Adds insult to injury.

Nah, I don't live in Vancouver. Almost did when I was a child but I escaped that horrid fate, luckily.

Bardock42
Well, I meant people that live in Vancouver have to. I don't actually know where you live.

The Renegade
Well, I meant people that live in Vancouver have to. I don't actually know where you live.

Coquitlam, which operates as a bedroom community. Not to me, however. I rarely visit Vancouver. I couldn't even be bothered in the '10 Olympics, which drew me a whole heap of criticism.

It's xyz!
Isn't tragus the ear? haermm
Just on the side. I thought it was the bit between the nostrils.

silver_tears
Why that in particular?

It's a bit lame, but I've always loved stars, they make me feel close to those I love. The stars I see here are the same stars my mum, my friends, my future husband will see while we're apart. They're comforting, but at the same time so vast, hence the tattoo. It always reminds me of home and London, all at once. I got it the fifth time I was in London.

It's xyz!
I've had a long term wanting a lizard tattoo on the back of my neck.

Bardock42
It's a bit lame, but I've always loved stars, they make me feel close to those I love. The stars I see here are the same stars my mum, my friends, my future husband will see while we're apart. They're comforting, but at the same time so vast, hence the tattoo. It always reminds me of home and London, all at once. I got it the fifth time I was in London.

That's not stupid. That's very sweet and a good reason.

Do you get it on different parts of your body, or like refreshed, or added to, or something else?

silver_tears
That's not stupid. That's very sweet and a good reason.

Do you get it on different parts of your body, or like refreshed, or added to, or something else?

No, just the one on the left inside wrist. Hmm actually not sure why I chose the left, probably because I can always cover it if I need to. I only ever really wanted the one tattoo. It'll be a year in October and I don't have the itch for number 2 yet.

But the piercing I've wanted for ages, I think the nose is sexy and I'm a bit old to get my lip pierced, which I've always wanted.

Bardock42
No, just the one on the left inside wrist. Hmm actually not sure why I chose the left, probably because I can always cover it if I need to. I only ever really wanted the one tattoo. It'll be a year in October and I don't have the itch for number 2 yet.

But the piercing I've wanted for ages, I think the nose is sexy and I'm a bit old to get my lip pierced, which I've always wanted.

Oh, I got confused, my bad. But your reason to get that tattoo really appeals to me, I've wanted to get an armband or something to remind myself to be a good person (to my standards obvs) for a while now. It's sort of in a similar vein.

If you were to get a second one do you have an idea of what it would be already?

If you'd like your lip pierced you should let your age get in the way of it!!!

silver_tears
Oh, I got confused, my bad. But your reason to get that tattoo really appeals to me, I've wanted to get an armband or something to remind myself to be a good person (to my standards obvs) for a while now. It's sort of in a similar vein.

If you were to get a second one do you have an idea of what it would be already?

Yeah, I can be rather sentimental sometimes blush
But it made sense to me and that's all that matters, and no matter where I end up I'll always remember London.

If I did get a second one it would be an anchor probably, something along these lines probably, obviously not the anklet, just the tiny anchors.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2iglzzc.jpg

The Renegade

I agree. I've always those forty-something year olds walking around with crap in their septum! Look like emaciated Minotaurs!

Bardock42
Why that?

The Renegade
http://creativedesignmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/tattoo2.jpg

^ That's a fly lookin' tat.

It's xyz!
Yeah, I can be rather sentimental sometimes blush
But it made sense to me and that's all that matters, and no matter where I end up I'll always remember London.

If I did get a second one it would be an anchor probably, something along these lines probably, obviously not the anklet, just the tiny anchors.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2iglzzc.jpg I never understood anchors, don't they sink and keep a boat still?

The Renegade
I never understood anchors, don't they sink and keep a boat still?

I don't think anyone would get anchors to express the literal meaning and purpose of what an anchor is and does, XYZ.

silver_tears
Why that?

Haha it's embarrassing blush

One of my favourite quotes is,

we carry these things inside us,
that no one else can see.
they hold us down like anchors,
they drown us out at sea.

And walking around with anchors on my feet would just remind me to not let things drown me out at sea.

silver_tears
I never understood anchors, don't they sink and keep a boat still?

Yeah, but I suppose anchors keep you grounded my friend.

I guess you can make a tattoo mean anything you want it to?

It's xyz!
I don't think anyone would get anchors to express the literal meaning and purpose of what an anchor is and does, XYZ. ermm

Haha it's embarrassing blush

One of my favourite quotes is,

we carry these things inside us,
that no one else can see.
they hold us down like anchors,
they drown us out at sea.

And walking around with anchors on my feet would just remind me to not let things drown me out at sea.

Bardock42
It's a nice quote, who is that by? And you shouldn't be embarrassed about your reasons, they just have to be right for you. Not that I think this is a bad reason at all.

The Renegade
ermm

That would be a figurative/metaphorical representation, XYZ.

silver_tears
It's a nice quote, who is that by? And you shouldn't be embarrassed about your reasons, they just have to be right for you. Not that I think this is a bad reason at all.

Not sure, I came across it somewhere, I could probably look it up, but I don't really think it's important who said it, just what it makes you feel shrug

That being said, it really upsets me when people get that Shakespeare quote tattoo and it's not accurate no expression

The Renegade
I guess you can make a tattoo mean anything you want it to?

You can. It's a good sentiment. A friend of mine had a tattoo of his favorite fish put on him to remind him of his most loved things in his life. His cousin drowned so he changed it's meaning to tribute his cousin and to appreciate his most loved things, as opposed to just reminding him, which is fantastic.

The Renegade
That being said, it really upsets me when people get that Shakespeare quote tattoo and it's not accurate no expression

Is it the "World's a stage" bit from "As You Like It?" I'm probably wrong.

Bardock42
Not sure, I came across it somewhere, I could probably look it up, but I don't really think it's important who said it, just what it makes you feel shrug

I guess it's not important, but it would sate my curiosity. But I could try googling.

And what Shakespeare misquote do people get?

silver_tears
I guess it's not important, but it would sate my curiosity. But I could try googling.

And what Shakespeare misquote do people get?

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."

It bothers me when people have "do wrong to no one," instead. Not sure why though.

silver_tears
Is it the "World's a stage" bit from "As You Like It?" I'm probably wrong.

Not quite stick out tongue

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>