ROTS Sidious Runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Location White House

Sidious has come to our galaxy to rule. He is approaching the White House.

The following individuals below confront him to stop him. He gets full rest after each battle.

Characters are from Marvel Universe.

How far does he get. He has his saber with him but is alone:
Captain America
Wolverine
Spiderman (Amazing Spiderman)
Magneto
Hulk

Boss Thor

How far does he get?

ares834
Magneto (who incidentally is the most powerful one here).

Placidity
Do the heroes know what he is capable of?

StealthRanger
Stops at Magneto at least

Lord Lucien
I really don't get the point of a gauntlet when the runner gets full rest between matches.

StealthRanger
It's a general rule in modern gauntlet threads

Since it'd be stupid if he fought the next guy while damaged, while said next guy was just fine, no?

Robtard
Stops at 2: Wolverine would eventually wear him down and land a kill-strike. Time is on his side.

Unless Wolverine being KO'd momentarily counts as a win?

Placidity
I reckon KO should count.

Wolverine can't get close with TK and Lightning.

DTM
Yeah, I dont give Wolverine much of a shot at all in taking down ROTS Sidious. Sidious with a lightsaber is easily a match for Wolverine close up, and force lightning and superhuman abilities can best him from range as well.

Robtard
How do you propose Sidious counters one of the best healing-factors?

Placidity
Lightning/TK for X amount of time until KO.

TheVaultDweller
Assuming KOs count as a win, he gets as far as Spiderman, maybe Magneto. If it's kill or be killed, this thread is stupid and he stops at Wolverine.

Considering how Spidey was tanking Electro's blasts, force lightning won't do much unless it acts vastly different to Electro's attacks. Also, that slowmo sequence with the stair railings and civilians, during the first Spidey/Electro fight, shows how absurdly fast Spiderman's speed and reaction time is. And the ending with the Goblin shows he can still shoot webs etc. while being choked. So to me it's a toss up there. Can Sidious use any offensive force tk on Spidey before Spidey can web him? I honestly don't know who will be quicker on the draw here.

StealthRanger
Magneto was able to K.O Wolverine by sending him flying through trees and whatnot. Sidious might be able to achieve a similar result

RJ 2.0
Boss Thor?

DTM
Originally posted by Robtard
How do you propose Sidious counters one of the best healing-factors?

Force Lightning would more than do the trick, probably KO him at that, not to mention levitating him while Force closing his throat would work as well.

Kotor3
I honestly do not see how movie version of Wolverine would be able to handle Sidious especially with Sidious having his light saber.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Kotor3
I honestly do not see how movie version of Wolverine would be able to handle Sidious especially with Sidious having his light saber.

He can't really. If it's a KO situation, all Sidious needs to do is force grip Logan and repeatedly bash his skull into the floor until he finally loses consciousness. While hard to do, enough blunt force trauma to the head can knock Wolverine out long enough to count as a KO. Logan doesn't have any way to counter force tk, so he won't get close unless Sidious lets him.

Kotor3
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
He can't really. If it's a KO situation, all Sidious needs to do is force grip Logan and repeatedly bash his skull into the floor until he finally loses consciousness. While hard to do, enough blunt force trauma to the head can knock Wolverine out long enough to count as a KO. Logan doesn't have any way to counter force tk, so he won't get close unless Sidious lets him.

Agreed. So, if it is a kill situation you feel it would go in the favor of Wolverine?

I don't.

Zack Fair
Magneto stops him unless Sidous manages to blitz him.

Kotor3
Magneto is another one. Powerful he is but I see no defense that he would have from being force choked.

Robtard
Agreed. So, if it is a kill situation you feel it would go in the favor of Wolverine?

I don't.

How would Sidious kill Wolverine?

Placidity
Depends on whether you think Adamantium is completely resistant to a lightsaber.

Lord Lucien
Let's say it's not.

DTM
Fry him with force lightning, or force TK him around like a rubber ball, both are solid options for KOing Wolverine. In return, Wolverine would not have much of a chance to beat Sidious up close, which is the only manner Wolverine can attack.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Robtard
How would Sidious kill Wolverine?
When you can tell me how Wolverine would be able to kill someone who moves as fast, is as skill, and can attack near and far, like Sidious, I will answer your question.

TheVaultDweller

I don't.

Not really. It's more a situation of me not being able to see him killing Wolverine, unless we assume a saber can cut through adamantium. So it'd just be the whole day of Sidious throwing Wolverine around like a rag doll via force TK, able to KO but not kill him. But if we do assume his saber can cut through adamantium, he can decap Wolverine.

Magneto is another one. Powerful he is but I see no defense that he would have from being force choked.

Well, he can't really stop Sidious from choking him. But he can still use his powers while being choked. Which still allows him a lot of options to fight back. Main difference here between Wolverine and Magneto is that Wolverine is a melee, street-level brawler. Magneto is a mutant powerhouse with a lot of range and control. For example, Magneto could still grab Sidious' saber and attack him with it. Or any metal from the surrounding area. Can Sidious maintain a force choke while defending against a barrage of metal shrapnel?

RJ 2.0
Sidious can easily force choke Wolverine. Death by asphyxiation.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
Sidious can easily force choke Wolverine. Death by asphyxiation.

Magneto poked him full of metal bars and dropped him in a lake, in which he spent several minutes. He woke up seconds after they took him out again. So it will at best KO him, not kill him.

RJ 2.0
Magneto poked him full of metal bars and dropped him in a lake, in which he spent several minutes. He woke up seconds after they took him out again. So it will at best KO him, not kill him. So Wolverine cannot be asphyxiated, not by any means?

TheVaultDweller
So Wolverine cannot be asphyxiated, not by any means?

Well, considering his lungs would have been filled with water, rendering him utterly unable to breath for several minutes, and he survived that just fine, I don't see how force choke will be any different. Cutting off someone's oxygen supply is cutting off someone's oxygen supply. The techniques to do it might vary, but the effect and end results are the same. Only way to kill him would be a decap, assuming the saber can cut through adamantium.

RJ 2.0
Well, considering his lungs would have been filled with water, rendering him utterly unable to breath for several minutes, and he survived that just fine, I don't see how force choke will be any different. Cutting off someone's oxygen supply is cutting off someone's oxygen supply. The techniques to do it might vary, but the effect and end results are the same. Only way to kill him would be a decap, assuming the saber can cut through adamantium.

Ah, the age old argument, adamantium versus lightsaber. My theory is that adamantium will withstand a few blows from a lightsaber, but after a dozen or so, the adamantium will weaken and give way.

TheVaultDweller
Ah, the age old argument, adamantium versus lightsaber. My theory is that adamantium will withstand a few blows from a lightsaber, but after a dozen or so, the adamantium will weaken and give way.

Yeah, not really sure. For the purposes of this fight, I am just going to assume a lightsaber can cut through adamantium with enough blows. Otherwise, there would be no point to pitting them in a death match. We do know, from The Wolverine, that superheated adamantium can cut through normal adamantium with little problem. Either way, Wolverine isn't actually winning this fight, as there is nothing he can do to Sidious unless Sidious allows it.

Only people on this list I see giving him trouble or possibly beating him are Magneto, Thor or Spidey. None of the people listed who lack ranged attacks stand a chance.

Placidity
We do know, from The Wolverine, that superheated adamantium can cut through normal adamantium with little problem.

Even normal, unheated Adamantium can cut Adamantium.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Placidity
Even normal, unheated Adamantium can cut Adamantium.

One adamantium object cutting through another has always seemed stupid to me. But that is irrelevant here in anyways, as Sidious doesn't have any on hand. I raised the point about the super heating because a lightsaber can in fact generate a shit ton of heat once it comes into contact with a solid surface. So I don't think it will cut right through by any means, but there might be case for it slowly melting through adamantium or weakening it, from repeated saber blows, or pressing the saber against it for an extended period of time.

Kotor3

Lestov16
Are lightsabers powerful enough to cut adamantium? IIRC Qui Gon and Obi Wan were struggling to cut open a metal door in TPM.

Kotor3
Here is the link to the scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OTHjSG61SI

Please tell me where the struggle was? They had to add to close two more doors to fortify themselves since the saber was cutting through the first one like nothing. And was still cutting through the second and third doors.

That was only in a few seconds before the destroyers showed up to distract the Jedi.

RJ 2.0
Yeah, not really sure. For the purposes of this fight, I am just going to assume a lightsaber can cut through adamantium with enough blows. Otherwise, there would be no point to pitting them in a death match. We do know, from The Wolverine, that superheated adamantium can cut through normal adamantium with little problem. Either way, Wolverine isn't actually winning this fight, as there is nothing he can do to Sidious unless Sidious allows it.

Only people on this list I see giving him trouble or possibly beating him are Magneto, Thor or Spidey. None of the people listed who lack ranged attacks stand a chance. Just a theory.

TheVaultDweller

How long does it take for a force choke to kill someone? I have never seen it take more than a few secs. Sidious has abnormal speed as shown in ROTS. Sidious we also know is more powerful than Vader. In ESB Vader was choking people from across space while talking. When fighting Luke he was able to move objects without the use of his hands or pointing to the objects while fighting. Vader was taught by Sidious.

So yes, I see Sidious be able to dodge attacks with his speed while maintaining a choke hold on Magento until he is KO or dies.

Well, Anakin had Padme in a force choke for about 10 seconds and she survived. During the "I find your lack of faith disturbing" scene he chokes a guy for 15 seconds and he survives. When he chokes that guy over the monitor the guy dies, but it takes 17 seconds, and you hear and audible crack at the end, which suggests more than simple asphyxiation. And the key thing is, all these people were helpless and had no way whatsoever of fighting back. Magneto does.

And as to Sidious simply dodging everything while also maintaining a force choke, this is where you and I disagree. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest a force user can maintain a force choke for several seconds, while dodging multiple projectiles coming from various directions. And let's say he can dodge things coming directly at him, it won't help Sidious if Magneto creates a shrapnel storm around him. Dodging one piece of metal doesn't help when it puts you in the path of five others. And once a piece of metal gets under Sidious' skin, he is going to be in trouble.

Kotor3

TheVaultDweller

Kotor3

TheVaultDweller
@ Kotor3:

Well, we are kind of agreeing then. I see a case for Magneto winning fights, under certain circumstances. I also see a case for Sidious winning under different circumstances. You just give Sidious better odds than I do of pulling off more wins. There is no definitive proof that Mags can take out Sidious, but there is a potential for victory there.

As for the others, I see Spiderman giving him trouble and possibly eeking out a win if he can fight cleverly. Spidey is immensely strong, fast, durable and agile, and his spider sense will aid him in a similar manner precog will aid Sidious. Spiderman has dodged bullets at point blank range during the car jacking scene in AM1, and dodged all Rhino's attacks while swinging at him at the end of AM2. Not to mention keeping up with a pure energy being and dodging a lot of their attacks. So he is fast as hell really. I would however still give Sidious the edge due to having TK. Not sure choke and lightning would be as effective, considering he took a considerable bit of strangling by a super powered Goblin and didn't seem the worst for wear, and also tanked some powerful electrical blasts from Electro. But I can see things like force push giving him problems.

I agree with you with regards to Thor though. He is the only one on this list I can see taking a solid majority of wins against Sidious.

Kotor3
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.